Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

Od FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... Více

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 941-950

452 16 0
Od FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 941 "Battle (2)"

Under the encirclement of these people who wish him harm, Piggy's initial wave of sadness was swiftly replaced by fear and panic.

Thankfully he wasn't alone because Mo Li Shang was quickly able to catch up to his side. Picking the little fella up, the teen wraps his arms around the pink piggy with alarmed eyes at these people.

"Young man, you're a proper human so why are you protecting some stupid animal? If you're willing to hand over that demon beast then we'll let you live!" The leading bulky looking big man steps forward to offer, his expression cold and threatening.

The insult didn't sit well with Piggy at all. Shooting a hard stare back, You are the stupid one, your whole family is stupid! I am clearly the smartest and cleverest little piggy under the sky! How can you lot compare me with those stupid beasts?

"Shang Shang," it's then Bai Yan also walks over with Dragony in hand. Showing a frowning face, "What happened?"

"Before when I came over to this place with Piggy," pursing his lip in grievance, "this group of people suddenly surrounded me and demanded I hand him over. Piggy is my family, there's no way I can hand him over to these people."

Bai Yan instantly got cold in her aura: "You take Piggy and leave first, I will deal with this."

"I won't," said the teen with a firm shake of the head. "This trouble is caused by us so I can't let you stay and take it for us. I'm a man so it's me who should be protecting you."

As a hotblooded young man, how could he leave and let a woman deal with his problems?

"Che~ here comes another two," said the big hulky man with disdain. "Girl, why do you side with these demons? Hurry and take your daughter and leave, we will not lay our hands on another human."

It's normal for humans to coexist with demonic beasts elsewhere in this world, but here in this border city where its rift with strife between both races, such a thought could only be a dream. Therefore, the group demanding the handover of Piggy held an indescribable strong hatred for the demons.

"Oink Oink!" Seeing how reinforcements has come, Piggy's initial tepidness were quickly changed to arrogance as he growled out at the group blocking his path. Unexpectedly, some of that saliva even ended up splattering over to the big hulky man in front.

Hurrying to wipe himself free from the gross slimy liquid from his own face, it's obvious the act has infuriated the leader based on those veins popping out in the forehead. "You're seeking death! How dare you get arrogant while on human territory! My brothers, we've been suffering under these demons for months now, let us take revenge for the misery we've endured!" With his order, the group behind him quickly surrounds the place from all angle.

Bai Yan didn't panic, nor did she get intimidated; instead, her eyes were quickly scanning the surrounding area and the chances of her coming out on top. According to her assessment, there are around a couple here who are at the middle level of the Saint Rank, likely some of the strongest here in the border city. Sure, they're a level higher than herself, but she had the bone quill from the Holy Domain to act as her weapon. Putting up a fight shouldn't be an issue. What's more, if the other side didn't have any divine artifacts to match then a victory would be assured!

"Go look for whoever killed your loved ones. Piggy is my friend's pet so I won't allow any of you to harm him!"

Chapter 942 "Battle (3)"

Releasing her hand around Dragony's, Bai Yan takes a step forward to make a stance.

"Humph!" The big bulky man huffs a grunt at this picture as he swings his huge knife down at her. Perhaps it's the strength, or that he's imbued the strike with his own power, but a whirling series of wind blades instantly forms into existence for the woman.

Boom!!!!

The attack was direct, raising up a storm of dust clouds from the recoiling force. Sadly for the man, the effects were minimal. Bai Yan did not take even a step back from the strike. Instead, she was able to easily block off everything with her tiny bone quill.

This unexpected outcome humiliated the big guy and earned him some odd stares from the back for sure because he was acting so confident and such in front of everyone. Yet, look at what happened, nothing.... Not a cut, not even a tear in the clothes. Furthermore, his huffy attitude soon changed to shock once this big guy realized what he was confronting.

"This bone quill... it's a divine artifact?"

If not then what else out there can produce such drastic effects?

Thinking up to here, a powerful flash of greed beams out of the big hulky man's eye when looking at Bai Yan's weapon of choice. It's invasive and gross like he's undressed the woman from top to bottom.

"Brothers and sisters, let me handle this woman and I'll leave the others to you all. Arrest this teen and young girl for colluding with the pig!" Giving the corner of his lip a lick, the guy turned menacing, just like an evil final boss cackling a laugh from those old movies.

Mo Li Shang wasn't as calm in the back though once those foes began to move against him. He's flustered from being confronted with so many people, even so, he somehow managed to resist the attacks with a sword he pulled out from somewhere on his own.

This didn't escape Bai Yan's attention of course, which greatly surprised her due to the teen's amazing strength. This Mo Li Shang.... He's a Saint Rank as well? If he had such power to begin with then why was he severely injured at the Medicine Sect, and why did he lose all his memories? What does his appearance mean?

Despite all these lingering questions that she wants answered, Bai Yan didn't have room to dwell on the issue. The reasoning being that the attacks are now aimed directly at the dazed looking Dragony to one side.

"Dragony, get away!" Going pale in the face, she cries out in her urgency.

Unfortunately, the lass didn't budge, only staring at the oncoming blades with a look of fear like she's overcome by the emotion. However.... then it happened, right before contact. Perhaps the thought of death finally brought the dragoness back to reality, but the next shoving push from the clueless girl's hand did more than just resist the swing of the blade, she sent them flying!

"You baddies go away! You're not allowed to harm my mother!" Moving at lightning pace, the young lass's body became a blur of light as she becomes enveloped in a sacred light while dashing forward with her own attack.

"Baddies! Anyone who hurts my mother are baddies! I'm going to eat you all!"

GRARRRRR!!!!!

A deafening draconian roar rocks the air and land, causing even the light to fluctuate for a split second from the sonic wave. But this wasn't the most important, rather its Dragony's new transformation. Gradually lengthening in size until she's her true form, the lass was no longer a green color like before, instead, she's now pure white from top to bottom. Then without so much as another word, she gulps down the closest human cultivator in one fell swoop.

"I'M GOING TO EAT YOU ALL!!!" There's no childish tone in her voice this time around, nay, nor does it sound dull and timid. Instead, it's the sound of a determined girl of sizable strength that rang into everyone's ear on this border city.

Mo Li Shang had stopped his actions by this point – much like the rest around himself – but it was Piggy who was the mouth shocked by the girl's transformation. The poor little pig was slacking his jaws open from not knowing how to react because he's the one who offended Dragony the most from sniffing her earlier.... He's quite happy at not being eaten!

Chapter 943 "Battle (4)"

"DEMON! This little girl is also a demon!"

And, a dragon at that?

The big hulky guy has already come back to his senses from the initial shock of Dragony's transformation. "Retreat, everyone retreat!" he yells this out with grit between his teeth.

Those bastards from the dragon clan are all madman's in the guy's eye. In fact, he only provoked the confrontation because he saw Piggy was alone and from a weak racial clan. Now that things are involving the mighty dragons, his courage had gone out the window.

Pity for him though, Bai Yan has no intention of letting these people leave because she's already blocked off his escape route from behind....

"Didn't you want to eat a roast pig just moments ago? What, don't want it anymore? Why are you leaving so early?" she asks with an obvious level of disdain.

The situation looked dire for the big man as he anxiously watched the new Dragony devour all of his brothers and sisters. Before he knew it, he's the only one left around here, the rest already being nutrients in the young lass's stomach. To make matters worse, Dragony just had to go and make a loud burp like a stuffed diner. That's a real trauma for those that's on the dinner plate.

"Mother, what should we do with this guy? His strength is too high for me, I'm scared that I can't digest him like last time." This was already a long stretch for the dragoness's belly because of the amount of lower leveled Saint Ranks she gobbled up.

Bai Yan didn't mind it though, in fact, she's more worried about the girl's new transformation. Unfortunately, this was no time to be inquiring about the details so her eyes are locked onto the remaining foe, her bone quill glowing with sharp bitter light of frost as she does so.

"Lady, do you really think I'm afraid you two?" The big man makes a frown before continuing, "If it wasn't because I'm afraid of provoking the dragon clan after killing this lass then both of you would be dead by now."

In other words, him not fighting wasn't out of fear, it's merely to avoid provoking the revenge from the dragon clan. Also, this would be the only opportunity for Bai Yan and her friends to leave since he's being merciful right now.

"Yan Yan, this guy is a typical coward that only knows how to bully the weak," Mo Li Shang finally catches up with Piggy in hold, "He saw how easy Piggy was to pick on, that's why they demanded to take him. Now that the dragons are involved, he immediately cowers away."

The big man grew furious and embarrassed at being called out: "Humph, you bastards are seeking death. Fine, it's only retaliation from the dragon clan, I Wu Xiong can handle it!"

Swoosh~!

No longer trying to run, the big bulky man known as Wu Xiong slams the tip of his blade onto the ground and stirs up a cloud of dust. Regardless of the cowardice in his heart, the person was still a man, there's bound to be blood in there somewhere after being mocked to such extent.

"Shang Shang, you step back." Clasping tightly onto her weapon, Bai Yan faces off against her foe with determination.

"Okay!" The youngster didn't struggle with the idea. Getting back to the rear with Piggy, Mo Li Shang's eyes were clear as the water: "Yan Yan, if you cannot hold on then change with me during the fight, we can use the turtle wheel tactic and beat him that way."

Chapter 944 "Mountain (1)"

Huffing a grunt with a cold face, Wu Xiong's body disappears in a flash as he makes his move against Bai Yan. The attack should've sliced the woman in two according to the image this man envisioned, but his attempt was in vain because the target had sidestepped to one side right before contact like there's eyes behind her back. Even so, the recoiling force from the strike nearly splits the cloud and left a huge crack that stretched for hundreds of meters on the ground.

......

This battle was no longer between the two parties. It's far too huge of a commotion and has attracted everyone living along this border city, this includes Hu Mei that's not far away from the epicenter. Furrowing her brow at the rising smoke: "What's happening, who's fighting over there?"

"Miss, shall we go and see?" Hu Qi the maid asks with a respectful voice from one side.

Hu Mei the fox lady was at first undecided, but as soon as she saw her old man Hu Bud Wei rushing for the outside, any hesitation was removed. "Come, we're going to investigate the fighting."

At the same time, many of the strong humans living here in the border city were also alarmed by the fluctuation in the air. They didn't wait and also rushed for the place of battle.

......

Under the battering of the gusting wind, Bai Yan's expression was that of caution against the foe in front. No matter how much she looks down upon the big bulky man, he's still a mid-level Saint Rank cultivator. Focus was key in this fight if she wants to achieve complete victory.

"Yan Yan." Seemingly able to sense something, Mo Li Shang hurries to cry out from his end: "This isn't good. There are a lot of powerful people coming this way!"

Just like her handsome young friend, Bai Yan also became aware of the prying eyes from afar. Though she didn't speak, the signaling look the woman gave to the dragoness was enough to indicate what she wanted from her goddaughter.

"Mother, I will deal with those people so don't worry." Dragony makes a broad smile once she understood.

Despite her own belly being quite huge already from the number of people she ate, the young lass in her beastial form didn't relent and took to the sky by transforming into a brilliant mass of light. For the unexpected, those weaker cultivators were the first to go from the new batch of food that had just arrived on scene. And because of how fast Dragony flew at, many didn't even have time to react before they were consumed like the rest.

However, Bai Yan's confidence in her own goddaughter has grown complacent. Right after this second wave of consumption, the dragoness's complexion was starting to look unwell and even turned a shade of green.

Then it happened.....

As soon as the young girl went after the stronger newcomers, her tummy has grown so large and massive that it's borderline translucent on the outer belly skin – the silhouettes of the people she ate could be seen through this.

"OOOuuuhhhhhhggggg." Groaning from the throbbing pain, Dragony directly falls out of the sky and makes a loud smacking thud when impacting. Then as if to emphasize her unwell state, the girl's shape also reverts back to her loli self as she rolled around the floor while holding the stomach.

"Dragony!" Shocked by the sudden change, Bai Yan couldn't care about her opponent anymore and quickly made a dash the other way. She's greatly alarmed and was anxious to figure out the cause, "What's wrong?"

"Mother.... my tummy, it hurts..." Tightly biting her pale lips, the lass's forehead was covered in cold sweat as she explained.

Chapter 945:"Mountain (2)"

Bai Yan's face had wrinkled into a knot after seeing the terrible state of that belly: "You ate too many people again. Take this medicine, it will help with your indigestion." That said, she immediately takes out a beady little pill and stuffs it into Dragony's mouth.

The effects were immediate. Though it couldn't completely dissolve the pain from her belly, the young lass did feel much more comfortable to the level where her complexion had stopped looking so pale.

"Hold on for now Dragony, I'll use other ways to help you digest your food after we leave this place." Standing up again with her goddaughter in arms, Bai Yan's sharp gaze swept across the many foes that has come to the scene.

At this moment there are far more people than there were at the beginning of this battle, this includes several mid-level Saint Ranks as well. If it was just dealing with Wu Xiong then Bai Yan had every confidence to come out on top of this big hulky guy, however, if it's added with so many unknown variables then not even she could be so certain anymore.

"Everyone," Wu Xiong became elated at the vast number of helpers that came to his aid, "these two humans are colluding with the demons. For our sake, and all of humanity, I implore everyone here to help me capture these two demons and prosecute the traitors!"

The man's words were damning because the look Bai Yan got from everyone were threateningly cold. In this border city, humanity and demonkin are like fire and water, polar opposites in their element. Once the feud becomes ignited, there's no turning back.

"Humph, to be so self-depreciating and evil as a human being is unforgivable! Today you will hand over those two demons, otherwise the crime on you shall be the same as them!"

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

"That's right! Hand over the two demons and your life shall be spared!"

There's a brewing anger in their eyes as if Bai Yan and her party committed some sort of heinous crime worthy of death. Talk about being conceited and self-righteous, that's what they are.

Piggy was the most afraid among them of course. Though this pink piglet with wings knew his master Mo Li Shang wouldn't abandon him to the wolves, the intimidating air around so many foes still brought fear into his little heart.

"What's going on here?" Suddenly, a cold voice breaks through the air and cuts over the noise.

The crowds gathered here were able to recognize the owner of that voice with ease because their faces didn't look good as soon as they saw who was coming. It's a handsome middle-aged man followed closely by a foxy woman of immense charm.

Hu Mei only needed a glance to recognize who it was at the epicenter after she descended from the air. There's surprise and shock in her eyes, but more were contempt and ridicule for Bai Yan's supposed pompous arrogance.

This woman really doesn't want to live. First it was pretending to be the demon queen, then now its provoking the humans living here in the border city. Even fate is frowning on her.

"Hu Bud Wei," Wu Xiong's face got ugly when speaking up, "are you intending to intervene in this matter?"

If there's anyone in this border city the big bulky man fears then it would be the members of the fox clan. Unlike the other demon races, the royal family of the Demon Realm was also a fox, making Hu Bud Wei's status special in the eyes of these humans. What's more, this fox chief was also an elder in the palace prior to his banishment, that's a huge boon to his reputation.

Chapter 946: "Mountain (3)"

"Wu Xiong, I said it before. While under my watch no human can harm us demons in this border city, otherwise...." the fox chief says.

"Demons?" The big hulky man snickers sarcastically at the remark, "Do you not see those two demons over there are submitting themselves to the two humans? So, they are what you call traitors, and again, the two humans are also traitors to humanity!"

Hu Bud Wei couldn't help but frown at the idea. If it was in the past then he would surely reprimand the other side if that's the case, however, the post of being Queen of the Demon Realm has now been taken over by a human woman. Even if he's unwilling, siding with the big hulky man in this case would be equivalent of insulting said queen.

"Father, Wu Xiong is right, these people are indeed traitors to us demons!" Hu Mei suddenly chimes in with a cold voice when locking eyes with Bai Yan, "This woman is the one I told you about from earlier today. She wanted me to connect her with the king through our connection so she could seduce His Majesty, but I refused of course. Out of anger, she then attacked my maid even. Do you still want to save such a person?"

"You're talking nonsense, my mother is the Queen!" Flushing red in the face due to how angry she was, Dragony lashes out despite her own condition, "It was clearly your maid who wanted to hit me, that's why my mother hit her back!"

Queen? The beating speed in the fox chief's heart began to pace incredibly fast for a brief moment, This dragon girl called this woman Queen? But when did Her Highness have a daughter? His Majesty never mentioned it at all in the letters!

"Dragony," hugging the young missy from behind to settle her trembling body down, Bai Yan's calm and aloof self then confronts Hu Bud Wei. "Are you the chief of the fox clan here in this border city?"

"That's right, I am Hu Bud Wei!" Hands behind his back, the handsome middle-aged fox man was doing well in giving off a majestic and superior air.

Ignoring the flagrant dismissiveness, Bai Yan instead flips her hand out with a greenish object in hand: "This jade token, do you recognize it?"

Hu Bud Wei frowned at this of course. He couldn't quite pinpoint it but he does find it vaguely familiar for some reason....

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

Truth was, Di Cang had sent out the portrait of Bai Yan's identity token to everyone in the Demon Realm, including the fox clan exiled to this border city. What's unfortunate though was this fox chief's lack of forethought. When he received the picture back then, he only gave it a quick scrim through and left it as was, never did this fox expect to encounter Bai Yan in his lifetime. Making matters worse, foxes are inherently bad with their memories unless they deliberately went out of their way to remember something.

It's no surprise that he forgot....

Hu Mei didn't miss her old man's reaction with those sharp glaring eyes. In her haste after seeing the badge in Bai Yan's hand, the fox demoness immediately hatched a devious plan in her mind. One for out of spite regarding her maid's injury, the second being Bai Yan's superior beauty.

"Impudent! This jade token is clearly mine. I dropped it by accident this morning, to think it was stolen by you. What sort of world has this become if a thief can so blatantly flaunt their ill gotten gains out in the open, and before their real owner at that!"

Father can be so stupid at times. If I don't find some excuse to make him move then he might really believe this woman's words. It's not like this person can be the real demon queen anyways.

Making a face like he's enlightened somehow, the fox chief gives the fox patterned jade token a final stare before nodding his head. So its my daughter's stuff, no wonder it looks so familiar.....

Finding it pointless at this stage to continue her attempt to show her identity, Bai Yan puts the thing away before making a sneer: "I've heard of foxes being cunning and clever by nature, but it seems that's not true at all. To think the fox clan would have such a stupid person in their mix!"

So that's why Di Xiao Wan is a sweet dumbaclutz, not every member of the foxes are as clever and cunning as my own boy.

Chapter 947 "Mountain (4)"

"Lady, I don't care where or how you got your hands on this jade token, but the fact that you are scheming to seduce the king is enough to make you the enemy of the entire Demon Realm."

Compared to Bai Yan, Hu Bud Wei was more willing to believe his own daughter's story. Even though there are cases where Hu Mei's actions are puzzling and excessive, it's still his daughter that's being put on the table. As a father, he knows the girl best. A proud and strong personality wouldn't fall so low as to lie....

Besides, how can this woman be the queen? Someone that can be the king's wife must be equally as strong, otherwise that man would never take another look.

"Dragony," casting her warm gaze down to the little girl in her arms like a mother protecting a baby, Bai Yan's asks, "are you afraid?"

The little missy shakes her head without hesitation: "Mother, I am not afraid...."

"Good, then make sure you hold onto me tightly later. I will take you all and charge out of here." With her other hand holding the bone quill, Bai Yan's expression grew sharp after turning back to the group of enemies before herself. "Shang Shang, you take Piggy and follow closely behind me."

The handsome teen obligingly nods from behind. He has no intention of being a leg weight in this situation.

Pleased by her friend's firmness, Bai Yan only had one last thing to say to the fox chief before making her final decision: "Is the fox clan going to watch from the side, or.... help these people?"

"Lady, perhaps I can stay out of this if you return the jade token to my daughter. If not..." Hu Bud Wei didn't finish the last bit of his sentence, but the threat and seriousness in his voice said it all.

That's all she needed to hear. Without another word, Bai Yan points her bone quill directly at the fox chief and causes a cloud of dust to blow into the air merely from the seeping aura of that weapon. It's her way of declaring war.....

Getting darker in his face, Hu Bud Wei coldly huffs a snort at the impudence directed at himself. Taking a step back to make sure he's at a safe distance: "Wu Xiong, these people and demons are indeed traitors like you said. If you need my help then the fox clan here in the city will be happy to join the fight against these traitors."

The big hulky man promptly laughs aloud: "I wouldn't have it any other way. These scums are pure filth to betray their own kind."

But before the pompous man could finish his laughable speech of self-righteousness, Bai Yan had already begun to make her move. Sure, she may still be carrying a little girl in one of her arms, but that's not going to hinder her speed because that bone quill was already right up against the big guy's chest and about to pierce through after she disappeared from her spot. If not for the fact that they're all prepared ahead of time, this attack would've definitely been lethal instead of just a graze after Wu Xiong narrowly manages to dodge it.

Boom!

Hu Bud Wei also attacks after seeing the preemptive strike. His punches were like the wind itself, creating afterimages one after the other. No matter how fast and agile the woman's reflexes were, the opening she created by trying to make a lunging pierce at the big guy had left her unable to dodge. In the end several hits landed and causes Bai Yan to stumble backwards.

"Mother!!" Dragony screams out in great fright after seeing the injury. The little missy was completely riled up at this stage. Hair puffed and claws stretched, she's no different from a wild animal trying to intimidate the foe.

Bai Yan knew if this continued then her goddaughter would surely do something dangerous. In her haste, she quickly takes out a Dan pill and throws it into her mouth before launching into another attack at the fox chief this time.

Bang~!

Two fists collided in the air, but instead of trying to force the blow to gain a advantage, the woman uses the delay and recoiling force from the other side to fling herself to Mo Li Shang's side.

"Let's go!" she says after getting hold of the teen's shoulder.

Seeing how the other party's about to leave, Wu Xiong was the first to react: "Quick, everyone stop them! Don't let those bastards escape!"

This woman's talent is too terrifying. If allowed to live then she will inevitably become our end.

Thankfully Bai Yan was well prepared for the enemy to block her path. Pushing her package to a safe place with an energy infused shove, Bai Yan raises her bone quill again to meet the attack head on by making a swinging slash.

Chapter 948 "Mountain (5)"

Blazing through that skin with her bone quill, Bai Yan easily picks off the weakest person that's closest to herself after several exchanges with them all. Now that an opening has been torn in this siege, there's no more reason to stall and stick around. Grabbing her friend by the shoulder for the second time, she instantly dashes off into the sky and flies away.

"Mother, I'm almost fully recovered now, I can help carry us all in my dragon form." The little missy's voice was still seething with anger after casting a glance behind themselves.

"Don't say anymore," Bai Yan shuts the idea down with a stern face, "your body still has some problems that's not resolved yet. Don't worry, believe in me and we'll all be fine."

"Mmm," answering with a compliant humm, Dragony no longer tries to resist being a package and buries her face into that arm. She's upset but there's no way the missy's going to show that to her precious family.

"Yan Yan, this dragon of yours seem to be very strong. Does she have any other skill?" Mo Li Shang asks from one side, his eyes fluttering with curiosity.

"I can only fly a bit faster than the average," all embarrassed at being the topic of discussion, Dragony blushes in the cheek and looks all adorable despite her following terrifying words. "I can also eat people, but other than eating, I can't do much else."

"....." Twitching in the eye for a second, the handsome teen nevertheless continues with a forced smile, "Then what about combat?"

"I can't, no one taught me how to fight." Hanging her head low, the dragoness seems apologetic like she's done something bad.

Bai Yan didn't mind the two chatting away while she did the heavy lifting of flying through the air, but just running like this won't help while the group of pursuers continued to chase them from behind. Scanning the terrain, her eyes soon fell upon a shadowy forest up ahead which would be a perfect place to lose someone due to its dense greenery.

Without a second delay, she bumps her speed up and directly disappears into the shrubbery, leaving Hu Bud Wei and the rest of the humans in the background staring idly at the forest.

"Lord Hu, are you not going to continue your chase?" Wu Xiong asks with a puzzled face at the fox chief.

Narrowing his eyes at the man who dares to question him: "Are you pretending to be stupid or just that stupid? This part is already past the border between the two realms. If I go any further then I'm entering the mountain range inside the Demon Realm."

"Haha!" Wu Xiong promptly breaks out into a bellowing laugh, "Hu Bud Wei, are you implying you are afraid of some demonic mountain range despite being a member of the fox clan?"

That comment was very blunt and very awkward for the exiled fox chief. It's not like he's afraid to step back into the Demon Realm, but being safer never hurts, especially when the cause of this whole thing didn't relate to himself at heart.

But images must be kept up. Giving a snort, Hu bud Wei rebukes with cynical words of his own: "You think I would need to personally make a move? I am a member of the fox clan! One word from me is enough to leave her with nothing but bones! Daughter, we're going home." Giving one final glance at the gloomy and spooky looking mountain range, the fox chief whisks his sleeve and turns away without looking back.

Wu Xiong snarled before narrowing in his eyes: "Bastard, you think I don't know the truth? If your position within the fox clan was even remotely important then you wouldn't be at this border city. You may be able to fool some but you can't fool everyone."

"What are we going to do now?" Another saint rank cultivator asks from one end.

"All demons and demon beasts alike are inherently hateful of us humans. Now that those two are inside, it's only a matter of time before the local monsters get to them. As for that bastard Hu Bud Wei, humph, leave him be! No matter what he's still a fox." The big man then inhales deeply like he's suppressing the annoyance he felt, "Those people in the Celestial Realm is treating our lives like its worthless. If we kill one of the fox clan's member then the Demon Realm will surely retaliate for touching those related to the royal family. We can't afford such a consequence!"

Truth was there aren't a lack of powerful humans in this border city – there's even a couple of high leveled Saint Ranks in closed door training. Why they are willing to put up with the fox clan taking house in their territory goes to show the level of worry they held for provoking the foxes.

Chapter 949 "Mountain (6)"

Not far away from the main body of humans, Hu Bud Wei could see the others are keeping their distance from himself and decides bring up his thought. "Mei'er, is what you said really true, that jade token is yours and she stole it?" he asks with a tinge of worry in his voice.

The fox demoness didn't give any hint of deceit from her end and answered promptly: "Father, you know I'm not quip to lie. That jade token really is mine, I carved it some time ago and only wore it once. Maybe that's why you don't have any recollection? As for the part that she wanted to seduce the king...." Hu Mei took a second to organize her story, "That happened while you were in closed door training. She thought we are close to the palace because we are foxes and could connect her with the right people. Furthermore, did you see that weapon in her hands?"

Hu Bud Wei's eye flashed meaningful at that reminder. He's not blind, he could tell Bai Yan was only a lower leveled Saint Rank. However, through the support of that frosty bone quill, she's able to stay on top of so many stronger cultivators. It's not hard to image how valuable that weapon was if it's used by another.

"She promised me," the fox demoness bites her lip like she's aggravated by her own decision, "if I help her then she will give me that bone quill. I naturally refused her of course! I've always been a free minded soul so how can I betray the king for the mere sake of a divine weapon?"

That finally relieved the fox chief. Making a long sigh: "That's good to hear. I was really afraid this woman would be the real demon queen herself."

"What do you mean by that Father?"

"Nothing to worry about my dear, it just so happens that I've learned of the queen visiting the border city and will be here any day now. I've never met Her Highness before so I can't be certain of her face or identity. It's good that your story is true, now we have nothing to worry about."

While the fox chief was smiling on the face, the daughter on the other hand wasn't so calm in the heart anymore. She's shuddering from shock and nearly fell over backwards.

It can't be.... that woman really is the queen?

No! No, it can't be! Even if she is the queen, why would she come to this border city? There's no way she can prove herself. What's more, a human entering the demonic mountain range will only die at the end. She will never come back, never!

"You need to stop worrying all the time Father. Maybe the queen herself is still on the road and won't be some time before she arrives. There are so many shameless women in this world, I'm sure this one is only an imposter. Do you really believe an outsider over your own daughter?"

"I of course believe in you my dear," the fox chief breaks out into a happy smile, "you are much smarter than your older sister so I'm very confident you won't make the same mistake she did in the past."

Perhaps it's the parental bond, or just this family of foxes are just that dumb, but Hu bud Wei didn't take notice of that split second of worry in the girl's face when he said that.

......

Inside the spooky and dark forest.

Bai Yan had just landed on the ground and stopped running when she confirmed there are no more pursuers in the back: "Dragony, how are you feeling now?"

"It's much better than before, but my tummy still feels uncomfortable." Hanging her head, the little missy sounds uneasy, "Mother, am I useless? If it was Brother here, he will certainly be able to help Mother solve the problem."

Smiling at how sensible her goddaughter was being, Bai Yan could only smile and nothing else: "You silly, he's already seven this year. Compared with you who only had your mind opened last year, you are already doing extraordinarily well. Wait some more, you will definitely be able to help me like he does, okay?"

Chapter 950 "Mountain (7)"

"Really?" Little Dragony's eyes lit up into a bright smile, "I will work hard. Although I cannot compare with Brother, but ... I also want to protect Mother."

"Now don't talk, I'll help you digest the forces in your body."

"Okay."

Bai Yan's method were direct and thorough. By pumping a string of silky energy into the missy's back, her senses could then manipulate and guide the insides of the missy's organs and content. Sure enough, Dragony's closed eyelids began to flutter as soon as she's closed them because the stuffed belly no longer felt so uncomfortable. In fact, it's soothing as the humans inside swiftly changed into consumable energy, flowing all over her veins and bones and reinforcing them in the meantime.

Time slowly elapsed in this state.

Due to the missy's immature body and lack of experience, the amount of energy produced by the two female's effort had exceeded what the lass could handle. In the end, it was Bai Yan who had to take in a portion of the excess energy into her own body for processing.

BOOOM~!!!!!!

That's the sound of success. Not only did the little dragoness's cultivation sky rocket into the Saint Rank through this experience, she also directly broke through from the lower level to the middle level and even into the higher level in one go! Yes, this was a total cheat and blasphemous way of improving one's strength, but it's her way and it works.

Of course, anything good always comes with a con. If there wasn't a supporting aid on the side, the number of people she consumed would've eventually killed her due to the chaotic energy brewing from within. She's fortunate and got lucky in this case.

By this point Mo Li Shang was going crazy already and clawed at his own hair. He's been watching the pair doing their own thing for a good part of this month, and what do they do at the end? Go on a leveling spree while he could only gulp day after day at their incredible improvements.

Hey, you can't do that to innocent people like me. When did Saint Ranks become so easy to reach? It's not cabbage you can pop out of the ground in a few days! This is wrong! This is cheating! I want compensation for my injured heart!

"Mother, I broke through!" Pouncing right into her mother's arm in excitement, Dragony's smile was showing her pearly white front teethes: "Next time when we meet those bad people I can help you kill them!"

Unlike her usual kind and innocent demeanor, her words this time around when saying the 'kill' word definitely carried a fierce tone in there. It's getting there, threatening and convincing, but not hair raising enough yet. Perhaps in a few more years and she would have the same effect as the adults.

Warmed by the girl's promise, Bai Yan caringly fixes up her goddaughter's hair before getting up herself.

"Are we back in the Demon Realm?" Losing her angry air, Dragony's throws this question out without any intended recipient. "I can pick up a lot of demon auras in the area, we.... should be back in the Demon Realm."

"Since were back in our own territory then its fine. I wonder where we are exactly though." Letting go of the missy in her arms, "Come, let's go and search around for some clues."

"Okay!" Answering with an obedient tone, Dragony happily runs ahead to scan the terrain.

Meanwhile in the back, Mo Li Shang was pursing his lips in a dispirited manner: "I'm sorry Yan Yan."

The woman ahead stopped and casts a look backwards at the teen.

"It was I who dragged you down..." all apologetic in the eyes, "if it wasn't for me, Dragony wouldn't have...."

"You shouldn't blame yourself." Making a reassuring smile of her own, Bai Yan doesn't have the same opinion: "This is what you call a blessing in disguise. If there weren't so many Saint Ranks around do you think my goddaughter would be able to make a breakthrough? Also, do you think I too would be able to benefit from the extra energy and be at the threshold of leveling up as well? Once we leave this place, its those people who will need to run from us..."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.9M 97.2K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
105K 4.1K 42
(This is not machine translated!) (Starts from chapter 241.) A guy in his late twenties one day wakes up in someone else's body and realises he's gon...
37.9K 1.2K 41
Maenya Targaryen. Born in 96 AC, The first child of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, All seemed well, Maenya was "The gem of the Kingdoms" her younger si...