metanoia.

由 bookbabelex

metanoia (meh-ta-noy-ah) • Greek n. the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life; spiritu... 更多

cast.
2.
3.
4.
5
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.

1.

354 18 7
由 bookbabelex

Although I was sitting in the car, I could feel the loud music pulsating through the house across the street and vibrating the ground under me like an earthquake. College students spilled out the front and sides of the white and light blue structure well into the street. I could smell the strong stench of booze and weed, which made me nauseous.

"Where is this girl..." I mumbled to myself. My best friend, Monica, was inside said house apparently having the time of her life. We had arrived at 10:30pm and it was now going on 1am that I had been waiting in this car for her. I wasn't a partier, but i didn't want Monica going alone, so i offered to be her DD, thinking I could finish up my assignment while she was inside. Well, a thousand word essay typed up and she still wasn't out. I drummed my fingers against the steering wheel and bit the inside of my cheek, contemplating going inside and dragging her ass out.

I leaned back against the head rest and sighed. As much as it frustrated me sometimes, I wouldn't change the person Monica was. I'll admit that I didn't have anyone but her. Sure, I have my family but Monica was my person, my best friend. The first day we'd met she had me bent over in laughter that made my stomach ache. I had my fair share of friends growing up, but it seemed that once high school left us, we'd done the same to each other. Monica and I had met senior year of high school. She had just moved to Chicago from California, as her parents were going through a divorce and her mother's family was here. She'd walked into English, a class that we shared, and aimlessly glanced around the classroom before her eyes landed on me and she smiled. She walked straight up to me and said, "I love your glasses. Can I sit by you?"

I had been so taken aback that I gave a quick nod and removed my bag from the chair opposite me , where Monica  plopped down with a cheeky grin. From then on she always found me in the hallway, always searched for me in the cafeteria, and, once we had figured out we lived in the same neighborhood, walked home together everyday.

When it came time to think about college, we knew we had to go together. Now here we were, Monica a fashion major because nothing suited her better, and me a law major. Even though polar opposites, nothing could break the bond we shared. While I was quiet and reserved, Monica was outgoing and friendly, which I think is what made us mesh so well.

my thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my car window that caused me to jerk my head up and my heart to start pounding wildly. I stared into soft chocolate orbs, topped off with a pearly white smile. He signaled for me to roll the window down, so I obliged.

"can I help you?" I asked curiously. This man didn't look familiar so I had no idea what he wanted with me.

"you gone stay in this car all night? I been watching you since you and ya girl got here. Why aren't you inside with her?" he questioned, giving me a knowing look

"oh uh... this isn't my thing. I guess i'm just here for moral support?" I gave a nervous laugh, studying the man peeking through my window. His skin was a velvety chocolate and he had nice white teeth framed with full lips that his tongue darted out every so often to moisten. His eyes were a smooth brown and he looked at me through long, soft lashes. He had a beard I was tempted to run my fingers through, but I thought otherwise since I hardly knew him.

"what's your name?" he asked, his eyes flicked down to my lips then back up to my eyes.

"Vivianna. Vivi."

"Hmm," he hummed, "I like that. I'm Quint." He stuck his hand through the window at me, and I placed mine into his.

"nice to meet you." I muttered. To say I was taken aback was an understatement. Who was this boy? And most importantly, why was he talking to me? Now don't get me wrong, i'm not ugly by  any means... but to think he'd been watching me since we'd gotten here was hard to believe.

"why'd you come over here, Quint?" I asked, taking my hand from his grasp. He held a little tighter before letting go.

"I told you why. I was watching you. I been out here with my boys. I saw you writing," he pointed over to my laptop in the passenger seat, "then I notice when you finished and now you look like you need some company." A playful smile tugged at his lips, which caused me to smirk and roll my eyes.

"Mm. And how don't I know you're just trying to get in my car only to kill me or something?" I asked jokingly. He laughed, stepping back and shoving his hands in to the pockets of the hoodie he was wearing.

"Well, it's either that or you on your own for a while because last time I check, ya girl was having a good time with one of my bro's and I don't see that slowing down anytime soon."

I let my head fall back onto the head rest. "Seriously Monica." I said to myself. I looked over at Quint, who had been staring at me, but made no move to avert his attention. He wait for me to answer him.

I reached over, unbuckling my seatbelt and got out of the front seat. I stared up at him, then motioned towards the back seat.

"Get in."

"You are so gross!" I squealed, playfully hitting Quint on his chest. He laughed and tightened his grip on the hand that was on my waist.

It was now 2am. Quint and I had been talking and getting to know each other for nearly an hour and the party was just as live as when Monica and I had arrived.

My back was against the passenger side back door and my legs were laid across Quint's lap. He was sitting up right in the driver side back seat, grazing his fingers back and forth across my legs, occasionally squeezing my toes, while his other side was around my waist, holding me up to his side.

I would be lying if I said I hadn't gotten to like the man I was getting to know. Quint was sweet and funny and we were talking about some really deep stuff, which I could tell he had started to get uncomfortable with because he changed the subject fairly quickly.

I glanced up at Quint through my eyelashes and I caught him staring again.

"What?" I whispered to him, picking at a string on his shirt. His tongue darted out to lick his lips.

"You know you're beautiful?" He asked, flattening his hand across my thigh. My heart beat quickened at this action and I felt like I had a huge lump in my throat. I shook my head.

He chuckled.

"Well you are. So beautiful..." His hooded eyes never left mine.

"Can I kiss you, V?" He licked his lips once again and straightened in his seat. Did i want to kiss him? Hell yes. Was it right? I didn't know. Was it wrong to kiss a strange boy I didn't know? Most definitely. At this point i was tired of playing it safe. I wanted to be like Monica in this moment. Outgoing, Sexy, Confident. Hell, it wasn't like I would ever see him again anyways.

I placed my hands on either side of his face, bringing his lips to mine. They were so soft and we moved together in perfect symphony. His hand crept further up my thigh and I could feel his tongue slowly graze above my lower lip, asking for entry. One hand stayed placed on his cheek, the other arm sneaking around his neck to deepen our kiss. This felt good. So good.

His lips left mine, traveling down my neck. I closed my eyes and my head fell back, giving him further access. Our movement's almost became animalistic. In one moment he was soft and gentle, as was I. But something flashed between us and the want of feeling him inside me deepened. He pulled back to lift his shirt over his head and I did the same, taking in his tattooed covered chest and arms. He was amazing.

"Damn, V. you're so fucking sexy." He murmured, latching on the swell of my breast just above my bra. I whimpered, wishing his mouth would go lower. He looked up at me with a sly grin.

"Are you sure you want to-" Before he could finish I cut him off with a passionate kiss, pushing him back so that i was now on top of him.

"Quint, just stop talking." I said, making fast movements to discard my underwear and unbutton his pants. His breathing hitched when my fingered grazed his manhood. I pulled the top of his boxers down, causing his dick to spring free and my eyes widened.

Quint laughed at my reaction, grasping his erection firmly.

"I assume you like what you see?" 

Without another thought or word, I moved Quint's hand to replace it with my own, and positioned him  at my entrance, before lowering down onto him.

"oh my fucking god." He breathed, gripping my hips tightly. I let out a moan and slowly started to move up and down on him. I gripped tightly into his shoulders. It had never felt this good for me. He was so thick and he was hitting every part of me just right.

"Quint," I moaned. His lips attached to my neck and he kissed me down to my breast, were he took my nipple into his mouth and grazed his tongue against it. When I started to circulate my hips, his hand went up and landed a loud smack to my ass, which made me moan in pleasure.

"fuck, you're so sexy baby," he growled, gripping my ass harder in his hands so he could thrust himself into me. This movement had him hitting against my clit and I was nearing my peak.

"yes, just like that." I breathed. I leaned forward to kiss him and our tongues danced around with each other, but it was hard for me to focus on the kiss when down below felt so good. His pace  became even faster and I knew I was going to last much longer. My walls started to squeeze him even tighter and I could feel a warmness creep up and spread across my body.

"Quint i'm gonna cum." I moaned into his ear, which only encouraged him to speed up. He gripped my hips tighter as he plunged into me. Each thrust was followed by a grunt and he leaned forward to kiss just below my ear.

"cum for me, baby." And that was my undoing.

"fuckkkk. Oh my god." I could feel the tingles all over my body and my legs began to shake on either side of me.

Quint let out a loud moan and I could feel him let go in side of me. I couldn't hold myself up any longer and fell against his  chest as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the side of my face.

"you good?" he mumbled against my cheek, and I nodded. We stayed like this for a few minutes, before a loud knock to the window pulled us down from our after high. I instinctively covered my exposed breast and jerked my head to see who had caught us.

Monica stood on the other side with a raised eyebrow and a knowing  smirk across her lips. I rolled my eyes and looked down at Quint, who had a grin spread across his face.

"That's your friend right?" He laugh, and I laughed along with him.

"Yes it is. I guess that's my que." I said, getting up from his lap, and reaching forward to the glove compartment to grab a few napkins. I cleaned myself and Quint as best as I could before pulling my underwear back up and opening the car door.

"well, did you have fun?" Monica teased, glancing over my shoulder at Quint who was getting out of the car as well.

I gave her a look before turning to Quint and wrapping my arms around his waist.

"It was nice meeting you. But we gotta go." I said to him. He pushed my hair from my face and nodded.

"I'll catch you around." He leaned forward and placed a sweet kiss to my forehead and I closed my eyes, savoring the moment, before we released each other and he took off back towards the house, letting the crowd engulf him. .

Monica cleared her throat and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Get in the car and shut up." I said. She held her hands up and rounded the car to get into the the passenger seat. I took my place in the driver seat and strapped myself in, before pulling out of my parking spot and heading  towards our apartment.

The ride was fairly silent. i was so embarrassing from being caught, I didn't want to talk about meeting Quint. I knew it was killing Monica to ask me , but I just wasn't in the mood. I had never done something like that and she knew the type of person i was,  so i'm sure she was just as surprised as I was. The silence was broken by her.

"Did you at least get his number?" she asked, and I looked over at her before we both burst out laughing.

2 months.

That's how much time had passed and I thought about Quint daily. I had been so consumed by what had happened between us that I hadn't even thought to get any more of his information. I had just known in that moment I was so embarrassed, I just wanted to go. Which I regret, because I would catch myself almost every night thinking about what Quint and I had shared. Before the sex, Quint and I had exchanged stories about ourselves and made jokes and he made me feel like he really cared about what i was saying. The whole time I spoke to him, he kept eye contact with me and answered back with such enthusiasm. Talking to him and telling him these random moments in my life made me feel good. He had made me feel good. I had tried to push him from my mind some days,  but he always made his way back. I had even asked Monica if she knew anything from talking to his friend, unfortunately she knew just as much as I did.

I was pulled from my thoughts as a feeling of nausea suddenly came over me, and i took off into the hall bathroom of our apartment, throwing up this mornings breakfast.

"Vivi, you okay?" Monica asked with genuine concern. She crouched down beside me and moved my hair back from my face and more contents of my stomach emptied into the toilet. Monica's face screwed up in disgust.

"I love you V, but I can't do throw up." She stated, getting up from beside me and heading  back down the hall into the kitchen. I could hear her grab a glass and cut the sink on, before cutting it off and making her way back to me.

"Here." She handed me the water and i took it from her, gulping it down. She took a seat again beside me and watched me.

"What, Mon?" I asked. She was giving me a look like she knew something i didn't.

"How do to feel, V? Like .. you look different but how do you feel? Are your breast sore?" She gave me a curious look. Now that she had said something, my breast did ache. I felt horrible from vomiting and now the smell that consumed the bathroom was making me nauseous again.

"What are you getting at?" I gave her an annoyed look.

"V, it's been two months since you had your little night with Quint. Now look at you. It's freaking obvious. " She said, jumping up again and heading straight into her room.

"Mon,  where are you going?" I said, jumping up and going after. She was digging under her bathroom sink, before standing and handing me a pink box. A pregnancy test.

"Monica have you lost your mind?" I glared at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Have YOU? you've got to be dumb if you don't know what's going on. Take the damn test." She took the box from me, tearing it open and handing it to me. I  took it and stared down at it. I couldn't be, could I? What if i was? I couldn't do this alone. I couldn't find Quint anywhere and highly doubt it would be any easier if I found out I was having his kid. I looked back up at Mon who was watching me, waiting for me.

I sighed, pulling my panties down and positioning myself over the toilet before peeing on the test. I sat it on the corner of the sink, wiped and pulled my panties up before washing my hands and going to stand over by Monica.

She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. 

"It will be okay, V. Whatever the outcome, you know i'm always here. We're in this together."

I nodded against her shoulder and closed my eyes.

It seemed like years before the test was finally done. I didn't want to look. I gave worried glance to Monica and she gave me a small push, before crossing her arms and biting on her thumb nail nervously,

I took in a deep shaky breath before picking up the test. There it was, plain as day. I could feel a deep wail form in my chest and bubble up towards my lips, bursting free. I could feel my body crash to its knees and Monica wrap me in her tight embrace. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt hot tears form, blurring the words staring back at me.

Positive.

~Alright there we go.
I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. I don't know how i feel about it. this was just to get it going and now we can get into the good stuff.

please let me know what you think comment comment comment. trust me, the feedback it welcomed.

- Lex ~

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

492 23 21
"Your body speaks louder than your words,"- he said adamantly. "Your beautiful face is trying to hide emotions, but your eyes are giving you away." H...
42.5K 2.1K 33
Brie Sheridan has had her heart broken way too many times. Rhett Price is usually the culprit, but, this time, he might be the solution. ...
31.1K 2.2K 58
♤VOL 1: Book III in the FORBIDDEN series♤ ♠♤ "Have you ever been in love?" I didn't know what to say to that. My skin heated with an embarrassed, u...
168 30 28
The first year of college is a learning experience in and out of the classroom, as Fran is quickly finding. Her relationship with sultry Greek Conn h...