A Woman In Hijab

Von fann___004

This is about a girl who is too afraid to come out of her shell . She has gone through something that has put... Mehr

A Fresh Start
A Good Muslim Friend
A SURPRISE
AN AWFUL LUNCH BREAK .
PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
'THE BEGINNING OF THE ISSUE'
SPREADING RUMOURS
THE EYES
THE TRUE LEADER

CAUGHT YOU

18 1 0
Von fann___004

Chapter:9

3rd person's point of view:

"So bad Nawal couldn't come for the voting ." Faridha said to Nusaiba . They both were ascending the stairs to go to their classroom . The girls were very upset . It has been nearly two weeks since the voting was done . The boys were practically owning the sports category . But a few girls like Raheela , Misba , Faridha , Jessie , Tasneem and Nusaiba were able to make it as prime candidates . Nothing was decided yet .

The teachers knew Nusaiba's mother very well and that gave her a plus point . Raheela was very good in sports so she and Mariam were able to make it as candidates only in sports field as vice captains . Jessie was particularly fantastic in her house which made her the candidate to captain and Irfan as the vice captain .

Then in studies alone Irfan , Sania , Shirley and Isaac were able to make it as candidates .

Faridha made it in the communication and literary part.  Tasneem made it as the advisor to the council members .

It was the third week Nawal was absent to school and the days were becoming duller for the girls .

"It feels like a year has been over without Nawal ." Nusaiba said . "Days are running quite slow . And lunch breaks are the longest ."

"I hope she gets better ." Faridha said worried .

"I heard from her mom ." Nusaiba said looking dull.

"Mmm...hmm.."

"She said that she isn't getting any better." Nusaiba said concerned . Her expression showed her sadness .

"She said the same to me."

They reached their classroom . The teacher took attendance . Faridha and Nusaiba sat next to each other .

"Sania was angry ." Faridha continued.

"Why?" Nusaiba asked .

"Irfan bet her in the scores. The teachers said that it's a pain to cut his marks." Faridha said grinning.

"Um...you mean?"

"It's difficult you know." Faridha said and giggled quietly , so that the teacher couldn't hear them talking . It was a quick change of topics .

Zenani mam came inside the class and spoke to the class teacher . The teacher was nodding her head .

"Gals, you have the badge distribution today after your break at 7th period."
Zenani ma'am said and walked out . She was having a straight face all the while she was in the class . The only odd sight was her impossible to miss dark circles .

"After lunch." Faridha corrected after the teacher left .

"It's so funny ." A voice suddenly spoke from front . The 2 alarmed girls looked front and saw a smiling Tasneem .

"What is ?" A girl called Haneesha asked . She is Tasneem's benchmate .

" The way Zenani ma'am says gals instead of girls ." Tasneem said and started giggling .

"What do we do?" Faridha asked . The question caused some tension .

"We'll discuss during lunch ." Nusaiba said looking wary .

"You think Irfan will help us decide ?" Faridha asked .

"What do you expect ? Faridha is asking about Irfan ." Tasneem teased her with humour in her eyes .

"It-it's not what you think . Look , he's great help when it comes to this issue . That's all ." Faridha quickly defended herself with a waver in her voice and a horrified look on her face .

"If you say so ." Haneesha says and turns back to listin to the class .

Tasneem popped up,"I have an idea ."

"Why do we need some idea ?" Faridha asked .

"Because we need to make sure that among so many leaderships Misba doesn't get any . Especially the school prep badge ." Tasneem said .

"Later girls . Listen to class now ." Nusaiba said .

"Bookworm ."

"Party-popper."

The two girls quickly scolded her and turned back to listening to class .

---------------------------

Soon , the break bell rang and the girls came back to the class with wet hands ready to eat their lunch .

"Let's eat in the canteen today ." Tasneem suggested .

"Not a problem if it's okay with Shaheedha and Raheela ." Faridha said .

"Ooh , no worries . I aske them earlier and they're eating with their friends in the next class ." Tasneem said with a smile .

"Let's go to the cafeteria then ." Nusaiba agreed .

"Did you bring egg ?" Faridha asked with bright hopeful eyes .

"Don't know . I don't plan to share today , I'm really hungry ." Nusaiba said .

"You're so selfish sometimes . I'll snatch away from you before lunch ." Faridha silently grumbled .

"How about you bring your own egg next time ." Nusaiba sighed .

"I won't be able to nag you and annoy you for it if I brought it myself ." Faridha laughed loudly and Tasneem joined it .

The girls reached the cafeteria and bought some canned juice . They found an empty table for six and sat down .

"But we know that Misba won't be getting it . Besides , the rumour did do something . I'm sure that Zenani ma'am won't take the risk ." Faridha argued .

Tasneem spoke . "It didn't do anything . That goddamm rumour died after a few days . And besides , if the teacher can include her in the list then even she can make her win . Remember , it's the Princi's plan ."

"Yup." Nusaiba says popping the 'p' . "Besides I would say we must inform the higher authorities regarding it ."

"Tasneem you said that you have some plan ." Faridha asked , her eyes glowing with excitement .

"What?!" both of then asked excited . And finally Tasneem told them the entire plan .

They had a perfect plan within a few minutes and they had to implement it during break . So that the teachers have enough time to make the changes .

The first period after break teacher seemed to be absent . The girls were writing their incomplete works when all of a sudden a student walked to their table and put a hand in front of their desk.

Nusaiba stared blankly at the hand . Then she trailed from hand-to-elbow elbow-to-shoulder shoulder-to-face . She quickly put her head down and asked .
"What do you want ?" Her tone held a frustration sound .

"Do you have a plan ?" The student asked .

"Why'd you care ?" Faridha asked shielding her friend .

"Because I'm a part of it and I'm the only one who gave you the exact and complete theory about it ." The student smirked at them and both of them seemed uncomfortable.

"What do you expect from us ?" Tasneem asked from behind Faridha.

"Keep your voice low ." The teacher yelled at the class .

Tasneem snorted , "I really hate her ."

"Ikr . Now , do you want the game plan Irfan ?" Nusaiba asked .

"I'm just kidding , I won't threaten my friends . I just wanted to be a part of your secret operation ." He said with a smile .

Tasneem and Faridha scoffed at his reaction .

"Zenani mam's gonna cut you half ." They teased him.

"I don't care , I don't want my friends to do this all alone , I'm the one who's supposed to be in trouble anyways ." He said raising his hands .

"Your kindness is killing us Irfan ." The girls giggled .

"Where's Nawal ?" Irfan asked .

"She's was diagnosed with tuberculosis , so she's getting her treatment ." Tasneem spoke with a dejected voice .

"Oh no , and you girls never told me ." Irfan said looking more worried than all the three girls combined .

"You're getting a little too worried for a friend ." Faridha told him .

A blush rose up his throat all the way to this cheeks , his fair skin tinged red . He put his hands behind his back and coughed twice , showing that he was suddenly overcome with shyness .

"I don't know , she's my friend . I'm just worried ." Irfan said with his eyes roaming all over the cafeteria but except them .

"It's alright , we were worried too . We even visited her . She's doing well now ." Nusaiba said .

"I-I see ." And he was back to normal again .

The girls laughed and told him all about it from top to bottom .

"I'll approach my uncle during the break . What do you say ?" He asked .

"Great!!" All the girls said .

It was break as soon as the bell rang . Faridha and Tasneem ran outside to the restroom and washed their hands . In a hurry Tasneem rushed outside the restroom only to dodge Imran in the last minute , but their legs tangled and they both fell down . Imran fell face first on the floor . But Faridha quickly caught Tasneem before she even hit the ground . She looked all embarassed and tried to apologise . He got furious . "I-I'm really sorry. " Tasneem said with fear in her eyes .

"You tiny chipmunk ." He roared .

He was about to slap her but that was exactly when someone caught his hand . That's when all the students gathered . He was recognised as a gang leader , he was very tall and popular. He was good looking and had a soft corner for girls . He stood in between Tasneem and Imran.

"She said , she is sorry." He said . His voice echoed in that silence and all the students looked scared .

"Oh no ! It's my fault ." Tasneem said equally afraid .

"Doesn't mean that he could slap you ." The gang leader said in his high pitched rough voice .

He had a scary face and the crowd looked scared and terrified . He looked like a pow .

"Get out!" He said and Imran ran away .

"You have no reason to gather here." He told to the crowd and quickly even the crowd broke and all the students walked away .

"You okay , girls?"

Faridha and Tasneem nodded .

"Hope you know me . My name is Fakruu Rafi . Just remember me if you are in need ." He sounded like some comic's super hero . Or maybe avengers .
The girls  laughed inside and said aloud together .

"Thanks brother!!!" The girls  said smiling. He was in 12th grade and 2 years older than the girls . He looked confused after what they said . They laughed at his words because he was one of the guys who often searched for Nawal everyday . They ran to their class and had their break .

There was nearly ten minutes before bell . They decided to implement their plan .

Faridha and Tasneem ran to the principal's  room to talk about this to him and see how he reacts  and Nusaiba went to meet and talk to the CEO about the issue . And by the time Irfan could find his uncle and bring them to the CEO office .

They both saw that the corridor which led to the principal's room looked haunted . There wasn't a single staff or teacher.

There was a huge window near that place . They thought of doing some mischief . Then suddenly, a man came and both of them jumped .

"Hey girls , what do you want ?" That attender asked.

"The principal...." Faridha said slowly.

"Ooh the principal eh.... he's not here now . He's on rounds."

"Ooh ohk , thanks." They said to that man and he also told them not to stay there . When they pretended to leave , the man left and the girls stayed .

They quickly ran to the other block where the other students and teachers were present . They found an empty room locked . It was so unusual for that particular room to stay locked although nobody uses it . So they decided to peep inside . Tasneem was impatient. "We need to find the principal."

"Wait , wait . Have sabr." Faridha said .

She peeped through the window and saw the principal talking to Zenani mam . He looked angry and pissed . A sweat broke out of her . She was getting tense and afraid .

"What happened? What did you see?" Tasneem asked slowly. Keeping her voice down and maintaining the voice level. Tasneem looked through the window and felt more terrible than her.

Faridha finally said , " They are fighting ."

It looked like Zenani mam was trying to convince him about something but he kept declining her words . Then suddenly he got fed up and was about to slap her .

They didn't know what to do . But this was the best way to bust Zenani mam. They went to the CEO office . They found Nusaiba trying to persuade him .

"Sir , the principal said that he wants to see you and it's really very urgent." Faridha sounded alarmed and scared . There was a slight fear in her voice . Tasneem turned and stared at her in surprise .

The CEO looked surprised .
"Why did he send students if he wanted to see me ? And it's unusual that he didn't come by himself . Also ,......." He looked at his watch . It was a branded elderly watch . "Why aren't you in your classes ?" He asked .

"He's ........ He's ..... busy ." Tasneem said trying to steady her voice . She gave him a pleasing smile and it almost convinced him .

"And what's it that he's so busy doing ?" CEO asked .

"He's arranging the name list for the elections results ." Faridha quickly covered for her friend .

"Huh , fine . That's an important matter afterall ." The CEO grumbled .

Finally the CEO stood up with great difficulty  . It seemed that his huge stomach limited his movements . He left his seat and walked down the corridor to the principal's office .

They reached the corridor of the unusually locked room.  Tasneem said,

"Sir , he's here ."

"Where?"

" He was here . In this room when he called and told us ." Tasneem lied . Her voice was filled with the feeling of fear of being caught lying .

He was confused first then didn't hesitate and opened the door .

The look of surprise was etched on his face . "Hamza Sir ? What's this ?" There was a look of confusion on his face .
"What are you doing in this abandoned room with the Physical Education teacher ?" The CEO noticed Zenani Mam's split lips and red cheeks with hand prints . It looked like she was slapped repeatedly on both the cheeks .

"Sir , she - she ......." and then he was breaking a sweat and she looked equally tensed and guilty .

"Let's meet in my office during the lunch break sir." He says trying to maintain the casual facade on his face and then turns to Zenani mam . "Get back." And then he leaves . The CEO looked so infuriated , he wanted to do so many things , but he couldn't do anything without knowing what exactly happened .

Zenani mam was about to leave when Tasneem and Faridha closed the door of that small room .

"Spill the beans mam ." Faridha said .

"Respect your teacher ." The CEO says to Faridha and she cringes .

"No , sir . I-I was going to talk to you about this ." Nusaiba says and she speaks . The CEO looked furious . By the time Nusaiba was done Zenani mam looked guilty and pale . She was sweating all over and was losing her nuts . Nusaiba quickly went out to the CEO office to bring Irfan and his uncle .

"Is this true ? Tell me what happened ? And how ?" He exploded . "Don't you feel one bit guilty ?" He asks with anger blinding his eyes . He looked like he was loosing his temper . He was known as a man of calmness and the only authority who knows to control his anger in the entire school  , yet now it seems that this was a situation that was terribly wrong .

Irfan and Nusaiba came with his uncle .

"How did you come to know of this ?" He asked .
They anyway had to tell. So they just opened their mouth and spilled the beans . The CEO was shocked .

"How did this happen without my knowledge?"

"We don't know sir . But this is the truth ." Tasneem said .

"Tell me your names ." The CEO said .

"Ummm.... " The students hesitated .

"What is it ? Don't hesitate ." His curiosity increased .

"You won't give us a detention will you , sir ?" Irfan asked with a guilty expression .

"No , I'll reward you ."

"It doesn't sound the least bit convincing ." Tasneem whispered to Faridha and the others . They all nodded their heads.

"Come on , say it ." The CEO urged them .

"Faridha."

"Nusaiba ."

"Tasneem."

"Irfan."

A relief spreaded through the group . Zenani mam was a mess. She looked horrible. And for further investigation they confided the CEO. He accepted and asked the gang to go to their classes and keep this a secret . They promised by nodding their heads and then the CEO promised to look into it and change the list before the ceremony .

It was a mess when they reached their classroom. The teacher yelled at them for being late and made them stand outside the class . Irfan kept shifting his eyes from the girls to the board inside the class and again to the girls. And from the board to them .

They were very worried .

They sat separately for break . Though most of the students from both the sides kept asking the four of them why they came together .

The girls gave a stupid reason .
"It was a coincidence ." And they quickly ate their lunch and left their classroom and to the ground .

The day was almost over and the the badge distribution ceremony was cancelled.

All the students went to the conference hall and came back quite disappointed .

There were whispers of police coming into the school and going out . The rumours were a sweet treat to the girls .

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

10.1K 664 30
Navi-"Ek aur word bola toh tumhari aakhein noch lungi" (Another words and I will scratch your eyes) ----------------------- Navi-"Us ladki ne dubara...
95.7K 4.9K 38
Aadhya- The Phoenix's Fury. (Previously known as Aadhya- The Life Journey of a Woman.) We can't share all the things with parents, but friends. A f...
1.2K 4 16
"Words that I can't share." She always believed, her presence in someone's life was nothing but a bad sign. "Then comes in me, a girl silently retre...
97.5K 5.5K 67
♛ Desire makes slaves out of kings Patience makes kings out of slaves ♛ ___________ EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO READ THIS STORY. Laila Bakhash strives...