Tides

De moudenes

Sun, sand and waves; day in and out the constant of life at Sea Glass Beach. The upcoming surfing festival sp... Mai multe

Chapter 1 - Siblings
Chapter 2 - Grommet
Chapter 3 - Not Interested
Chapter 4 - Lawyer in the Water
Chapter 5 - The Team
Chapter 6 - Hot and Sweaty
Chapter 7 - Coffee Place
Chapter 8 - Hidden Love
Chapter 9 - Ross
Chapter 10 - Sand Facial
Chapter 11 - Crushed Ego
Chapter 12 - Models
Chapter 13 - Trainer
Chapter 14 - Blogger
Chapter 15 - The Librarian
Chapter 16 - (Un)Lucky Day
Chapter 17 - Not That Guy
Chapter 18 - Kids and Nicknames
Chapter 19 - No More Secrets
Chapter 20 - Medicine
Chapter 21 - Picnic
Chapter 22 - Sadie is Back
Chapter 23 - Looks Like Blue
Chapter 24 - River
Chapter 25 - Catch Up
Chapter 26 - One Bottle of ...
Chapter 27 - My Eyes
Chapter 28 - Letting Go
Chapter 29 - My Dax
Chapter 30 - Four Medium Baggies
Chapter 31 - A Dream
Chapter 32 - Oceancrush
Chapter 33 - Samoan
Chapter 34 - VIP Tent
Chapter 35 - Heats
Chapter 36 - Hang Ten
Chapter 38 - Crazy
Chapter 39 - Two Dates
Chapter 40 - Offer
Chapter 41 - New Begin
Chapter 42 - Congratulations
Chapter 43 - A Lovely Summer
Chapter 44 - Grilling
Chapter 45 - Plans

Chapter 37 - Unexpected Visitor

1.1K 92 18
De moudenes

SKYE

What is happening that Kay is so desperate for us to call?

"It's a message from Kay, asking to call him. Capital letters, many exclamation marks," Dax looks around the room.

"What are you waiting for? Call him! I want to hear what is going on," River sits on the bed. Maggie changes places with me and lifts his bed to make him more comfortable.

Dax dials Kay's number and activates the speaker on his phone, and we move closer to it. He answers the call but all we hear is reggae music and background noise.

"DAX! LET ME MOVE TO THE BACK OF THE BEACH AND AWAY FROM THE DAMN MUSIC!" Kay yells to compete with the sound.

We hear rustling sounds, and the noise lessens.

"Okay, I'm here. How is River doing?"

"I'm alive. Do you have any news?" River asks and I give Luna a knowing look.

"Excellent, bro! I have news, but first, did you see the videos Dad sent? He thought they might cheer you up."

"We did. Did Dylan really do a 360?" I ask.

"He did! It wasn't as elegant as what you or Dax would have done, but he landed safely and could keep on riding. I'm so damn proud of him. Look at what he achieved in a short time!"

"Any preliminary scores?" Dad asks.

"Yeah, and at the moment... WE ARE AT THE TOP!" he almost yells on the phone.

We look at each other with surprise in our eyes. We beat Oceancrush, which is nearly impossible, but we are also above other two teams. Luna moves next to Dax and holds a pad and pen ready to write the scores.

"Skye and Anthony got the same score, an 8.7. The combined from Dax and Dylan got an 8.3, and I also got an 8.7 while Corey got 8.6! Dudes, that is an average of 8.56! Can you believe it? Oceancrush is at 5.76. Crush must be so pissed," he almost giggles.

"Is that good?" River asks me while everybody else says good bye to Kay.

"That is more than good. It's amazing! Anthony and Corey are professional surfers, and we got the same or better scores than they did."

"Why do they have a low score then? It was five something, right?"

"Well, you probably heard about what happened with Ryan at the Oceancrush party. This morning, their third team member got fired on the spot. He was drunk, and that is against the rules. The Reef is a treacherous spot even when you are sober. We lost Dax's wife and got hurt there. They couldn't arrange a substitute on time."

"I want to learn more about all of this. I find it fascinating! The party planning and the tent preparations were the most fun I've had in a while. I wish I could have stayed longer yesterday, but I had to go to my treatment. Not that it helped much," River says with sadness while looking at the machine next to him.

"You need to promise us you will take good care of yourself after the surgery. We need you around. Who will model the Kalani clothes?" I wink at him, making him laugh.

I went to visit River during his treatment last week, and we spent plenty of time together at the Kalani party. Whenever I look at him, it's like looking at myself in the mirror, just a different hairstyle. River is a warm human being, and the longer you know him, the more you like him. I hope the surgery works. I want him to be around us for a long time.

"It was a nice experience. When they told me I would model, I was hesitant. Once I was dressed, I liked the clothes plenty. It's something I can definitely wear every day. Joan is talented, and you must be proud of her."

"Yeah, my baby is excellent at designing. I wonder how things will develop after the festival. Maybe she wants to work for another company."

"I think Dylan has plans in store for everybody," River smiles. As always, a lot goes on, and I'm kept out.

"Why the fuck am I the last one to know shit?" I look at everybody in the room.

"What are you talking about?" Luna asks. Dax waves his hands behind her to shut me.

"Anthony and Dax have private talks. Dax and Lottie are engaged. Now River knows of secret plans from Dylan. Are you also involved in that one?" I say specifically to Dax. My brother turns red and all the attention is on him.

"You are engaged?" Maggie and River ask in unison.

"For fuck's sake Skye! What part of waving my hands don't you get? Anthony's stuff is done under confidentiality as a lawyer, and we are still dealing with it. His plans can get ruined if any of the information comes out. I only got engaged recently. We wanted to wait until after the competition to let everybody know, but HE let it slip yesterday," Dax points at Dad who rolls his eyes like a teen. "BUT I know nothing about Dylan's plans."

"That is because he spoke to me about those plans only this morning," Dad shrugs. "He will involve you soon, but needed my permission first."

"What is it about? Why he needs your permission?" Luna asks.

"Dylan wants to turn Kalani into an ocean and winter sports brand with apparel, gear, and schools. Not for competition, just for the everyday person who enjoys practicing the sports. He needed my permission as it will involve our last name, and the stores. He will speak soon with you, plus Joan and Lottie."

"Lottie? Why her?" Dax frowns.

"Doesn't she study marketing? Come on Dax, you can't be that dumb," I say, making River laugh.

"He wants to produce my boards?" Luna looks shocked.

The moment Luna says those words, I realize the meaning of Dylan's plans. Dad said schools in the plural. A proper surfing school means better facilities; not a little shed to store boards, clothes in a bin behind the counter and a small first aid kit. I can even teach kids how to surf and be safe in the ocean. It will be a dream come true.

"Your boards and Joan's designs," Dad says. "He also wants to set up winter sports schools. I would need to find a ski teacher as I can only teach snowboarding."

"I can help you find that one. One of my friends from college does it for a living. He might do it himself or recommend someone," River says to Dad.

"River can't swim, but is an excellent skier," Maggie says with pride.

"Mom!" River looks mortified.

"What? It's something to be proud. Your brothers are excellent surfers, and you are good at skiing, also at volleyball. It helped you to get a scholarship."

"Excuse me, Mrs. Garth. A man called Anthony Smith is looking for the Kalanis. He waits in the hallway," a nurse says from the door.

We all look at Luna.

"I have no clue. I've been here the whole time. Maybe Jax told him where we went."

"Anthony? Didn't Kay say that name?" River asks.

"Yeah, he surfs for Oceancrush. Luna and him dated," I say while Luna opens her eyes wide. I won't say what happened at the workshop, but I'm enjoying every second of seeing her panicking.

"Don't let him wait then," River says. I think he is enjoying this as much as I am.

Dax heads outside and takes a while to return. When he does, he smiles and shakes his head. Anthony follows him, wearing a lime green Kalani t-shirt. I'm sure all of our mouths are open in surprise.

"Hi," Anthony blushes.

"Why are you wearing a Kalani t-shirt? Did you notice that your pump is hanging from your shorts? Are those also Kalani shorts?" Luna points at his clothes. A small device hangs from the pocket.

"I quit with Oceancrush, went to the Kalani tent and Joan gave me clothes. I have no ties to a brand, so I get to do what I want, including wearing her designs. I'm done with touring, and for all I care the world can know about me being diabetic."

"Is that what you spoke about with Dax?" I feel curious.

"Yeah. We needed more information on two clauses in my contract. I only got the email this morning. One thing it says is I can't be called Blue anymore, or use my blue board since that image belongs to Crush. I don't mind. I hated that nickname anyway, and now I have an even better board from Luna Kalani. Dylan and Ross are letting me stay with them until I find a place to live in Sea Glass Beach. Tomorrow, with Kay's help, I will enroll in the university for the upcoming semester. After things settle, I want to see my family. I hope you want to come with me. I want to introduce my girlfriend to them," he looks at Luna.

Mysister has happy tears in her eyes. She takes a few steps forward and hugsAnthony hard, not minding anyone seeing her cry this time.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

42.9K 451 48
Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide switches, things change. The waves take t...
21.9K 262 10
Shorehaven, a place you either love or hate, no in between. Some wish to stay here forever other want to never land a foot here. Mar can't picture he...
35.2K 657 35
"Wade." I said softly, "this is a bad idea." I felt his grip tighten on my back and my thigh as his face became so close I could feel his lips brush...
82.5K 1.8K 33
"That was awesome!" "Thanks." "I don't know. You didn't rotate all the way on that 540 Ally Oop." Disclaimer- I do not own any of the characters exc...