Dippin' Low: A Girl Named Cas...

De chaterboxxx

Before the tragedy, Before the death, Before the lies, Before the deception, Before the jealously, Before hus... Mai multe

A Girl Named Cassandra (Intro)
AGNC: Prologue
AGNC: Chapter 1 |Start From The Top
AGNC: Chapter 3 |Noticed
AGNC: Chapter 4 |Making Favors
AGNC: Chapter 5 |Let's Have a Party
AGNC: Chapter 6 | Irrational Decisions
AGNC: Chapter 7 |Caller ID
AGNC: Chapter 8 |Growing Pains
AGNC: Chapter 9| The Ones You Can Depend On
AGNC: Chapter 10| Getting Familiar
AGNC: Chapter 11 |The Run-Around
AGNC: Chapter 12 | Options
AGNC: Chapter 13 | Putt Putt
AGNC: Chapter 14 | Green Light

AGNC: Chapter 2 |Beneath it all

11.4K 387 54
De chaterboxxx

"Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling inside."- Unknown

(JD in MM)

Chapter 2: Cassandra

"Aye thanks, I'ma call ya'll later." I said while climbing out of Tyrone's car. I collected my purse on my arm and pulled up pants.

"Aight boo." Nova said scrolling through her MySpace. I closed the passenger side door and the window rolled down. Tyrone leaned over the seat towards me. "Aye, call me when you done with homework, we can hang out or something."

I nodded my head but remembered he planned for company to come over. "Wait, what about Vanessa?"

He grinned widely "What, you jealous?" I rolled my eyes and mimicked his smile. If there was one thing I could say about Tyrone was that he was a charmer.

"Boy boo. It ain't even like that." I mumbled.

"Mhm, She won't be there that long anyways. Besides mom's been asking bout you. She wanna know if you eatin." He said with humor. I smiled. His mom was the sweetest woman to walk this earth. She would tell me every time she seen me, 'Cassy, you need more meat on them bones! You must be hungry.' She would crack me up and of course she'll pull out leftovers and put so much on my plate, I would think thanksgiving came early. But she was caring and sweet. She was really like a second mom.

"Aight then, I'll call you." I tapped his car door and turned around heading for the front of the house. I pulled my keys out my purse, heading inside.

I strolled into the living room, slamming the door behind me and spotted the bottle of Hennessy and little baggies full of weed on the coffee table. "Ma!" I called out throughout the house. I tossed my bag on the couch and headed for the kitchen. For some reason I was really thirsty and my mouth was starting to water for a can of Pepsi.

Bopping to a tune in my head, I opened the fridge door to a nothing but disappointment. I stopped moving and my face dropped as I looked at the empty box of Pepsi at the bottom shelf of the fridge. This morning I knew I had at least five left. I was the only in the house that bought soda.

"Ma! What happened to my soda?!" I yelled this time. I stood up closing the fridge door and sitting right there to the left of me on the counter was a half smoked blunt and load and behold, a can of empty Pepsi.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. Right off the back I knew it was JD, my mom's boyfriend.

"Fucking JD." I mumbled to myself throwing the can in the trash.

"What was that?" I almost jumped out of my skin at his deep voice. I really didn't want to turn around but I knew if I didn't respond he would jumped down my throat about that. "And what's with all that damn yellin'. We sleep upstairs girl." He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, blinking a few times with a deep scowl. For a man to be forty-five, he wasn't bad looking. He was tall, well-built man with a low fade, connected to his side burns and chin hair into a nice cut. He also had dark brown eyes and big lips. Looks wise, he was actually a better looking Denzel but if it wasn't for what he did for a living I could probably give him an ounce of respect.

"Damn, Mr. Miles. You drank all my Pepsi." I said with a pout. I leaned against the counter as he leaned against the island that sat in the middle of the kitchen. For a house in our area, it was actually really nice. With the money JD was bringing in, he was able to renovate most of the house while keeping the outside dingy. My mom always fussed about the paint chipping on the outside of the house but JD always said it was a way to keep other people from looking in. If all they saw was a jacked up house on the outside, they wouldn't bother to care for what was on the inside.

There was some truth to that. JD was a smart man, but again if it wasn't for the shit he did to get his money, I would probably consider him a father figure.

"That's what you fussin' about? Some damn soda?" I huffed. It wasn't just about the soda.

"Mr. Miles, it's the principle. It's like if one of your workers decided to test the sample of the product you sold, you would be mad right? If it isn't addressed properly, he thinks he can do it again and again and soon he's hooked off his own supply. Same applies for my soda. If I allow others in the house to think that it's okay to drink my soda then they are more liable to keep drinking it until they loose regard that I pay for it soon they disregard me completely." By that time JD was wide awake and all attention was on me.

He rubbed his chin hair and nodded his head. "You right, you absolutely right." He reached into the food pantry across from him but stopped to look back at me. "Close your eyes girl," I scoffed and rolled my eyes and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Really Mr. Miles? I already know it's in the box of Coco Puffs." He looked in shock at me. I shrugged my shoulders. "I was craving something chocolate and saw the box." He looked at me a little more then shook his head.

"Fine," He pulled out the box of empty Coco Puffs reaching in and pulling out a stack of hundred dollar bills wrapped in a rubber band. He removed a couple of hundreds and handed them to me stuffing the roll of money in his sweatpants pocket. "I have to find a better hiding place." He continued shaking his head. "That's to get you some more packs of soda and I promise I won't touch it again. Cool? Don't tell ya momma I gave you that much either."

I looked at the crisps hundreds in my hand and i swear I couldn't stop grinning. Maybe it was something about holding money in my hand. "But it's only like 3.99 for the 12-pack. Unless I'm buying a truckload, I don't need this much." JD patted the money in his pocket and started to walk out the kitchen. He waved me off behind him.

"Use the rest to get yourself something nice or whatever." He stood at the bottom of staircase and cuffed his hands to his mouth getting ready to yell something to the top of the stairs. "Karen! Daddy up now! You better be too cause I'm coming!" He raced up the stairs, skipping a few until he was out of sight. I heard my mother squeal and fit full of giggles and immediately I wanted to gag. I don't care, its nasty as hell that my mom is still having sex.

I made a gagging noise before stuffing my money in my pocket and grabbed my keys and phone from my bag on the couch. I was getting out the house and going anywhere. There was no need for me to be here while they knocked boots. I wouldn't be able to concentrate if the walls is screaming for him to go deeper. I sent mom a text I was going to McDonald's and left out the door.

It was the beginning of a hot summer here in Arizona and even though the walk was no less than fifteen minutes, I could already feel the sweat rolling down my back. Good thing I was wearing a loose shirt, otherwise people driving past would be able to see the sweat stain. Today, the fifteen minute walk seemed longer than usual, making me regret not using mom or JD's car. I've wanted my own but every time I asked JD would always say, "Too many cars in the driveway means people think we have money. When they think we have money, they want to take everything.You'll be fine using mine or your mom's till you graduate." And every time I would throw a huge fit. It was about appearance with JD but it was a mentality he had to grow with when he started his drug business. Though everyone knew who he was, they figured he lived humble and with no money.

Finally making it to McDonald's, I welcomed the cool air when I walked in, taking a seat in a near by booth. I felt like I just competed in a marathon and probably looked like it too. I got up and went into the restroom checking myself in the mirror, completely appalled at my image. My black hair was completely frizzed, my white top looked liked I just went swimming and my face completely sweaty and blotchy. I instantly regretted not bringing my purse. I had at least a brush, some spritz and deodorant. I couldn't walk out the bathroom like this.

I looked around the restroom and spotted the air hand dryer and the paper towel dispenser. When push comes to shove...improvise. I turned on the water, rinsing my face off then patting it dry. I grabbed some paper towels, damping them with water, then wiping my underarms until they felt decent. Taking off my shirt, I turned on the air dryer and let my shirt dry, all within ten minutes and thanked God no one came in or out of the bathroom. When it was completely dry, I threw it back on and now all I had to deal with was my hair.

It was long and permed but running my fingers through it wasn't going to help the tangles. "Damn," I cursed while patting my head. I knew I was only fifteen minutes from the house, but still.

"Cassy?" I looked towards the door and standing there was Aspen Murphy. She was cool peoples. We had a few classes together and we would chop it up and laugh then but that was about as far as our coolness went.

"Oh hey Aspen. You wouldn't by chance have a comb would you?" I asked meekly smiling. She laughed and dug into her tote bag that was hanging off her arm. "I was going to offer it to you anyway."

"Well damn." I said feigning hurt. "It ain't that bad is it?" She handed me a purple wide tooth comb and I started to attempt to straighten my hair. It was helping somewhat.

"It look like you just woke up and skipped the flat iron." She replied jokingly.

"It's this damn humidity girl." I said while trying to get a tangle out. She walked behind me and stood at the sink to the left of me fishing out a tube of lipstick to reapply to her lips. Aspen was a pretty girl. Light skin, blond hair (now in blond poetic justice braids), petite body and doe brown eyes. She was a beautiful girl.

"I know girl, that's why I got my hair braided. My hair can't deal with the heat. That's why these braids are staying in till fall." She smacked her lips together and leaned in to the mirror to get he excess lipstick.

"True, I know what you mean. I've wanted mine done for the longest." Finally able to get it to look somewhat decent, I took my hair out of the comb, rinsed it and gave it back.

She reached in her purse and grabbed a receipt and a pen. She scribbled a name and number on the back and handed it to me. "Her name is Masika. Tell her I referred you and she can give you a small discount. This girl is the bomb." I smiled.

"Thanks boo."

"No problem. See it as you owe me." I chuckled.

"Okay, what I gotta give you?"

She closed her purse and ran her fingers through her braids before looking me in my eyes. "Tyrone."

My Tyrone?

"Yes your Tyrone." She laughed. Oh shit, didn't know I said it out loud. "He's very cute and I know you guys are just friends. Plus I heard he got that bomb di-," I held my hand up to stop her. Yeah, I heard the rumors too, but I wasn't gonna ask him about it either or wanted the details.

"Okay," I thought about for a brief second. I wasn't one to hook up people. Of course, there were no feelings for Ty but playing Cupid? I don't know. "Let me think about it?"

"Of course. I'll see you at school tomorrow." She said and leaving out the restroom.

Aspen and Tyrone? I shook my head.

***

"Hey Tyrone, wassup?" I asked into my phone. It had been a few hours after McDonald's and I had just finished homework and I was now sitting in the living room watching cartoons. It was going on 6pm and I was just doing what Tyrone said after I finished.

"Sittin' in the kitchen with Ma." He replied. There was rustling in the background and the sound of pots and pans. "Is that my Cassy? Ty stop hogging the phone and let me say hi boy." I immediately recognized that as his mother and laughed. That lady was funny as hell.

"Ma in a secon-, Ouch! Stop hitting me in the back of my head!"

"Boy give me the phone!" She yelled. "Fine, here! Just stop hitting me!" There was more rustling until I could hear his momma loud and clear.

"Hey sweetie, did you eat today?" I chuckled while flipping through the channels.

"Yes Mrs. Johnson. I had McDonald's a few hours ago."

"Child, you know that's not food. That mess is created to make you blow up like a whale. I'm tryna put some meat on you, not make you a candidate for the biggest loser." At that one I laughed hard. See? His Mother was a complete trip. "Come over and I'll feed you some real food."

"Okay, Mrs. Johnson. I'll be on my way now."

"No, sit tight, Tyrone will get you." I could hear Tyrone whining in the background. "But Ma, the game finna come on and I can't miss kick off."

"Boy get up and get my daughter in law!"

"Ma!" The line ended and I just shook my head. That woman was always calling me her daughter-in-law. She somehow figured Tyrone and I were gonna fall in love.

I thought about for a brief second then laughed.

Yeah okay. As If that was ever going to happen.

For those that remember, JD was mentioned in the last book chapter 26: talk a good game! leave me thoughts! Also JD is her mom's boyfriend NOT step-dad. Some of y'all seem to be confused though I clearly specified

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

164K 9K 53
*COMPLETED* This is a sequel of the book 'Hired Bride' but can be a stand alone book. I recommend reading the first one, however, to get a better kno...
525 39 22
Currently editing*** When 23 year old Faith leaves cheater ex boyfriend for the betrayal of a lifetime, she decides to take a trip to Florida staying...
430K 12.1K 22
***WARNING: This book was written forever ago when I was very young. IT'S VERY BADLY WRITTEN! I didn't give much thought into this, I only wrote it t...
385 44 22
The world started over in 2100. No one remembers the last 100 years, but when 18-year-old Cassandra Clove starts having dreams of the old world, dang...