Crystal Eyes

Von MG_writing2703

Ellery Grace Wilson, a deaf teen who lost everything five years ago in a car crash, one that shattered her li... Mehr

The Past Haunts Me
(01)-Ellery Grace Wilson
(02)-James Robert Miller
~(03)~
-(04)-
~(05)~
-(06)-
~(07)~
-(08)-
~(09)~
-(10)-
~(11)~
-(12)-
-(14)-
~(15)~
-(16)-
~(17)~
-(18)-
~(19)~
-(20)-
~(21)~
-(22)-
~(23)~
-(24)-
~(25)~
-(26)-
~(27)~
-(28)-
(~-Epilogue-~)
-Short Bonus Chapter-

~(13)~

3.9K 128 18
Von MG_writing2703

~*E l l e r y*~

      His hand enveloped mine. I tensed, rock solid as he tugged me to my feet and my body left the damp grass. His fingers caressed my palm, shivers scattered my body. James rushed us into the school with urgent tugs. What about the trays? I fingerspelled wearily with my free hand. We will get them after school. 

      My feet almost flipped out from under me when the girl's bathroom swung open and revealed the one and only Sarah. She swiped a look at our entangled fingers. I tipped my head to peer at the ground, covering my scraped up cheek. Her fists clenched when I glimpsed back as my feet were rapidly attempting to keep pace with James. I wasn't even sure if we were headed the correct way.

      I crashed into James' spine when he arrived at a screeching halt. My head smacked into his back because of my lack of attention. He shifted and our hands finally slipped apart as Rhonda glared from the History door. Her eyes were drawn. We walked slowly into class and I could tell Mrs. Tannon's speaking halted when we entered guiltily. 

      We merely slipped past everyone with doomed glances. My hands fiddled at my sides when I slumped into my seat and Rhonda glared. Where have you been? she signed frantically. 
Just as I was on the verge of replying, the door busted open with a harsh dive. James and I both drew our attention, I was a minute late since I had only witnessed it out of my peripheral vision. 

      The principle...Mr. Dallowa made his entrance and said something...by the ways his lips had departed he stated it strongly. My eyes progressed to Rhonda for a translation...she remained a moment before picking up her hands to sign. He wants you in his office...Both you and James. 

       Mr. Dallowa's intense glare caused my hands to fluidly depart towards my bag. James seemed utterly astonished, he picked himself up and cradled my arm as I stood. The weight of my bag added onto the heaviness swelling in my chest. James' traveled nearly behind me, his eyes faltered on Mr. Dallowa's bobbing form. 

      We trailed to his nicely scented office...like pine and freshly cleaned wood. The scent was of little importance though. Sarah sat by the desk, her eyes watering and her cheeks red with a  deep flush. I witnessed her back heave as if she was sobbing and choking. A sort of sympathy build in my chest...that was before it was revealed the reason we were sent down here. 

      I tilted to James who was signing Mr. Dallowa's words, It's come to my attention that there has been some conflict going on between you three. Mostly you two...Sarah claims that Elery pushed her on the bus, called her an inappropriate slur, and slapped her at a restaurant just last night and, when she tried to make peace just a few moments ago Ellery insulted her and tossed mashed potatoes on her boots. 

      My mouth would've dragged on the ground had it dropped open any further. James' glare held the exact emotions streaming through his system. The equivalent to mine. Shock, astonishment and severe irritation. Fury and rage also flourished inside my gut. How dare she? She didn't have to take it this far. Now it's game on.

      Translate me? James nodded. I built up a moment of silence before signing angrily. I made sure Sarah watched my hands as they slammed against each other. 

      With all respect, Mr. Dallowa. She was the assaulter here! She shoved me on the bus, ask James because he picked me up! She called me a deaf bitch, ask James he heard her. She slapped me just last night, I have the scars to prove it. I pulled my hair away to reveal the red irritated scratch marks running down my cheek. After the words left James mouth, their eyes traveled to me. Sarah's eyes cleared up real fast as Mr. Dallowa dropped his mouth open, glancing at Sarah. 

       And we didn't even have mashed potatoes today at lunch! She's been insulting and messing with us since the beginning of the school year. She's jealous of me because James broke up with her and chose me and now she's stalking him and going after me even though we aren't even dating, just friends, I signed, every word was harsh, I was practically clapping my hands together with every sign. 

      Mr. Dallowa rolled his lips together. He studied Sarah, then James. What did James even have to do with this? All the claims were against me. Sarah probably had plans for him. 

      She's right, Sarah had been screwing with us since we started school. Everything Ellery said was true. I saw Sarah push her on the bus, I saw the scratch marks on Ellery's face, I heard her call Ellery that and Sarah wasn't apologizing, not really. She was trying to get me back by being nice to Ellery and yes, she clapped back but she didn't get violent, James signed and said. 

      I swore that if Sarah's sobbing had gotten louder, I might've been able to hear it. I only knew that because her mouth opened more and her body started to bounce further. At that moment, I was jovial I was deaf because if I wasn't, her crying would have rendered me so. Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the least bit sorry for her...but mostly annoyed.
~~**~~

      Every minute was agonizing. Every conversation and confession. In the end, we all agreed on detention even though Mr. Dallowa was convinced Sarah was the liar. It was the policy that we all had to be corrected and we accepted detention other than suspension. 

      Wonderful, I would have to find a way to explain that to Ryan. Thankfully, Mr. Dallowa had agreed to keep this subtle and avoid telling parents....and my brother. Probably because of the scratch marks, if I had to go to the hospital or something the school could get in trouble. 

      Can I still come to your house or... because my mom said I could go and the twins are all good with her. James signed. We sat against the lockers as students immersed the halls. By the time we were concluded with our dilemma, Mr. Dallowa had assigned us to wait against the lockers because our last period was almost up anyways and it was no use. My brother always arrived early and waited in the lot, despite. 

      Yeah, it's fine. Just don't tell my brother about any of this. Please? 

       I won't...Sarah just makes me furious now. I used to feel bad for her but now I can't, not when she's acting like that towards you. A guilty grin tipped my chapped lips. I'd been licking them all day to retain moisture, I wished I'd brought some chapstick or made an effort to put on some make-up.

      Ryan had gotten me some when Olivia suggested it years ago for Christmas but I had never actually put too much on...it reminded me of Allie. Our younger years before the accident and it was all also probably expired by now. 

      I think that's your brother... he pointed out the door to where my brother's black Impala pulled in up front. Ryan spotted us up against the lockers and swayed in, smiling joyfully. I was exhilarated he was able to smile again...after so many years of blaming himself for the crash. There was a point where he would be fine all day for me... then cry all night. I used to peek through the hole he'd punched in his door and see him. 

      He was trying to keep me away from it all. He never let me get close to anything with the crash, isolated me from the law...the man who'd killed my family. I didn't even know his name. I was in the hospital and physical therapy during most of the trials. 

      Come on, I urged. I staggered to my feet, wobbling outside and brushing my hair to cover my scars. The floor wobbled below me as I stepped outside and led James to Ryan's car. He gave James a strange yet friendly glance. I tapped my finger on his window. 

      James wants to come over, we have those audio things we never finished and some studying. Can he come? Pretty please. I want to show him Charlie. 

      Fine with me. Jenna's over so I'll be entertaining her while you guys study but, I will be checking on you two frequently. Hop in, hurry you're letting my AC out. He rolled up his window gradually with another swoop of his arm. A little confusion fluttered my mind...then I grabbed James, assuming he'd seen our conversation, and shoved him into the back seat. Just as I had gotten in beside him, Ryan glanced back to ensure our safety then lurched onto the road.

      Your brothers cool.

      You haven't seen him in overprotective mode yet, just wait. 

      He chuckled, his chest heaving. A laugh, I often craved that I could hear.

~~**~~

      Bright lights fluttered my aching eyes. My lids were sticky, my lashes ripped apart as I peeked them open. My hands began to quiver at my sides, my dry contracting throat yearned for moisture. 

      Pain flourished in my side, my head shifted to the side but not without sharp zipping pain. A fog glazed my mind, my hand traveling up to wipe the sweat off my head. My hand met thick bandages. I gasped, my heart started to pound in my chest. 

      I slapped my hand down onto the mattress, my throat opened to talk but nothing came out. Wires were slipping through my arms and connecting to my chest. My gown was loose and too large. I parted my lips again, my efforts to talk were in vain. Why couldn't I talk? My lips were moving. I panicked, my arms flailing and my head whipping to the side. I screamed for mom, I screamed for Allie. At least I thought. I felt alone.

      The door busted open. My eyes flickered. Ryan. Ryan! I reached out for him, his face was crumbled in concern. His hand was in mine. My hand was squeezing his and my eyes were searching for Allie or mom. I opened my throat and flailed my cords. Tears began to block my sight as the events played out in my head. Ryan's lips were moving. I couldn't pay attention to anything but my hearing. Or lack thereof. 

      I pulled at Ryan's shirt as tears began to stream down his face. His hands wrapped around my frail wounded body. Bandages were everywhere...on my arm, my head, my arm, my waist, and my ankle. 

      A doctor finally walked in. He flashed a light in my eyes, I thrashed in protest and cried out to Ryan, but only black buzzing filled my head. My empty, hollow head. After a few moments, the doctor began talking to Ryan. My eyes were foggy with tears, only his lips moved in confusing words. Until his final words...only two words that shattered everything. "She's deaf." 

      I didn't have time to react. Ryan sprang onto my bed and crushed me against his chest. I sobbed and sobbed. My tears merged with his. I knew Allie was dead. I knew mom was dead. 
We both sobbed until our tears dried and the nurse returned to take me to get a CT of my head but I knew, I wasn't getting my hearing back. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.4K 294 35
(Book 1)Chris is just a normal guy in high school but unfortunately he's deaf and he doesn't understand sign language. This makes his life harder. Ho...
35.9K 1.4K 24
Redeeming love. It's the story of one girl name Adrienne Nelson who try to find her happiness. She never know who is her mother is because it's only...
310K 10.6K 38
'I had guilt that ate me out from the inside and made me want to throw up. Guilt that started as a young child and continued to fester until I was do...
147K 5.1K 40
This is the UNEDITED, ORIGINAL version of Silently Falling. If you wish to find the edited version, please go to my profile and you will find it ther...