Dreams of Eden (Ace of Queens...

Por marcyswales17

When Alec Radacovick becomes the head Queen's guard he feels as if he is on top of the world. For once, every... Mais

CH.1 Birthday Wish
CH.2 The Heywood
CH.3 Good Luck Cookies
CH.4 Sing Along
CH.5 Sunbathing
Ch.6 Sunflowers
CH.7 Strawberry Frappe
CH.8 Keeper
CH.9 Vessel
CH.10 Family Secrets
CH.12 Three days and three nights
CH.13 Meet me at Midnight
CH.14 Bring me the moon
CH.15 Sleeping Beauty
CH.16 The other woman
CH.17 Posey's Crimes
CH.18 Hands to myself
CH.19 Stolen kisses
CH.20 One of a kind
CH.21 Professor
CH.22 Hold your peace
CH.23 Life of Pi
CH.24 Under the stars
CH.25 Through the looking glass
CH.26 Empty promises
CH.27 A Prince & His Princess
CH.28 Nothing but the truth
CH.29 As you wish
CH.30 Garden of Eden
CH.31 Restoring the balance
CH.32 Remember me
CH.33 Mother
CH.34 Arden
CH.35 Fruit of the dead
CH.36 Marked
CH.37 Take me home
CH.38 The Sun
Epilogue

CH.11 Sunshine

11K 822 539
Por marcyswales17

Chapter 11

Once Eden declared Ivan was gone, Mavi and Owen rushed out with Clare. They needed to find Caspian as soon as possible. For the first time, they had a sense of direction on where to look. Alec watched them leave as he sank into one of the empty chairs.

With just the two of them in the room, the air between the werewolf and the witch grew quiet as the door closed with a bang. Eden placed her chin on her knee and stared at the ground. Alec watched her silently, not knowing what to say or ask.

With Mavi and Owen gone, the scent of pomegranate and peaches intensified in the room. Alec found himself lean in a bit closer as his wolf sniffed the sweet air.

From the corner of her eyes, Eden watched Alec shift in his seat. She felt the tingles on her skin jump up as he leaned a little closer. When she lifted her head and looked over at him, Alec immediately moved back and cleared his throat.

"Do....do you see any of them now?" Alec asked looking around the room.

"No," Eden sighed.

"Have you always seen them?"

Eden nodded.

"That day, at the funeral...." Alec remembered how he had screamed at her for playing music.

Eden took a deep breath as she stared straight ahead, "Funerals are the worse.....they're attracted to death."

Alec's heart sank at how tired and defeated Eden's voice sounded. He wished he could go back and redo the whole day.

"Do they hurt you?" Alec asked as the thought started to anger him. He waited for Eden to answer as his eyes watched her look down at her forearms.

She slowly showed him her bandaged arms. Alec bit down on his jaw as he remembered the blood surfacing on her skin the night before. The long cuts down her pale skin as if someone or something had dug their nails into her.....

Once Eden showed him her arms, she pulled the neck of her sweater down and revealed the nail marks on her collarbones. Alec stilled as his eyes scanned her.

Next were the little healed scars on her back of Eden's neck. Followed by the others down her legs.

By the time the tour finished, Alec and Eden were standing inches apart. More than anything, he wanted to pull her into his arms and do whatever he could to keep her safe. The look in her eyes would no doubt give him nightmares for years to come. It was the look of someone who accepted whatever happened after a long losing battle. Some invisible corner in Alec's heart that suddenly took over began to beat with rage.

"How?" He asked, his voice a whisper.

Eden lifted her lashes and looked into his green eyes, "When I don't do what they want.....they...."

She didn't have to finish.

Alec's hands balled into fists as the muscles in his jaw tensed. Eden dropped her gaze and looked down at her cold fingers.

"You didn't trip that day in front of the bar, did you?" Alec asked after a pause.

Eden shook her head.

"My first night at dinner," Alec said. "When you had that cut on your forehead....."

"One of them....." Eden took a deep breath before she sighed. "They threw the vase at me."

Alec shut his eyes to keep his body from trembling with rage. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt so angry.

Why had no one helped her all this time, he wondered. She's been shouldering this whole war all on her own.

A few seconds past as Alec took long deep breaths to calm himself. He felt the cold radiate off Eden's body next to him as they leaned in and out from each other. When he opened his eyes, they landed on the thin white scar on Eden's forehead.

Unable to stop himself, Alec reached out and traced his finger over the scar.

As soon as their skin collided, Eden gasped. Alec looked down into her eyes and became breathless as he saw the way her pupils had dilated. He wasn't the only one that felt the electricity run through his body.

Alec watched Eden's full lips part as he waited for his wolf to make a declaration. This all had to mean something. The scent, the tingles, and now the sparks.....

Come on, Alec found himself urging his wolf. He needed to hear that one simple word. His heart raced at the possibility.

Could it really be? Did the potion work?

Was it Eden......

As Alec bit his tongue and waited for his wolf to speak, the door to the open swung open. Alec jumped back instantly as Jackson entered the room with a handful of sunflowers.

"Dad?" Eden took a step towards him.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray," Jackson sang gently as he presented Eden with the flowers.

"Thank you," Eden laughed as he brought the flower flower to her chest.

"You're mother loved that song," Jackson said as he kissed his daughter's forehead. He then turned to Alec and greeted him with a handshake.

"Did you know about the spirits?" Alec asked, unable to stop the words from coming out. He was surprised by the sense of anger he felt at the man. Why didn't he try to help his daughter all this time?

Jackson fidgeted with the sleeves of his shirt as he avoided looking at Alec. Eden sensed Alec's frustration and her father's discomfort. Jackson was never a people person. He preferred to be alone with books. His social anxiety was crippling.

As Eden watched her father, her irritation with Alec grew. How dare he question him? She glared at him as she took her father's hand into her's and soothed him.

"I....I didn't know it was ghosts," Jackson admitted. "My mother said it was her magic. She said once she had a control of things, it would get better."

Alec didn't know what to say, partly because Eden looked as if she might snap at him if he spoke another word to her father. He watched Jackson turnt o his daughter and take her narrow face into his hand.

"I'm sorry, mon cherie," Jackson said.

Eden placed a hand over his and kissed her father's cheek, "You never have to apologize."

Alec watched as Eden turned her back towards him and walked Jackson over to a chair. She sat her flowers down on the bed and began to untie the bundle.

After a few seconds, Alec looked around and made up his mind to give Jackson some alone time with his daughter. As he moved closer to the door, Eden's voice stopped him.

"Alec," she called out, making his wolf perk up it's ears.

"Yes?" Alec asked as he watched Eden walk up to him by the door. She held two sunflowers in her hand.

"One is for you," she said, handing him a flower. "And the other one is for Clare."

"Thank you," Alec said as he took the flowers from her.

As he walked back to his office, he twirled the two sunflowers as he felt himself smile. When he turned the corner, his eyes landed on Grace.

"Hello, baby," Grace looked up from her phone. "Sunflowers?"

Alec followed her eyes to the flowers in his hand.

"Yeah.....they're for Clare." Alec lied.

"You too sweet," Grace leaned forward and kissed him quickly.

"Going somewhere?" Alec asked, seeing her purse.

"Yes," Grace nodded with a smile. "I have a meeting at the Armory."

"With who?"

"Just some of the professors," Grace waved her hand. "You know I'm part of the event committee. We're just going over some things for the fall."

"I'll come with you." Alec said. "I have to pick up the curriculum too."

"No, baby," Grace laughed. "You have lots to do here. I'll pick it up for you."

"The work can wait."

"No, it can't." Grace said as she sidestepped him and headed for the door. "I need those files signed and you have to call all those people on the list I gave you yesterday."

"Fine, have it your way," Alec laughed.

"That's the way I like it," Grace gave him a wink before she disappeared around the corner.

For the rest of the afternoon, Alec signed off on all the files Grace had left for him, called various packs, and even attended a few of the training sessions for the guards to give pointers and tips.

But no matter what he did the whole day to keep himself busy, an idea poked his brain like a needle in his socks. He would shake it away every time it popped into his brian and force his attention back on the task at hand, but it wouldn't be long until he found himself wondering the same question again.

Was Eden.....was she his.....

The idea was so unsettling, he couldn't even complete the thought to himself. Every time the question popped into his mind, he felt his chest tighten and his breathing stop.

He gave up the idea of finding a mate years ago. Then when Owen had found Mavi, there was a little part in Alec that hoped maybe it would be possible for him too somehow.

In the beginning, Alec would never admit out aloud, but he was a bit excited to try the potions Adam and Gemma made. But the years of failure and disappointment washed away any hope that may have resurfaced.

It was only natural for him to now be reluctant about Eden. He had gone through too many failed attempts at finding a mate to get his hopes up now.

But the image of the brown eyed girl would not leave him alone.

As Alec sat at his desk marking up a contract, his eyes fell on the sunflowers.

The yellow goes with the green of your eyes.

Alec's hands froze as he heard Eden's words in his mind. He reached over and took one of the fallen petals and twirled it between his fingers with a smile. As he did so, he checked his watch and realized it was probably a good time to go find Clare.

Picking up the prettier flower, Alec turned the lights off in his office and headed out to find the little girl.

As he neared the family room, he found Owen standing outside, peaking in.

"What are you doing?" Alec asked.

"Shhh," Owen laughed. He pointed towards the parted doors and stepped aside for Alec to see.

Inside, Alec spotted Maksim with his toy gold crown on his head and a red cape tied around his neck. Clare stood beside him dressed in a purple tutu.

"They're telling Eden how Mavi and I met," Owen told Alec.

"What?" Alec chuckled as he pushed the door open slightly.

The two brothers peaked in as Maksim adjusted his crown and pulled out his plastic sword. Alec spotted Eden sitting in front of them cross legged on the floor. A huge smile played on her face as her cheeks flushed red from how much she was laughing. Alec stilled instantly.

"And then," Maksim said breathlessly. "Grandpa was like NO! Radacovick, stay away from my daughter! I will fight you and lock you up in the dungeon!"

"And mommy was like," Clare jumped in. "NOOOOOO!!! Daddy, I LOVE him! I love him more than chocolate cake."

Maksim looked at his little sister and frowned. "Mom didn't say that."

"Why do you get to tell the whole story, that's not fair!"

"What happened next?" Eden asked to distract them for their conflict.

"Oh right!" Maksim turned back to her. "Then dad went to mom and he said Mavi, I love you. But I don't love you. Stay away! But always think of me."

"And mommy got really angry and she yelled at daddy with her angry voice," Clare said slowly.

"Mom said, I never want to see you again, Owen Radacovick! Be gone!" Maksim waved his sword in the air.

"Oh my," Eden gasped.

"And then mommy drowned." Clare declared.

"No! Clare! That happened after mom saved dad from the evil Queen Tara." Maksim frowned as his sister ruined his storytelling.

"Evil queen?" Eden asked in surprise. "Tell me about that."

"I think that's enough story telling for one day," Owen laughed as he walked into the room. Alec felt the disappointment Maksim showed on his face.

"I hope you know, most of that isn't true," Owen said to Eden as she rose from the floor.

"Darn it," Eden laughed. "I was really into it."

"Is that for me?" Clare's shrill filled the room as she ran towards Alec.

"Yes, baby doll," Alec laughed as he swung her up into his arms. "Here you go."

"Thank you, Uncle Alec," Clare said as she took the sunflower from him.

"Actually you have to thank your princess," Alec said as he looked at Eden. "It's from her."

"Her name is sunshine," Clare said as she waved the flower in front of her face.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine," Clare sang as Eden looked at Alec.

"Why don't you go ask Adel to help you find a vase for your flower, baby." Owen plucked Clare from Alec's arms and sat her down on her feet. "Remember, flowers need water."

"Okay, daddy," Clare said as she dashed out of the room.

"Wait for me!" Maksim hollered as he followed her out of the room.

"What did Caspian say?" Alec turned to his brother as soon as the kids were out of the room.

"Well, the information Eden and dad gave us definitely helped," Owen sighed. "Thank you, Eden. You are exactly what we all needed in our life right now."

Eden smiled, "Ivan was right. You are kinder."

Alec narrowed his eyes slightly but chose to ignore the irritation he felt.

"What's the news?" He asked Owen.

"Clare has magic in her blood," Owen said as if he couldn't believe the news himself either. "She has the ability of claircognizance."

Eden giggled, "Clare the claircognizance.....that's funny."

"It is a bit ironic," Owen admitted as he gave a nervous laugh.

"Claircognizance?" Alec asked, confused.

"It's the psychic gift of just knowing things," Eden explained. "She can look at any stranger and just automatically know things about them as if she's known them her whole life."

"Yeah," Owen nodded.

"How did you explain it to her?" Alec asked.

"We didn't," Owen sighed again as he ran a hand through his hair. "We're trying to find the right words."

"She might also be an empath," Eden wondered aloud. "She picks up on everyone's emotions around her."

Owen nodded, "Caspian said it was a possibility."

"She has a bright future ahead of her," Eden touched Owen's arm to reassure him.

Alec's eyes zeroed in on the simple touch as he felt his wolf huff.

"Thank you, Eden," Owen smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Better, I think..." Eden said slowly. "The meds are making me really drowsy."

"What meds?" Alec asked with concern.

"The doctor gave me some medication to help me sleep," Eden turned to look at him. "It's helping with the......others," Eden whispered the last part. "There's a fog in my mind and it's hiding them."

Alec couldn't understand why he didn't like the idea of the medication messing with her mind. Shouldn't he be happy for her? She looked so relaxed and worry free......but then again Eden had always looked like that.

She was a free bird..... a flamboyant soul.

"I almost forgot why I came in here," Owen shook his head and turned to Eden. "Gemma asked to see you."

"Really?" Eden's eyes light up. "Do I look okay? Should I go change?"

"You look beautiful," Alec said without thinking.

Eden was too distracted by the news of Gemma to notice his words. But Owen looked at his brother and raised a brown.

"Why does she want to see me?" Eden asked. "Are we going to do magic together? Oh my god, will I get to see THE LAB? I read about it."

Owen laughed at how amused the girl was. He headed for the door and asked her to follow. Eden hurried after him without as much as a second glance at Alec. She could barely contain her excitement. Her first impression wasn't as good. This was her chance to show Gemma she was serious about doing magic.

Alec followed them out of the room a few feet behind. He was interested in knowing what Gemma had planned. Hopefully it was something that would help Eden with her gift.

But as they neared the doors to the lab, Grace called out to Alec from the other end of the hall.

Alec turned around as Owen held the lab door open for Eden. His eyes moved from his fiance to the witch entering the lab like a child going to the candy shop. When he looked back at Grace he found her waiting for him with one of her perfect brows raised slightly.

"I'll join you in a few minutes," Ale cold Owen as he walked down the hall to Grace.

As he neared her, Grace's started to smile. She jumped into his arms at once and looped her arms around his neck.

"I have a surprise for you," she said kissing him.

"What is it?" Alec asked, looking at her suspiciously.

"Not here," Grace laughed. "Follow me."

Alec let Grace walk him to his office. He took a seat at the edge of his desk as she closed the door behind her and swung her purse onto the empty chair.

"What did you want to tell me?" Alec smiled as he waited.

Grace bit her lip as she walked up to him and once again looped her arms around his neck.

"I'm pregnant," she whispered.  

Yikes...... 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

71.3K 1.5K 28
"I always thought that a mate would be nice but I never really thought much of it, you know? I used to think that it wouldn't change much, just give...
247K 9.9K 40
*PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK THIS BOOK IS TERRIBLE, ONE OF THE FIRST BOOKS IVE WRITTEN ON WATTPAD! I WAS NOT AS EXPERIENCED AS I AM NOW AS THIS WAS...
19.3K 647 47
Highest Ranking #14 in Hunter 4-12-19 #21 in Warlock 10-25-18 #55 in Demon 1-19-19 #431 in Werewolf 4-15-19 Book One "MATE!" He yelled. I stared at...
1.3M 45.7K 42
•••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••• ORIGINALLY 6.2M READS ON WATTPAD! First Unedited Draft. 64% manuscript sample. ••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••...