An Assassin's Rose: Teen Tita...

Egyptiandragon

Because of a little stunt both Ruby and Damian pulled when the Legion of Doom attacked the Justice League, th... Еще

Chapter 1: Summer Break
Chapter 2: Another Day in Gotham
Chapter 3: Actions have Consequences
Chapter 4: Wayne Gala
Chapter 5: A Women's Wrath
Chapter 6: A Sister's Advice
Chapter 7: The Legion of Doom
Chapter 8: The Teen Titans
Chapter 10: Demonic Superman
Chapter 11: Fun
Chapter 12: Titans Go
Chapter 13: Raven's Story
Chapter 14: Titans vs Justice League
Chapter 15: Hell on Earth
Chapter 16: Strength
Chapter 17: The Aftermath

Chapter 9: Suspicious Behavior

1.5K 42 1
Egyptiandragon

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice Batman was looking over old footage of the night before to see what exactly happened to the Wizard.

"I knew you'd be working here all night. Thought you might be hungry" Cyborg said walking over with a pizza box.

"No, thanks." Batman replied.

"Suit yourself." Cyborg said and takes a slice.

"Where does all that food go if you don't have a stomach?" the Dark Knight asked curious.

"You don't want to know."

He looks at the screen curiously "What are you up to?" he asked.

"I've been combing through from every camera on the grid." The Dark Knight explained.

"And?"

"There's something odd. Dark spots, they're hard to make out." He explained.

Walking over to the computer Cyborg made a cord extended from his knuckles and slammed it into a slot and said, "Activate quadrant pixel enhancement."

And just like that the cameras became clearer.

Cyborg looks at the Dark Knight smugly.

"Showoff." Batman stated.

They looked through the footage when they came across a strange shadow that was hiding behind a pillar. "What is that? A Shadow?" Cyborg questioned.

"No, the sun direction is wrong. Look here, it's disconnected from the surface." Batman said pointing at it.

"It's mimicking a shadow. It has intelligence. It's wandering, like it's looking for something. Or someone." He explained.

"There's where Weather Wizard ran into it." Cyborg stated.

"More like stepped in it." Batman stated.

"You don't think it was after him?"

Batman narrows his eyes "No. I don't"

Meanwhile in Metropolis, Diana and Clark had finished their movie theater date and were now walking through the streets as Diana talks about the movie. "Don't get me wrong, I love catching up on popular culture, but the harsh language was entirely necessary." Diana stated.

"And the female lead seemed to only be present in order to be rescued by the leading man. But all in all, I found myself reasonably diverted." The Amazonian woman proclaimed.

But when she finished talking, she noticed that Clark was not even paying attention to her and was instead looking through a display window his glasses off.

"Clark?" Diana questioned.

But the Man of Steel did not hear what she said as he started to see flashes of a dark void before his eyes and a distorted voice saying. "Trigon lives."

And with that his eyes turned completely black for a second before he snapped out of it.

"Are you alright?" Diana asked.

Clark groans and covers his face with his hand to catch his bearings for a moment before saying. "Sorry, it's just...I've got a lot on my mind right now." he stated.

Diana lightly frowns at that and was wondering what was troubling him.

"You can always share your burdens with me, Clark." She and grasp his hand.

Clark looks down at it before glaring at the Amazonian with disgust, "Ugh, stay away from me." He proclaimed and ran away.

Diana looked at Clark in shock that he said that and was a little hurt.

But at the same time, she couldn't help but feel that there's something more too his strange behavior than that.

Back at the Titan tower...
Right now Ruby is on Damian's bed trying to read her book in peace, but it was hard when Damian was practicing with his sword to clear his mind.

"Damian give it a rest. It's 9: 40." Ruby stated.

Damian growled and throws his sword at the wall behind him.

A yelp from Beast Boy could be heard, "Hey! What is wrong with you?" the shapeshifter exclaimed as he bangs on the wall.

"That is very dangerous. You could put out an eye with that thing. Didn't your mother tell you never to play with knives?"

Ruby scoffs in amusement at that statement. "No, she didn't. In fact, she actually taught him over a hundred different ways that you can shank someone with them!" she exclaimed.

There was silence for 10 seconds before Beast boy exclaimed, "SAY WHAT?!"

She then noticed Damian was looking at something outside the window.

Getting up she walks over to him and saw a small light coming from the ground.

They both looked at each other for a few seconds before they turned around and left their rooms to check it out.

Meanwhile outside, Raven was meditating with some incense sticks "By the powers of Azarath, I beseech you. Mother spirit of the nether realm protect my brothers and sisters. And give me strength to face the dark force I fear is coming."

Coming out of the bushes, both Damian and Ruby were incased in a green and red aura respectively.

Ruby looked down at herself in shock, she never activated her Aura...could have it been Raven?

Her skin started to crawl at that creepy thought, sure she finds Raven's powers fascinating but forcing someone's aura to activate or even tampering with it not only felt weird but very suspicious on the reason why she would even do that.

Damian walks over and moves to in front of her "I suppose I should thank you for healing Ruby." He proclaimed.

Walking over Ruby smiled at the witch. "I feel the same."

Raven looks up at them, "Um, you're welcome."

"But I got to admit, it was strange having someone in my head. And I am curious to know if you saw my entire life" She said curiously, but her eyes were looking at her in suspicion.

And Raven could see that the young Huntress was not far so happy with that.

"I'm an empath, and if it makes you feel any better, I didn't see it as much as felt it. And I've been trying to shake it off ever since."

Damian then said, "Then you know we're not meant to be here at this stupid school. We were groomed for a higher calling. My grandfathers—"

Raven cuts him off and said, "I know all about your grandfather. I felt him. He was a demon. And believe me, I know my demons."

Ruby raised an eyebrow at that, what does that even mean?

"He was a great man. We were going to make the world stronger, better. We were going to rule it together and Ruby would be right by my side." Damian stated.

"I know all about that game, too. Now, I don't mean to be rude, but would you mind getting the hell away from me?" she asked as she goes back to meditating.

"You know, when you were in Ruby's head, she said she could see things about you too." Damian stated.

That peaked Raven's interest "Like what?" she questioned.

Ruby thinks about it for a second "I saw a man, but there was something more about him. And by that, I mean Inhuman." She proclaimed.

"Who or what was that?" she questioned.

"It was nothing, a nightmare." Raven said trying to dodge the question.

Ruby narrows her eyes at her, "You're lying. I could tell that it was real."

Having enough Raven stands up "It's none of your business. Who are you to judge my life?" she opens a portal "You have other things to fix here. Just stay away from me, okay?"

She then goes through the portal and it closed right behind her.

Ruby hums at that. "She seems nice and all. But she's definitely hiding something." She stated.

"Agreed."

"But she's right about one thing." She stated.

Damian looks at her curiously "You do have other things to fix. Like apologizing for example." She stated.

The former assassin gets the message and walks back to the Tower to find Jaime and Starfire.

As they searched for them, they heard something crashed, "Can you please do that anywhere else?" Jaime asked.

"Jaime" Damian said standing at the door with Ruby.

"Yeah?" the Blue Beetle said curiously.

"Perhaps it was a mistake to challenge you this morning without knowing the full capacity of your alien attachment. I promise you; it won't happen again."

"But if that thing injures Ruby again. I promise no matter how far it's willing to go to defend you both, nothing stop me from removing it from your spine and putting it to sleep for good." He added and walk away.

"Did he just say he's sorry?" Jaime questioned.

"Aw, see. He likes you." Beast Boy said smiling.

Ruby shrugs her shoulders "Hard to tell. But one thing you should know about Damian, is that he does not know how to simply say the two words 'I'm sorry'. But in a way it makes it sincerer."

"Yeah, um...I'm sorry about what happened." Jamie apologized.

Ruby smiles "It's fine. I know you didn't mean to hurt me." She stated.

She waves goodbye and goes to catch up to Damian but soon realized that he left without her.

"Really? He didn't even wait?" she sighed and walks to Starfire's room to see if he's there.

"What are you doing in my room?" Starfire's voice asked.

Ruby groaned knowing that Damian is causing trouble again and walks towards the door and poked her head out.

"We have rules, Damian." Starfire stated.

She walks over and closed her laptop "You never trespass another person's space."

Ruby scoffs getting their attention, the huntress leans against the door frame with her arms crossed.

"Trespassing into another person's space is something that Batman does on a daily basis. Besides, this little demon hacked into NORAD before, so that statement is a lost cause."

Damian smirks "Thank you, for telling her that."

"Also. You have nothing on her. No background, no history." He stated.

Starfire looks at Damian in confusion, "On who?"

"Raven. You're the leader of this group. You should know everything about her. It's called 'vetting'." Damian replied.

"She's 17. No mother, no father. She grew up in a hostile realm, not unlike my own planet. And she escaped, like I did. We didn't know anything about Raven when we took her in. Except that she needed a home." She explained.

"A place to grow." She added.

Damian stands up "I was taught that knowledge was power, and you know nothing about her."

Starfire crosses her arms a little ticked off at his attitude.

"How much do you have to know when people are in need. Garfield was 11 when his genetics kicked in and gave him green skin and powers. We still don't know the purpose of Jaime's alien armor or all of its abilities. We just knew they needed help."

"You have to have a little faith sometimes."

"Faith is belief based on an absence of data. It invites disaster." Damian declared and walks towards the door.

Ruby clears her throat and gives him a stern look.

Stopping him in his tracks and sighed. "Also, it was wrong for me to disrespect you like that during training. It was wrong to judge you without knowing the reason why you never returned to your planet. Since you are the leader, I will try to listen to you for now on. I promise you; it won't happen again."

"Better." Ruby stated proudly as Damian and her left.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

36K 826 22
[Book 1] Inspired by tenirockz's Justice League vs Teen Titans 2. Let's just say the Titan's are in for a huge surprise.
710 37 15
A crossover Au of Teen Titans and Bendy and the Ink machine. Join Penn and Bendy as they save the city with the Teen Titans. There will be action, a...
42.4K 932 16
4 years before the events of RWBY, Ruby is attacked by Jasper Tulip, a member of a family that have been enemies to the Rose family for centuries and...
30.2K 970 43
After unlocking his semblance, it was decided that Damian would be sent to Remnant in order to control his new found abilities but during a night out...