Taking Chances

De scarletsiren_tw

Alice King has never liked taking risks. Her best friends Keegan and Nina are the complete opposite they woul... Mai multe

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 7

41 2 2
De scarletsiren_tw

"Alice, get the god damn door!" I hear my sister Chloe yells from the bathroom.

How am i supposed to get it while I'm trying to tug on these jeans? Does she want me to go down there half naked? I pull my pants the rest of the way up the go to my drawers to search for a shirt. Suddenly Chloe bursts into my room with curlers still in her hair. Seriously who even uses those anymore?

"Are you deaf i said go get the door." Chloe says angrily.

"I'm sorry! I didn't have any clothes on yet." I explain.

"It's probably one of your stupid friends." She sneers. "Now, hurry up!"

"Fine." I say quietly. I put on my makeup quickly grab my backpack and rush downstairs. I look into the living room to see Sylvia passed out on the couch. I shake my head and open the front door to see Keegan and Nina waiting for me.

"Hey." I smile. I see a red Ferrari drive up to the curb filled with the 'popular' girls. They beep their horn loudly and Chloe comes barreling down the stairs and pushes me out of the way. She runs over to them her mini skirt riding up she doesn't even bother to pull it down. She gets in and i hear a chorus of 'Hey clo'. I hate all of them seriously were they all born without a brain? They speed off toward school.

"So, ready to go?" Nina asks.

"Yeah." I say and close the door quietly hoping not to wake up Sylvia or as most people know her 'my mom'.

We all walk to Nina's white convertible. Her family has a lot of money since her dad owns a corporate business. Nina doesn't like to flash her money around though other than her car which she refers to as her 'baby'.

"You seem like your in a great mood today miss sunshine." Keegan says sarcastically on the ride to school.

"Yeah my morning was wonderful. Nothing is better than having to deal with a snobby sister first thing in the morning." I say sarcasm dripping off every word.

"Hey, she isn't that bad." Keegan says. Um, since when did he start thinking my sister was 'not that bad'? He used to hate her guts from what i remember.

"Come live at my house for a day and then tell me Chloe's 'not that bad'." I say.

"Keegan, i thought you hated Chloe." Nina says. That's exactly what i was thinking.

"I don't hate her. She's pretty cool." He says. I feel jealousy surge through me. Is my sister on of those girls he was telling me about?

"Well, i hate her." I interject.

"Alice, she's your sister. You can't hate family." Keegan argues.

"I can if i want." I say.

"Whatever." He huffs. The rest of the ride was pretty awkward since Keegan and i aren't getting along and Nina had no clue what to say. Well, today is going to be amazing (note my sarcasm).

"We're here." Nina sighs. We all get out and i start heading towards the school when someone stops me. I turn to see Keegan holding onto my wrist.

"Al, I'm sorry. I just didn't have a good morning." He says.

"Tell me about it." I sigh.

"Well, come on. We have history first." He says draping his arm around my shoulders.

"Don't fall asleep in class today. If i hear Mr.West yelling at you I'm positive i'll get a migraine." I say.

"No promises." Keegan smirks. I roll my eyes at him and we head to history class.

So today we had to learn about the Civil War or something. I have no clue why he's still trying to teach us stuff the last day of school is tomorrow. I was starting to fall asleep when Mr.West slams his hands down on someones desk. I shoot up from my comfortable position and see him glaring at Keegan. Oh, great.

"Mr.Thomas, why do you always feel as though my class is nap time?" Mr.West asks angrily. Keegan please don't make him any more angry.

"Because your class sucks." Keegan says simply. Well, so much for not making him more angry.

"Go to the office, Keegan. I've had enough of you." Mr.West says pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No Mr.West i've had enough of you. Every time i try to sleep you wake me up. Next time i see you trying to sleep I'm going to bang on your desk and yell in your face." Keegan says.

"I SAID GO!" Mr.West yells at him.

"I'm going. Jesus, calm down." Keegan says as he walks out the door. If Mr.West was a cartoon character he would have a red face and steam coming out of his ears right about now. I need to remember to thank Keegan for this migraine later by punching him in the face. Who am i kidding? I could never punch Keegan in the face all i want to do i kiss that boy senseless.

After 4 more classes it's finally time for lunch. I walk towards Nina who's sitting at the table with our other friends Mia and Bryce. Mia and Bryce are twins except they look nothing alike they're complete opposites. Mia is a straight A student who participates in pretty much every club whether it be debate team or track. As for Bryce he doesn't have a care in the world. The only thing he actually cares about is football, food, family, and friends 'the four f's' is what he calls it.

"Hey Alice." Mia says smiling as usual.

"Hey, Mia. What's up?" I greet.

"Nothing. Just that today Tommy Jacobs asked me to go to the last day of school party at Farah Malone's house." She squeals.

"Seriously? How long have you liked him? I guess joining track worked in your favor." I say.

"Yeah. I can't wait." She says dreamily staring off into space.

"Hey sweet cheeks." Bryce says.

"Hello, Bryce." I say.

"Jeez, you usually have a pretty good comeback. What's got your panties in a wad?'' He asks as he takes my lunch and rifles through it.

"Keegan. It's his fault i have a horrible migraine." I groan putting my head on the table.

"Speak of the devil." Nina says. I look up to see her pointing behind me. I look over and see Keegan walking over. He runs his fingers through his jet black hair. Why does he have to look so hot? He finally reaches the table and sits next to me.

"Hey, Keegs." Mia greets him.

"That nickname is so stupid." Nina laughs.

"Shut up Nina." Mia says and throws her wadded up tinfoil at her. Nina scrunches up her nose and throws it back.

"Girls, girls your both beautiful. Now, calm down." I say taking away the tinfoil. If i didn't they would throw it back and forth the whole lunch period. I look over towards Bryce who's eating my sandwich.

"Bryce! I was going to eat that." I say.

"You can have it back. I just need to-" I cut him off before he can finish his sentence.

"No, no that's okay. I'd rather you not." I say.

"Here you can have half of mine." Keegan says.

"I'm mad at you." I say taking half.

"What? Why?" He asks confused.

"Because you gave me a migraine." I whine.

"Oh, yeah." He says realizing what I'm talking about.

"What did he do?" Nina asks.

"He got into another fight with Mr.West." I say.

"What is with you and Mr.West?'' Mia asks.

"I just don't like him." He says simply.

"You have to have a reason." She says.Keegan shrugs.

The rest of lunch we goof off as usual then head back to class. I have this class with Bryce and Keegan. All they do is goof off the whole time. Guess who get's to sit between them. If you guessed me then your right. But, i have to admit i goof off with them too sometimes.

In the middle of class while Bryce and I are laughing at Keegan who fell backwards in his chair the principal walks in. He goes over to the teacher and says something to her. She nods her head then calls out,"Alice could you go into the hallway please?" Keegan, Bryce, and i exchange confused looks and i get up and walk out. The principal is standing outside the door waiting for me.

"Ms.King i have some bad news." Mr.Cooper says. I give him a confused look.

"Alice, last night your father died. He had been shot down by a cop after he attempted to rob a bank in New York City," Mr.Cooper explains. "I know this must be a lot to take in and you have permission to go home. Your sister has already left."

I feel my world spinning. My father is dead. He's gone. Forever. And i never even got to say goodbye. I haven't seen him since i was ten. But, he was the best part of my life for those ten years. I begin sobbing and the Principal gives me a pat on the back. He probably doesn't know what to do. Hell, I don't know what to do either my father just died and it doesn't matter if he was committing a crime or not.

"I think you should go collect your things, Alice." Mr.Cooper suggests. I cant manage any words through my tears that just wont stop. He opens the door and i go in and gather all my stuff still sobbing.

"Alice?" I hear Keegan ask.

"Are you alright Alice?" Bryce says.

I don't say anything i just rush out of the classroom still trying to get a hold of myself. My migraine just got ten times worse. I run down the hallway and stop at my locker just  throw my stuff inside. I don't bother to grab any of my stuff i run out of school. All i know is that my dad is dead and I'm never going to be able to tell him how sorry i am.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Nina's car on the side -------------------->

The song is called 'I'll See You Again by:Westlife'

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

59K 634 24
Diamond has to choose between her crush or his brother who she just found out about. But, when she picks, it seems the guys's to good to be true. May...
4.4K 207 22
~ "I felt him chuckle into my skin as he made his way back up to my mouth. We kissed one last time before pulling away from each other. His eyes were...
996 94 18
A teenage boy named Nathan Collins transfers into a new school in the middle of Freshman year. Nathan's orientation is currently gay, so he doesn't i...
722K 25.6K 37
Zoey Adams couldn't care less about The Kissing Game. Now that it's their last year, her classmates are going crazy over the game where a single kiss...