Ashes of Decoding

Izuku_Prince által

Abandoned in a sea of flames, a lone boy watches on as the heroes he once admired brought down their latest v... Több

Prologue
Into the Dark
Into the City
His Story
Revelation
Entrance Exam
UA
Villains at the USJ
Talk About Villains
Upcoming Sports Festival
It's Finally Here

Captured at Last

38 1 1
Izuku_Prince által

Capturing the vigilante was one of Nedzu's top priorities for many reasons. One, it would be taking loo a potential threat or danger off the streets. Two, he'd be able to keep a closer eye on the person responsible. Three, he'd get to verse his chess buddy face to face instead of over a computer, see how he thinks physically. Four, the vigilante was a huge help in solving many crimes and cases that the police department and heroics department thought were too difficult to handle. Five, the vigilante himself wanted to be captured, though, he still wanted to to be active throughout the night as that when most crimes take place. Six, he'd be a great asset in from physical mobility and prowess, as well as intelligence and hacking. There were many more reasons he could come up with as to why the animal principal wanted to capture the vigilante, but then he'd have a list a little over a hundred reasons why, and he didn't feel like writing that much down (though he could).

His typing was interrupted by a knock on the door. It opened, revealing the young detective that has been working with him to capture the vigilante. "Good morning, Nedzu. I'm sure you've heard about the latest sighting of Blank, correct?" Nedzu nodded on confirmation, having heard everything from Shouta who fought side by side with Blank. "He left us a little sample of a, what the villains called, a Noumu. We've run a couple tests on it and have come up with a reason to the mutation that the beast took form of," the detective placed a file on Nedzu's desk, letting the principal skim over everything. "There are multiple quirks, the main ones being shock absorption, regeneration, super strength and speed. There were other minor ones included meant to allow control over the Noumu, as well as give it the capability to move around as it did. We also found that it was a mutation of multiple dead bodies mashed together."

Nedzu hummed in acknowledgement and thought, placing the papers down as he faced Tsukauchi. "Interesting. Have you gotten anymore notice from Blank? He might be a crucial asset in taking down this organisation. I'm sure that this, Noumu creature, isn't going to be the only one we see. The villains behind it have successfully made a weapon meant to withstand All Might, if the shock absorption and super strength is any indication. He might be able to hack into their base and collect some information that could be useful for the next time they decide to strike," Tsukauchi nodded, taking out his phone. "Are you going to email him?"

"Yeah. He's should be able to help us. I mean, he's helped up on multiple occasions without us asking, so I'm sure he'd want to take down this group just as much as we would. It also helps with the fact that they've actually fought this group before. Aizawa said that Blank mentioned the ringleader having a disintegration quirk, though they relied more on the Noumu then themselves. His right hand man has a warp quirk, allowing him to warp to specific locations that he knows of, or has seen. There might be more to his quirk then the information that we have, but we don't have a lot of time to worry about that," he took out another file of papers filled with information on the villains. "The ones we managed to bring in have no physical connections with the organisation, saying that they only came along because the ringleader said that they'd be able to take down All Might. So they aren't exactly helpful."

"We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Until then, why don't we talk about capturing Blank. He's said multiple times that he wants to be captured. We even had a little chat face to face where he told me he was waiting. Oh, and he does indeed have a child with him. She name is Eri. He rescued her during the Shie Hassaikai raid. He must've escaped with her when the police and heroes raided the place. Otherwise, we would've seen at least a glimpse of him and or the girl. He's been protecting her ever since. So, when he is captured, we won't seperate them. He obviously cares deeply for her, and plus. He hasn't really broken the law. No quirk use and his fights are technically in self defence. We can't exactly convict him of anything if he hadn't done anything wrong," Nedzu heard Tsukauchi sigh in defeat at that, nodding solemnly in agreement with that statement. "So. What's you're plan of action, detective?"

~=~=~=~=~=~=~

"Yo Shinsou! I heard about the sports festival coming up. How're you feeling about it? Want some extra training?" Izuku's voice filtered through the phone into Hitoshi's ear, the sound foreign to him as he had never talked over the phone with the vigilante before. "I'm sure I can help strengthen you're punches and stamina. It'll be helpful, if the previous sports festival's are anything to go by. Oh! Do you have any friends? I wouldn't mind helping others out. Also, I don't want you being lonely without me and Eri by your side," the greenette snickered slightly over the line as Hitoshi groaned out a "don't start". "I'm joking, I'm joking. No need to get your panties in a twist. Oh wait," Hitoshi stopped him before he could continue, hearing both Izuku and Eri giggling in the background.

"I don't need you to mother me, Zu. I'm perfectly fine. I would like the extra training sessions though. But why did you have to call me in the middle of lunch? I just want to eat so I don't die of starvation. But now you're interrupting. Any reason as to why besides annoying me?" He heard Izuku's mock gasp of shock. "Don't. But seriously. Is there any reason as to why you decided to call me? I just want to eat my food before it gets cold and I come home to punch you for making me starve for the rest of the day." He looked up to see if anyone was listening, but all he saw was a dual haired boy sitting at a lone table across from him, all alone like he was. He was not ready to hear Izuku say "Uhh, would you hate me if I said I just wanted to annoy you?" He nearly slammed his head into the table right then and there. He groaned in response, hearing Izuku laugh and say goodbye, the line going dead right after.

Hitoshi started at his phone for a moment before he continued to eat his food, slurping up the soba in front of him. It wasn't as good as Izuku made it, but it was a very close second. He pocketed his phone and continued to eat, seeing the dual boy in front of him glancing up at him. They made eye contact for a few moments before Hitoshi decided to speak up. "Hello? Do you need something?" He felt awkward under the boy's gaze, who he finally recognised as Todoroki Shouto from his class. He'd never interacted with the guy, nor was he that interested in him. But, the look Izuku gave him when looking at his student profile had provoked a small curiosity in him. Shouto looked around once before grabbing his food and making his way over to Hitoshi's table, settling down in front of the purplenette. "Again, is there something you want from me?"

Shouto nodded, placing his chopsticks down over the bowl of cold soba. "I want to know about the vigilante, Blank," he started, seeing Hitoshi flinch slightly at the name. "He's been contacting me over some... issues, I guess. I overheard that girl talking with you yesterday, mentioning a connection between you two. Don't bother using your quirk on me. All I want to know is the reason why he's been contacting me over these matters." Shouto's mismatched eyes stared intensely into Hitoshi's, the purplenette taking a nervous gulp as he cycled through thoughts in his brain. Shouto's eyes never left Hitoshi's, narrowing ever so slightly before Hitoshi let out a groan of defeat, slumping over his food.

"I guess someone would've figured it out quickly enough. I already know it's useless to try using my quirk," he glanced back up at the dual boy who continued to stare down at him. "Would you like me to call him so you can talk to him directly?" Shouto nodded, leaning back slightly into the seat as Hitoshi took his phone back out, mentally noting that they had ten minutes left. He pressed on Izuku's contact, name being 'vigilante mum' because of how he acts. The phone rung twice before Izuku picked up, surprise in his voice as he said "hello? What's going on, Shin?" Said purplenette placed the phone on the table, in between both him and Shouto. "Seems I can't hold a secret, huh? Todoroki here wants to talk with you about something. Said something about you contacting him over some issues of whatever."

"You had one job, Shin! C'mon. Just... just let me finish something real quick. Eri's demanding some sweets," the line went silent for a minute, an unreadable expression crossing Shouto's face as he stared down at the phone. "Alright, I'm back. Anyway, what is it you want to talk about, Todoroki? You could've just messaged me and I probably would've come straight to your place. Honestly, I should probably do that soon. It'd help me out on a small case. You don't mind keeping this sweet craving monster happy for a few hours, do you Shin?" A almost inaudible "I already do that on a daily basis" left Hitoshi's lips.

"I want to know why you've been contacting me. You haven't explained a whole lot besides some small issues. I want to know the reason why you're doing this and what you hope to gain from this." Shouto rested his arms on the table, staring down at the phone intensely.

"Ah, that," there was some shuffling on the other side, unrecognisable words being said and the sound of a door closing. "Sorry about that. I just needed to get away from Eri as I say these next words. Endeavour is a fucking asshole bitch who needs to be fucking put six feet under, whether it's by my own two hands or someone else's," Hitoshi and Shouto stared at the phone in surprise, Hiroshi from hearing Izuku swear, and Shouto from hearing what was said about his 'father'. "That bastard has done so much shit in his time alive. Actually, no, scratch that. In the past fucking years he's been a fucking hero. The amount of blood on his hands, the trauma he's induced. It makes me sick to my bones. The reason I've been contacting you is because I want evidence of abuse at home so I can file an actual fucking report on the bastard. He deserves all that's coming to him. And by the end of it, I will make sure that the rest of your family is safe."

Shouto was speechless. He didn't know what to say, or even if his brain and mouth would work for him after all that. Hitoshi was just shocked and surprised. He glanced from the phone up to Shouto, seeing his expression. Hitoshi muttered a "what in the actual fuck..." under his breath, Shouto unable to process everything as his brain short circuited. "You are so letting me in on this. I want in, and I'm gonna help even if it costs me an arm and a leg. So you better give me all the detail later when I get back, you hear me," a mock "I hear ya" was heard in reply as Hitoshi felt a smirk stretch across his face. "From all the shit you've spouted about him, you'd think he'd already be dead," Hitoshi clenched his hands into fists, looking up from the phone towards Shouto who was stunned into silence, not that he talked much anyway. "It's time Endeawhore is our in his place. Just need you to provide the evidence."

Shouto nodded slightly, clearing his throat as his attention switched back down to the phone. "I'll do it. I'll give you as much as you need. I don't want to look at the old man ever again, even if it kills me," Izuku hummed in acknowledgment, an unseeable nod and smile forming. "But, before you go, why do you want to help me? We don't even know each other, let alone ever spoken before. How do you know all this, and why are you helping me?"

A pause followed his question, and he almost thought that the vigilante had hung up, before his voice rung out. "It's because I see myself in you. Shinsou can explain more for me, I'm sure Eri already told him the same after he found out who I was. She likes to do that," he chuckled, though, it held no humour behind it. "But, I want to help people who have been through similar things to me, even if the scale of pain is different between us. I want to stop these kinds of things from happening. I've had enough experience on the streets to know a persons character from their actions and personality, even just a quick glance if I try hard enough. You can easily read people if you put enough practice into it. Both that, and hacking into many, many files confirmed my theory. So, if I can help someone in need, I will. No matter how I have to do it, or how many police and heroes I have to annoy to achieve it. I will help you."

He left with a quick "goodbye", hanging up and letting the phone's screen turn black as his icon left. Hitoshi pocketed the phone, turning his attention back to Shouto. "If you want, I can explain what he meant. I'm sure you'd want to know. Having someone to reach out to, just like he did with me, it's... how do I put it..." He closed his eyes as he thought, brows creasing. He heard Shouto mutter "comforting," under his breath. "That's the word, yeah. It feels comforting. Like, you can break down and they'll be with you the whole way through, helping you, staying by your side, even if you can't see them. It's comforting." Shouto nodded, finishing up the rest of his soba before letting his full attention fall into Hitoshi.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~

"Yo, EraserHead! Fancy seeing you here. What's up?" Said pro hero sighed, exasperated as he faced the vigilante he had been tracking down. Turns out, the teen was sneaking around the Todoroki household for some unknown reason, his phone held out as if recording. "I didn't know you patrolled up here. What would Endeawhore say when he finds out?" The vigilante snickered, yelping slightly as Shouta wrapped his capture gear around Blank tightly, taking the phone in his hands away. The vigilante whined in protest, though, he didn't thrash in the slightest. "Man, c'mon EraserHead. C'mon Shou. I'm trying to stop an abusive parent here," he pouted behind the mask, goggled eyes staring pleadingly up at the pro who had tended up at his statement. "Look. If you let me finish my recordings before it's too late, I'll willingly come with you, deal? No tricks or anything, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die, stab a thousand needles in my e-"

"Alright, enough. I get it," Shouta sighed, already done with the whole situation. He released the vigilante who thanked him before turning back to the window he was peeking through. He started recording again, Shouta standing beside him and peering in also. He nearly exploded in rage, clenching his fists until his nails broke through his skin and blood trickled done the palms of his hands. "What the fuck...?!" He muttered, watching as his student was beaten into the ground again and again, Enji standing over him with a sneer. He said something he couldn't hear before turning and walking off, slamming the doors shut behind him. The duo outside watched as Shouto struggled to push himself up, arms trembling immensely as he pushed himself into a kneeling position. Blank pocketed his phone, unlocking and opening a nearby window and crawling in. "What are you doing?!"

Blank just placed a finger to where his hidden mouth was, glancing at Shouta before climbing in fully. He made his way over to Shouto, crouching down next to him. He muttered a few things that Shouta couldn't make out, but noticed that he turned towards a cupboard. He stood up, walking over and yanking the doors open, taking out a medkit. Shouta took that chance to enter, heading over to Shouto and supporting him. Blank walked back over and motioned for Shouta to remove Shouto's shirt that concealed the bruises and blood - possible internal bleeding also - underneath. Bile rose in Shouta's throat at the damage that was littered across the boy's battered body. Blank got to work, cleaning and patching up the worst of the wounds first across his front and back. He wanted to barge right through the doors in front of them and find Enji to beat him into the ground. Blank felt the exact same as him.

The sliding doors opened, a girl and boy entering. They stopped immediately, but didn't make any noise. Instead, they kneeled down next to the trio and helped patch their brother up. Once he was cleaned of blood and all his wounds were treated, both new and old, they all stood up. Shouto wobbled on his feet, leaning against his brother and sister for support. He nodded his thanks to the hero and vigilante, the trio heading out to rest up. Shouta turned to Blank, sensing the fury through the teen's trembles. "This is why I was recording. Shit like this happening. It happens all the time, yet," he looked down, hoodie shading his hidden face more. "Yet we can't do anything about it. It frustrates me to no end, not being able to do anything as people suffer under abusive assholes like him," he turned to the hero standing next to him. "Let's head to the police station. I need to go their anyway to give this to Nao."

The duo soon left the Todoroki residence, heading through the city by roof to the nearest police station. Instead of leaving his usual notes to annoy the police officers, he entered with Shouta, surprising the officers and receptionist that turned towards the noise. They headed up to the front desk, Blank placing his phone down. "Hey! I need to hand this to Tsukauchi. Also, EraserHead here managed to finally capture me, so, there's that also," the officers were shocked, and rightfully so. Blank had been running about for over half a decade, and had finally be caught by someone who he'd escaped previously. The receptionist quickly called Tsukauchi down, stating that Blank was currently in their station. The detective immediately ran down, skidding to a halt as he rounded the corner and gazed down at Shouta and Blank, the latter waving at him. "Yo, Nao! How's it going? Glad I'm finally out of your hair?"

He sputtered, trying to diffuse the situation, to process it in his short circuiting brain. He cleared his throat, beckoning the both of them down towards his office. They entered and sat down, Blank setting his goggles in his shaded hair, bright emerald eyes staring back at Tsukauchi. "How did you manage to capture him?" His first question was directed at Shouta who sat beside the vigilante. "I mean, he's been avoiding us for years, and you suddenly bring him in. How?"

"When I found Blank here, he was snooping around the Todoroki's house. Said he was trying to record somethin'. I already had my suspicions, but it turns out that Endeavour is an-" he was cut off by Blank who quickly added "abusive asshole". Shouta cleared his throat, nodding with the statement. "Yeah, that. His youngest, my student Todoroki Shouto, was going through a 'training' session," he used quotation marks around the word 'training'. "Blank's recorded it. He's trying to start up an investigation on Endeavour, and i believe it is very much needed," Blank unlocked his phone and slid it across to Tsukauchi, the recording playing. "We need to get the kids out of there. Todoroki's siblings are obviously scared by Endeavour, but are also scared as to what could happen to Todoroki. If we don't get them out of there, who knows what'll happen next."

"Oh!" Blank suddenly piped up, jumping up in his seat as he gained the attention of the hero and detective. "I just remembered. I have a friend who might be willing to let them into his house while the case starts up. I needed to call him anyway to say that I'm here and all, and hopefully not murder me the next time we see each other," he nervously chuckled, the thought of Hitoshi's wrath weighing down on him. "So could I call him quickly? As well as contact Todoroki? I've been trying to get evidence of abuse from him, so that'll also be helpful in this case," Tsukauchi nodded in agreement, tossing Blank his phone so he could call up his friend. The phone rung twice before he heard Hitoshi's tired voice answer it. "Hey! So, you're gonna hate me for this, but, I'm currently sitting in the police station." The line was silent for a few moments as Hitoshi process what was said.

Blank took the phone away from his ear as Hitoshi shouted "are you being serious right now?! How?! You are a god damn idiot!" Blank chuckled lightly, sweat dropping as he brought the phone back to his ear. "Yes, I know I'm an idiot. But, I have a favour to ask," Hitoshi's tired and exasperated "what is it?" filtered through as he groaned. "Remember everything we talked about around lunch time? Yeah, I kinda need you to provide a safe house for Todoroki and his siblings. That alright with you?" All Blank heard was air and static on the other side of the phone, and he was wondering what Hitoshi was doing. "Shin? You there buddy? Did ya die?" A quiet, almost inaudible "I hate you" came through, making the vigilante laugh. "I know you do. But that wasn't a yes or no. So, what do you say?"

"Guess I have no choice," Hitoshi sighed in defeat. "Fine, I'll let them stay here as you beat Endeavour down. Just send them my way and we'll be set."

"Yes! Thanks Shin, you're the best. We'll get them down to you soon, so be prepared." Hitoshi groaned on the other side as he hung up, wanting to just sleep it off. Blank placed his phone back down, looking up at Tsukauchi. "He said he'll help! So, should we hurry back up to their house and grab them? I assure you, I won't be going anywhere. I'll even have Shou here keep one end of his capture weapon tied around me if that makes you feel better." You couldn't see Blank's mouth, but the two others in the room could tell he was smiling cheekily under the mask. Tsukauchi nodded, muttering something under his breath as he held his head. "Thanks Nao! You're the best." Blank jumped to his feet, Shouta following him as they left, much to the confusion of the other officers in the station. "Talk to Nao. He can tell ya everything. We'll be back before you know it!" Blank mock saluted with a wink, hearing out of the station with Shouta by his side.

They backtracked up to the Todoroki household once more, Blank easily finding Shouto's window and knocked on it lightly. A bleary eyed teen opened the window, surprise filling his face once he recognised who was at the window. He opened his mouth to ask, but Blank stopped him, telling him to find his siblings. He complied without question, though he was confused as to what was going to happen. He didn't expect to be told that he and his siblings were going to be leaving the house and laying low elsewhere as an investigation takes place. Shouta wrapped the older two in his capture gear as Blank ushered Shouto onto his back, taking off before anything could happen. Blank led the way towards Hitoshi's house by rooftop, leaping down to the front porch. Shouto climbed off his back as the vigilante knocked on the door, Hitoshi answering and letting the Todoroki's in.

Shouta sent a questioning glance towards the purple haired teen, but said nothing. The duo soon left back for the police station, picking up where they left off. Tsukauchi asked Blank a few questions, getting his name, nonexistent quirk, age, before delving into why he became a vigilante. Izuku had eventually removed the hold and mask that hid his face, answering all the questions honestly as he knew there was no use trying to trick the human lie detector. In the middle of the explanation, the door opened as the principal of UA entered, his ever present smile gleaming up at the trio. They already knew what was happening, and Izuku let out a huge smile as he laughed lightly. Nedzu passed him a letter, uniform, and schedule, sitting down next to Tsukauchi as he clasped his paws together. Izuku stared down at the seal on the letter, smiling at the letters ingrained into it. Welcome to UA, Izuku. Welcome to UA.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

194K 11.9K 21
❝ I usually despise everyone who interferes in my work. But there are these one's who I despise the most. The one's who just won't die. No matter wha...
596 29 15
Abandoned shortly after his birth this is a story about a boy trying to become a Hero, In the face of some who claim he has no potential. This is a s...
105K 3.4K 13
Some love keeping secrets, and some love digging them up. It was not only the hobby of a certain chimera of UA but also Izuku's hobby. However after...
26.1K 1.1K 15
Where there is a secret there is always drama! Izuku Midoriya was a heroes child and he knew it. Not only that but his mother never wanted him. What...