Becoming His

Da MelanatedByNature

Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't... Altro

Chapter 1 - New Beginnings
Chapter 2 - Wrong Assumptions
Chapter 3 - Model Behavior
Chapter 4 - Good Enough
Chapter 5 - Get It. Got It. Good.
Chapter 6 - I Got You
Chapter 7 - Blended
Chapter 8 - Trust Me
Chapter 9 - Unmoving and Awkward
Chapter 10 - I Know
Chapter 11 - Meltdowns and Freakouts
Chapter 12 - The 1%
Chapter 13 - I'm Only Okay If You're Okay
Chapter 14 - Vasiliev's Army
Chapter 15 - Your World
Chapter 16 - Being Greater
Chapter 17 - Poor Dick Dunkirk
Chapter 18 - My Heart, My Life, Everything
Chapter 19 - Elephant In the Room
Chapter 20 - Ultimatums
Chapter 21 - Moving On & Passing Out
Chapter 22 - It's Stacey, Asshole
Chapter 23 - Ms Esther
Chapter 25 - Too Perfect
Chapter 26 - Why Are You Here?
Chapter 27 - White Boy
Chapter 28 - Three
Chapter 29 - Broken Birdie
Chapter 30 - Losing Everything
Epilogue - Friends Or Enemies

Chapter 24 - Okay, Perfect

27.9K 1.2K 315
Da MelanatedByNature

{Friday 4am}

Alesha

"I swear I would've gone myself, but when I tried getting up the nausea had me spinning." He only woke up once he felt the bed and realized I wasn't next to him. Coming back from the bathroom, I managed to make it to one of the chairs before I could pass out on the bedroom floor, but I didn't want to worry him, he stresses over me and peanut way too easily.

Chris stood at the foot of the bed pulling on his jeans. "Are you kidding? I wouldn't have let you go anywhere by yourself, especially this time of night. Besides, these spontaneous food runs make me feel like you actually need me through this pregnancy."

"I'll always need you.. to get me food." I said taunting him, he let out a laugh shaking his head. "Seriously though, I know I'm driving you crazy, but I haven't slept more than 6 hours over the last 4 days and the only thing my body wants right now is that spicy deluxe sandwich, a strawberry lemonade and about 20 of those chicken nuggets. Or to throw up. Oh, and some chocolate for later too."

He laughed harder as he sat down to put his shoes on. "I will get you your chocolate, and as for sleep, is it the bump that's uncomfortable or are you still having those dreams?"

"Those are too real to be dreams, I'm telling you something doesn't feel right." I raised a brow, with a skeptical tilt of my head. "If you're not letting me come are you sure we can't ask one of the guys to go instead? Or you could just make me a bacon sandwich, and no-one has to leave the house."

He stood up picking up his hoodie and walked over to me. Pulling me up from the chair he placed a tender kiss on my lips, drawing back to look into my eyes. "You asked for it and I'm gonna get it for you. I'll be fine. We've talked about this, it's probably just mama bear nerves, I'll be okay." I gave him a look that let him know I was against this. He walked me over to the bed, turning me around for another peck. "We will be okay and our son will be perfect. If it makes you feel any better I'll take one of the guys with me."

"I don't know-" He leaned in for another kiss. I pulled him closer to me deepening it, loving how his lips moved against mine.

"If you want that food I'm gonna need you to let me go before I'm the one eating some chocolate." I couldn't hold back my laugh as he playfully squeezed my ass. He helped me into the bed, kissing me once more before pulling away and heading for the door. "I love you."

"I love you too. Don't forget the chocolate!"

"I'd rather die."

"Stop playing with me." I could hear his chuckles from the hall as I put my head down to relax.

-

{Friday 4pm}

I woke up feeling the most rested I've felt since being pregnant. Looking around the room, I notice that I'm alone and Christian's side of the bed is as cold and empty as he left it this morning. Reaching for my phone I tried calling him but was sent straight to voicemail. Trying another 4 times, I'm sent to the same robotic voice. Hoping he's downstairs waiting for my lazy ass, I get up and make my way to the kitchen.

Antoni was sat at the breakfast bar, eyes glued to his phone as usual.

"Hey Toni, have you seen Chris?"

He looked up, seemingly confused by the question. "Hey. Uhh, no I haven't. I got the food for you like he asked, but by the time I got back here you were fast asleep. So if you want, there's a couple cold nuggets and a half a bar of chocolate in the fridge." I just stood there, staring at him in disbelief. "What? I was hungry and those things don't taste that great reheated. I did you a favor." He dropped his head bringing his attention back to the cellphone in his hand. No he didn't.

I picked up an apple from the fruit basket, throwing it at his head. "Next time, eat that; hot or cold, I want my nuggets." I turned to the pantry to grab a bag of chips and then got my chocolate and a water from the fridge. "So he didn't go with you? Did he say where he was going?"

"Nope. He left with Dome and called me about an hour later asking me to pick up all this junk food, but that was a little after 5 in the morning; I haven't spoken to him since. You might wanna get dressed, we have to leave for the engagement party soon and you take forever."

"You are really trying me today, huh. Eat my food and now you putting me on the clock?" I could hear him chuckling as I left the kitchen and headed back upstairs.

-

As soon as I was done getting dressed I tried calling Christian again, but still no answer. I didn't want to show it, but the fact that no one had heard from him or Dominic since this morning made me a little uneasy. I pushed the feeling aside and made my way back downstairs to see Antoni already at the front door. "You look beautiful. Ready to head out?"

"As ready as I can be with a 2lb bowling ball sitting on my bladder. Still no word from him?"

"None. Try not to worry, Raf probably just needed some help making everything perfect for Dani tonight."

I nodded my head convincing myself he was right and my anxiety was pregnancy prone. "Maybe he needed a little break. He's been waiting on me hand and foot for the past 5 months. That's enough cravings, exhaustion and mood swings to bring any grown man to his knees."

"Are you kidding, he lives for that stuff. You say jump and he asks how high with a shit-eating grin on his face. There is no world where he would willingly take a break from you."

***

We got to the restaurant where the line of cars waiting for valet was endless.

Antoni looked ahead at the countless row of cars and let out a groan. "Did Dani invite all of New York to this thing? We should've asked Berto to drive. We'll be stuck here all night, probably better off finding our own parking."

Once we managed to finally leave the car and get into the event hall, we were instantly stunned by the lavishness that should've been expected. This was Danielle Taylor's party after all.

Dani immediately spotted us and made her way over, tugging a smitten Rafael alongside her. "Hey girl. I'm so glad you're finally here. I was starting to forget how and why I know some of these people."

"I told you not to be tipsy every time you meet someone new, you'll end up thinking everybody's cute and funny. Are you guys enjoying yourselves so far?"

"It's been good. I'm just ready to get her the fuck out of here and back home. I got her so close to cancelling a couple hours ago when I was hitting it like my life depended on it." He looked over to Dani biting his bottom lip as his eyes trailed from her chest to her face. Antoni's face swiftly mimicked my own disgusted one.

"We would like to get as far away from all this as possible, so could you please point me in the direction of my man?"

"Chris didn't come with you?" Rafael tore his eyes from Dani to give me a deadpan stare. His always playful face had a serious expression which had me thinking the worst.

"No. We haven't heard from him all day. That's what I tried calling to talk about. I figured you guys were just too busy setting up. Have you not seen or heard from him?"

"Not since last night. Don't worry, he probably got side tracked baby proofing something you won't need."

"I don't know. I've had the weirdest feeling lately. I swear to God when I find this man I'm gonna kill him for making me worry like this."

"Who you gonna kill?" I spun around at the familiar voice that made my heart race in relief.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" I whisper shouted slapping his arm. "Do you know how long I've been calling you?! What was so important that it took you all day and put me on the verge of hourly panic attacks?"

"I will tell you everything later, I promise. But for now I'd like a kiss from my girl. I've missed you." He leaned in for a kiss and I turned my head still slightly annoyed at his disappearance. "Baby, don't be like that. I swear I'll make it up to you the minute we get home." His words whispered in my ear, forming goosebumps on my arms.

"You better put in some work."

"When have I never?"

"Okay, it's clear you couples don't give a shit who hears what, so I'm gonna make my way over to the bar and try to drink away everything I just heard." Christian's kisses drifted from my ear to my neck as Antoni walked away.

After getting back together, it's like everything I felt for this man intensified. Every kiss and touch made me ache for more of him. I hung to every word and sound of laughter he uttered. I was even in awe of how handsome he was; the way his face would scrunch in concentration or how his laugh made those green eyes light up. But the one thing I couldn't fall any more deeper in love with was the entirety of how much he loved me.

-

Tonight felt easy, it felt simple and this is exactly what I wanted the rest of my life to feel like. I sat back relaxing in my chair as Christian draped his arm over my shoulder while he brainstormed couples getaways with Richard and Lucas. He looked peaceful and genuinely happy, I loved seeing him this way, no stress, no worries, just enjoying himself.

Wait. Why is he this happy? Since Vasiliev, there's not been a second that's passed where he hasn't scoped out his surroundings. Even with the security guards he hired, he would still constantly check the exit and entry points as well as the faces of every single person in the same room as us.

"You found him, didn't you?" I cut in on their conversation.

He turned his head to meet my eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"That's why you're in such a good mood, you found him."

He winked at me with a small smile before turning back to Richard. I immediately relaxed against his arm, resting my head on his shoulder and the odd feeling I've had all day washed away instantaneously. He was right, we're okay and our baby is perfect.

The party didn't have to go on for much longer before the fatigue stopped me in my tracks. We said our congrats and good nights to the happy couple, leaving the lively party. Antoni went to pull the car around while I snuggled into Christian's warm chest, breathing him in.

He lifted my chin to meet his gaze. "You better get all your rest in the car because that pussy is mine when we get home." Planting a breathtaking kiss on my lips he pulled away when someone tapped his shoulder.

"You're Christian Marino."

"And who are you?"

Before either of us could register what was about to happen the man raised an iron clad fist knocking Christian to the ground. Within the time that my eyes had shifted from the blood seeping out of Christian's head to pay attention to the face stood in front of me; the man's hand had plunged toward my stomach. Retracting his fist he repeated the motion over and over again with quick strikes, leaving a piercing pain in my side. My body tensed at the menacing grin on his face.

"Julian Howard sends his condolences."

Just as fast, Christian was back up and charging for him. Without hesitation, Chris tackled him to the ground throwing rough punches at the man. His fists struck against the man's jaw, with a few sharp *crack* noises filling the night air. The pain grew stronger as I tried reaching out for anything to grab on to. I dropped to my knees holding my bump, I could feel a warm liquid covering my hands as I tried to stay awake, but my eyes felt so heavy, my head felt dizzy and my stomach slightly colder than the rest of my body. Soon, the music from inside had drowned out and all I heard was 2 gunshots sound out.

My body was moving faster than my mind. I only realized I was laying on the ground when my eyes caught a glimpse of the dark sky and my back felt uncomfortable against the gritty sidewalk. The discomfort was soon gone when my head was picked up and rested on someone's lap. His voice came as if far away in the distance, but the way he stroked my face and bump I knew it was Christian.

"Baby? Hey sweets, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You're gonna be okay." He kept repeating the words each time shakier than the last. I wanted to make one of my morbid jokes but I chose not to feeling his tears drop on my forehead, instead I tried to soothe him and let him know that I would be okay but I couldn't make out any words from the overflow of the same thick liquid I felt on my stomach, filling my mouth.

I closed my eyes just wanting to rest them for a minute, but I could hear Christian begging me not to, so I tried opening them to see his face again but once they were closed I couldn't keep my mind awake either. I'm not in any pain so I guess that's a plus, right?

JJ x

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

1.2M 29.1K 64
Abuse. Whether it comes from a parent or a significant other is an issue that has brought many into being manipulated, ruined, or even shattered into...
2.1M 61.2K 63
"You're attracted to me Royalty, face it for fuck sakes," he said while taking another step closer toward me. "I'm not attracted to men Enzo especia...
I'm here Da Lightblue44

Storie d'amore

754K 24.6K 56
Luca is a 28 year old mafia don, who is trying to better himself mentally with everything he's been through, he just wants to feel free. Kiana is a 2...
3.6M 80.5K 33
"No one speaks to me the way you have been lately" He warned, his eyes trained on mine. "What are you going to do, kill me?" I answered back, my gaze...