Long Way From Love (Mark Free...

Od JoviEurope83

Mark Free and Lissa are childhood friends, their relationship is put to the test when Lissa is kidnapped and... Více

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: After School
Chapter 3: After School Part 2
Chapter 4: Pizza Hut Mishaps?
Chapter 5: Give a Little Bit
Chapter Sixx: OWWWW, this hurts
Chapter 7: Are you drooling over Robert Plant?
Chapter 8: I'm In love with my car
Chapter 9: Graduation
Chapter 10: Are you okay?
Chapter 11: Morning Accidents, Nighttime Concerts.
Chapter 12: I'll never leave you
Chapter 13: Your In W.A.S.P!!!
Chapter 14: Photo-shoot
Chapter 15: I don't like her
Chapter 16: Um... Mark?
Chapter 17: Dancing With Desire
Chapter 18: I think I have enough money?
Chapter 19: I'm Buying The Furniture.
Chapter 20: Food
Chapter 21: Help Move
Chapter 22: Good Night, Good Morning
Chapter 23: I guess it's lunch.
Chapter 24: I hate saying goodbye.
A/N and Valentines day special.
Chapter 26: I hate saying goodbyes, part 2.
Chapter 27: A Biscuit.
Chapter 28: I hate doing stuff
Chapter 29: Sleep, Eat, Get Hit In The Face, Repeat.
Chapter 30: Raccoon!
Chapter 31: Back Home
Chapter 32: You Need to Eat!
Chapter 33: Good morning, another day.
Chapter 34: New Years
Chapter 35: New Years, Part two.
Chapter 36: Strange Start to a New Year
Chapter 37: Another year closer to death, Happy Birthday Mark
Chapter 39: But I don't want to wear a dress!
Chapter 40: Promotional things are boring.
Chapter 41: You're going on Tour!
Chapter 42: Meh, it's nothing but a few aches
Chapter 43: It's Just A lot
Chapter 44: Going on Tour!
Chapter 45: Crappy Hotel Rooms and Opening for Maiden
Chapter 46: Up's And Downs Of Tour
*Writing improvement at this chapter* Chapter 47: I don't feel older...

Chapter 38: Who knew one could hate flying so much?

16 4 2
Od JoviEurope83

Five day's later, April 17, 1985:

"Wake-up." I faintly heard a male's voice say. My body shook, but that still did not wake me. "Lissa, come on baby girl, you gotta get up." The voice got louder as it talked.

The word's 'baby' and 'girl' got me to become more conscious. I opened my eye's, my ears buzzed and my vision was blurry. Slowly, the form of a blond man, Mark, came into my eye's. My mind didn't quite comprehend what was going on. 

Why is he waking me up so early, what is it, four A.M, maybe. My body slowly arose from where it rested on the warm bed. I looked over to my drawers to see Mark going through them, impatiently.

He threw me a pair of jeans, Van Halen shirt, and a... Bra? My cheeks reddened. "We gotta go Lis, hurry." Mark's hand flew to point at the clock. '4:08.' Was what it read.

My brain then clicked. I forgot, my god, we have a flight at five-fifteen, in the morning, in an hour. We're going to California, I agreed to go with him, I can't believe I forgot.

I slid on my bra without lifting up my shirt. I then slid on my jeans, proceeding that by taking off my shirt and putting the other one on. I knew that Mark was staring at me, but at this point I didn't really care. We needed to leave.

I went to get up to leave the room but Mark was still staring at me. "Come on, Mark. It's not like I stripped, even if I did you've seen a woman before. So, let's go." I rolled my eye's sarcastically. He stopped gawking and got up.

We then rushed out of the house. I carried what I could, but Mark didn't want me lifting to much so he took all the heavy stuff. The sweet gesture made me smile.

We got everything thing in the car. After that we quickly left. The drive to the air-port was about thirty minute's, maybe a little longer.

I had alot of time to think during the car ride. The main thought going through my tired head being I've never traveled. I've only ever been to Ohio and Michigan, that's only because those states are right next to this one. I've also never been on a plane, that make's me nervous to think about.

It felt like only three minute's of me staring out the window before we were there. We got out, getting the luggage of stuff than going inside, someone took the car to be parked a place that it wouldn't get towed.

We rushed inside, Mark made sure to grab my hand so I wouldn't loose him, even though the air-port wasn't really busy, I would still get lost.

The security line was fairly quick, they really didn't do much, just kind of look us over. No they looked Mark over. This one security guy saw me and pulled me out of the line for a random, quick pat down for who know's what reason. The security dude squeezed my breast, supposedly to 'make sure I wasn't hiding anything.'

All I know is my cheek's turned red and Mark looked just about ready to kill the worker. But Mark really didn't look to intimidating, his blond hair was greased back a little, he had on a black long sleeved shirt that had the sleeve's rolled up to his elbow, and then he had on jeans with white shoes. So, if anything, he looked like a fourteen year old boy who is mad. 

The man searched my back-pockets. He let his hand linger there, my eye's kind of widened and Mark just took a step closer to us.

"Your good." The man said after checking my front pockets. I nodded my head and walked forward, he winked at me.

I shuddered and quickened my step so I could reach Mark a little faster. I felt the security dude's eyes on me. 

I made it to Mark. He wrapped his arms around my back. His hand slowly slid down my spine area to my butt. "Mark!" I gasped, quietly. He looked over at me innocently, he then looked behind us at the security guard. The dude was eyeing Mark's hand on me.

He smirked at the man. We turned a corner and I shook his hand off. "Sorry." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

We walked who know's how far until we found the right flight. Apparently the two bags we had were small enough to be carry on, which is a good thing, that means it cost less money.

It was about five A.M right now, me and Mark have been sitting down and waiting. It was obviously still dark out, so to pass the time I've been watching all the light's on the plane's go by. I was in just enough of a deep daze, watching the plane's. I didn't even notice them call us.

"Hey, Lis, we gotta get up." Mark gently shook my shoulder. I looked over at him surprised. We stood up along with other people, all of them looked tired, like they would rather not be here right now.

Slowly, but surely, we got on the plane. Their were not really many people, but again, that was a good thing, for me at least.

Me and Mark sat down in our seats. He took the window and I took the middle seat, luckily, no one took the seat next to me.

Before I knew it, the plane started to move. Out of fear, I grabbed Mark's arm, hugging it tightly. It was kind of embarrassing because I felt like a young kid who is scared out of their mind on their first amusement park ride but at the same time, I really don't care. Give me a break, I hate heights and I'm in a plane.

"You're not gonna die, quit acting like it." Mark chuckled at my fear. I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut. "I could die, this thing could crash, killing you too." I pointed out. I know, I know, I sound like and idiot.

"I've been on a plane before, the likely hood of it going down is not likely." He again laughed. In a sudden movement, the plane started going up, diagonal. The engines were loud and a whole bunch of pressure was building up in my ears.

I squeezed Mark's arm even more, to the point he probably couldn't feel it. "Lis, open your eyes." He most likely yelled, but it was loud enough I couldn't hear him well. "No!" I shook my head, stubbornly.

I felt Mark's hand guide head to where I was facing him. "Come on, let me see your beautiful eyes." His sentence ended with a laugh.

With a stubborn sigh, I opened my eyes. He looked down into mine and smiled. I let a small grin take over my face, but that lasted maybe half a second. I looked out the window next to him and saw the plane level out.

My mouth opened in a silent scream as I realized how high up we were. There were so many lights under us, and clouds. Oh my god I'm going to die!

"What's wrong?" Mark asked, quieter because the engine wasn't as loud. Wait, is that normal? Why is it quieter? God, I hope that's normal.

I just shook my head. He looked at me with a reassuring smile and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

The flight took forever, about half way through it, my lower back felt like there was a rock on it. I started shifting uncomfortably in my seat, trying to make my back a little bit more comfortable. In the middle of my moving, I must of woke Mark up. He fell asleep about twenty minutes into the flight.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked/yawned. "No, the pressure is making my back cramp up. It hurts so freakin' bad." I complained.

He nodded and slid his hand behind my back, in front of the seat. Slowly, his hand went down to the spot my back hurt, he then, put pressure on it then slowly rubbed it. Surprisingly, it felt better. 

So, for then next hour of the flight. Mark rubbed my back with no complaints, unlike me, who complained about everything. 

Currently, I was trying to get the flight attendants attention so I could get some water. But she ignored me. Finally I just gave in and hit the back of my hand to the seat. "When can I get off this death trap."

Ironically, the pilot came onto the speakers saying that we would be landing in about thirty minutes.

And those thirty minutes was torcher, there was turbulence, that freaked me out. And it was odd, sense the time is three hours behind Indianan time, the farther wast we got, the darker it got.

Finally the plane started to go down to land. I could almost hear everyone's happy sighs. Yeah, so I apparently don't understand the concept of 'shut-up, it's early and we want to sleep.' Because I basically spent the whole flight talking and complaining to myself. Also, everyone on this plane probably thinks I'm insane.

In the process of about ten minutes, the plane landed and we all got off. "Mick is suppose to pick us up." Mark informed me.

He was right, when we exited, Mick was at his car with a girl in the passenger seat. "Hey." Mick waved. Mark started running over there, I followed more slowly. 

We got over there and something was off about Mick. His hair was short, it was still curly and half blond and half brown but it was shorter. He must of noticed my shocked expression. "Don't worry, I'm gonna grow it back out, just got it short to see how it looked." Mick laughed.

Me and Mark got in the back of the car after that. I noticed that the girl in the passenger seat was asleep. "Oh yeah, the sleeping girl is my girlfriend, Anne. She fell asleep because of how early it was." Mick shook his head.

Also, I realized that it was the same time here that it was when we left. Wow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey, I got it written. So whats true in this chapter is Mick having his hair cut. Obviously, he did grow it back but in early 85', he got it cut kinda short, still, he looked good. Also, for anyone who is reading this, happy Easter. I don't know if I'll get this updated again by this Sunday, which I might, but if I don't get it updated by then, happy Easter. 
Vote, Comment, Follow and yadyada!!!  

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

183K 5.1K 24
Once upon a time a gurl was bored in her room and wrote a book... JK So y/n is not having the best luck, her mother her father when she was 13 and go...
68.7K 860 8
Riley is comfortable with being in the dark until Julia shows up with the way to start the light. She knows that she can't let Julia go but being in...
172K 7K 21
Anophthalmia • a child born without one or two eyes ° I got up and took few steps until I was right in front of him. He wanted to back away but I wra...
999 103 51
Feeling like she has to prove herself to her co-workers, Happy decides to jump at an opportunity to write an article for a famous company. Little doe...