Abandoned

Da NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... Altro

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 9: Rejected
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 15: Back to Normal?
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation
Chapter 26: Separated
Chapter 27: Secret Plan
Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones

30.2K 691 53
Da NoraGrande

-Melissa's POV-

"Dear diary, yesterday was the best. I just messed up my soon-to-be husband's clothes. Well, I dyed all of them pink. At first, he was angry but then he said that I was too innocent to be scolded by him. So, he had no choice and wear the pink clothes. But, the worst part is that he get humiliated. If you're reading this, sorry baby." I read the paragraph loudly. I keep on trying to hold my laugher, reading the diary. James pretends that he didn't hear anything and continues to focus on the road. Right now, both of us are at his car. And yes, I bring the diary along. Like what he said yesterday, he promised me to send me home today. But he didn't say that he will send me home in the very early morning. Really? 5 o'clock in the morning? I'm still sleeping during that period of time.

"Melissa, could you stop reading the diary and make my cheeks red?" He asked me with his puppy face. I growled and throws the diary to the backseat. I crossed my arms over my chest and pouts, looking out of the window. I heard him sigh.

"Don't be like that, pouty. Alright, alright. How about we turn on some awesome songs." He said while plugging in his USB to the radio. Suddenly, my favourite song blasted the car. Oh my gosh! He is using my old USB that is full of my songs. I've been looking for that USB, but I couldn't find it for a month. He just stole my USB! Not to care about that, I starts singing the first song that comes out from the radio - Rolling in the Deep by Adele. When I try to hit the high note, James already get ready to close his ears. I playfully let go of his hands from his ears and shouted the high note at his ear, making him deaf for awhile. He then pushed me back to the passenger seat, making me laugh.

Throughout the whole thirty minutes car ride from Manhattan to Brooklyn, we had been singing what is on my USB. And I must admit that this is fun. It brings back the memories from the past.

"Alright, we're here." He stepped on the brakes and his car went free-wheeling and turned turtle before coming to a stop. I took a deep breath before opening the door. Am I really ready to face Chris after the incident? I just shook my head and bring my confidence back. I opened the door and stepped out of James' car. Before I could say my goodbyes, James is already beside me, guiding me into the building. I guessed he wants to follow me up until my penthouse.

I pressed the up button and the elevator door opens. Both of us stepped in and I pressed the very last floor. I cleared my throat to break the silence. I shamelessly asked him why he followed me until the top floor.

"Why do you want to follow me? You know that you could just send me in front of the building an leave."

"I don't know. I think I just want to know where you leave now." He answered. I just nodded and the silence came back. Then, I heard him murmur something.

"I miss you, Melissa." He speaks out. I quickly turn my attention to him as if he told the world is flat. His eyes boringly stares with my eyes. Did I hear that correctly? Oh. My. God. My ex-boyfriend just missed me. But he's the one that broke up with me. Should I admit that I miss him too... 'Cause to be honest, I miss him too.

"I, I miss you too." I replied while looking at him, waiting for his reaction. He smiled at me and took a tiny step towards me. I giggled at his childishness. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Without thinking, I put my head on his shoulders. I kinda feel homed. I miss his warmth, his care, everything about him. But sadly, we broke up. I looked at the numbers going up on top of the elevator door. I broke the embrace.

"I guessed this is a goodbye. See you next time, if we can." I said. He brings me closer to him and hugged me tight, not wanting to let go. I heard him whispered in my ear.

"I still love you." I pulled away and looked at him. I don't know why but there's a tear rolling down on my cheek. He wiped it away with his thumb and kissed my cheek. I feel myself melted to his kiss. He then stared at me for the very last time. Our face are really close. Suddenly, he brings his face closer to mine. I couldn't move to stop him from kissing me. I just closed my eyes and waited for him, instead of breaking it.

"DING!" The elevator door opens. I quickly pulled away from him. Both of us were greeted by Chris. He was fully-clothed, ready for work. But what caught my attention is two big baggage he's carrying. I cleared my throat and went out from the elevator, pretends nothing happened. I looked at Chris. His hands were balled up into fists. His jaw clenched and his eyebrows furrowed. He glared angrily at James. I guessed he saw the whole 'almost kissing thingy' happened. I then turned my attention to James. He smiled at me and pressed the button to go to the lobby. I shamelessly waved at him. Surprisingly, he waved back before the elevator door fully closed.

"Hi." I greeted Chris while walking towards the penthouse, trying to be friendly. But it's not friendly enough. He gripped my wrist tightly and pulled me inside. His grip was really right that I begged him to let go of me. He stared at me with his darkened eyes for a second. He then let go of his grip by pushing me. I try to balance myself but I failed. I stumbled myself to the ground and ended up falling ,butt first, to the ground. Chris doesn't even bother to help me up as he's so frustrated. By the time I help myself up, I turned his back to face me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? First thing I came back, you hurt me." I bellowed at him.

"It's all your fault. My reputation drops because of you and your stupid ex-boyfriend." He talks back. What is he talking about? What does he mean by I'm the one that causes his reputation? I looked at him with confusion.

"Don't give me that fucking look, Melissa. The paparazzi and the medias want to know whether my wife is a whore or not. Now, your smooching picture between you two are now on the news, the magazines and the newspapers. So from now on, you're going to be a full-time housewife." I could sense that my face turned pale with fright. I just rooted to the ground; paralyzed with fear. Did he really meant everything he said? How about school? I need to at least go to college with my friends. How about graduation prom night? This is so unfair.

Before I could fight back, Chris stick out a finger, signaling me to save it. He then looked at his watch. He picks up his suitcases and went out. I follow him, too curious why he brings his baggages.

"Where are you going?" I asked softly. I was still scared after Chris' outburst.

"London. I have a job there." He bluntly answered me, not even bothering to look at me. Is he going to leave me alone? Why doesn't he tell me about this?

"You're just gonna leave me alone?"

"No. I called some bodyguards to protect you when I'm gone."

"How long will you be gone?"

"A month." I hitched my breath. A month? He's going to leave me alone for a month!

"Please don't go." I managed to voice out. He turned around and face me. His eyes softened. He then come closer to me and kissed my forehead, before going into the elevator.

"Don't worry, Mel. There's some bodyguards to protect you. By the way, I'm late for my flight. Goodbye, Melissa." Oh no. He's leaving. I wanted to beg him so that he will be by my side, but I guessed I have to give him some freedom once in a while. I took a deep breath.

"Have a safe flight." I faked a smile and waved at him. He gave me a nod and the elevator door is fully closed. I really need to let go my tears that I've been holding since our little fight. I ran up and went straight into our bedroom.

Once I open the bedroom door, my eyes automatically widened. Holy cow! What does Chris did to himself for one night? Broken glass bottles. Used cigarettes. Torn papers. They are everywhere. I have no choice but to start cleaning all the mess he caused. I went downstairs to take the cleaning appliances. Once I got it at the store room, I slowly carried the things all at once. There is also a spillage of soap and Clorox when I bring the things up. I don't bother it that much and put the cleaning of the spillage to the last.

When I reached our bedroom, I threw the cleaning appliances to the floor. I start the cleaning by picking up the litters on the floor. I slowly picked it up as I don't want to get a cut from the broken bottles. Suddenly, something caught my eye - a page from a magazine being balled up. I took the paper and unwrapped it. It's a picture of me and James kissing. I guessed this is what Chris has been talking about. I quickly throw the paper and start cleaning again, getting rid the memories I made with James.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I quickly stopped the work and went downstairs. I try to be careful when I'm at the staircase due to the spillage I caused. I hold onto the handle and went down. There's another ring from the doorbell. Not wanting the person outside waiting, I quickly ran down on the remaining steps. Out of the sudden, I didn't realized that there's a massive spillage of soap at the very last step. I stepped on it and slipped, making me fall hard on the floor. After I fell, I feel a massive pain on my stomach. I yelped out in pain, clenching my stomach tightly. Then I could feel something dripping down my legs. Oh no... Blood. I'm losing it a lot too. What's happening?

My vision also started to fade. I could hear the door was busted open. Two muscular guys came by my side, asking me whether I'm alright. I looked at them. I blinked my eyes multiple times but it's still the same, blur. Their voices also started to become softer. From there, I know that I passed out.

*Chris' POV*

"God damnit!" I swore while slamming my hands on the table. So far, today's activities went down the hill. Firstly, the flight attendant wrongly put one of my baggage to another airplane. Secondly, the paparazzi and medias keep on surrounding me asking whether Melissa is cheating on me or not. Thirdly, my client fall sick and couldn't make it today. Lastly, I lost all my documents because of the misplaced baggage. And because of that, I must write everything all over again.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID - Steven. He is one of the bodyguards to take good car of Melissa while I was away for one month. Actually, I feel bad after I scolded her for kissing James. I know that they just broke up and missed each other but that doesn't mean you can kiss your ex. I mean... You have a husband, girl. Well, she deserved the scolding anyway for kinda two-timing me.

I answered with a formal greeting. But then, Steven starts to talk to me with full of panic and anxiety.

"Sir, can you come back home now? There's an emergency going on," demanded Steven. I could sense pressure and worry when he said that. I decided to stop work and focus what's the situation that makes Steven panic.

"What's going on over there? Is Melissa safe and sound?" I asked.

"Well, Melissa's now in the hospital. And the doctor have something to discuss something bad with you." My body tensed up when he said that Melissa is in the hospital. I couldn't even move every muscle. I just sat there, feeling depressed and also, guilt. I took a deep breath and replied Steven that I will be there soon.

I quickly hung up and then call my personal pilot to bring down my private jet. I quickly took my belongings and went straight to my car, driving away to the airport.

•A FEW HOURS LATER•

It took a very long while to reach New York. In the private jet, I keep on thinking what's the bad news. Is it really that bad until I have to stopped my job halfway and come back home? Lot of predictions are in my mind right now. I hope both of my loved ones are okay.

By the time I reached the airport, I quickly hailed a cab and told the taxi driver to drive me to the hospital. I pulled out my phone from my blazer pocket and start texting Steven letting him know that I'm on my way. It took a few minutes to reach the hospital. I quickly pay the driver and told him to keep the change. I then opened the door and went straight into the entrance.

"Erm, where's Melissa Cortes' ward?" I asked the receptionist. She told me to give her a minute to check which ward she's in. I never felt so impatient when I'm in the hospital. Normally I try to calm myself down but this time, I couldn't I kept on feeling there's something wrong.

The receptionist got Melissa's ward number and told me where it is. I thanked her and rushed to the staircase, not even bothering to wait for the elevator. By the end of climbing the stairs, I started to pant heavily. I did all this for Melissa's sake. When I arrived outside Melissa's ward, Steven and the another bodyguard, Pablo, gave me a saddened look. Okay, seriously... What's happening? I twisted the door knob and pushed it open.

There she is. Laying on the bed, unconscious. Her heartbeat was kinda different. It didn't beat properly. There's also a head doctor checking on her condition. Oh no, is there something wrong with her condition? What does she do to make herself so pressured?

The doctor stopped writing on his clipboard. He put his pen on his pocket and walked towards me. That look. That regretful look. Something is definitely wrong. I couldn't save it anymore. I blurted out every questions that stuck on my mind.

"What happened doc? Why you gave me that unusual look? Something bad happened?"

The doctor just sighed and gave a pat on my back. He swallowed a gulp and then started explaining the bad thing happened.

"Mr. Cortes, we tried our best but your child... Couldn't make it. I'm sorry." That sentence - '...your child couldn't make it'. It shattered me. I leaned my back against the wall. I then slide down my back and hugged my knees. No. No, this is a dream, right? He's joking! That child is my life. I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks and dropped on my arms, giving me goose bumps. I don't even bothered to wipe it away.

It's because this shows that I love my child so much.

--------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! First of all, I wanna say thank you so much because there's over a thousand people reading this book! OMG. This's seriously the best thing ever. Haha! So anyways, make sure vote, comment and follow me :)

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

52.5K 3.7K 96
Second place winner in the Teenfiction category, Eternity Awards. #3 Highschool #1 Lovetriangle #30 Romance - 31/12/2020 #33 Teenlove #1 Billionaires...
8.8K 388 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
461K 13.3K 36
Have you ever heard of being hired because you were honest? Well, this is a first! Emma: a proud, sarcastic but honest girl who gets hired because s...
3.3M 97.3K 40
"CONNER LET GO OF ME STUPID JERK FACE!" " ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW ARIEL I SAID I FUCKING LOVE YOU!" "LET GO CONNER I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO LOVE ME " "W...