The Potion Master's Apprentice

Von ttiiggeerr

Harry defeats Voldemort in the graveyard and suddenly finds himself with a lot more time to focus on his stud... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 2

16.4K 616 303
Von ttiiggeerr

Harry woke up to a distinct POP coming from the street. He peeked out the window to see it was just Arthur Weasley coming to collect him for the rest of the summer. He scrawled out a quick note to Petunia explaining he'd be staying with a friend for the rest of the summer, grabbed his shrunken school supplies from under the loose floorboard and ran out the door before anyone knew he was gone. He had been practicing wandless magic, something that wasn't commonly taught and therefore wasn't tracked by the ministry, just to ensure that he could get out of his room before his relatives woke up.

"Mr. Weasley, thanks for coming to get me."

"It's no problem at all Harry. Now, hold my arm tight and don't let go." Suddenly a squeezing sensation wrapped around him and he struggled to breath. Before he knew what had happened, his knees were on the ground and he was gasping for air.

"Arthur, did you forget he's never apparated before? Nevermind dear, where are your things?" Harry, not trusting his voice, fished his trunk out of his pocket and held it out in his hand. "Tsk tsk dear, you aren't allowed to do magic out of school."

"I did it on the train Mrs. Weasley. I haven't done magic outside of school." She smiled and resized his trunk for him.

"Well, now that that's settled come to breakfast. We're going to Diagon Alley today so you'll want as much energy as possible." He followed them into the house.

Breakfast was typical; loud and boisterous. He was surprised anyone had noticed him at all, they were so wrapped up in their food. A Hogwarts owl arrived with all of their letters shortly after the dishes were directed to the sink to start washing themselves. He managed to sneak away into the family room to read his.

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Pass Grades:

Outstanding (O)

Exceeds Expectations (E)

Acceptable (A)

Fail Grades:

Poor (P)

Dreadful (D)

Troll (T)

Harry James Potter has achieved:

Astronomy: A

Care of Magical Creatures: E

Charms: O

Defense Against the Dark Arts: O

Divination: A

Herbology: O

History of Magic: A

Potions: O

Transfiguration: E

He smiled. He had done better than he thought he would.

They left for Diagon Alley shortly after. Harry pulled Mrs. Weasley aside as soon as they got to the Alley.

"Mrs. Weasley, I was wondering if you'd mind terribly if I went to do some shopping for myself? I know you've got loads to do today and wouldn't want you all waiting because of me." She smiled and patted him on the shoulder.

"I think you're old enough to do your own shopping this year. I appreciate you offering Harry, but you know it's no trouble if you'd like us to keep up with you-"

"No, that's alright. I'd rather you all not have to wait while I pick out socks thanks." She laughed and agreed that her boys might find that a tad boring. As soon as Ron was distracted with the newest broom model, he hastened to Gringotts.

Griphook was there to help him once more and took him down to his vault. He pondered how much money he'd actually need to get all of his shopping done.

"Griphook? I know you might not know the answer but I was wondering...how much do you think it would cost to buy a new wardrobe completely? I'm afraid I'm not sure how much I need to withdraw today and I'd rather not waste your valuable time by coming back again later."

"Usually wizards and witches pull out one to fifteen galleons. It depends on the wealth of the family and the quality as well as quantity of clothing. Old bloodlines are known for spending twenty to thirty galleons on an entirely new wardrobe. School supplies are usually a galleon or two depending on your classes and quality of your supplies."

"Thank you." He grabbed at least a hundred galleons and filled the rest of his bag with sickles and knuts before leaving.

He had ten galleons transfered over to muggle pounds and made his way to Madam Malkins.

"Yes, are you looking for new school robes dear?" The witch hadn't even looked up from the robes she was hanging.

"Actually, I'm updating my wardrobe completely." She looked up from the precut robes and spotted him. Clearly she wasn't used to people wanting an entirely new wardrobe this close to school starting.

"Oh Mr. Potter, what a pleasure to see you again! It's been too long. Come, I haven't updated your measurements in almost two years. Stand just there," she pointed to a raised stool and had a quick-quotes quill jot down measurements that her tape measured out. "Perfect, now what sort of school robes would you like? Any particular fabric you're partial to?"

"I've no idea, what do you have to offer?" Several sets of Egyptian Giza cotton school robes later, she broached the subject of formal robes, underattire, casual robes and nightclothes. The formal robes he had designed with many buttons halfway up his chest. He planned on pairing those with deep purple or green silk shirts and black vests. Casual robes were made out of a variety of material, again all black. His cloaks were made from both heavy and light material in a few different colors, both with many buttons and clasps as well as the minimal amount. The heaviest winter cloak had buckles instead of buttons or clasps. He liked how it made him look.

He stuck to silk boxers for undergarments in a wide variety of jewel toned colors and plain black socks.

After gathering the rest of his school supplies, he followed the map Madam Malkin had given him to direct him to the more muggle-oriented clothing shop. She had said it was pretty up to date with current muggle fashion but that they could procure anything he wanted.

Ambrosia's Attire was in a cute building and was rather small from the looks of it. Once inside, Harry took back his first impression-the place had obviously been enlarged inside with magic.

"Good afternoon, I'm Ambrosia. What can I help you find today Mr...?"

"Potter." He was pleased when she didn't immediately look for the scar or seem flustered. "I've met some people over the summer that had some interesting clothing and I found I really enjoyed the look of it. I was wondering if you could help me."

"Sure thing, can you describe the clothes to me or perhaps draw them down so I can get an idea?"

"Most everything was black, either skin tight or baggy-but in a good way. Lots of silver accessories and chains, one had a shirt made out of some sort of holey material. A lot of layers too."

"I know just the style you're talking about. Come with me to the back, we keep all the good stuff back there." She led him to the back room where racks of seemingly random clothes hung everywhere.

She clapped her hands twice and the racks rearranged themselves. He couldn't help but notice that mostly black clothes were surrounding them and most of them were things that seemed similar to what he had seen those kids wearing.

"There now, anything in particular you're partial to? Find a few shirts and pants, I'll take it from there." He perused for a few minutes, pulling out things that tickled his fancy. Only two racks in and she had taken the stack of clothes he picked and sent him to what appeared to be a dressing room.

"Good choices. I'll pass you one outfit at a time and walk you through the layers so you get it right and we'll see what you like best." Two dozen outfits and a few galleons lighter, Harry made his way back to the rest of Diagon Alley. He mulled over how he had apparently been a natural at the fashion and had an eye for it, whatever that meant.

The Weasley family found him while he was just finishing up his last purchase at the apothecary.

School would be much the same, but also completely different. He dropped out of Astronomy, History of Magic, Divination and Care of Magical Creatures so he could focus properly on his other classes. Ron had given him a hard time, but Harry stuck to his guns. Surprisingly, Hermione supported her friend in his endeavor to pursue subjects he truly enjoyed. She claimed her line of thinking was that if he enjoyed it, he'd study harder at it.

Professor McGonagall went through the sorting as normal and once the last student took her seat she picked the hat up to put it away when something unusual happened.

"To be resorted: Harry Potter!" The great hall went silent and Harry inwardly groaned. Couldn't he have just one normal year?

Seeing that there would be no way out of it, he stood and made his way to the sorting chair. The hat slipped over his head, somehow still managing to cover his eyes.

"Ah yes, Mr. Potter. So good to see you once more."

"Why are you resorting me?"

"Well, I would have thought that would be obvious. You've changed a great deal since you and I first met. Oh yes, I may be a hat but I do hear what goes on. I simply thought I would give you the opportunity to allow yourself to branch out on your own. But you've surprised me! You're just as Gryffindor as you are Slytherin. You don't belong to either house and yet, you belong in both. You've been focusing on your studies and have a great amount of wisdom, that indicates you've got Ravenclaw traits. And you're loyal to a fault, something most people leave out when they think of your character. You belong in every single one of these houses wholeheartedly, if I'm being completely honest."

"So what are you going to do with me? I just want to focus on myself for a little while. I don't really know who I am, you know? Spending your whole life being told you're a freak and then the chaos that is my life in the Wizarding World-well, I'm sure you've heard." Harry felt his hands begin to fidget in his lap and he forced himself to stop before someone noticed.

"Indeed, I have. You've led a hard life so far, you deserve some time to figure out who you are before you're expected to survive on your own. I do have one placement, but it's so very rare that I get to use it."

"What is it?"

"Hogwarts House. It's only for those who fit into each house equally. Your head of house would essentially be the headmaster or headmistress, and you'll be able to float between the house common rooms as you please. You'll have your own private quarters and house points won't apply to you. Unless you'd rather be in Slytherin as I had originally planned on happening."

"No, I think I'd rather be in Hogwarts House, thanks. Some of the Slytherins still have it out for me for killing Voldemort."

"Alright then. HOGWARTS HOUSE!" McGonagall's jaw was practically on the floor when she lifted the hat and Harry could swear he heard several gasps from the teacher's table behind him.

"Mr. Potter, kindly wait for Professor Dumbledore and the heads of houses in the staff room just off to the side there. Thank you." He followed her gaze to the staff room and sat down in the armchair closest to the fire. He had just gotten himself comfortable curled up with his feet propped up against one of the arms and his back against the other.

The door opened as the heads of houses made their way into the room with Dumbledore leading them.

"Harry, did you ask the hat to resort you?" The headmaster looked tired, no doubt he had also been looking forward to a year of normalcy.

"No sir, I didn't. When I was first sorted, the hat couldn't figure out if I should be in Slytherin or Gryffindor so it gave me the choice. It told me the original plan for today was to resort me to Slytherin, but then it said I would fit equally well within any of the four houses so it gave me the choice of Hogwarts or Slytherin. Since I don't fancy dying in my sleep I choose Hogwarts." Professors Sprout and Flitwick looked like they were satisfied with that answer but McGonagall looked upset and Snape looked rather impressed.

"You'll just have to go back to Gryffindor my boy." Snape's eyes narrowed and he turned on the headmaster.

"Once the hat has spoken, its decision is irreversible! You cannot alter it without dire consequences Albus, you know this!"

"Albus is the headmaster, he does what is right for the children here!" Snape turned on McGonagall then. Harry had only ever seen him this agitated when one of the students managed to blow up his classroom.

"Minerva, I understand your devotion to the headmaster but you know just as well as I that disobeying the decision of that hat will have awful consequences. The last time several people died in the tantrum the castle threw! You all know this-why fight it? That man in that chair there deserves to have the opportunity to get to know who he is without having to fight a madman and his cronies at every turn! That man has lived through what most people could never imagine and for what? To be told he has to consort with people who are too brave to allow him to explore his own self? To be shoved in with people whose parents likely hate him? To be tossed with a group of loyal people who can't muster up the courage to stand and fight when it's needed? Or to be thrown in with the intellectuals who would question his every move and thereby enforce him to question himself at every turn? What's better? One of those houses, or being left alone for a little while to allow himself to explore who he is as a person without outside influence? As the adult that he is?" McGonagall and Dumbledore went to interrupt but he shut them down before they could get in a word.

"Enough is enough! Harry Potter has been shoved along with little to no information his entire life and has put himself on the line-repeatedly I might add-to save your arses! He saved you all from certain annihilation when he was eleven! And then again at twelve when he realized there was a bloody basilisk living in the castle! He was shunned and told not to worry his pretty little head when a murder was on the loose and looking for him. And he would have certainly died before you had Lily's sacrifice to him all those years ago didn't live in his veins to this very day. I'm ashamed to say I know anyone who thinks he doesn't deserve some bloody peace around here." Snape turned to Harry and his gaze softened.

"Would you like to remain in Hogwarts House?" Harry nodded. "Then it's settled. Come with me."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

47.1K 1.4K 34
Several years after the Battle of Hogwarts, Hermione Granger and Severus Snape meet accidentally in a romantic entanglement. After an interesting tur...
13.8K 618 7
Severus is given the opportunity to go back to the living after Nagini's bite. He and Harry build their relationship with a better understanding of e...
41.1K 1.6K 20
A very long time ago, Severus resigned himself to the reality that he doesn't have a soulmate after all. He's finally a real Defence Against the Dark...
13.7K 380 6
Harry finds himself as the only seventh year in potions with Snape. what happens when a rare magical event binds two former enemies, bringing them cl...