(ABANDONED)TFP: Way of the Fl...

SilverJay3709 tarafından

Lena is a mutant. And of course, she is forced to keep in secret, especially when her ability is one that peo... Daha Fazla

1: Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
A/N Questionaire!
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
A/N
Rewrite

18

1.1K 25 10
SilverJay3709 tarafından

"P-pl-please st- AAAUUUH-!-" loud cries, choked sobs, the screams were ear-piercing yet other times were caught in the person's throat. The mutant couldn't use their strength to pull out of the restraints. Not when the metal was vengestone. 

They were forced to stay awake through the current procedure, watch as scientists poked and prodded their intestines and organs, finding what makes them tick. What made them special. Weaknesses. Strengths. Taking tissue samples. Seeing how organs work. How their blood flows when their flaw is in usage. 

Behind the scenes, on the other side of the wall behind a window concealed to look like a mirror on the other side, stands Silas. Unempathetically looking at the sight of the mutant child, no more than 12 or 13, scream on the metal table. The only light over them during the vivisection(dissection on a being when they're alive) is a large, and very bright, light one would see in hospital surgery rooms. "Sir, the pet has come in contact with the pyrokinetic. He's asking for what he should do next," reports one of his numerous soldiers, dressed in the same uniform as the others except for the scientists, who dress in the same colors but with more of a buttoned-up lab-coat style.

Silas created MECH to oppose the United States government. To create a new world order where the ones with the highest technology will be the ones winning the war. And the side with the highest technology. Will. Be. MECH. The rest of the world knows of them as 'hunters' since they do not know anything of them besides the fact that they have been hunting mutants for the last four decades(40 years) to find out how they tick, to use their abilities against the rest of the world. 

Until now, they hadn't found any way to control a mutant without Vengestone but it would only halter their ability and they couldn't use it to enhance their flaw either or else they'd use it against the organization. So Silas turned to different ideas. 

Once a mutant was found useless after their vivisections and tests, if they survived, they'd be given to whoever pays the highest bid. Many, and he means MANY wealthy people around the globe would do anything to have a mutant in their grasps, to control them, manipulate them with fear by using a simple chip embedded in their brains. The owner has the other half of the device, a detonation button. If the mutant refused whatever the owner wishes, the owner pressed the button and a high electrical frequency is shot through the brain. Shutting it off. Forever. Bye-bye mutant. 

"Has he gained her trust?"

"He believes he has since she spoke of her brother and of her ability."

Interrupted by another scream from the mutant in the other room, begging for them to stop, to sew back up his chest, for the cruelty to be done with. Displeased with the interruption, "Doesn't matter, as long as he's able to cheat her into my grip, he is of use."

---------------------------------------------

For the last few weeks, Jordan and Lena became quite close, mainly because of their comparison to mutant heritage and interests in different flaws. And within those few weeks, Lena has become slightly closer with the 'bots, Jack, Miko, and Raf. But she still isn't that keen on showing her emotions. Always wearing a poker face.

Although there were times where something would trigger a memory and cause the child to have an anxiety attack, going through flashbacks of the moment while Ratchet quickly calmed her down. Usually, after those, she would stay silent and hug herself in a little ball, worrying all of those at the base. Her physical health has improved a lot. Her spinal fracture is healed, she's gained a few pounds but is still a while away from the actual weight for someone her age. 

Today was Saturday and Miko came over with yet another pair of clothes, Lena swears that the punk-girl enjoys dressing her up like a doll. Even if Lena has become closer with the 'bots and their charges, she still has yet to get to know her own. She feels as though she's only tying Wheeljack down.

The trio walks out of the Darby household, Jack hops on Arcee's alt-mode and begins riding towards the base. Miko runs over Bulkhead's alt-mode, hopping into the passenger's seat. Lena looks around for her own guardian but doesn't see him in sight. Maybe he has a mission? Sighing, she as well hops in Bulkhead's alt-mode in the back seat. What can she do to get closer to him? Optimus did say the day they were assigned each that they have to form a guardian-charge bond even when neither of them exactly know how to do that. All categories that Lena is slightly foreign with, but after observing Arcee and Jack, Miko and Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Raf, an idea lit up. All she has to do is find something they both have in common. 

Just like how Miko and Bulkhead bond over those Moster Truck rallies and Slash Monkey. Just like how Bumblebee and Raf bond over video games and racing. Just like how Jack and Arcee bond over their friendly conversations full of sarcastic and remarks and rolling their eyes at their team's(except Optimus and Ratchet) immaturity. 

But what does Wheeljack like that she would also enjoy? Grenades? No. Bashing 'Cons? Heck to the no, she wouldn't even be able to dent them! Yes, Wheeljack is very outgoing and hates rules, but Lena was the opposite, she was introverted and listened to the rules since it's how she was raised except when it came to survival. Well... maybe she can ask him to tell her some old war stories? She does like stories and learning new things. 

Deciding it would be best to ask Bulkhead, "Hey Bulkhead, I have a question." He turns down the ear-deafening heavy metal, much to the dislike of his charge in the front seat, jamming along on her air guitar. "What's up, Lena?" "Well... I was wondering what Wheeljack likes. Since we've been assigned as guardian and charge for a few weeks now but... we don't have the same bond that you guys have that Optimus said that we should form."

Humming for a moment, "Ask him about the Jackhammer. That tin can is his pride and joy," chortling a bit. Making a mental note to ask about this 'Jackhammer' the next time she sees him.

-----------

Hours past and no sign of Wheeljack. Miko, being her observant self, noticed her soggy mood and wanted to cheer her up, which was what she was ferociously working on for the last few hours. Finally adding the last touch-up to the shading before grinning mischievously. Getting up from her spot on the end of the cough, walking to where Lena sat in the brown chair, hiding the image behind her back. "Hey Lena, wanna see something?"

Dotting her eyes away from the book she was reading, folding the corner of the page so she wouldn't lose the page. Closing the book and placing it to the side, "Sure."

Holding out the image. Doing her best to contain her laughter but not even biting the mesh inside her cheeks worked. Bursting out with laughter, holding onto her stomach, "BWAHAHAHAHA OH-MY! MIKO THAT IS GENIUS! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Gasping for more air, snorting when she saw the caption 'When Ratchet Isn't Home' at the top.

Lena laughed so hard she fell off the chair and on the ground, wheezing, grabbing her pained sides from laughing so hard. Her laughter turned to small snorts, slowly getting up from the ground and wiping away some tears forming in the corner of her dark eyes.

Noticing the gaping looks from those that weren't on a mission. Ratchet, Jack, Miko, and Raf. 

"ATTACK!" shouts Miko, she jumps on top of Lena and starts tickling her on the sides. "Wha?! No-AHAHAHAHA-Mi!-AAAH-KO! St-AHAHAP!! HAHAHAHAHA!" The two completely unaware of the 'bots coming back from the energon mine, also gawking at the sound of who is usually keeping check of their emotions. Arcee on the other hand, remembers what Lena said a few weeks ago, how she suppresses her emotions to control her flaw. Worried that it'll flare out and burn someone. 

Finally, somehow, managing to get away from the vibrant-themed girl, clutching her sides and still trying to get rid of the tickled feeling on her sides, grasping the orange railing, "What was that for, exactly?"

"Uhh, you laughed! I've never heard you laugh and I wondered if you were ticklish. My question has been answered," the 15-year-old answers cheekily. Puffing out her cheeks, pouting, "Oh? Well... revenge!" Lena began chasing Miko around like she would her younger brother. Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee watch in amusement seeing the kids have fun. It helped them after a mission, relaxed them, reminding them what they're protecting on this planet and who they're fighting for. 

By this point, Jack and Raf joined it, now all four kids were playing tag, Lena being it. "Hey guys, wanna join?" asks Jack. "Sure, how do you play?" Bulkhead chips. "Well one person is 'it' and you have to run away from them and avoid being tagged. When the 'it' tags you, you're it and you have to pass it around to others."

"Sounds like a training exercise, I'm in," compares Arcee. Bumblebee nods in agreement. 

-5 minutes later-

The 'bots and kids were spread around the base, Lena still being it. In order to keep their hiding spot, laughter was stifled, to Ratchet amusement so he can focus on work and without Miko blasting that awful music. 

All was silent until the hum of a familiar engine. Wheeljack entering the base, transforming, wondering where everyone went. "Hey, doc, where is everybody?"

Scowling, pointing a well-held wrench at the wrecker, "Don't call me doc! And they're all playing some human game and Optimus is in his berthroom recharging." A human game? Aren't games usually loud? His topics spotted the tallest of the children, Jack, creeping his way into the brig, tiptoeing, trying to be as silent as he can. And to Wheeljack's surprise, he was quiet. But not as quiet at the child hiding on top of the first platform, peering down at him like a predator to prey. Frag, it even gave the wrecker chills up his backstruts. 

Jack got closer to the stairs, thinking that he'd be safe in the elevator when he was pounced on, tackled to the ground. The figure above with their hands pinning his shoulders down, grinning, "Gotcha! You're it Jack-a-boy," scrambling off of him, running towards her guardian laughing. "No fair! You're a panther, Lena!" Jack shouts, running after her. 

Her guardian stood, confused at the two running circles around his left pede(foot). Lena was so caught up in trying not to get caught and laughing, she didn't notice the small trail of frost each step left before running into the ever-so-large hallway where no one can hide unless if you snuck into the air vents close to the ground. Luckily the metal camouflaged the frost but Jack did notice the temperature go down by a little bit, feeling goosebumps appear on his arms, chasing after the surprisingly energetic girl. Down the hallway, the following words echo, "JACK'S IT! BEWARE THE GOODIE-TWO-SHOES" followed by the laughter of everyone else involved. 

"Is she... laughing?" Wheeljack puzzles to no one.

"Yes well, you wouldn't know seeing how you've barely even spent any time with her," hums Ratchet. 

That's when Wheeljack realized, he fragged up. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After their game(Lena won with her stealth) the kids decided to turn on the TV and regain their breath. Automatically the TV switches to some movie about finding some stone called the Sorceror's Stone or something before switching it to the news to find out if any humans discovered any Cybertronian relics the Autobots have to find before the Decepticons. While the channel played, talking about some historical artifact, Lena got up from the couch and went to go pick up her book. 

"Archeologists have yet to discover what this necklace is, but they believe it has something to do with an ancient mutant civilization that disappeared without a trace."

Necklace? On the TV, it showed a golden necklace of an odd but intriguing design with a bright green gem in the middle, tucked away, being guarded by the golden-like bars around it.

Stumbling back, dropping her book in the process, shakenly pointing at the screen. Fear spilling from her eyes. "N-No... it can't be!" She knows all too well what that gemstone is. And in the wrong hands, Decepticon or hunters alike, mutants are in more danger than ever. Especially now when they've just uncovered the gem in a catastrophic time period. 

"Hey, kiddo. You know that thing or something?" Lena looks up to see her guardian behind her, showing actual concern for her reaction. Nodding, squinting her eyes to show how serious this is. To her at least, and Jordan since he's a mutant as well. "Are you gonna tell us or what?" 

Lena was going to say something when an alarm started blaring. "Decepticons! By the looks of it, they discovered another relic," informs Ratchet, typing in the coordinates for the ground bridge. 

"Autobots! Roll out!" All the 'bots(except Ratchet, of course) drove into the bridge. Waving them off, wishing them good luck on the battle before Miko suddenly grabs Lena's hand, running in after them. Despite Lena telling Miko 'no, it's too dangerous', the energetic girl still dragged the pyrokinetic along because it Lena's held off on her first "mission" for several weeks. 

The other side of the bridge was complete chaos. Blaster fires everywhere, hitting the ground, causing rock and dust to fly everywhere. The duo was lucky to find cover behind a sturdy rock. Whipping out her phone, taking pictures of their 'bots taking down 'Cons before she stopped, her pale complexion becomes white. 

"OPTIMUS!" roars an unknown voice. 

"Megatron!" shouts the Prime. 

Wait. As in the Megatron that caused this war in the first place?! 

Peaking over the rock to see red and blue clashing with dark grey/silver and smokey purple. The Decepticon had a broad and sturdy build, full of sharp edges, especially the spikes curving inwards on his shoulders. His helmet reminding the girl of an upside-down bucket. A large cannon-blaster attached to his right arm, and the sharp and rigged dark purple Decepticon insignia in the middle of his chest. Megatron's blood red eyes only seemed to add more to the screaming 'I AM EVIL' fashion statement. 

Someone, neither of them knew which faction, shot at the rocks above the slanted hillside, causing a small avalanche. Grabbing Miko's wrist, running away from the rocks cascading down so they wouldn't get crushed. 

"'Con incoming!" yells Miko, pointing at the only Vehicon that has noticed them and began reaching down to grab them. Running the other way, more adrenaline rushing through her veins than she's had in her entire life. Blocking out anything besides what her senses evaluated, calculating which route would be best amid all the turmoil.

Hearing only the pounding of her heart. Alarms shooting in her mind. And the panting of her breath. Until Miko pulled out of Lena's grasp so she'd have control of her own path as well. 

Her senses wearing off when she's suddenly grabbed by the back of her shirt and hoisted up into the air by a tentacle-like appendage. "Lena!" screams Miko, catching the attention of their guardians, more specifically Wheeljack. Slashing his way through Vehicons to get to his charge, even if he's on the complete opposite end of the battle. 

Soundwave shows a short image on his visor of a small flame in the center of a dark screen. No. It wasn't just any flame. It was the night a few days before their birthday when Lena was sitting outside the window, making small animals with her flames to pass time and a jet passed by. Too close to the ground for comfort. It was a Decepticon!

With the simple command of his systems, Soundwave opens a groundbridge nearby. Panic. Blacking out. No. It wasn't like she passed out or anything, more like something is in control of her body. The 16-year-old's panic is in control of her body. Lena doesn't know what happened within those few seconds it happened, but one moment she's in Soundwave's grasp, then the next the tentacle is frozen and broke off from becoming too brittle form the cold. 

Screaming, falling to the ground. Feeling a sudden cold rush burst out of her body, encasing itself around her in a protective shell. This is the part where she knocks herself unconscious. 

Lena screamed. Wheeljack was too late. No one else was able to get to her. Miko couldn't catch her or she'd shatter her entire body in that catch. But then a snow-blue light reflected around his charge, forming into a thick ball of ice that was crystal clear.

Before the crystal could hit the ground, It was caught. Grabbed by Knockout before he vanished into a groundbridge summoned by Soundwave. 

When she screamed. She screamed Wheeljack's name.  

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

215 24 30
This story is part 3 I have 11 parts but I am currently working on part 11. I do not own the characters or the photo but I own my name and Daikon's n...
69.6K 1.7K 59
This book is marked as mature, so if you're younger than 17 read at your own risk. This is meant to be read at a 17+ years old POV. Please read the i...
56.4K 1.3K 26
Fifteen year old Miko Nakadai thought she was invincible. Miko thought, just like every teenager does, could get away with one small prank but it app...
135K 3.2K 23
Life is rough. Not as rough as your criminal record, though. Released from prison not long ago, you're determined to integrate into the world bet...