Love in the 21st ~ Jay Halste...

Von KylieeePalmer

Kylie platt, niece of Trudy Platt, is transferred to the infamous 21st district where she meets who could qui... Mehr

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Not an update!

Twelve

6.2K 98 6
Von KylieeePalmer

"Hi." Jays voice made me jump as he leaned over and placed a quick kiss on my cheek as I locked my car in the precinct lot.

"Hey." I smiled turning and leaning in to give him a quick kiss, before it was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"So this is where you ended up?" Pulling away from Jay I looked over his shoulder and spotted a familiar face from New York.

"Finn?" I grinned, rushing over pulling him in for a hug, pulling away just as Jay came over giving me a weird look. "Oh right, Finn, this is Jay Halstead he's..." I stopped thinking of what to call him. "Uh, part of my team. Jay, this is Finn Tutuola, SVU New York, I worked with his until for a few months before I started at the 31st." I introduced, watching as they did the typical 'guy hug' before starting to walk towards the entrance.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked as we walked through the districts door.

"Your boss called Liv, found a victim this morning that matches the MO of multiple girls down in New York." He explained, as we got to Trudy's desk.

"Liv's here too?" I asked excited to see my old boss again.

"Nah, me and Rollins, Liv's got her hands full back home." He said deflating me slightly. "Rollins should be up there already."

"So just you and Rollins right, no one else?" I asked, knowing he'd know who I was referring to.

"Just us girl." He nodded patting me on the shoulder with a small smile, just as we got to the gate.

"Good. Hey Jay, can you take him up, I've gotta talk to Trudy real quick." I said motioning over to the sergeant who raised her head as she heard her name.

"Yeah, sure, I'll tell Voight you're down here." He said nodding before buzzing them both through the gate, taking a deep breath I spun around to face Trudy.

"Hi Trudy." I smiled leaning on the front of her desk.

"What are you creeping for?" She asked bluntly taking off her glasses and raising an eyebrow at me.

"What? I can't just come and talk to my dearest aunt before I go catch a serial killer?" I asked mock offended, making her smile slightly.

"I don't really know how to say this, and this is as much your decision as it is mine, but I wanted to speak to you first because this is a big thing, kind of, but yeah you're opinion is really important to me and I don't want to step out of line or seem ungrateful but.." I rambled looking like I was throwing shapes with how much my arms were moving before she stopped me.

"Kyles, do it." She said with a smile.

"What? How'd you? Voight." I said confusion fading quickly, of course he'd already spoke to her, if only to make it easier for me.

"Listen," she said putting her hand over mine that was resting on the desk top. "You and Stan, you never really were family, I know what he was like and how at 13 you were practically on your own. That's why you came to me every weekend, because I wanted you to have at least one family member, and now you have three of us, you deserve to have the name of your real family." She smiled giving my hand a squeeze as she reached under her desk. "Which is why, I filled out the forms for you, all you have to do is sign." She said placing the papers in-front of me, already filled out.

"I, uh, thank you Trudy." I said sincerely, smiling up at her as she held her pen out towards me.

Kylie Voight

"You missed my middle name." I said after reading through the papers.

"I didn't even know you had a middle name." She said looking at me strangely.

"It's on my birth certificate, I just didn't think it was important for work files." I shrugged taking the pen and changing the name.

Kylie Dawn Voight

"Wait, your middle name is Dawn?" She asked leaning over slightly to read the name.

"Uhm yeah, why?" I asked confused, not looking up as I got to the part where I needed to sign, stopping and looking at it.

"No reason, now, are you gunna sign these papers or what?" She asked sounding impatient but failing to hide the tears glimmering in her eyes.

"Uh yeah, yeah." I nodded signing across the dotted line, before sliding the papers towards her.

"Give it a couple hours and it'll be official, I'll have it done as a priority." She smiled slightly looking over the papers. "Now get up there and catch a killer, go." She said shooing me away making me laugh slightly before walking over to the gate.

"Hey Trudy." I called just as the gate opened, looking back over my shoulder, watching as she lifted her head in response. "I love you." I smiled sadly, feeling like I'd somehow betrayed her by changing my name.

"I love you too Kyles, now go before you make me cry." She joked waving me away with a piece of paper making me laugh slightly.

Taking yet another deep breath I turned and walked up the stairs, being greeted by the refreshing sight of my old partner.

"What up Blondie?" I called loudly as I walked into the bullpen, everyone's attention being drawn to me.

"Well look who it is, how have you been Platt?" She grinned coming over and pulling me in for a hug.

"I've missed you so much, you have no idea how good it is to know that I don't have to put up with these guys stupidity on my own." I grinned pointing over my shoulder at Jay and Adam.

"Hey! I am very intelligent I'll have you know." Adam complained from his desk pointing his own at me.

"Yeah, yeah, settle down." I laughed grinning at him as he faked offence, putting his hand on his chest.

"You wound me Kylie, you really do." He sighed dramatically making everyone laugh just as Erin and Finn came from the break room.

"Voight wants us to take a look around the Riverwalk, that's where he thinks the guys getting his victims." Erin said putting her phone back in her pocket and grabbing her coat.

"Hey, uh, Rollins right," Adam started before I cut him off, already knowing where he was heading.

"Nope, she's mine, you can have Jay." I grinned hooking my arm around hers.

"You're really gunna make me go with him?" Jay asked with wide eyes laughing when Adam let out a 'hey' of offence.

"Bye babe!" I laughed waving as me and Rollins turned to leave intelligence hearing Adam's whining as we went.

*Jay's POV*

"Your girlfriends so mean to me man." Adam whined as we stood up grabbing our coats.

"She's not my girlfriend man." I shrugged walking down the stairs hearing her laughter echo through the lobby, smiling slightly at the sound.

"You've got it bad Jay." He nudged me while grinning. "You look the same as I did when me and Wendy first got together."

"I like her man." I shrugged just as we got outside, Kylie's car coming past just as we got to the lot, I couldn't help but chuckle as she gave me a wink and a wave as she spotted us.

"What's standing in your way?" He asked as we climbed into my truck, making me look at him.

"She's right you know, you really are an idiot." I said starting the car and leaving the lot. "Voight's no in-house dating rule is just one of many reasons why I can't make it official." I sighed following the route to the park, it was only a five minute drive.

"What Voight don't know won't hurt him." He shrugged pulling out his phone. "God damn." He whispered eyes wide before putting the phone back down.

"What is it?" I asked assuming it would be something to do with the case.

"You ever had a girlfriend who would send you suggestive pictures after an argument?" He asked with furrowed brows. "Me and Wendy got in a fight last night and all morning she's been sending them."

"Maybe she's just real sorry." I shrugged pulling up to the park, stopping behind Dawson's car, him and Al must already be here.

"She's got a high school reunion coming up." I told Adam as we were walking through the park spotting Platt and Rollins on the opposite side of the lake, laughing together. "Kylie I mean." I confirmed when he looked at me confused.

"What about it?" He asked as he pulled out his phone once again.

"She hasn't told me yet, she'd tell me if she was going, right?" I asked looking over at him just for him to stare blankly back at me.

"Dude, I don't know shit when it comes to women, seriously." He said holding up his phone as yet another message came through.

"Hey check this guy out." I nudged him slightly noticing a guy wearing a black hoodie, with his hood up covering his face. "Possible suspect heading towards the enterance." I said into the radio keeping my eyes on the guy as we casually walked over, but not casual enough.

As soon as the guy had raised his head and noticed us looking at him he quickly turned and took off, leaving me and Adam playing catch up.

"Stop! Chicago PD!" I yelled as we closed in on the guy, almost within arms reach when a branch swung out smacking him in the ankles and making him fall, sliding across the ground with a cry.

"You guys really got work smarter, not harder." Kylie laughed as Rollins followed her out of a small space between the bushes, leaning down to help Adam cuff him, Kylie carrying the branch that took him down.

——————

"This is the one bit about SVU that I hated." I muttered as me and Rollins walked through the hospital. "I mean, I've seen plenty of shit since I've been in Chicago but seeing girls like this, having to watch as they relive what happened to them, nothings as bad that."

"Trust me, I get it." She smiled slightly before knocking on the room door and pushing it open, revealing a young girl with bruises and lumps covering her body, she had been attacked in the park while we were interviewing another suspect after the one from this morning, both turning out to be the wrong guy.

"Hey Vanessa," I smiled sympathetically, waking over to stand besides your bed. "I know this is tough but do you remember what happened to you?" I asked.

"I was walking through the park, on my way to college, but this guy stopped me and asked me if I had the time, I looked down at my watch and the next thing I know someone was hitting me." She sniffed looking down.

"Hey, it's okay, you're doing great." Rollins reassured her smiling. "Did you see the guy? Notice anything about him?"

"I scratched him." She said looking down at her hands. "I stabbed my thumb into his left eye, he screamed and let go of me so I ran, he was a bit taller than you," she said nodding to Rollins. "He had light brown hair and green eyes I think." She said squeezing her eyes closed before reopening them wider. "Definitely green eyes."

"You are one amazing woman, you know that?" I smiled looking down at her. "Listen," I said crouching down to be level with her. "I know it seems hard, and it will be, but I promise you that you will be okay." I smiled taking we hand in mine and squeezing slightly.

"Thank you." She whispered, a single tear falling down her cheek.

Leaving the room I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to get the image of the girl out of my head, she didn't deserve that. Sighing I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialled Hanks number.

"Hey Hank, Vanessa Matthew the victim at med, she got a good look at the guy, light brown hair, green eyes and a bit taller than Rollins so like a little over six foot." I listed thinking back on what Vanessa had told us.

"Nice work, anything else?" He asked as I could hear him moving over the phone, probably going into the bullpen.

"Yeah, she said that she stabbed him in the left eye with her thumb nail." I told him.

"Alright, we'll check all hospital records, you guys come on back." He said, me nodding forgetting that we were on the phone.

"Uh, yeah, bye." I said hanging up.

———————

"I need to talk to you." Jay said as he came into the break room closing the door behind himself.

"Hello to you too." I said smiling up at him. "What's up?" I asked seeing that he was serious, placing the spoon I was using to stir my tea in the sink.

"Why aren't you going to your reunion?" He asked making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Okay, one," I said holding up a finger. "How do you know about that? Two," I paused holding up another finger. "Who said I wasn't going? And Three, why does it matter to you?" I asked putting my hand down and picking up my mug of tea.

"I saw the invite at your place the other day, I assumed you wasn't going because you never told me about it." He said moving closer.

"Why do I need to tell you if I'm going or not? But no, I'm not going, I'm perfectly fine with not seeing those stuck up bitches and listening to how much money their husbands earn or about their perfect house." I said rolling my eyes just thinking about having to deal with the kids from school, even if they had grown up. "And I definitely don't need to hear the dad comments." I muttered under my breath.

"What dad comments? I thought it was just you and your step-dad?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"Uh, yeah it was." I shrugged, looking up to see him giving me a disbelieving look. "What do you want me to say Jay? That Stan wasn't the guy that I tell people he was, because he wasn't. The only thing I've said about him that isn't a lie, is that he's Trudy's brother, and when I moved out he was just a landlord." I said shrugging feeling the tears start to rise. "And no, I'm not going, and even if I was I wouldn't take you with me." I muttered.

Pushing past him, I opened the break room door and harshly shut it behind me, going back to my desk where I flopped down and closed my eyes just as Adam and Al hauled one of our suspects Baxter through to the interrogation room once again, although they was supposed to be getting the guy who Vanessa had described, Neil Vance.

"What's he doing back?" Jay asked as he came out of the break room a couple of minutes after me.

"He showed up at Vance's hotel room, won't talk though, asked for a lawyer straight away." Erin said as her and Finn walked in behind them.

"Take him to the cage." Voight said making me jump as he came out of his office.

"Can you start wearing a bell or something so I can hear you before you literally kill me from shock." I asked putting a hand on my chest to control my breathing as the rest of them laughed, except Voight who just looked at me, holding my hands up in defence I sighed.

"You're with me." He said nodding at me before walking away, nodding along I stood up and followed, only to be stopped as I passed Jay's desk.

"We still need to talk." He said quietly, softly taking hold of my arm, shaking my head slightly I pulled my arm away and continued to follow Voight.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.9K 39 8
One shots about our favorite cops☺️ Requests are always accepted, I'll write almost anything but if I don't think I can write something I'll let you...
88.9K 1.6K 72
An unexpected surprise turns up during a case that leads to old stones being turned back up. Will Hailey and Jay rise to the challenge and become clo...
167K 3.4K 72
Oneshot stories from your favourite universe :)
4.8K 155 21
What if Jay and Will Halstead has a sister?