The Vampiress Debutante

By allurasrs

Everwood is a regal kingdom, renown for its gorgeous and talented aristocracy. The royal family embodying gra... More

Before the Beginning
A Ball You Say? ~ 1
The Winter Woods ~ 2
The Court ~ 3
The Prince ~ 4
The Ball ~ 5
Update
The Opening Exam ~ 6
The Announcement ~ 7
Combat Week ~ 8
The Chase ~ Chapter 9
A Night To Remember ~ Chapter 10
The Duel ~ 12
Hostage ~ 13
Oopsie
Update

The Trial ~ 11

63 4 0
By allurasrs

    I rush down the royal hallway on my way to Madisón's room. My heart is pounding with exhilaration. Madisón's wind message seemed so urgent. It better be, I was getting somewhere with Adonis. Rounding the next corner, I see a figure cloaked in red-leaning against a tapestry depicting the death of the witches, including the Fae-Human coalition. 

    "Madisón-"

    I'm cut off by Madisón throwing her head back and laughing hysterically. Tears were rolling down both of her cheeks, and her eyes glossed over. She pulls her knees up to her chest before calming down. An eerie silence fills the cold hallway, but I knew there were eyes and ears everywhere. Without making a single sound, I crouch down to her level and, placing a hand on her head, I use magic to whisk us to my room. 

    The familiar scent of lavender encompasses me as Madisòn staggers to one of the plush couches nearby. I give Madisón a moment to collect herself before settling down into a chair across from her. An unsettling silence fills the room, only broken by Madisón's ratty breaths.

    "Are you going to tell me what happened, or are we just going to let it sit uncertainly between us."

    Madisón straightens and places her trembling hands on her lap. She looks me right in the eyes, her mouth becoming a straight line. 

    "Charlotte is- is having an affair with the Queen."

    A sense of panic floods my whole body. This is bad, beheading sort of bad. If anyone found out about this, Charlotte could be killed, including her entire family's reputation destroyed. Instead of letting my concerns show, I merely nod my head, gesturing for Madisón to elaborate.

    "I was on my way to the Crown Prince's quarter when I heard moaning coming from a nearby room. Of course, I peeked, but I didn't expect to see Charlotte biting the Queen's neck while being butt naked. I went to knock on Adonis's door, but couldn't bring myself to, and instead collapsed in the hallway. The only thought coursing through my head was, this must be how Charlotte felt."

    Madisón drags her hand down her face, fixing her ruined make-up. A sort of determination taking control of her as she gets up.

    "Where do you plan on going?"

    "I have to pay my debt to her and make sure no one finds out, it's the only way I can calm myself down."

    Madisón turns her back on me and leaves, but a weird tension is left in the room. I had a horrible feeling she was too late.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

    It only took ten minutes for the entire castle to be ushered into the throne room. The nobility whispering constantly, but I could only catch a few words. 

    Queen. Affair. Woman.

    I could tell by Madisón being missing she had gotten herself involved out of guilt, I feel bad for her to have to sit in front of this crowd of horrid nobles in her state. While I was lost in thought, I was beginning to see motion around the throne and King Blanć steps out from behind the red velvet curtain.

    Every noble lowers themselves into curtsies and bows, I stare at the king's face as I pick up my skirts. He looked tense, but not at all heartbroken as he should be. It's clear what his affections for the queen truly are.

    "Rise."

    I rise, squaring my shoulders in anticipation.

    "I'm sure you are all wondering why I've gathered you all here at such an early time, I understand the stars have just begun to show, but this is an important matter. Queen Amaranthe was caught lying with Charlotte Solléil, a competitor for the Crown Prince's heart."

    Many of the nobles begin to gasp, the opposite of many of the ladies who are in the competition, who begin to giggle.

    However, the entire crowd goes silent as both Charlotte and the Queen enter, both of them being forced on their knees. Surprisingly, Charlotte has her head held high, ready for the King's judgment. The Queen seems to quietly accept her fate with her head hung, it's quite obvious who the dominant one in the relationship is. 

    "Do the two of you admit to being sexually involved?"

    Charlotte nods and looks at the Queen, who raises her head in shame. 

    "Yes."

    The King grunts and gestures to the guards on either side of his throne, they proceed to go behind him and escort out-

    Madisón.

    She is brought out next to Charlotte and offered an ornate chair to sit on, which she accepts. The King nods at her in pleasant acknowledgment, his mood obviously vastly improved at the sight of her. 

    Everything is playing out like a drama in theatre. How amusing.

    "Madisón, for the sake of legality, do you admit to witnessing the affair?"

    "Yes," she answers without a note of hesitation.

    "Alright then, the result is quite simple. Charlotte will be staked, that is the end of this meeting."

    I could see the abhorrent shock on Madisón and the Queen's face from the audience. Madisón obviously couldn't do anything as she had no social standing, and Charlotte's father hates her either way so no help from him either. I suppose now would be a good time to oppress the competition and show off a bit. Yes, that's the reasoning I'm going to stick with... oh to hell with inner thoughts Charlotte is my friend there is no way I'm letting her be killed.

    "Your Majesty, if I may suggest something?"

    I can feel the eyes of every noble in the room on me, including the two Prince's who had just entered. Excellent, this will work out much better if they are here. 

    King Blanć raises his eyebrows, but still gestures to allow me to speak.

    "Charlotte is the only heir to her family, it would be a shame if such an excellent noble line was ended. Wouldn't it be much cleaner to have her serve as the Queen's concubine?"

    The king smirks, he knew exactly what I was doing. If Charlotte became the Queen's concubine, her father would be looked down upon by the Court and forced to send more resources to the palace as a thank you for sparing his daughter. It was a win-win situation for both of us, and the outcome was decided the second I opened my mouth. 

    "You do bring up an excellent point, and I'm afraid I'll have to agree. Let it be known then, Charlotte Solléil is now the Queen's concubine, this excludes her from the competition but keeps her alive. Any moves against her are moves against the Queen's crown is this understood?"

    The court murmurs in agreement, everyone turning to leave. I soak in the appreciative stares from Madisón and Charlotte, but I wasn't the only one they should thank. The King, out of his obvious affection for Madisón, added in the bonus of protection from the Crown, ensuring the nobles couldn't even whisper about Charlotte if they wanted to continue living. 

    Turning away from the throne, I lock eyes with Adonis, whose gaze is still filled with passion from earlier. It's obvious he wanted to continue where we left off, but my friends are far more important.

    The more days that pass here at this rotten court, the more I understand about myself and the people around me. Maybe I can actually enjoy my time here after all.

--------------------------------------------------------

So basically I'm back, and I do want to clear up some things. 

Ebony isn't a jerk, Madisón isn't just a slut, and Charlotte obviously isn't as innocent as she appears to be. 

This will all become more clear as the book goes on, I hope you guys enjoy the show.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103 10 10
Rosalie is just like any other girl. She lives with her mom and dad and they all love eachother very much. But there's one slight difference. Rosalie...
701K 27.1K 57
Highest Ranking: #7 in Vampire 19/07/2016 COMPLETED Book 1 of the MBOML series. How would you feel if you were suddenly kidnapped off of the streets...
8.8K 1K 29
||WATTY 2021 SHORTLIST|| Ex-Princess-Bride wants to marry her beloved Dragon, but when a curse threatens their happily ever after, they are left raci...
2.5M 144K 50
"As soon as you believe you are a monster is when you become one." After many years of war, the kingdom of Edria is finally in an era of peace--peace...