Predestination

Da mayL_23

Someone turns up when you least expect it. Someone turns up when you need it. Someone turns up when you've w... Altro

1 - Surprised
2 - Processing
3 - Wandering
4 - Wondering
5 - Cover
6 - Whenever
7 - Tears
8 - Silent
9 - Missing
10 - Changed
11 - Further
12 - New
13 - Observations
14 - Preparations
15 - Surprise
16 - Unsettled
A/N
17 - Beginning
18 - Hear
19 - In Tune
20 - Assignment
21 - Ready
22 - Careful
23 - Almost
24 - Meeting
25 - Mornings
26 - Knocking
27 - Silent Treatment
28 - Listen
29 - Comeback
30 - Clarity
31 - Back
32 - Surface
33 - Realize
34 - Waking Up
35 - Unravelling
36 - Truth
37 - New Morning
38 - Forces
39 - Unwell
40 - Awake
41 - Getting There
42 - Off Road
43 - Docked
44 - Morning
45 - Shattered
46 - Searching
47 - Open Eyes
48 - Waves
49 - Next
50 - Going Back
51 - Office Work
52 - Green
53 - Claim
54 - Proof
55 - Into the Night
56 - Breakfast
57 - Call
58 - Awake
59 - Professionals
60 - One of Those Days
61 - Late
62 - Calm
63 - Delivery
64 - Statement
65 - What Matters Most
66 - Visit
67 - Dinner
68 - Input
70 - The Plunge
71 - Tired
72 - Time
73 - Connection
74 - Answers
75 - Voice
76 - In the Now
77 - Present
78 - Gift
79 - Pile
80 - Blessed
81 - Until

69 - Always a Beginning

1.6K 108 15
Da mayL_23

"I think you can relax now. He's here."

Krist glanced at his friend then to where she indicated, across the room.

At first he though there was a some sort of a commotion or a celebrity has arrived. He did a quick recap of the guest list in his head an he didn't recall a celebrity's name on it. Then the crowd parted and the camera flashes died to a minimum, he saw his dream.

Singto walked into the ballroom, eyes immediately searching. He saw the event organizer rushing to meet him, ready to usher him on stage as it was almost time for him to deliver the opening speech. Singto changed course as soon as he found where Krist was. He walked towards his partner, dismissing the organizer's pleas.

Krist was staring, he knew, but couldn't tear his eyes away. He rationalized this, saying to himself that he hasn't seen his P's suit before. He wasn't used to the other wearing anything but black in formal events. Didn't matter what he told himself, he knew that whatever Singto wore, he would still be in awe of how he took his breath away just by being in the same room.

"Kit," Singto parked himself infront of Krist. "Sorry I'm late. Traffic was worse than expected."

"P' you look..." Unable to continue yet unable to stop himself, Krist raised a hand to glide down Singto's lapel.

"Khun Singto, sorry to rush you but you have to take the stage now." The organizer, having caught Singto, ushered the CEO to the stage.

Before Singto let himself be led away, he took Krist's hand and said "Are you ready?"

"For what?" Krist replied.

Singto just winked.

"Before anything else, allow me to apologize for being late. I know it's frowned upon that I be late to my first company event as the new CEO, but traffic was way worse than expected."

The crowd was silent after that. They were used to the stiff CEO they encounter everyday at work, this Singto that was late and apologized for being so, was new. The light-hearted tone of his opening line was new. The Singto in front of them was new.

"Now that we've got that out of the way, on to the real speech." Singto became aware of the silence that greeted him. He decided to plunge forward. "This year has been a year of change and a year of firsts. I know most of you, before I took over the reigns from my Por, knew me only as a correspondence or from an email you may have received once or twice. Some knew me as the CEO's son, nothing more. Allow me to offer my sincerest gratitude to each and every one of your that trusted my leadership and accepted the challenges I presented."

Silence.

"There have been a lot of changes, not only in leadership, but also in the style of leadership. I know most of you have worked in this company before I was even born and have been working hand in hand with my Por through those times, I thank you also for that. To the few that have worked with me from the beginning and have moved with me to this new chapter, your dedication and hard work are very much appreciated. To the newer employees that may have been shocked by the strict CEO, congratulations on making it to the new year with us, if you're still here, you must have done something right, which means you'll be here next year."

*crickets*

"Congratulations on a successful year and may the next be as fruitful and more successful. Cheers and enjoy the night."

Silence - then applause.

Singto made his way to the table Krist was seated at. He was aiming to seat beside Krist when the organizer took his elbow, signalling for him to remain standing.

"Khun Singto?"

"Yes?" Singto responded with more ice than was necessary.

Krist peered at his boss, noticing the way his jaw tick as his eyes turned towards the organizer. He had to look away, else show the pity he feels for the sting the organizer will be feeling once his P' was done. He had a feeling it would not be appreciated. The organizer petite, looked strict and organized. She looked to be a powerful woman, a no none sense worker that in any other situation Singto would appreciate, just not that one.

"Your seat is over there sir."

"Excuse me?"

The organizer pointed to a table to the other side of the room. He would in fact be almost at the center of the room, all eyes would be on him if Singto were to sit there. Maximum exposure, surrounded by people in power.

"And what's wrong with this seat?" Singto indicated the empty seat beside Krist. "There is no name plate, which means it's vacant, correct?"

Krist was thinking Say yes, move on.

"Yes sir it is." The organizer answered. Krist sighed in relief, which was short lived when she continued "You are arranged to be seated at that table."

"That table?"

"Yes sir."

Just give it up. Krist sent the petite woman's way.

In a low voice, Singto kept on, "The table where the previous CEO is seated, together with the board of directors, beside the table where the investors are seated at, in front of the table where most of the managers are? Is that the table you are referring to?"

"Um..."

"So you're saying that that table," Singto indicated the table with an incline of his head "is preferable for the current CEO to sit at, rubbing elbows and chit chatting with people in power, than sitting with his employees that are the backbone of the company?"

Though Singto's voice was low and soft, for only Krist and a handful to hear, Singto's tone was biting enough for his message to come across.

"That seat would be more advantageous for the CEO rather than sitting with his employees who we are celebrating with their contribution to the year that just concluded where they spent hours slaving away, pouring blood, sweat and tears, for this event and your project to come to fruition? Is that the though behind the seat assignment?"

Krist chanced a look at the organizer who was looking everywhere but at Singto. Their eyes met and Krist shook his head ever so slightly, to throw the poor woman a bone.

"Ah... Of course not Khun Singto. It was just an option. This seat," She checked her clipboard. "is vacant and can be occupied, should you wish it so. It is entirely your choice sir."

"That is good to hear. Now, I will be seated with my employees. Is that acceptable?"

"Of course sir. Wherever you choose to seat is entirely up to you, as long as it is vacant and available."

"Thank you." Singto sat, without sparing the organizer a glance.

The petite woman took that as her get away and said "If you would excuse me Khun Singto, I will see to the, um, dinner. Excuse me sir."

Singto looked around the table. The occupants were all staring at him, some openly in awe with their mouths hanging open. Others were visibly shaken by the encounter.

"Sorry about that."

"Wow." One of the younger secretaries assigned to the CEO's floor said. She seemed to catch herself and covered her mouth with a hand. "

Someone else chimed in "I only heard stories. To see that first hand is... Wow."

"Glad that was not me." Another more senior staff from Singto's old team followed.

"That was a bit excessive." Krist added, to lighten the mood.

Singto turned to Krist. "What? She was annoying me. I wanted to sit with you. Besides, who would want to sit with those people. They would be talking about investments and business half of the time anyway." His answer was for Krist, forgetting that they had company. Company that was stunned silent for a moment and was laughing a moment later. "Let's sit back and enjoy the night. I'd rather not talk about business until we start a new year at the office."

Conversation gradually started to rise around their table. Krist leaned slightly into his P'. "I wanted to save the woman but it was amusing to watch. I held on as long as I could before throwing her a lifeline." Krist looked around the table, making certain no one was hearing them. "As hot as you looked making that poor woman shake in her heels, try not to scare any more people tonight, ok?"

"So you're saying I don't scare you?" Singto whispered.

"Babe, when have I ever been scared of you?" Krist whispered back.

"We'll see." Singto replied, his hands gliding along Krist's inner thigh, under the table.

-- --

The night wore on, the celebration began to wind down. Krist looked around the table, seeing his co-workers laughing and exchanging stories with each other, it made his insides warm. He didn't have relations at work or at all with anyone outside of a few close friends and Mek. He was always so focused on making things work and ends meet to think of 'wasting time with trivial matters such as making friends'. Now, as he looked at each member of the CEO's team, to Marian, his new friend and to his P' who seem to have thawed from the moment he took the reigns as CEO, his heart felt full.

Singto sensed a shift in Krist's mood. He turned, "What's wrong?" He asked, hand going to Krist's back.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. Everything's fine. Perfect."

"You sure? Do you want to leave?"

"What? No, no. I'm fine. Let's enjoy the night."

"Alright. Let me know if anything changes."

"Yes P'."

"Um, excuse me, Khun Singto?" The organizer was back.

Singto winked at Krist before answering. "What?"

"Um, Sir, Um... Before the celebration ends, may we ask you for your closing speech?"

"Now?"

"If it's not too much trouble."

"Give me 5 minutes."

"Alright. I'll come back after 5 Sir."

Singto's reply was a nod, the organizer scurried away.

-- --

"This new year symbolizes new beginnings, new chapters. We cannot move forward without looking back. We must remember where we've been, what we've done, who we've met along the way. Having said that, let us all look forward to the new year, together."

"Before you get all excited, the new year would bring new projects, new work and new schedules, that hopefully will not be as crazy as the one we've had." That earned Singto a few nervous laughs from the audience and a guffaw from his Por. He smiled towards the former CEO, who, in turn, toasted him with his wine glass.

"On a more serious note," Singto continued. "I would like to thank everyone for bearing with me. Well, you didn't have much choice. From the day I started as the new CEO, up til today, I have felt your support and confidence in me and the team I had join with me here in the Bangkok office."

Singto paused to survey the room, his eyes settling on Krist. He saw his partner alternately chatting with the table and looking at him. He knew that though Krist was entertaining the conversation he was in, his attention was more on Singto than the group. It always amazed him how Krist was abe to divide his attention yet keep the important details in mind and keep up with whatever was occupying his time, however many they were.

"This past year has been a year of firsts, I find. It was the first I saw how important it was to prioritise not only the business but the people that help you run it. You are all privy to my journey. This past year was the first that anyone, I think, saw me smile in the office. It was also the first where I was forced to interact with people, aside from the ones I have with you in the meeting rooms. I know this has come as a shock to those that know how I work and a pleasant enough experience to those that I have been in contact with in and out of the company. I guess you can thank one person for that." He looked around the room, all eyes were on him, all conversation halted, waiting for his next words.

Krist was also looking at him. Singto could see the panic that has almost set in is face. From the distance he was from Krist, he could see the range of emotion running through Krist's features. They have not talked fully of what he was about to say. They have discussed the possibilties, the setbacks and the positives of where they were, but have not come to any conclusion on what they were to do. This was going to be the boldest decision Singto has ever done in his life, risking not only business but Krist as well.

"It may come as a shock to you, not to a handful, that I have been influenced by a very important person in my life, on this change."

He looked at his Por, who for some reason was more at attention than he was a moment ago. He seemed to realize where Singto's speech was going. The former CEO looked relieved, after a visible moment of shock, for lack of a better word to describe how Singto's Por looked when he started on that 'special someone' speech. He looked from his son, to where Krist was seated then back. Khun Boonrod smiled and nodded to his son, giving his blessing.

Singto returned the smile. Encouraged by this, he continued. "You might ask what it has to do with you, well it's not of any importance to you individually but I see this time as an opportunity for us, as a company to move forward." He had everyone's attention now.

Max looked to Tul for confirmation that he was hearing where Singto was going with this. Tul only held his hand and indicated for him to pay attention. Tul looked to his cousin. He was sending encouragement with his look and his smile. He wasn't sure if this was the right time for Singto's 'confession' - if you will, but thought it was as good a time as any. He has cemented his decision, one that he has thought was the right one since starting in the company, in his position, backing the current CEO all the way. He mouthed, when he saw Singto looking his way, 'With you Cuz.'

Further encouragement that Singto was doing the right thing.

Tay, who was standing to the side of the stage, walked to his table to claim New's hand. Both seated to the right of the stage, nodded to Singto.

"I mentioned at the start of the night that this past year has been a year of change and a year of firsts. Allow me to further that change with this thought." He looked squarely at Krist as he said the next words. "Acceptance is key to any success we may have. Acceptance that there are things in this world which are not deemed as normal or ordinary. I have encouraged this thought in every project we have done, under my leadership. I would like to think that I have introduced this thought into the work that we have produced."

He looked around the room, ensuring that all eyes were on him. He continued. "I have encouraged you to think out of the box, and I would continue to do so in the years to come, as long as I am leading this company. There have been opposition, unwelcoming of the change and the individual strength we have that make up our whole as a company. I welcome opposition and I welcome the challenge. I believe it will only make us stronger and stand together to accomplish even greater things."

"I think I'm veering away from the point I'm trying to make. My point is, simply, to continue the direction we have been going and to improve where we need to improve, continue where we need to go, and enrich where we need to build on."

Applause.

"To close the night and to officially start the new fiscal year, I would like to announce, in full transparency, that I will be going on a month-long leave of absence."

Gasp.

"After firmly welcoming the new year and setting up the projects lined up, I will be handing over the reigns to Khun Tul Pakorn, to take over for me as I try to have a break."

"What is he talking about?" Singto heard from a few tables away.

"I'm getting married."

Silence.

Singto looked across the room. His Por was smiling contentedly. MaxTul was stunned, more because it was uncharacteristic for Singto to share something private. New was smiling widely. Tay on the other hand was laughing, tears leaking down his face. He looked around the sea of faced, each registering shock and question. He searched for the one face that mattered, the seat was empty. He looked to the right, Marian signaled Krist's direction. True enough, that one person he needed was rushing out of the room.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to go propose. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the night."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerร  anche

287K 8.1K 137
"๐‘ป๐’‰๐’†๐’“๐’†'๐’” ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’๐’š ๐’๐’ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’š ๐’๐’‡ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’Š๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’†๐’š๐’†๐’” ๐’š๐’๐’–'๐’๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’…๐’–๐’Ž๐’ƒ ๐’ƒ๐’๐’๐’๐’…๐’†."
211K 434 21
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
16.2K 1.3K 34
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.