Night Disease

Door kipekipe

UNDERGOING EDITS/COMPLETED A day can change your life in an instant, just like one decision can change the pa... Meer

Author note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 7

466 27 4
Door kipekipe

It's been ruffly a month since we got here and life was moving smoothly, well as smoothly as it can with the circumstances. Currently, I am in zombie evasion class and they are taking us out of the fenced area for some 'hands-on training, I think they just want to force the fear of being a bit washed away but I have no objections. Everyone else thought I am not sure some look like they might vomit their faces are so white, I plan to keep my distance if any signs of possible vomit show.

Plus, fresh air never hurt anyone and I have been feeling claustrophobic. Moving around is kind of my thing, especially being able to teleport and vamp wherever I want. More of my group mates begin to whiten as we exit the gated area into an open section beside the fence. More guards have been placed in this area in case of any accidents, the zombies have also been cleared so we only have to focus on one zombie.

"Okay today we are going to do live practice you all have practiced the techniques and safety so this should go by smoothly," Kevin says, he turns around and we all look past him to see a zombie with a safety leash around its neck. My guess is he use to be a social worker by his clothing but I won't know unless he magically turned human again. Kevin continues "we will be using this zombie for practice, for now, a practice area is being built and should be done in a few days for later practice. In case of an emergency we will pull on the leash and stop it immediately, Jacob you will go up first" Jacob nodded and jogs into the middle of the open area as we back to the fence and hop over.

Things pass smoothly as we take our turns with the zombie. Soon my turn comes up, hoping over the fence I jog to the side as the previous person hops the fence. Seeing that I am a much better target the zombies gives chase. Moving on a diagonal of the fence I move at a slow jog. Remembering to stay at least 3 cars' lengths away I stay my pace, leading the zombie around the gated area following the orders of my group leader I practice some of the techniques taught to us. For a few minutes, I move around the cleared area practicing until Kevin calls me back and I switch out.

The day winds down and I walk back to my room with my friends as we chat idly about our day. Sam talks about what they have been doing in class and to no surprise I already know the stuff. "So what have you been doing lately?" Liam asks to my right.

"Nothing much today we did live zombie evasion and that was fun," I say shrugging my shoulders.

"By live you mean real zombie-like zombie chasing you kind of zombie?" Jen asks with wide eyes.

I turn to her smiling "yep."

"Where? How? And why are you smiling?" Jen says flailing her arms around.

I let out a small chuckle "we went outside the fence and they cleared the area, don't worry they had guards around and the zombie was on a leash in case of emergency."

"But you could have gotten a hurt or worse bit," she says getting more worried.

"Oh, Jen you do remember that my job requires me to be out of the fence and that it is really hard for me to get hurt," I say the last part in a hinting tone.

"But what if-" I cut her off exasperated.

"Jen do you remember what I told you at the school about you know what," I say getting tired of her cluelessness.

"But but...oooh right now I remember," she says recalling our conversation in the classroom.

Stopping in front of our door I turn to everyone "ya now let's drop this topic 'cause we are at our room, we will see you in the morning Liam have a good night, ladies let's get some rest" dismissing the conversation we say our goodnights and head inside the room.

Soon all of us are laying in our beds ready for sleep. "So this month has been exciting don't you guys think so?" Sam asks. A chorus of hums in agreement goes around. "I just can't believe what the world has come to especially in a short amount of time, just over a month ago I was worrying if my hairstyle would look good with what outfit and now all I care about is staying alive to see another day."

"You're right I guess I was so caught up with what has been going on I never stopped to think about what has happened, " Kaitlyn says.

"There's nothing we can do to change that then change how we see things all we can do is move on and hope for the best, just look around people are getting along and working together in a way that we never have before.

"And just look at us a group of young teens band together in unimaginable circumstances but are happy, yes we almost died but that happens every day we just don't think about it every time we got into a car we could have died but that never stopped us from doing it we just learned to not think about it. Now, all we need to do is learn to do the same thing but with this new reality because you never know you might like this one better." After my little speech, we all say our good night pondering over what I said.

Quietly changing I teleport out of our room into the clearing outside of the fence quickly taking off into the trees soon after. Lifting my senses I search for an animal to eat. Catching the scent of a rabbit I take off in its direction continuing my hunt. After my quick meal, I begin my rounds quietly checking the forest for any unwanted guests.

Resting in a tree about a mile out of the fenced area I catch some voices below, looking around I sniff the air. Werewolves rogues to be precise, what are they doing out here I don't know, nothing good I presume. Quietly I drop out of the tree taking some wind I blow it on me in the opposite direction of the werewolves hiding my scent, I also rub some leaves and bark of plants around me just in case.

I sit in some bushes watching the werewolves, none have shifted but by the looks of it, they don't have backup clothes. There are seven of them in total the leader is in the middle the biggest of them all in height and build, all of them are well built some bigger than others but nothing I can't handle. I step back and purposely step on a twig snapping it in half.

The group turns around sharply searching for the one who caused the sound. I step out slightly hunched in a frightened but cautious way. "Why hello there young one what are you doing out here in the dark it's not safe with the undead around?" The leader asks about his choice ruff and scratchy.

"I could ask you the same thing," I say with my scent hidden and me hiding my vampire side they think I am human perfect.

"We just came to check out the base," the leader says, I hide my reaction and change it to look slightly confused knowing there is a true reason behind being here.

"Why look and not go in it's safe in there?" I ask faking confused. They all zone out for an extended period and I hide my surprise. They are mind linking a gift only given to packs by a witch believed by humans for werewolves to naturally have that ability is incorrect, a witch has to do a spell to give a pack or alpha the ability to mind link, how did these wolves get it.

One of the wolves nods to his leader or alpha and steps back. "Well young one we want to break in and take the base," the alpha says I let my shock show at his blunt honesty.

"I can't let you do that," I say the wolves laugh behind their alpha at my words finding the idea of a 'human' telling them no funny.

The alpha chuckles at my words before speaking "and tell me how are you supposed to stop us your nothing but a human."

At his words, I drop my act and let my vampire sideshow "a human you say that's funny coming from a werewolf" shock are evident on their faces not only at my words but at the realization that their a werewolf's senses betrayed them. I let my eyes change from their dark brown to a piercing bloody red.

"But how no species but witches can hide what they are?" one of the wolves asks

I smirk slowly pulling branches behind each wolf "well I'm not just any vampire" I say one wolf turns around and spots the branches.

"Alpha" he warns.

"Not now George," the alpha says.

"No, but alpha"

"Not now"

"No alpha look behind you"

"I said not now" as the alpha turns to face his companion he spots the branches.

"You should have listened to your wolf," I say without waiting time I wrap them up tight so they can't move.

"Witchcraft but how you're a vampire?" the alpha snarls fighting to get lost, I only tighten his binds.

"Oh but I'm not a witch yes I am a vampire but I am also something else something ancient and lost," I say moving in front of the alpha.

He snarls in my face "what are you?" he snarls still fighting.

"I am what use to be called a caster but we got wiped out thousands of years ago, my guess is some went into hiding and the blood got diluted and hidden we are another form of witches but we don't control spells or things like that, can you tell me what we do control?" I ask sweetly.

"I don't know I never heard of you people before" he snarls again man I forgot how much they snarl when aggravated.

"Person, not people there's only one and you're looking at them. To answer my question from before we control, use, and manipulate the elements we are known as elementals to some but we mostly are known as casters due to being able to cast the elements."

"Now why would I care," the alpha asks.

"No reason I just thought you might want to live longer and all, now let me finish we are stronger than witches and that's why they wanted us gone. Now enough with the history lesson who wants to die first?" I ask looking around instantly.

"No one and you will let us out if these binds now" the alpha snarls again.

"Enough with the snarling I will not let you harm these people."

"Why they are pointless nothing but useless garbage compared to us."

"That is your opinion but we all started as humans until something happened and we mutated into supernatural creates I will not let these people die ."

"You piece of sh-"

"What was that I couldn't quite hear what you tried to say at the end," I ask sweetly pulling out his heart. "Now, who's next?" Snarls great me as the answer. All I do is smile devilishly as I move from person to person pulling out their hearts.

I burn the bodies after, saves the time of having people find seven dead men with their hearts pulled out. It also saves time not having to worry about more zombies showing up at the scent of blood and dead flesh, so less to worry about.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

1.9M 171K 153
This is a second view point from my original story - A Different Virus - Heartfire. I highly advise reading the original book first. Intro: Laura wa...
15.2K 772 51
"Who's out there?" One of the men yelled. Of course only silence met them. I remained quiet and waited for the group to start moving again. "Maybe i...
851 59 22
I see you're awake finally. Let me explain, I'm the overseer, and my name is Hayley, I will guide you on your journey through this time era. Your nam...
2.6K 386 79
Luna Vis woke up one morning, or rather one night, to the dim light of the moon. It was a day that started like any other, but turned out unlike any...