Being a Mother

Von RAWRitspenguin

Being a mother is hard. This is for all the mums out there, who experience every hardship known. Rebecca know... Mehr

Chapter 1: Fiona
Chapter 2: Trying again
Chapter 3: Dreams
Chapter 4: Hurt
Chapter 5: Troubles
Chapter 6: No time
Chapter 7: Accident
Chapter 8: Scars
Chapter 9: Loopy Medication
Chapter 10: Fighting for Nathan
Chapter 11: Lost
Chapter 12: Abi
Chapter 14: Cars
Chapter 15: Scared and Scarred
Chapter 15: Alone

Chapter 13: Can't be Bothered

3.2K 108 8
Von RAWRitspenguin

N.B Real abi, I lobe you!! :D I just needed a naame :P xxx

Abi was starting to be a very annoying person, and I couldn't get rid of her. She was constantly ringing to apologise. She had explained that she had changed her number so I couldn't contact her, but  I had bigger worries.

Such as, who had beaten up my son and daughter? Hmm.

I hummed and danced a little (it took my mind off things) while I was making a stir fry - easy peasy stuff, that tasted good. Although, I had made a bit much. I wasn't used to the proportions, as normally I would have made it for three. I guessed Daniel and I would just have to eat a little more than usual.

He plodded down the stairs and into the kitchen, where he gave me a hug around the waist. I smiled and leaned into him.

"Alright honey?" He asked. I could hear the smile in his voice even though he was behind me.

"Lovely. Although... something has been bothering me," I said. He span me round.

"What is it?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

"Well..." I looked to the side. How to phrase this... I thought. I screwed up my face and said quickly, "Someone-has-beaten-up-our-son-and-daughter-while-I-was-in-hospital-and-I-need-to-find-out-who-because-otherwise... otherwise..." I faltered, not knowing what to say next.

"Someone's beaten up our children? While you were in hospital? How? Why?" He saw that I was crying and wrapped me up in his arms. I said that I was fine, and then told him everything that I knew.

He was furious, though not at me, thankfully.

"I need some air," he uttered, before leaving. I shot a helpless glance at him, and he stared darkly back at me. There was something else in the look though... I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Guilt? the tiny voice at the back of my mind suggested, but I instantly squashed it, and ate the stir-fry by myself.

***

Well, I thought. Let's get down to business. First I would have to phone the hospital and see who visited Fi while I was in a separate ward. I thought of something, feeling a rush of excitement. Maybe Fi hadn't said much because she was in a coma! She wouldn't remember that, of course... and then I would have to phone up Mrs Ruchton and ask (politely) who had visited Nathan.

I dialled the hospital's number and waited patiently. A woman's voice answered, and I got straight to the point.

"Hello, my name is Rebecca Wilkinson. I would like to know if anyone visited my daughter Fiona while she was in hospital, and their names." She began to argue, but I pressed on. "As I am her Mother, a feel it to be a right for me to know as she is not able to make decisions on her own - let alone decide who is to see her. And also, shouldn't you have asked me first? Perhaps I could press charges against you," I finished, feeling triumphant.

"Ok," she said meekly. There was typing and clicks before she replied.

"Oh yes," she said. "It was Daniel Wilkinson."

My heart thudded, and I quickly thanked her before hanging up. I was shaking a little bit, and my shoulders felt heavy under a sudden weight. I told myself not to jump to any conclusions, and then phoned up Mrs Ruchton.

"Hello?" she asked frostily.

"Mrs Ruchton, hello. It's Rebecca," I said.

"Well the children are busy at the moment-" she started, but I interrupted.

"Sorry but I'm not phoning for that. I was just wondering who visited you while Fi and I were in hospital," I said.

"Oh!" her voice suddenly changed. It sounded a lot friendlier, as though she was in a dream. "A lovely person he was, very friendly, played with Nathan so nicely, I left him alone for a bit of father to son time..."

"Was it Daniel?" I asked breathlessly.

"Of course! Who else would be Nathan's father?" her voice suddenly grew suspicious.

I wasn't listening. The phone dropped out of my hands.

Daniel had beaten up Fi and Nathan.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

194K 14.3K 19
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
3.5K 114 10
Pequeñas historias con la cantante puertorriqueña Young Miko. No lo hago con el fin de incomodar a nadie, son pequeñas cosas que se me ocurren y simp...
282K 8.1K 77
(Fixed/Fan-TL) Top idol group Stardust, whose members disappear like dust. The group that used to have seven members ends with four members... "Is...
Alina Von ihidethisapp

Aktuelle Literatur

1.4M 36.7K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...