The Guardian Rose

De GramzonDragon

(Y/N) encounters Summer Rose during a Grimm attack. When (Y/N) is injured Summers tells him to run, giving hi... Mais

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Day
Chapter 2: Initiation Test
Chapter 3: Classes
Chapter 5: The Challenge.
Chapter 6: A Secret Is Revealed.
Chapter 7: Confessions.
Chapter 8: Best Day Ever!
Chapter 9: Explanations.
Chapter 10: Another Day At Beacon
Chapter 11: Painting The Town...
Q & A
Chapter 12: Recruiting the Enemy.
Chapter 13: Preparations for the Ball.
Chapter 14: Dance and Infiltration.
Chapter 15: The Shadow's Rage and Field Trip.
Chapter 16: What Was Once Lost, Has Been Found.
Chapter 17: Breach and Final Goodbye.
Q&A 2
Team T/N Bios
Chapter 18: Vital Festival
Chapter 19: Frosty Greetings.
Chapter 20: Planning
???
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the Fall.
Chapter 22: Battle of Beacon.
Chapter 23: The Fall of Beacon.
Epilogue
Q&A 3

Chapter 4: Dealing With A Bully.

8.6K 119 274
De GramzonDragon

Y/N POV

I was watching the fight between Cardin and Jaune in boredom. Jaune wasn't doing too good as Cardin was knocking him around.

Y/N: *Whispers* Man he sucks, how did he get into Beacon again?

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-!

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and Glynda Goodwitch makes him to stop.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Y/N: (Karma is going to kick your cocky ass one of these days Cardin.)

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

Vernde: *Whispers* Think we can win?

Y/N: *Whispers* Maybe, if I can find this one person I know.

Vernde: *Whispers* Are they any good?

Y/N shrugged as the bell rang.

At Lunch

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai...

Ren: They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Ren: Two of 'em.

Nora: But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!

Ren: She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now.

Y/N: Jaune? Are you okay man?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little... not okay...

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!

He holds up a thumb while laughing nervously until his attention is focused on the members of Team CRDL, standing around a girl with brown rabbit ears jutting from her hair as Cardin laughs at her and Sky Lark holds up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features.

Y/N: Excuse me for a moment... CARDIN!

Cardin looked as me and scoffed.

Cardin: What do you want?

Y/N: Let her go NOW!

Cardin: Or what? What are you going to do about it?

Cardin continued to pull on the girl's ears, which angered me even more. I grabbed his wrist and throat, which made him let go of the Faunus.

Y/N: I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I'm going to do the same thing I did to the Boarbatusk in Port's class.

Red mist began to surround my hand the was around his throat. He saw my eyes turn blood red and began to scream in panic. I let him go and turned to the girl.

Y/N: Are you okay... Velvet?

Velvet: I'm alright... Y-Y/N?

Y/N: Wow, it's been so good to see you. 

Velvet: You too! So you're just starting at Beacon?

Y/N: Yup, now why don't you find the rest of your team while I deal with these... Freaks.

Velvet: *Giggles* Alright, just don't get into trouble.

Y/N: See you later, Velvet!

I turned back to team CRDL my eyes turning red as I activated both my semblances.

Y/N: Now let's get this over with, shall we?

Cardin recovered from my first attack and was angry.

Cardin: GET HIM!

I smiled as his team tried to hit me I simply dodged each one of them and hitting them on the back of their head, making them become paralyzed with fear. I turned to face Cardin, who hit the side of my face with his mace. I turned to him and smiled, part of my face cracked and shadows seeped from them. I pulled my arm back and it became coated in a red mist. I threw my fist at full force, knocking him through a wall, and knocking him out. I deactivated my semblances, the cracks on my face vanished. I walked back to my table as a ball of red mist was forming in my hand. When it crystallized I began to eat it feeling the power surge through me. Teams RWBY and JNPR looked at me it shock.

Y/N: What?

Pyrrha: What exactly did you do to them?

Y/N: I used fear against them, and what fear they were emitting, I adsorbed so we wouldn't be attracting Grimm.

3rd POV

Glynda: Y/N!

Y/N: Yes Miss Goodwitch?

Glynda seemed furious. Then again I did hurt four students and destroyed a wall in the process.

Glynda: Care to explain why you attacked four students?

Y/N: Well, I have ZERO tolerance for bullies. Especially towards Faunus. Besides, the only one who's really hurt is Cardin. And who knows how long until YOU dealt with them.

Glynda: *Groan* Just try to refrain from hurting other students.

Y/N: No promises, Miss Goodwitch

Glynda left the lunchroom to take care of Cardin,

Blake: Why did you help her?

Y/N: One thing I hate most, is people who discriminate Faunus. They are people too.

Y/N got up and started to leave.

Y/N: By the way Weiss, the Schnee name have been lowered to number 8 on my list.

Weiss: Why does he hate my family so much?

Vernde: Let's say that he has a terrible history with your father.

Blake: Why doesn't he hate the Faunus?

Vernde: From what he told me... He owes them his life.

Later

Y/N watched as the green-haired man was speeding around the classroom.

Y/N: (Has that man ever heard of decaf?)

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War... humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie. Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day! Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Some of the silhouetted students raise their hands. Velvet, after a moment, does the same.

Y/N: (Still kicking Cardin's ass again for doing that.)

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War? Yes?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: Hey!

Oobleck: Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?

Jaune: Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus... had over that guy's stuff...

Y/N pulled out a small sign that read 'Night vision Doctor'.

Jaune: Night vision, Doctor?

Cardin grumbled as his plan had failed.

Oobleck: That is correct, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!

Cardin: Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier.

Pyrrha: You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?

Cardin: What? You got a problem?

Y/N: No, I just find it funny on how someone like you doesn't know anything. General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured. Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure.

Oobleck: Mr. Winchester! Please take your seat. 

Y/N chuckles at this when Oobleck stared at him. You and Mr. L/N can both see me after class for additional readings.

Y/N: Whatever you say Doc.

Oobleck: Now! Moving on!

After Class

Oobleck: You two have been bickering in my class since day one! Now, I don't know if it's a lack of interest, or just your stubborn nature, but whatever it is... It stops now! You've worked hard to gain entrance to this school, and we only accept the best of the best, so I expect you to act like it. History is important, gentlemen! If you can't learn from it... you're destined to repeat it. Pages fifty-one to ninety-one! I want an essay on my desk by next class! Now! Run along.

Y/N pulled out a stack of papers and handed it to Oobleck.

Oobleck: What is this?

Y/N: The essay for pages fifty-one to ninety-one. I read ahead of time for purposes like this. Always be one step ahead in the game.

Y/N walked out to see Jaune and Pyrrha there waiting . Oobleck then zooms out of the classroom in a green and white blur. Jaune is about to say something, but Cardin emerges behind him, pushing him to the ground an emitting an "Ow!" from him that makes the bully laugh before walking away.

Y/N: You know, I really will break his legs.

Pyrrha: I have an idea! Here, come with me!

A dejected Jaune and Pyrrha went onto a rooftop of one of the buildings, with a clear view of the glowing green orbs in the central tower of Beacon. Y/N took in the sight and was amazed.

Jaune: Pyrrha, I know I'm going through a hard time right now, but I'm not that depressed. I can always be a farmer or something...

Y/N: No you dunce! Just listen to what she has to say.

Pyrrha: Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class and that you're still not the strongest of fighters, so... I want to help you!

Jaune: Wh-what?

Pyrrha: We can train up here after class where no one can bother us!

Jaune: You think I need help?

Pyrrha: N-no! No, that's not what I meant.

Jaune: But you just said it.

Y/N: Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time, even I do! It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon! That speaks volumes of what you're capable of!

Jaune: You're wrong. I-I don't belong here.

Pyrrha: That's a terrible thing to say! Of course you do!

Jaune: No, I don't! I wasn't really accepted into Beacon...

Pyrrha: Wh-what do you mean?

Jaune: I mean I didn't go to combat school, I didn't pass any tests. I didn't earn my spot at this Academy! I lied! I got my hands on some fake transcripts, and I lied!

Pyrrha: What? But... why?

Jaune: 'Cause this is always what I've wanted to be! My father, my grandfather, and his father before him were all warriors! They were all heroes! I wanted to be one, too. I was just never good enough.

Pyrrha: Then let us help you!

Jaune: I don't want help! I don't want to be the damsel in distress! I want to be the hero!

Y/N: Jaune...

Jaune: I'm tired of being the lovable idiot, stuck in the tree while his friends fight for their lives! Don't you understand? If I can't do this on my own... then what good am I?

Pyrrha attempts to reach out for his arm and console him, but he leans back from her touch.

Jaune: Just... leave me alone. Okay?

Y/N: If that's what you wish.

Y/N and Pyrrha walked away before Y/N told Jaune one last thing.

Y/N: And to be fair, I'm tired of just being a shadow of myself.

Y/N and Pyrrha entered the door and it slowly closed behind them.

Cardin: Oh, Jaune...

Jaune: Cardin!

Cardin: I couldn't help but overhear you three from my dorm room. So, you snuck into Beacon, huh? I gotta say, Jaune, I never expected you to be such a rebel!

Jaune: Please, Cardin, please, don't tell anyone!

Cardin: Jaune, come on! I'd never rat on a friend like that!

Jaune: A... a friend?

Cardin: Of course! We're friends now, Jauney boy! And the way I see it, as long as you're there for me when I need you, we'll be friends for a long time. That being said, I really don't have time to do those extra readings Dr. Oobleck gave me today. Think you could take care of that for me, buddy? That's what I thought. Don't worry, Jaune; your secret's safe with me.

Cardin climbed back into his room as Jaune sighed. Not knowing Y/N was hiding around the corner.

Y/N: (Cardin, what the hell are you planning?)

Y/N vanished and reappeared next to Pyrrha making her jump.

Pyrrha: Y/N! where did you come from?

Y/N: Don't worry about that. Cardin overheard us, he might try to blackmail Jaune.

Pyrrha: But, why aren't you going to stop him?

Y/N: Trust me, he needs to know that a leader can't allow himself to be pushed around all because of something so small.

Pyrrha: But his transcripts!

Y/N: I believe Professor Ozpin already knows about that.

Pyrrha: How can you be sure?

Y/N: He's one of those people that tend to notice everything. Even he minor details.

Pyrrha: ...

Y/N: I know doing nothing seems tough, but it's the best course of action we can take. I promise that if things go too far, we can intervene.

Pyrrha: O-okay, Y/N. I trust you.

Y/N: Good, now get some rest. We've got a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Y/N kicking Chibi Cardin in the groin.

Y/N watched as Jaune was protecting Cardin from an Ursa. He noticed Pyrrha, Ruby and Weiss walk up newt to him. Weiss lifted her blade only for Y/N to stop her.

Weiss: What are you doing?

Y/N: Just shut up and watch Ice Princess.

They watched as Jaune fought against the Ursa. Unfortunately he was left open as he attacked. Pyrrha lifted her arm and Jaune's shield raised up, blocking the Ursa's claws. Which allowed him to slice the Ursa's head off.

Ruby: Uhhh... What?

Weiss: How did you?

Pyrrha: Well,Ruby has your speed, you have your glyphs, Y/N has his... Uh...

Y/N: I'll reveal that one day.

Pyrrha: Right, Y/N has his Semblance, and I have, Polarity.

Ruby: Whoa, you can control poles.

Y/n facepalmed at her response.

Weiss: No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!

Ruby: Magnets are cool, too...

Pyrrha began to walk away confusing Weiss/

Weiss: Wait, where are you going?

Ruby: Yeah! We gotta tell them what happened!

Y/N: We could... Or perhaps we could keep it our little secret?

Cardin, still covered in sap, looks up at Jaune as his savior offers a hand. Cardin smiles as he takes it and is lifted back up on his feet.

Cardin: Holy crap, Jaune!

Jaune: Don't ever mess with my team - my friends - ever again. Got it?

Cardin looks intimidated, possibly even apologetic. With his order spoken, Jaune turns and walks away from a frozen Cardin.

Y/N: And if I find out you do, I'll send The Shadow Rose after you.

Cardin turned around but found no one was there.

Later that night

Jaune was standing on the balcony as he was trying to think of a way to apologize when he heard two voices.

Y/N: Hey, Jaune.

Pyrrha: No Cardin tonight? I thought you two were best buds?

Jaune turned to see Pyrrha and Y/N standing there

Jaune: Pyrrha, Y/N... I'm sorry. I was a jerk! You were only trying to be nice, and... I had all this stupid macho stuff in my head-

Y/N: Jaune!

Pyrrha: It's okay! Your team really misses their leader, you know. You should come down! Ren made pancakes! No syrup, though - you can thank Nora for that!

Y/N: Got room for one more?

Pyrrha: Sure, we could use the company.

Jaune: Wait! I know I don't deserve it after all that happened, but... would you two still be willing to help me... to help me become a better fighter?

Y/N and Pyrrha smiled as they turned around. Pyrrha walked up to Jaune and pushed him to the ground.

Jaune: Hey!

Y/N: Your stance is all wrong. You need to be wider and lower to the ground. Why not try that again.

Jaune Smile as he took Pyrrha's hand and got up. Y/N smiled as he looked up at the shattered moon.

Y/N: (Well, at least Jaune got most of his confidence back. This has been an interesting day.)

A/N

 Love interest votes have been counted.(VOTES CLOSED)

1st place - Ruby Rose - 8 votes

2nd place - Neo - 4 votes

3rd place - Yang Xiao Long - 1 vote

4th place - Velvet Scarlatina - 1 vote (This is my vote since there were no votes for her.)

So Ruby has now become the love interest for Y/N.

OC character vote ends on chapter 5. Make your own OC soon!

1. Alex Ryder

2. Rein Steel

3. Vladamir Wolfinstein

See you next chapter!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

13.1K 309 9
On the hunt for clues on Yang's real mother, Ruby and her sister are split from each other when Grimm attack them. Ruby runs into the woods, hoping f...
107K 2.1K 41
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...
166K 2.1K 9
(F/N) (L/N) is just another face in the crowd. No one would bother looking twice at him. Except someone does, two someone's in fact. Somehow, (F/N) m...
2K 16 22
A young boy looked down upon by his family. One day, the young Y/N Rose leaves in pursuit of something more. Until he is approached by a orange haire...