Lillies and Nightshades

Bởi Victoria_Nightshade

Harry didn't grow up with the Dursley family, he was instead saved by Death. What will Dumbledor do without h... Xem Thêm

Godfather Death
1986-1988
The Men That Don't Fit In*
Kin
Diagon Pt. 1
Diagon Alley Pt.2
S.L. Chaulin/ K.C.S
King's Cross Station
Slytherin's Rules
Update Notice
Hogsmeade pt. 1
Hogsmeade pt. 2
D.O.M
An Understanding
Samhain
BTS: Missing Scenes

Hoggywarts

5.8K 234 73
Bởi Victoria_Nightshade

One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change.

So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills.

He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.

The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation.

He couldn't see any way across.

So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river.

He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was mystified as they rode the boats across towards the castle; the stars reflected over the water and the lanterns provided just enough light to see the boat in front of them. Wings flapping caused him to look up just in time to see carriages pulled by strange dark horses fly over them; he frowned, contemplating and curious about the creatures.

"Thestrals." Marcus murmured in his ear. The fourth year had followed his gaze and looked at the equestrians flying above them. "They can only be seen by those who have seen death."

Light eyes met dark and Harry looked away, keeping his secrets his own; unbeknownst to him, Marcus smiled slightly and looked back up at the sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog.

But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When they reached the shores, an older woman dressed in dark blue robes and a traditional witches hat stood awaiting the incoming students. She had a regal persona that reminded Harry of Mrs. Malfoy, but it was slightly softer.

"Second Year through Seventh are to follow Professor Snape and Professor Sinistra to the Great Hall to be seated for the feast. For those of you joining us for your first year here.... Welcome to Hogwarts!" She gestured widely at the grand castle and smirked at the young witches and wizards. The other two professors rolled their eyes at the older woman's antics and gestured for the older students to follow them into the castle; Marcus brushed a hand across Harry's shoulders as a goodbye gesture and nodded at the group.

After a brief explanation of the layout of the school, they stopped in front of a large set of ornate doors; like most of the castle, they were grand, with large panes of glass and carved wood.

"Now in a few moments, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates," Professor McGonagall started, stopping at the top of the stairs before turning around to face them. "But... before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses." Draco nudged Harry, giving him a small smile.

"There are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule breaking-" She glanced at Ron, who's eye widened when she made eye contact with him. "And you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup-"

~There's a pest on the floor~ Hamlet hissed, tucking his head close to the top of Harry's ear. He said it moments before a clumsy looking boy exclaimed "Trevor!" as he ran up the stairs towards a toad that was sitting at McGonagall's feet. Harry chuckled at the frightened rib-bit the toad gave out.

McGonagall huffed, but continued. "The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily." She turned back around sharply and pushed through the doors; Harry could just see another professor handing her a rolled up piece of parchment before she walked back out of the hall. "We're ready for you now."

The Great Hall was...well... very interesting, at least in Harry's opinion. It was very old fashioned, but what could he say- it was an old castle. He felt the ambient magic hum under his feet and tug at his core; old, but very sassy. Needless to say, Harry loved it. There were four long tables, each for a designated house, and each filled with students; candles floated in the air and above them, Harry could see a very complex rune chain that made the ceiling look like the night sky outside. At the front of the room was a long table that sat the professors and Headmaster of Hogwarts, as well as a golden phoenix pedestal; next to it was a stool and McGonagall, who gestured for the students to line up in front of her.

"Before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." She said, her voice quieting down the hall.

An old man, wearing a set of colorful robes and a beard so long he tucked it into his belt, stood up. "I have a few start of term notices I would like to announce. First Years, please note... that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students... also our caretaker Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds- to everyone that does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." Harry snorted and glanced at Ron and Draco, both of whom had confused and horrified looks on their faces.

McGonagall cleared her throat, bringing the attention back to her. "When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the Sorting Hat onto your head, and you will be sorted into your new Houses. Hermione Granger!"

A girl huffed near Harry and took a step forward; she was a couple shades darker than him with bushy corkscrew hair and slightly large teeth. She had light freckles across her nose and cheeks and sharp eyes that reminded Harry of his mother. She whispered some words of encouragement to herself; not that Harry could hear what she was saying, but it made Ron speak up.

"Mental that one." He whispered in Harry's ear. The other boy elbowed him in the ribs, shushing him.

She sat on the stool and McGonagall put the worn looking hat on her head and then it began. The hat barely spent two minutes on her head before it yelled out, "Ravenclaw!"

The tables clapped and jeered, congratulating the young witch and an older student ushered her over to the table.

"Draco Malfoy!" McGonagall called out. Draco pursed his lips and nodded his head, determined. Harry smiled at his friend and clapped him on the back.

The hat didn't even need to touch his head. The old relic just hovered over his head and yelled out, "Slytherin!" Harry snickered as Draco smirked, his haughty expression very much matching the Malfoy reputation of 'I'm Better than you'.

"Susan Bones!" A skinny looking girl with long tawny hair scrambled up the steps to sit on the stool.

~The Dark One you like isss here.~ Hamlet hissed quietly, flicking out his tongue to taste the new scents around him. He shifted slightly, causing some of Harry's rune beads to clack together.

The boy looked around the professors table, and sure enough, Severus was seated at the far left next to a man in a turban. He made eye contact with smiled at his 'Uncle'; Severus rolled his eyes, but gave him a small smile back. Harry just grinned widely and shifted his gaze back to the man in the turban. There was something strange about him... Just as the thought had come, a burning sensation ripped through his head, right where his scar was.

"Hufflepuff!" Harry winced and rubbed his forehead discreetly. Severus frowned as he watched Hadrian rub at his scar. He would have to ask about it later.

"Ronald Weasley!" McGonagall called out. Ron's eyes widened and he looked at Harry, who pushed down the pain and gave him an encouraging smile.

'Remember, what ever house you're in, we will still be friends." Harry whispered to him, pushing him up to the front. The redhead swallowed and sat down. The hat was placed upon his head and didn't raise for another three minutes.

Ron gave a weak smile and the hat yelled out, "Slytherin!"

The clapping was slow, but there; two redheads who sat at the Slytherin table jumped up and cheered, waving him over.

His brothers, more than likely, Harry thought, smirking as he caught sight of Draco's flabbergasted expression.

"Harry Potter!" McGonagall said. Harry threatened to move, but one glance at Severus made him stay put. He wasn't Harry Potter. He was Hadrian Graemark. No matter what, it was decreed by Magic and Law that he was the official son of both Cecily Graemark and James and Lily Potter. McGonagall called out the name again, this time louder and when no one came up, she proceeded.

"Dean Thomas!" The names went on for a bit, a couple more students went to Slytherin, a good amount to Gryffindor, a lot to Hufflepuff and some trickled into Ravenclaw.

"Hadrian Graemark!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river.

He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger.

The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river.

The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown.

He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back.

A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry glanced around, a bit nervously, before straightening his back and walking up the steps to sit on the stool. McGonagall placed the hat on his head and a voice entered his mind.

Hmm, difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see, a very good mind too- no doubt from your mother Cecily, brilliant student, she was- there's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself... But where to put you...?

"I think I know where I want to go." He whispered to the hat. "I know where most would want me to go, but I think, despite everything, I would like to go there please."

I see... unexpected, but ah, yes. I see, I see, that is your plan is it? Very well, smart boy, you are. You do have ambition don't you? You will be great you know and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, there's no doubt about that. Very well...

"Slytherin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

Self destruction - "Its my Nature", said the Scorpion...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

447K 8.6K 50
You are a wizard who doesn't know his mother because she died when you were a young age. You have a brother who is close to you but distant. And fath...
177K 5K 16
Its been 10 years since HE died. And now Voldemort rules the wizarding world freely without anyone being able to stop him. Every rebel has been beate...
120K 4.5K 41
Harry is given the opportunity to go back in time after he does during the war by Death himself! Harry has always been Master of Death more so now th...
514K 21.2K 29
Harry and Tom's souls are tied together. Which is why they're in this endless loop of rebirth. At some point, they stopped caring and just started fu...