Back To You [A 10k Fanfiction...

Door imagine_this1014

T has never been the girl to open up, not ever since something that happened at the beginning of the apocalyp... Meer

Character
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 7

137 2 0
Door imagine_this1014

"Is he getting any better?" I asked Warren.

"No, none of them are." She answered.

Days ago we found ourselves by the border of Mexico after we had found another truck. Some crazed chic name La Reina said we would help us but then it turned out that well all had some radioactive disease that is killing us one by one. La Reina has the medicine and cure for the disease but she doesn't want to waste it on us since she didn't know us very well and we just got here. Me, Doc and Warren are the only two in the group who haven't gotten sick from the disease yet but it's only a matter of time before we do. We can't even talk to Doc anymore because La Reina has forced him to become the new leader and take care of everyone who is sick.

"I have a plan." I said to Warren as I looked around to make sure La Reina wasn't listening.

"Is it a stupid one?" Warren asked.

"Define stupid." I said.

"Not smart." She said sarcastically.

"Then yes this plan is very stupid."

She sighed and looked at me.

"How about we just take it." I said.

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Look hear me out." I began. "She's too busy dressing up all the women in here as her personal dolls and she's practically attached herself to Doc, why don't we just go into the medical room and take it."

"Fine but you're gonna half to do it." She said.

"Why me?" I asked.

"I have to keep and eye on the group and your smaller them me. You can get in and get out without anybody noticing you." She explained.

"Fine." I said. "But if I die, and turn into a Z, I'm coming for you first."

She laughed and headed back to check in the group.

I made sure La Reina was occupied with Doc before entering the main building.

I made my ways down the empty halls and to the back of the building where the medical room was.

I looked around to make sure nobody was looking before entering the room.

I quietly closed the door and started rummaging through every drawer and cabinet until I came across for the medicine required to cure the disease.

When I found it there was only one bottle with seven pills. Enough for everyone in the group.

Quietly I closed the cabinets and drawers I had opened and made my way to the door.

When I opened it and stepped out of the medical room a voice asked, "What were you doing in there?"

I jumped, startled, and whipped my head around to see one of La Reina's men standing a few feet away from me, his gun tucked underneath his arm.

"Oh I'm there?" I questioned as I pointed to the room I had just came out of. "Oh yeah um Doc, sent me to get aspirin for the patients. You know they keep complaining about headaches and everything and honestly it gets quite annoying after a while."

What? Its the best excuse I could come up with.

"Did La Reina give you pre mission to enter the medical room?" He asked as he raised his gun a little, not believing my cover story.

"Well I thought since Doc is like the new leader and everything I didn't need to ask for her permission. He is the closest thing to a doctor here now and I think he knows what he's doing." I quickly explained.

"Are you talking back to me?" The man asked as he gripped his gun tighter and took a step towards me.

"No I'm just staring the facts." I replied.

He stared me down for a second before saying, "You're coming with me."

He grabbed my arm harshly and started dragging me away.

I quickly slid my hand down my leg and pulled my knife out of the strap around my calf.

I raised the knife and stabbed it into the guys neck.

He dropped his weapon and and gripped his neck with both hands to try and stop the bleeding but it was too late.

He let out a strangled choke as he fell to the floor.

I quickly kicked up the pills which I had dropped and ran out of the building.

I ran into the tent where the group was and eyed Warren who was talking with Doc.

She ran over and asked, "Did you get the pills?"

"Yeah and we need to go now because I just killed a guy and someone is bound to find his body soon."

Suddenly a screamed rang through the air from inside the main building.

"Scratch that, someone did find the body." I corrected myself.

"Time to go." Warren said.

She ran over to Doc and I gave him the medicine.

"Where's La Reina?" I asked.

"She left but she should be back any minute." Doc answered.

"We need to get everyone to the car."

I said.

"They won't it that far the car is outside of the gates." Warren explained.

I groaned in frustration and said, "Give me the keys."

"What?" She asked.

"The keys to the truck give em to me." I said.

"Kid do you know how to drive." She asked as she pulled the keys out of her pocket and threw them to me.

"No but I think it's about time I learn." I said before running off.

I bolted to the front gates and tried to push them open but it was locked.

I resorted to climbing over the fence before sprinting over to the truck and swinging open the drivers side door.

I pulled myself up into the seat and shut the door.

I slipped the key into the ignition and turned it.

The engine roared as the car started.

"Okay, you can do this just.......go forward." I mumbled to myself.

I put the car in drive and gripped the steering wheel right as I pushed my foot down on the gas.

The car jerked forward as I loosened my foot on the petal a little.

I looked at the gates and realised that they still weren't open.

"Okay we're doing this the hard way." I said to myself.

I gripped the steering wheel tighter as I slammed down on the gas and speeded towards the gates.

I rammed into them and flew forward a little bit from the impact but they didn't open.

I grunted and out the truck in reverse.

I backed up far and put the truck in drive once again.

I speeded towards the gate and when I slammed into it, it flew open.

I ignored all the screams of protest from La Reina's people and came to a stop in front of the tent where the others were.

Warren came out with the others trailing behind her looking like they were about to collapse at any second, other than Doc.

I rolled the window down and yelled, "Get in!"

"Kid you are something else." Doc said as he helped 10k walked.

"Thanks now get in because crazy lady has spotted us and she is not happy."

I responded.

I pointed to the main building where La Reina was storming angrily towards us.

"Get everyone in the bed of the truck." Warren ordered.

Doc got 10k, Addy, Vasquez, and Murphy in the back of the truck and Warren got in the passengers seat.

Seconds later Doc banged on the side of the truck signaling for me to drive.

I stepped on the gas and started speeding back towards the gate.

"I need water!" I heard Doc shout from the back.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Warren search through one of our bags until she found a canteen.

She opened the window to the back and handed Doc the water through there.

I slammed on the brakes when La Reina jumped in front of the car.

Slowly her men gathered and stood behind her.

"Oh you gotta be shitting me." I muttered.

"Exit the truck and no one gets hurt!" La Reina yelled.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Step on it." Warren demanded.

"Are you serious?!" I asked. "I'm all for getting pay banc but running them over seems a little harsh."

"Just do it." She ordered again.

"Alright." I said as I looked back at La Reina and her men.

"On my mark you fire!" La Reina yelled to her men.

"Here we go." I whispered.

"3!" La Reina said as her men raised their guns.

I prepped the gas by tapping on it a few times, revving the truck.

"2!"

"Hold on back their Doc!" I shouted.

"1!"

I slammed on the gas and started speeding towards her.

"Fire!"

Her men started shooting and their bullets ricocheted off the windshield.

Some of them went through but luckily didn't hit us.

Her men moved out of the way in time but La Reina wasn't so lucky.

The side of the hood rammed into her as she tried to move and she flew back.

"Bullseye!" I exclaimed as I headed out of the gates.

Once we were a good couple miles away from La Reina's camp I slowed the truck down to a reasonable pace.

"We should stop and see how the others are doing." Warren instructed.

I nodded and stopped the car. I put it in park before getting out.

I shut my door and walked to the bed of the truck with Warren.

She pulled the tailgate down to find everyone but Doc sleeping.

"We got any pills left for us?" Warren asked.

"Yep. Three exactly." He answered.

He gave each of us a pill and kept one for himself.

We decided to take the pills early so it would kill off the disease before it started to have an effect on us.

"I'll drive from here." Warren said.

"I'll take watch on them." I replied.

We all agreed and Warren got into the drivers seat while Doc got into the passengers seat.

I climbed into the bed of the truck and shut the tailgate.

I leaned over and hit the side of the truck twice signaling for Warren to drive.

Once she did I leaned again the side of the truck next to 10k and set his head on my lap.

I noticed he was breathing weirdly and was moving around a lot.

He could be having a nightmare. I get them too sometimes.

To calm him ran my fingers through his air as I leaned down and whispered relaxing things in his ear. It seemed to work so I kept doing it until he was relaxed.

Eventually I was feeling tired so I made myself comfortable and fell asleep.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

Broken Door kimxnea

Algemene fictie

146K 5.8K 45
"I had never killed nobody before but now I was a killer. I killed my rapist and I didn't feel bad about it at all" -------------- Will she let the p...
12.4K 258 11
Imagine yourself in the zombie-apocalypse. Your camp got overrun by Z's a few days ago. Everyone besides you got killed, including your Mom and Dad...
1M 28.4K 54
One day, Zonnique goes to a wild spring break party. The next day, she wakes up inside of a mental home. Her parents rule her "suicidal", placing her...
391K 12.4K 31
50% dead, 100% screwed. Her story resembles that of a really, really messed up fairy tale. She was locked away by her father when the virus first hit...