Typhoon & Tempest

Από LibbyBlake

Lily Morgan knew she was different, but that had nothing to do with her supernatural abilities. In a world o... Περισσότερα

Typhoon (I)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue
Tempest (II)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue
Q&A + Thank You

Frequently Asked Questions [Q&A]

34.9K 1.2K 945
Από LibbyBlake

Hey everyone, 

I'm breaking up Typhoon and Tempest with a segment of FAQ's. I'll add to it as I go and hopefully answer any questions you have about myself or my other works, and especially about Typhoon and Tempest. 

~ TYPHOON ~

When do they get recess/what is Lily's timetable?

What is Lily's age?

Lily is eighteen, born on March 7th. She's a Pisces. I haven't given a year she was born in because it depends on when the reader is reading the book.

What is Lily's height and the height of Andrew and Ryan?

So I want to expand this a little because I have had comments like this for a while. I don't like labelling my characters with head-to-toe details. I find it takes away from the reader's imagination. In person it's easier to measure out what someone's height is, but not every reader will know what 5ft 9 is off the top of their head so I describe someone's height in another way.

Can they reach the top of the fridge? Is their head brushing doorways? Do they duck when they're getting on public transport? Can they look someone in the eye who's known for being taller than average? Does their back hunch slightly from looking down at those shorter than them?

For those that want specifics - Lily is around 1.75m tall, 5ft 9 ish. 

What is Lily? 

This was by far my most popular question and one that's been dotted throughout the comments over the span of the book. 

I loved reading all your guesses;  - Thanos - Dragon - Avatar - river - water elemental - siren  - ninja - Superwoman - Goddess - Typhoon - Poseidon - water nymph - water bearer - river nymph - Witch of the Sea (Greek mythology) - Morgan (Welsh siren) - sea nymph - human - water - tortoise - angel - Thor - Succubus - Demigod/Descendant of Gods 

You're all wrong...or are you? You'll find out in Tempest. 

Are there hybrids in this world? Is Lily a Supernova crossbreed?

No, you're only one thing.
Supernova is a title/rank of the most powerful supernatural creature in this world - before Lily it was held by Jacob, the Kenyan who could become invisible and could also hide memories; a Shade. Prior to him it was Freida (Jack's mother), Andromeda the Witch of the night (Jack's grandmother), and then Illya the werewolf (Yuric's ancestor).

Is Jack a girl or a boy?

Jack, or Jacinta Garcia-Slater, is a girl. Jack is a nickname. I can't tell you her middle name because she'd fill my bed with nettles and I value my sleep. 

What species is Ollie (Lily's aunt and guardian)? 

She's human. 

Does Lily have a phobia of cars after the accident?

Yes and no. She's fine getting in cars with responsible drivers like Jack and Ollie, but she's not comfortable getting in a car with Ryan because he speeds and is slightly reckless. Lily won't ever get behind the wheel, she will never drive.

Was the car crash that killed Lily's family innocent?

Yes. It was an accident. 

Are there mates in this book?

No - I know that can be confusing because my trilogy Behind Closed Gates has mates in it but Typhoon and Tempest's world doesn't have instant soulmates. I don't think that "love at first sight" is realistic for this story, which is ironic talking about a fictional supernatural character, but I didn't want the trope of mates in T&T. 

Why didn't Lily and Jack end up with Ryan and Andrew? / The romance sucks!

I'm also going to elaborate on this a little. Firstly, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you didn't like the romance, you didn't like it, and I'm not mad that you didn't - it's okay. However Typhoon isn't a love story. It's a story about Lily and her journey of discovering who she is and what she can do. It's an empowerment story and one of self-discovery. 

I deliberately wrote Typhoon with "weak" romance. The plot of Typhoon wasn't for Jack and Lily to fall in love with the alpha and beta - it's for everyone to discover who they are, which also means who they're meant to be with. 

The werewolves have hierarchy. Andrew is the most dominant wolf out of Trawalla's pack, followed by Ryan as beta. Jack is from a powerful line of witches and Lily is something "we haven't seen in centuries" - a direct quote from Jacob. 

If Jack is more powerful than Andrew (which she is) then Andrew isn't the most dominant anymore. He's no longer Alpha. Andrew, despite the fact he likes Jack, knows that he couldn't be with her because she'd be more of an alpha, and that won't work well within his own pack if they begin taking orders from a witch rather than a wolf. 

Ryan, if you reread Typhoon, started obeying Lily's words and bowing his head when she spoke, a sign of submission in wild wolves that I've carried over. His allegiance was beginning to shift - as we saw at the formal in Chapter 33 when he left to see Lily rather than protect his Alpha. Ryan liked Lily, was drawn to her but Lily wasn't drawn to him. It's a power-shift; Ryan was beginning to see that she was powerful, something he could submit to, and a relationship that's not built on an equal playing field won't work - and not to mention how he was unnerved when he discovered just how powerful she is.

I hope this answers your question - I deliberately made the romance suck. Andrew won't date someone more powerful than him and Lily won't date someone that fears her as well as follows her. 

Are the vampires immortal in this book? Do they age?

No, the vampires are mortal. The lore in this book is different to most books I've read and legends I've seen - Andromeda was powerful enough to disturb the buried in the graveyard, raising them and leaving them with a hungering for blood. 

It's a notion to the fact the dead don't have blood pumping in their veins - so the 'living dead' need to drink blood regularly in order to mimic the pumping blood in someone that's still alive. 

You'll notice that Karen's nimble on her feet and quite strong when she needs to be. When Lily fluxed the humidity in the Meditation class it meddled with the blood pressure of the vampires. It weakens them to the point their cravings boil over (red eyes aglow) and they can get a little cranky - cranky enough to break down a door. 

Blood contains a lot of nutrients, energy, natural minerals, and toxins. The more that's drunk the more nutrients one has - some athletes have put their blood aside and then injected themselves with it before their events. With vampires, they need that constant living flow - and while it means they drink blood constantly, it means as well that they can move faster, are stronger, and they don't spend as much time in the sun (their skin isn't 'alive' technically) and are mortal.

Where is Typhoon set? Is it in England because you're English? 

It's not set in a particular country, just so any reader can identify with the story setting. The town names - Trawalla, Widderin, and Tyrill - are all Aboriginal names. I wanted to incorporate a part of Australia within my story as a nod to where  I currently live. I do write in a formal tone due to my English upbringing but it's not set in England. What country do you picture my books set in? Do you see it as England or have you imagined it as a part of your own country? 

~ TEMPEST ~

Who are the fire and wind boys?

The phoenix whose fire births the sun, or "Fire boy" as he's been nicknamed, has had a name reveal. His name is Haidan Tariq. He's from a Muslim family and his parents are Arab. He has a little sister and he watches Disney films with her because they're her favourite. You learn more about him in Tempest, as well as his nickname for Lily and his two nicknames for Jack.

The nymph who has leashed the skies, or "Wind boy", hasn't had a name reveal yet but I can tell you a bit about him. He has albinism and is legally blind. He has siblings. He's a snowboarder and he likes to dance. 

Are the Nymph and Phoenix that Jack and Lily have to find special in anyway? Seeing as they are lesser known creatures in the story as to witches and fairies?

Yes. They're not as rare as Lily but they're rare enough that they're almost unknown. They're more powerful than witches/fairies/vampires/werewolves (especially a certain alpha and beta). The phoenix, as you've guessed, has an affinity for fire. The nymph has a gift with air. As Jacob said, Jack, Haidan and the nymph will balance Lily out with her abilities, even though they're not as powerful as her. 

Will Ryan and Andrew be introduced at a later time? Is that why you included them in the first book?

Yes. 

Will Lily learn more about her family? Will she meet her grandmother?

....Yes.

Will Jack have to do 'homework' or learn about the human body because she can heal?

I'd like to see you try and tell Jack she has to more homework after finishing school! She definitely has some learning to do but she'll be calling up a gossip-loving fairy rather than looking at a textbook. 

Will there be a sign Lily's the real Supernova?

The 'absorbing a superbolt and annihilating a hundred rogues' is a big sign Lily's the Supernova, but there is a bigger sign in Tempest that leaves no doubt in anyone's mind. 

Will Lily get feeling in her arm back (the one that's paralysed)? 

Good question! From the research I've done on lightning strikes, it can be a permanent or temporary paralysis. Lily's is only temporary and she'll get full movement back in her arm by the time that Tempest is finished. 

~ ABOUT THE AUTHOR ~

Arse or ass? Diarrhea or Diarrhoea? Where are you from?

I was born in England but I live in Australia now - it's why there's some Aussie slang in my work as well as formal spelling, like arse not ass. I'll do my best to translate if anyone is confused by anything. 

With diarrhea/diarrhoea, that's an English thing. Adding the 'o' to words was how I was taught as a kid to write - with diarrhoea, with oesophagus instead of esophagus. I also add 'u' to a lot of my words; favourite, colour, honour etc.

Where do you make your covers?

I made Typhoon's cover on Canva, which I recommend because they have a setting that meets Wattpad's cover specifications. I made the rest of my book covers with Google images and bad Photoshop - and the edited Behind Closed Gates cover was made by a reader. 

Do I like burgers?

Yes! I'm Australian like that, can't pass up a good barbeque.

What's your opinion on mint chocolate chip ice cream?

I love it! I chose cookies and cream as my favourite but mint choc chip is high on my list.

What inspired you to write Typhoon?

I actually don't have a solid answer to this. I began writing Typhoon in 2017, originally posting on my 'Short Stories' book where a few people commented that they'd like to see it as a full story, and it developed from there. 

I wanted to write a book that opened with a girl beating the odds and beginning to realise she was truly different from what she knew - and Lily was born. Chapter 1 was the first thing I wrote in the book and then I began planning it all out based on the first chapter. 

And yes, the 'A flower for a flower'  line wasn't planned. I came up with that on the fly while writing that chapter, it was a co-incidence that Poppy was named Poppy and when I wrote that line I went; 'Oh damn that's good. That's the end of the chapter right there, I'm having a snack break I deserve it!' 

Will you publish Typhoon?

I'd like to. It's tough because I know what the publishers can be like based on my sister's experience with them. She's K.E. Derwent, by the way, if you're looking for a no-romance Sci-Fi story set in Chicago. 

If I was to publish Typhoon, I'd publish Typhoon and Tempest as one book. I know it's a long process and it'll be difficult, but I'd love to see my book in bookstores one day.

Will you make Typhoon and Tempest a Paid Wattpad story/film?

This question has come up a fair amount. I do want to say first off, I haven't received any offers about making any of my stories Paid. One of the prizes of winning a Watty Award is the option to talk about Paid Stories, which is something that does benefit me because I don't have an income at the moment and I do love to write.

I am wary about the Paid stories program. I have questions that need to be answered before I consider accepting an offer. What I'd like to do, if offered, was make Tempest Paid and leave Typhoon free for everyone to read. I'd also leave my BCG trilogy free and have the edited version paid, because I know my demographic and not everyone can afford the Coins and to pay for books and I don't want to take my stories away from people. 

I can't fathom Typhoon ever becoming a film so I don't even know how to answer that, but it would be epic and I'd want to be involved every step of the way. 

How many books are in the Typhoon & Tempest series? Will the third book be named something like Inferno?

I've only planned the two books, T&T, but I will be open to adding some extra short stories of the characters adventures after the end of Tempest (those that survive anyway...)

When will your other books be removed from 'On Hold'? 

That's a good question and I don't completely have an answer for that. A Siren's Sacrifice and Her Rise have both been planned out and I know where I want the stories to go. The reason I put them on hold was because two years ago, when I was writing those two AND Typhoon I became sick, and I could only write one. So I chose Typhoon because it had the biggest following at the time. 

I'd like to write finish S.S. and H.R. by the end of 2019 but I know it's a tall ask of myself. S.S. is a short story so I'd finish that quickest and H.R. is a full standalone novel that will probably exceed 50 chapters. 

Which one would you read? A book about mermen and mermaids struggling with love and power? Or a book about two women with sharp swords and tongues (set in a medieval fantasy land) that set upon a path of vengeance to gain back their kingdom that was attacked?

What's your favourite book/book series?

Okay this is a tough question with a really long answer. I can talk about books for a LONG time. I love reading books and I love the roller-coaster of emotions they can give someone. I love escaping into worlds and diving into character's minds - but there have been a few which I really hold close to my chest. 

For Wattpad books and series I have a reading list on my profile. They're the books I reread again and again that still make me laugh, smile and all giddy like a little girl. I will say - I'm not a crier and only one book has made me cry. It's called Letter's to Z and it's on Wattpad. It's the definition of beautiful.

I had a quick scan of my bookshelves. Here's a few of my favourites;

The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon. It's a standalone fantasy with people-of-colour, brilliant LGBTQI+ representation, and was reviewed as the "feminist successor to Lord of the Rings". It is one of the best books I've ever read. Read this before you die.

Chocolate Wishes by Tricia Ashley. It's a contemporary romance about a chocolatier (and has recipes for chocolate spreads and moulds and it always makes me hungry). It also has witchcraft and rock stars. What more could you want?

Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan. This book won't be for everyone, it does have some very dark themes and triggers, but it's beautifully written. You can really tell the book means a lot to the author and they put their heart and soul into every word. 

The Peacock Summer by Hannah Richell. Contemporary romance about 26-year-old Maggie, and Maggie's grandmother when she was 26. Two POV's. One incredible story. The description is beautiful, set in the early 1900's of England and modern day. It's a beautiful tale and it hit home with me, so I'm sentimental about it. 

Stephen Fry's Mythos and Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology. I'm myth and legend obsessed. I'll read anything about any mythology, I love it. It's my weakness - and with these two fantastic authors? I was drooling the entire time I was reading. 

Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park. The book that became a Spielberg classic, a revolution for CGI and animatronics, and birthed magic into the hearts of everyone that watched it. The book is a masterpiece that I highly recommend - one of the best book-to-movie adaptations ever. I've been throwing this at everyone's faces to read because not everyone knows that Jurassic Park was originally a book, and not everyone knows how good it is. It is very sci-fi and mathematically based, so it isn't for everyone, but read it for Dr Ian Malcolm.

Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, and his Egyptian series'. They sparked my love of myths and legends as a kid and I will forever cherish them and what they mean to me. 

The Martian by Andy Weir. I love books with a tonne of research about a topic I'm unfamiliar with - I learned so much reading The Martian. I love this book. I'm running out of synonyms for brilliant but this book is absolutely incredible. 

Andy McDermott's Wilde and Chase series. 12+ books and counting, my father recommended the series to me, describing them as "Indiana Jones meets Die Hard". An archaeologist and a former-SAS bodyguard end up travelling the world finding buried myths and legends like Atlantis, Excalibur and King Arthur, the Arc of the Covenant (by accident), Hercules' tomb, Osiris's Pyramid, Asgard and the Bifrost. It's a great series and appeals to my legend-loving soul.

Tamora Pierce. The legend herself. The OG of strong-female character leading series'. Her Alanna: The First Adventure quartet started my love of reading. I'll read everything she writes and you should too.

Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. It's a beautiful trilogy, beautiful description, and leads you through a journey of art, music and love, betrayal, destruction, death and resurrection. It truly is pure magic. 

J.R.R. Tolkien. I don't need to explain this one. Lord of the Rings is my weakness. It birthed so much for me. I can't let it go and I won't shut up about it, much to my family's disappointment. 

Michael Scott's The Alchemist series. Six books around a pair of twins who are thrown into a world of magic, gods, and goddesses. It was right up my alley for a myth nerd like me. I've only read it once and I remember so much of it - to give a slight spoiler, the ending still hurts and I read it almost a decade ago. 

Sarah J Maas's Throne of Glass series and A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy. I still am emotional over these two series, two books in-particular resonate with me (HoF and ACOMAF). Both series only finished within the past two years and it's too soon for me to reread them, but how I love them both. 

Brigid Kemmerer's Elemental series. The quintet of the Merrick Brothers stories. I really love them all and how realistic she wrote them, even with their abilities, and how their home situations and personal struggles are identifiable and relate-able. I love them. 

Cassandra Clare. CASSANDRA CLARE. My goodness she's broken my heart multiple times. First with The Mortal Instruments series with...well everyone. However The Infernal Devices, her prequel trilogy, preceded to stomp my heart to ashes. I have only read them once, but once was enough. I remember everything about that series. I remember the expressions, the pain, the dialogue, the love and anger. I own a Clockwork Angel. I have her The Dark Artifices trilogy but I haven't read them yet - I picked the 3 TDA books up for $10 at a book fair, best purchase I've ever made!

Honourable mentions otherwise we'll be here all week;
The Dragon Keeper series by Carole Wilkinson
The Stormbreaker/Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz
The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
Becca Fitzpatrick's Hush Hush series
The Call of the Wild by Jack London
Stephen King's Carrie
Beatrix Potter's Peter Rabbit tales (my complete childhood)
The Witchlands series by Susan Dennard 
The Red Queen quartet by Victoria Aveyard 
Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy
Rachel Hartman's Seraphina
Marissa Meyer's The Lunar Chronicles

Can you update faster?

To put it bluntly, no. I have a severe chronic illness which takes up most of my time and life. The updates you're getting is the fastest I can go. I'm lucky if I can upload a week apart and I'm doing my best to maintain a schedule of some sorts while not overworking myself. 

I hope I answered your question! If any more arise I'll keep adding them to this segment. Thank you so much for reading! 

Much love to you all, 

Libby x

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

45.1K 2.2K 36
[COMPLETED] For years Lily Bishop has known that she was special: a seer, gifted with the power to read minds, sense emotions, and even have premonit...
100K 4.5K 56
BOOK ONE Featured 3x on official: Wattpad Fantasy, Young Adult Fantasy and Wattpad Dark Fantasy reading list Camille did not know what blood was cour...
248K 20.6K 62
Expelled from her old school for a crime she didn't commit, Ivy must gain the trust of the High Pack at Ridgeview Academy to stop her new home from g...
The Human Mate. Από orahachi

Λυκάνθρωπος

1.6K 84 11
In a land where supernatural existed ... Werewolves, vampires, fairies, lived in the shadows of humans, they lived together, without the humans ha...