Sinners and Saints

vheenessa tarafından

Olivia Silver is accused of the murder of her husband and strives to gain her freedom and clear her name. She... Daha Fazla

PREFACE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Author's important note: (please read)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Sinners And Saints II (Sinners and Saints I Epilogue)
The End....but, IT'S NOT OVER YET !!

Chapter 33

517 134 4
vheenessa tarafından

Knock! knock!

One, two, three!
Grace counted in her head as the door slowly opened at three. Three seconds, that was the interval from when Austin knocked at her door to when he stuck his head in to see if she was awake every morning.

It was like an everyday routine.
She could tell it was him from the way he dragged his feet every time he approached her room. She sat up slowly, maintaining a tiny frown on her face the moment he stuck his head in. She wanted him to see she wasn't in the mood to play.
Austin exhaled and then walked into the room. He knew it'd take more than a long wide smile from him to change what happened the day before.

"How is my only niece in the world doing?"
He asked finding his way around the colorful room and straight to her bed. She moved a little bit, giving him space to sit beside her legs.

She looked so pale and her eyes were swollen like she had been crying the whole night up until the morning.

"I don't feel so good." She said almost in a whisper.

Austin stared at her for a second then exhaled. He slowly stretched his hand and placed it gently on her forehead to check her temperature.

"You're burning hot Grace." He told her with a long look of worry on his face. She sniffed. She looked so tired. "Hold on a minute, I'd call your doctor."

He quickly reached for his pockets so he could get his phone.

"No uncle," she managed to lean closer to him, placing her hand on his to stop him. He slowly turned to look at her. She shook her head.

"But why?"
Grace exhaled and then twitched her nose.

"I don't want Grandma to know, she's going to call me weak again. She'd say I'm just as weak as my Mum again." She frowned, curving her tiny pale lips. Austin exhaled.

"Uncle Austin?" He looked into his eyes.

"Mnnn?" Austin forced a smile on his face.

"Was that really her? The woman from the courtroom? Is she really my mum?"

Austin nodded slowly

"Is she really out of jail?"

Austin paused for a second. He nodded again

"Does this mean now she's out, she'd continue to hurt people?"

"H-hurt people?"

"Well," she rubbed her fingers together "Grandma always told me she is the reason I don't have a father, she said she killed my father and then yesterday, she hurt grandma too, and made her really upset. It means my mother is a bad person doesn't it and if my mother is a bad person, it means I'm a bad person too."

"That's not true." Austin cut her off. He quickly reached for her hands. "Don't you ever believe that. Your mother didn't kill your father. She's not a bad person." He stared into her eyes. The little girl had tears in them. " Your Mother is the nicest person I've ever met." He continued. "She's kind and she has a good heart. She's not the kind of person to kill anyone."

She looked away. She wasn't entirely convinced.

"Hey look at me." He told her, gently pulling her face back to his. "Look at me." He repeated. She obeyed. She exhaled. She was trying so hard not to cry again. "No one's past can or should define them." He told her "It doesn't matter what wrongs we must have committed in the past, it all goes away the moment we decide to do better, to be better. Whatever Grandma thinks your mum did, it doesn't define you. You're a sweet, smart little angel, you're kind and wonderful, you can never be a bad person do you understand that?"

She sniffed

"Do you understand that?"
She looked at him and pouted, she was about to cry again.

"I don't like it here uncle Austin." She said as the tears began to fall again. "I really don't want to stay here anymore. Please take me away, I'm really terrified. Grandma makes me scared. I don't like it here uncle."

Austin leaned closer to her and then hugged her right before her tears began to fall.

"Hey, it's okay." He whispered to her kissing her softly on her ponytails. "It's okay don't cry."

She wasn't listening. She was crying to her hearts content and she couldn't help herself. She was so sad.

"It's okay." He whispered to her "Don't cry anymore baby." he rubbed her back gently. "It's okay." He kept whispering to her over and over again trying to push back the tears in his eyes too. She was almost leaving him in tears . Austin sniffed. "You're going to be alright."
He rubbed her hair

"I promise." He whispered to her and covered his face with her shoulders, taking a deep breath. "I promise."

༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

Olivia hurried as fast as she could down the stairs. She had to meet up, she needed to before they walked out that door. She let the breeze pull her blue silk dress with white flowers detail from side to side, jumping as much stairs as she could till she was right at the bottom of the stairs.

"Ms Olivia."

She ignored Benita without even realizing it as she hurried her way towards the front door right in time as Lucy handed Rafael his jacket. Olivia could see how she was carefully handing it it him like she was scared it was going to drop.

Susan was the first to notice her presence even as her footsteps were echoing around the whole house. She stared at her as she got closer before Rafael joined too. He lowered his brows trying to imagine why she had to run so fast all the way to them till she was almost out of breath.

But that was not the only thing that got his attention,
she looked different, much more beautiful than when she wore that jumpsuit. It only took one long look for him to recognize the dress she was wearing.

"It fits her perfectly doesn't it?" Lucy asked him with a huge smile on her face, noticing the way he stared at her. Olivia slowly turned to Lucy, wondering what she was talking about. "It's almost as if they were twins. How do they suddenly look so alike?" She was soliloquizing now.

Olivia could see how Rafael drew a deep breath, suddenly narrowing his eyes to hers.

"What is it?" He asked her, his voice so cold. She swallowed hard and tucked her hair behind her ears.

"Are - you - going somewhere?" She said breaking her words like she was scared to talk.

Rafael hesitated for a few seconds then nodded.

"I have a meeting to attend."

"Uhh," She was so nervous "I wanted us to talk about something."

"Right now?"

Olivia wanted to yell "yes" out loud until she looked around. Susan was glaring at her with a huge frown on her face. It literally threw Olivia off.

She exhaled loudly

"No, no." She stretched her hand to gesture, forcing a tiny laugh from her lips. "It can wait."

Rafael nodded for a while.

"By chance, the person you're meeting with, is she Victoria? Is it about the case? Can I come with y-"

Rafael narrowed his gaze at her.

She sneered.

"Nevermind." She whispered, pouting her lips in disappointment, she cringed.

"Stay indoors," Rafael continued "The world hasn't really healed from the court's decision to grant you your freedom. God knows what they'd do to you if they see you rubbing it in their faces. If you need anything, talk to Nanny Benita about it. I might stay out late so don't wait for me and please don't touch anything utill I'm back."

Olivia clicked her tongue softly

She watched Rafael turn and then head out through the door. Susan followed him immediately.

Olivia exhaled.
She slowly turned and walked away too.
She could hear the door shut behind her with a gentle thud and let out a sigh as she walked into the huge kitchen.

The thought of her being all by herself in that large room terrified her. What was she supposed to be doing in that big house all day?

She was walking towards the marble counter without even knowing it.

At least she didn't have to worry about being by herself. Big houses were beginning to terrify her. She leaned on the counter and let out an exasperated sigh. She slowly turned at the clashing sound of cutlery beside her.

It was only that moment she realized Benita was standing right there doing the dishes.

Benita Scoffed.

"What has you so worked up?" She left a tiny smile on her face. "Don't you like it here?"

Olivia paused for a moment. She turned fully.

"I don't know."  She said "I don't know why I feel like I'm not wanted here. Everyone keeps looking at me in a type of way. Sometimes they don't even look, like you're doing now."

Benita slowly turned to look at her

"I can't stop but feel that's how everyone else out there would look at me. It's really terrifying."

"How do we look at you?"

"Like you don't like me, like I terrify you."

"Terrify m-" Benita chuckled bringing Olivia to an immediate pause. "Nne, no one in this house has the power to judge anyone. We are not just used to having female guests around besides Susan and she's only ever here for work."

Olivia frowned a bit

"Really?" She stretched her legs "Why?" She asked. Benita shrugged her shoulders. "I also noticed that there seems to be so much sadness and secrets surrounding Rafael, some dusty rooms upstairs too."

"Oh my child," Benita slowly turned back to the dishes "Trust me, the less you know the better for you. All I can say is you don't have to worry yourself about it."

Olivia exhaled

She slowly turned away from Benita wondering what it was she meant. 

"You should go to your room." The woman continued again "Lucy would bring your breakfast up in ten minutes."

Olivia clicked her tongue.
Like food was the most of her problems. She rolled her eyes

Whatever she said.
Olivia said in her head as she walked away from the kitchen.

Whatever she said.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3K 783 32
••UNEDITED•• A NIGERIAN BOOK Sylvia Okonkwo thought she's got everything good going for her. But the tables are turned around when she gets involved...
11.5K 2.9K 92
THIRD SEQUEL OF THE SINNERS AND SAINTS SERIES! A lot of time has passed and nothing seems to have changed. Rafael and Olivia are still in an endless...
74.6K 10.8K 44
|| Farida was no doubt a hard worker. She was never one to back down from a task and everyone at work loved her for that. Well, everyone but her bos...
5.3K 715 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...