Queen of the Wolves ✔️

By spicycaramel_

Werewolves? She lived a world where being mundane was rare. In a world where werewolves existed. In a world... More

The Queen of the Wolves
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1 | The Lost Maiden Warrior (e)
Chapter 2 | This Can't Be Him
Chapter 3 | When I Left Him
Chapter 5 | In Other Words
Chapter 6 | And So It Begins
Chapter 7 | Tears? But Why?
Chapter 8 | Await Me
Chapter 9 | I Know Who You Are
Chapter 10 | Oh My Goddess...
Chapter 11 | They Were Talking About You
Chapter 12 | I Never Meant To
Chapter 13 | Whatever it Takes
Chapter 14 | Mine
Chapter 15 | Heat Had Begun
Chapter 16 | Passionate?
Chapter 17 | As The Horizon Consumes The Sun
Chapter 18 | It's Too Late
Chapter 19 | Just Wait and Watch
Chapter 20 | My Everything
Chapter 21 | The Coronation?
Chapter 22 | Why?
Chapter 23 | Roses Stained In Blood
Coranation Details
Chapter 24 | Completely Heartless
Chapter 25 | The Rainstorm Ceases
Chapter 26 | With You
Epilogue
New Book! [please read]

Chapter 4 | A Wave of Strong Déjàvu

6.1K 184 10
By spicycaramel_

"I love you. You're mine. I'll kill any bastard who tries to take you from me."
-Samantha Young, On Dublin Street

My eyelids flutter open as the solid silver door opens automatically. I was sleeping, more like trying to sleep. All because I prefer sleeping over crying. A wave of strong déjàvu flows over me as I reminisce the same emotions and feelings I experienced two years ago. An undistinguished silhouette enters the cell. Too drained out to strain my eyes at the source of light I shut them close again.

    Jake walks closer and removes the silver handcuffs on my wrists. He observes my wrists closely as he sees no burnt marks on them. Silver doesn't affect me as it does for other wolves. What can I say? Advantages of being Silverette. He raises his eyebrows questioningly while I avoid the question with a shrug. He notes me with a sharp look and helps my stand up. I wince as a thousand needles prick my feet. He tightens his hold on me.

    He seats me down on a barstool nearby switches on the fluorescent light. My eyes roam for my sneakers I had removed before he handcuffed me. He picks my shoes up and dumps them in front of me. I try to crouch down but, straighten up as my spine aches from the static position I laid in, for a long time.

    Jake bends down and puts my shoes on me. As he finishes tying up my shoelace, I try saying a thank you which sounded more like a frog croaking, all credits to my parched throat. "Can you walk or do you want me to carry you?" he asks. I shake my head indicating a no and get up grasping the wall for support. Jake rolls his eyes at my stubbornness and sweeps me up in bridal style.

    He carries me to a branded luxury car, opens the front seat and sits me down on the seat. Then walks to the driver's seat and starts driving. I turn towards him to ask him where he was taking me, but once again my parched throat betrays me and it turns out like a croak. Jake chuckles and reaches for a water bottle. I grab it and drink. Some sort of substance touches my tongue after about eighteen hours because I only had lunch yesterday. The cool liquid flows through my throat soothing it in the way.

    I finish the bottle quickly, cap it up and hand it over to him. He deposits it in the back seat. I clear my throat and begin, "So..." And he turns towards my direction.  Knowing my unspoken question he answers, "Alpha wanted me to bring you to his house." "But he is the one who wanted me to leave, right?" I reply thoughtfully. What the hell is he even thinking? I hate dealing with these bipolar personalities.

    "You don't get how hard this is for him, Blythe!" he snaps. My temper rises up the thermometer almost reaching the top. "Oh really? I'm not asking him to do this! He could've just let me go if I'm being a burden to him. I'm not asking for him, his embrace, his love and whatnot. He could've just let me go yesterday. I did no fault. He had to punish me for trespassing. Fine! His duty as an Alpha, I appreciate. He could've let me go today. But hell no! He wants me to be there but, it's hard for him. You know what Jake, just tell him to get lost!"

    The car halts immediately. He lets out a sigh and closes his eyes briefly. He opens his eyes, turning to me. "Blythe," he pauses, "I get it. You are angry at him for his sudden decisions. But I can't tolerate you insulting my Alpha at any occasion. He said that he'll talk it out with you. You are his mate and he is the King of Alphas. He needs his mate by his side. And give him some time. When you rejected him last time it was" He gulps. "Difficult. He wen-, please talk and figure it out."

    He gets out of the car and comes over to open my door. I open it and get out before he does. He gives a pointed look but motions me to follow him.

    Only now do I pay attention to my surroundings. Let me think of an appropriate word for this. This is sophisticated and elegant. Must cost a lot. He's the king after all. I'm at the god damn freaking royal palace. The royal palace. I wonder how Tessa will react to this.

    Maverick. The word means independent-minded. Which he definitely is. He was the King after all. I definitely knew about him.

    Upon my small recollection regarding my mate. We had reached his office. Jake knocks on the wooden carved door and without waiting for a response, enters the office. Maverick sits behind a hand-carved, antique looking table, signing some papers. He briefly glances at us and continues his work.

    I shift on my feet impatiently. He closes the file and turns to us. "Jake, take her to the bedroom on the second floor. Also bring the file on the Blue Moon Pack," he stated and returned to his work. My temper thermometer bursts out as I glare at him with all my might. If looks could kill, he would be dead by now.

    But unaware of the situation, my stomach picks the very wrong moment to grumble. My glare vanishes as my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

    Without raising his head he mumbles again, "Also feed her." That's the final count and here I go...

    "Who the hell do you think you are?" I question. He looks up at me, cocking an eyebrow questioningly. I decide to continue, "Just because you are the King, it doesn't mean I have to put up with you. You told me to leave yesterday. Okay. You sent for me to be brought today. Okay. Now you barely notice me. What's the purpose? I know I made some mistakes. No actually, a HUGE mistake. I want to rectify the situation. But when you're not even talking to me, it's so damn difficult."

    As I wind up my little speech, I see a ghost of a smile on his lips. But he quickly masks it with a stolid expression.

    "I really am busy right now. Return to your room. I'll definitely talk you later," he declares. My scowl deepens. The work is important than me... He sighs, "Blythe, stop being impossible. I said I will talk to you. Please..." He adds.

    My name sounds so perfect rolling off his tongue. 'Blythe, he said please. Maybe the situation is something serious.' My wolf tells siding her mate. I mutter a, "Fine" and turn towards the door.

    But my clumsy feet make me trip over nothing. Jake standing next to me, quickly grabs my wrist and supports my waist. As I stand on my feet properly again. I hear an ear piercing growl.

    "TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF HER, JAKE"

    Jake quickly takes his hands back and averts his gaze. I turn to see Maverick shaking with anger. Anger rolls off him in waves.

    The office door is thrown open and a dark-haired, well built, muscular guy enters. "Chris, take her to her room on the second floor." My mate tells. Chris looks between me, Jake and Maverick confusedly. "NOW!" Maverick commands.

     Chris bows his head down and motions me to follow him. I close my hanging jaw as continue to stare at Maverick. Chris clears his throat and I turn to look at him. He looks at me with pleading eyes. I follow him not wanting to face the wrath of my mate but not before mumbling, "He just caught me from falling."

    Chris leads me up a staircase. He falls back to walk beside me. "Will Jake be okay?" I ask him. He turns to me, gazes and turns front again. "I think so. Rick was just angry because Jake touched you. His wolf couldn't register the fact that it was for your safety. Once Rick gets him under control, Jake will be fine. He wouldn't hurt his best friend aka Beta." He explains. I just nod.

    "You get that, although you are our Luna, we still consider you as our little sister, right?" I look up at his hazel brown eyes. He continues, "Both Jake and me, we'll care for you like brothers. Unbiological ones. As you know I may be the Gamma but I'm also a best friend of Rick. All three of us, Rick, Jake and I, we grew up together. You and Rick... You guys will figure it out. You're irresistible too much." I look at him awed.

    He stops walking. "You know when you rejected Rick. He only told both of us. Me and Jake, we vowed to make your life hell if we ever see you again. But the moment we saw you, despite all your reasoning and whatnot, our angers were forgotten." He points to the door we were standing in front of. "Refresh and rest a bit. I'll have food brought up here." He sees me in and leaves.

    The room is a well-planned, spacious one with a king-sized, hand carved bed with extra comfortable pillows in the center, walk-in closet and an attached bathroom complete with a Jacuzzi. I enter the closet, to find it filled with clothes fitting me perfectly. I opt for a pair of sweats and a baggy t-shirt. I get out of my black dress shirt, now ripped and bloody. I take a soothing long shower, dry myself and change into my clothes.

    As re-enter the bedroom, I hear two soft knocks. I open the door to see a plump maid with food on a tray. I take the tray and thank her with a smile. She bows and quickly leaves. Despite all the day's drama, I feel hungry. For your information, I'm a great foodie. I finish my steak in record timing. I pick my phone and try calling Ronnie and Tessa. But both go to voicemails. I leave messages saying that I met him again and assure them that I'm safe. I deposit my phone on the bedside table and plop on the bed trying to sleep.

    Unable to sleep, I creep out of my room. The carpeted wooden floor creaks as I walk through the silent corridor on tip-toes, barefooted. In search of what, I don't know. Probably something recreational. I open a wooden door, after straining to hear nobody inside. It seems to be a drawing room. I shut the door silently and continue my parade through the silent corridors. My mind wanders to him as usual and all of a sudden the chaos of the world seem distant.

    I reach another door, larger than both my room door and the drawing room door put together. I open it to find a library so I walk in closing the door. I find myself searching for something to read as I'm also a great reader. I grab "Of Yesteryear by Lauren Eden" and settle down on a deep red couch in front of the fire place.

    I open the book to my favourite poem and begin reading. "His eyes were corn flower blue, the hue of the most magical things in life, the sea, the sky, and all my reasons why..."

    Without myself knowing I drift into a deep sleep, dreaming of blue eyes.

**********

Hi guys,
Hope you liked it.
Vote and Comment if you liked it.
Love y'all...... Mwah.....
-Vishael

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 739 31
Althea, a unique werewolf with an extraordinary lifespan she has lived over 500 years, possessed with eternal youthfulness and remains frozen in tim...
142K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...
1.1M 43.9K 48
He found her. He chose her. Now, she must decide if she chooses him. A Silverbloods Series ©The Found One (2015)
260K 10.2K 30
Sorshas life has already been written. Before she was even a thought there was a prophecy, a terrible, painful curse upon her family. Her birth broug...