Queen of Gorgeousness

Von clinquant

Hermione Granger has been through it all. She's been loyal and fierce, nerdy and strong, caring and passionat... Mehr

A Fleeting Summer
The Ugly Duckling Transforms
Jealousy is Never as Straightforward as it Seems
Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
The Morning Came and the Whirlwind Began
Popularity is Scary - Watch Out for False Friends...
Why Do Ex Partners Always Try and Push Back into Your Life?
Give Me the Strength to Carry On
A Chance Visit
Bittersweet Desires
Time Flies Too Quickly
Judgement and Giraffes
Curiosity Killed the Cat, Hermione Bought It Back
Unrequited Love Hurts
An Idea Kept, Festers
Future Career Thinking
The Nightmare Man
Eighteen Years Ago - Katherine's Memoirs
The Danger Bunch
A Dirty Man Once Clean is What?
Emotional Mush
The Years That Follow
Epilogue: White Wedding
What the Others Did

If You Can't Take it, Don't Give it

6.6K 158 97
Von clinquant

As always: rights go to J.K. Rowling

Chapter Fourteen - If You Can't Take it, Don't Give it

Hermione was still in shock from the events that had occurred at the bookshop. It was quite a shock for anyone to watch a person die in such a way being that it was so sudden and gruesome. It also worked as a horrible threat for Hermione. A part of her wanted to run and hid if that was the sort of things that Marcus did to people. Yet another, larger part of her just felt more determined to get to the truth.

She knew the sensible and responsible thing would be to tell someone of what she had witnessed and the dead man she had left behind. However, some small voice inside her was telling her not to say anything. The situation was fishy enough as it was and would be made more complex if it was known that she was involved. As it was she was getting enough grief from Blaise and Draco combined. Blaise had finally gotten though apologizing to Hermione, stating how sorry he was and that he just got angry with her because it was a sore subject for him.

Hermione hadn't really forgiven him but whether Blaise knew that or not was a different matter. Hermione had been deeply hurt by Blaise's comment that it was none of her business and it would take a great deal for her to forgive him. Draco was also giving her grief. He stood firmly by Blaise's side in the matter but he was also suspicious of Hermione and her current actions. It was after all, Draco who had found her in Hogsmead all alone and he had been keeping a special eye on her ever since.

The guilt was slowly eating her up and she wondered where the rule abiding Hermione Granger had gone. Had she simply disappeared the moment she'd become Hermione Zabini? She desperately needed to tell someone what she'd failed to report. As she made her way to breakfast she prepared herself, intent on informing McGonagall as soon as breakfast was over. However, she never got that far. What caught her attention was a side article in the Daily Prophet which had all colour draining from her face.

BOOKSHOP FOR SALE

In a surprising turn of events the old bookshop in Hogsmead Village is up for sale. Customers say the book owner mysteriously packed up and left one day. Some regard this as suspicious while others are happy for the owner who had reportedly been thinking of retiring for some time. One customer, Mrs. Featherton explained how thrilled she was that the owner had finally retired and hoped he'd gone somewhere warm and sunny as a retirement treat. Who knows why the book store owner suddenly had a change of heart and retired from his beloved book shop and who knows if the bookshop will remain? The question is what prompted this unexpected retirement and who will now buy the shop...

Hermione read and reread the article with confusion in her eyes. How could the bookshop owner have this article about him when he was dead and not retired? Who had written this article? Who had given the information?

Oh my god thought Hermione, was Marcus Boyle in Hogsmead? Did he come to dispose of the evidence? Though she wished to the high heavens that he hadn't realised there were any witnesses to his murder, she hoped that if he suspected that he didn't know it was her. Shit, shit, shit chanted Hermione as she completely lost her happy outlook for the day. She would keep her silence about her involvement now. Perhaps it was selfish but she didn't want to end up like the book store owner. She wasn't about to give up on her quest to find her Father but she didn't want to continue her search right now, not when things seemed so dangerous. She'd have to do more research first.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Did you ever wonder what happened to Ginny after the ball? She'd been so quiet and withdrawn lately that Hermione had almost forgotten about all the insults she'd thrown. There was always Pavarti picking up the slack but she had always been a bitch. Even Ronald had quietened down but that might have something to do with his nightly stuffed visitor rather than anything else...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

The Weasley's

Ginny had been going downhill for quite some time now. She was still her bitchy annoying self but that was put aside with the current way she felt. It had all happened when Krum had been taken out by the Auror Squad. As she'd watched him be taken down, her head started to spin and she'd grown both nauseous and clammy handed. She'd been standing off to the side as it was, confused by the lack of potion reaction with Draco that she hadn't really been paying attention to what had happened. Now she seemed to be in a constant state of sickness, her magic was acting strangely, almost as if it were pulling her towards some unseen object. You'd think that Ginny would have read all the side effects of the potion before she made and administrated it. She'd been so caught up with her plan that she hadn't taken the proper precautions. She didn't know that when the potion interacted with someone who's magic was harmoniously joined with hers that they would become bonded. Bonded as in being married without having to go through a wedding or bonding ritual.

She also should have been more careful when she'd sneaked the potion into the glass at the ball. Sure she'd looked around to make sure no one had seen her but in doing so she'd taken her eyes off the glasses and therefore hadn't noticed when someone spelled the glasses to switch positions. She hadn't counted on the person of her affections being so suspicious of her actions. Draco didn't need to look directly at Ginny to realise what she was up to. Funnily enough he wasn't new to girls trying to outsmart him with potions and spells and could spot a suspiciously acting girl a mile off. All Pureblood heirs were taught to protect themselves from money grabbing whores like Ginny.

Thus the potion Ginny intended for Draco to drink was actually drunk by Victor Krum. You can just guess what happened then can't you. If you are thinking oh shit their magic bonded, you'd be right. Ginny was feeling so sick and weak because she was away from her bonded. They needed to consummate the bonding soon or one or both of them would go mad...or worse die. She needed to find her bonded lover quickly before the consequences took over. It was funny how the people who wanted what they never deserved always forgot to read the fine print. When life hands you lemons they obviously forgot they were supposed to make lemonade and tried to make orange juice instead.

Victor Krum was sitting in an overnight cell at the Ministry of Magic. Remember when he said 'all publicity was good publicity?' Well he was seriously reconsidering those words right now. He was facing several charges and fines and was given a restraining order that didn't allow him to come within twenty yards of Hermione Zabini. He couldn't understand why they kept talking about Hermione Zabini. He didn't really remember his actions from that night or who she was. He just needed to see Ginny Weasley, he'd been asking for her for a long time but no one would tell him where she was or when she was coming to see him. He was getting rather anxious, something within him was saying that unless he found her soon bad things would start happening.

As it was he was facing a suspension from the Quiddich League and wasn't allowed back in England for a further six months. Perhaps luck was on their side as one plucky young Auror thought it best to inform Arthur Weasley that the confined Quiddich star was asking for his daughter. That in itself puzzled Arthur Weasley for he wasn't aware that his daughter and the famous Quiddich star knew each other beyond acquaintances. If there was one thing that Arthur Weasley regretted in life it was the way in which he let his wife spoil his two youngest children. Ginny especially was tainted by her upbringing for she was the only girl in the family. Her opinion had been favoured by others and her manipulation techniques had been ignored for too long. It was with a heavy sigh that Arthur Weasley traipsed down to Krum's holding cell, knowing that what he found there was sure to be unpleasant.

Arthur was never a man to get angry or shout at people, he usually left that job to his darling wife. However, at this present moment he felt that if he saw his daughter or his wife, something inside of him would snap and he wouldn't be able to control himself. What was his daughter thinking using that particular potion? It was well known for being banned years ago and the only person who Ginny could have learnt it from would have been Molly. Even more annoying than his daughter's stupid plan was that she'd apparently got it wrong and ended up bonding with the confused shouting mess of Victor Krum. Arthur would say it was twisted karma, trying to manipulate people around you for your own personal gain when it was common knowledge that could couldn't force matters of the heart.

How would he react I wonder if he knew the same potion had trapped him into his marriage with Molly?

Well Arthur refused to feel sympathy for his only daughter. In fact, he couldn't feel sympathy for her when she'd done something so stupid and dishonest that he wondered where his little princess had gone. If he was honest with himself the answer would be that he hadn't seen any sign of his princess since she started Hogwarts. Now he had to go to Hogwarts and explain the situation to Minerva. Surely Ginny wouldn't be able to continue with her studies now. She'd have to survive with just her O.W.L's now. After all, she'd sealed her fate and was now for all purposes that mattered, a married woman. She'd have to move in with Krum and she'd be stuck with him for life. Not only stuck with him but stuck in Bulgaria for the next six months. Arthur knew Krum was suspended from Quiddich for the time being but would he ever be allowed to play again? What would his daughter and her new husband do for money and food? Arthur almost felt sorry for his daughter but as the saying goes, she'd made her ben and now she'd have to sleep in it.

Arthur sighed, life hadn't been kind to the Weasley's recently and this was just another situation in a long line of painful ones. He'd have to watch his wife now as he wouldn't let her get away with all the things she had over the years. It was time for him to take back his command of the family. Molly would soon learn what it was like when she crossed her husband. Arthur knew fetching his daughter wouldn't be pretty. She would not be pleased to know she would be stuck with someone who was facing assault charges nor the fact that he would give her no wealth of title. Yes, he knew his daughter well. He knew exactly what she was looking for. With Ginny it seemed that love didn't factor into the equation. She was searching for wealth, fame and titles. That was what mattered to Ginny Weasley. Arthur sighed as fate continued to be unkind to his family.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Draco was walking a fine line between the past and the future. He thought he knew what he wanted but his mind and his heart weren't certain. How could he move forward when so much was up in the air? How could he pick out the fakes from those who were genuine?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Draco Malfoy

Draco was walking past the Headmistresses office as he saw Ginny Weasley being dragged up the stairs by her Father and he smirked to himself. Ginny Weasley being in trouble was only too amusing for Draco. He sighed dramatically, he liked to think he'd grown more mature in recent years. War tended to have that effect on people, especially when you'd been involved the way Draco had. Draco walked around aimlessly till he found himself back in his own room. He stood in front of his mirror and looked at himself.

He wasn't impressed with the image that looked back at him. Looks were important to some and used to be important to him but no more. Draco wondered where his life had gone. It seemed only moments ago that he was a young boy with the never ending love of his Mother and the pride of his Father before him. Yet since then his life had become one complicated mess after another. His life was a series of tremendous ups and downs. More downs than ups really. Hogwarts had become his sanctuary. At Hogwarts he was away from all the pain and the hurt. There was no disappointment from his Father, no fear of darkness and with no rules or demands to be followed. Draco could just be himself.

Well that wasn't so true. He could be himself within his small group of friends but then they'd mostly all been in the same boat since they'd come to Hogwarts. Draco's behaviour to others (especially Hermione) wasn't who Draco really was. It was a front, a fake disguise to save him from disappointment and pain. He needed to have a reputation that pleased his Father while he was at Hogwarts. Now though the war was over and Draco's Father's opinion was no longer his concern.

What has it all lead to? His life seemed empty and unimportant. Blaise had told him not to involve himself with Hermione until he knew what he wanted. He was in conflict. His brain and his heart were fighting hand in hand with his morals and his conscious. Part of him wondered if life was worth the heartache of letting someone inside the barriers he'd created. Chances are he'd get hurt. People never seemed interested in Draco only the Malfoy name and the Malfoy vaults. Was it too hard to want to be liked for himself and not his name? Perhaps a small part of Draco's brain thought he deserved it after all he'd done and all the acts he'd committed. Are you still worthy of love when you've been shrouded in darkness?

Was it worth it? Letting love in? Deep inside Draco was just as vulnerable as the next person. His thoughts turned to Hermione. She had looked spectacular at the ball. She had always looked good, even as Hermione Granger. She had so many different smiles and Draco loved them all. When she smiled her whole face lit up and it was mesmerizing to watch. She got so excited at the smallest of things. She was an incredible friend, she valued knowledge and loyalty. She loved chocolate and Cherryade. She was always putting others feelings before her own and she was incredibly selfless. Draco wanted to let her in, he wanted to be her friend, to share things with her and to kiss those delectable lips but Blaise was right. Draco was being selfish. In his quest to avoid Hermione he'd only been thinking of himself and his own past actions and mistakes. He'd never once given Hermione a chance to form her own feelings and opinions. He should have remembered that feelings aren't one sided they always go two ways.

Perhaps if everyone else could, Draco should try to let her in. It would be hard for as much as she lit up his world he also found her incredibly annoying. They argued about the stupidest of things. It was ridiculous really but every time Draco saw her he seemed to find the need to argue and often the words would leave his mouth before his mind had a chance to catch up. For once Draco was at a loss, he didn't know how to move forward and he felt clammy and sweaty like a pubescent boy with his first crush. He'd never felt this way before. Usually charming girls came naturally to him. He could get any girl he wanted and it was easy to get girls into his bed. What was it about Hermione had made him so nervous and on edge? He stopped starring at his own reflection, there was only so much one could take of their own personal pity party.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

What of Luna? Where is she in all that is happening?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Luna Lovegood

While Draco had his own pity party, Luna walked around in a similar state of mind. Luna knew what others thought of her, she knew they thought she was weird, odd and bizarre. They looked at her in a way that was almost like they pitied her or didn't trust her. Luna never felt like being anything other than herself. Luna had never been afraid of who she was and perhaps that was down to the influence of her parents or a lifetime of not following the herd.

Whatever the reason, Luna was about to take a big step. She'd often wondered why she was put in Ravenclaw. Oh she was clever enough but that seemed to remain the only factor. She could have been placed in any house and been happy. Perhaps that's why she was different. She would have been happy in any house and would have thrived anywhere while others weren't so lucky. Most of the Gryffindor's; Harry, Ginny or Pavarti would have been lost if put in any other house in much the same way as others in other house would have been but not Luna.

Luna had only ever had a small group of friends that was until the creation of Dumbledore's Army. The creation of Dumbledore's Arm opened Luna's world up to the possibility of friends and real friends at that. However, since that fateful day and the trials that they'd all been through since, Luna had re-examined the friendships she'd made and realized that half of them were as phony as the lies told throughout the Wizarding World. Luna didn't want friends who weren't real.

You may wonder where all this is leading to, Luna had already told Potter where to go so what would her next move be? It was simple really, she wanted to follow the one person that she considered to be a real friend – Hermione. Some might argue this point and say that Hermione wasn't a real friend to Luna – just look at how she judged Luna when they first met. However, that was what Luna liked so much about Hermione. She didn't hide the fact that she found Luna a bit different. She argued with her on all the strange facts Luna knew and gave her more of a friendship than she'd ever had before. Perhaps it sounds silly but Luna like the fact that Hermione hadn't pretended to be anything other than what she was and that in turn had made Luna consider Hermione to be a true friend.

The transition from Ravenclaw to Slytherin friends was easier than Luna anticipated. Perhaps that was because Luna hadn't many strings attached in Ravenclaw or that she'd severed all her string in Gryffindor. She didn't really know but she was pleased with how well the Slytherin's accepted her, they didn't call her out for being different from them but rather welcomed her with open arms. Luna couldn't tell whether this was because of Hermione or whether they were acting on their own accord but she liked the feeling of completeness she had that she hadn't felt before.

She was �7>y��c

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

9.7K 255 46
A cruel bind. She doesn't know why. He doesn't know why. Will she be HIS Gryffindor? Will he be HER Slytherin? Find out in His Gryffindor and Her Sly...
20K 702 19
Hermione granger part of the the golden trio has feelings for a certain slytherin but she does not know what she got herself into. Co writer Mary Ann...
116K 1.8K 17
What if Hermione was never a muggle born Granger but a pureblood Zabini? Starts in first year. Dramione. Completed
573 8 13
Voldemort is defeated, almost all Death Eaters are dead or imprisoned in Azkaban. But what to do with those whose fault wasn't fully proven? The magi...