For You. {cOmPleTed}

Autorstwa psyxhedelicc

Seventeen year old Katherine (Kate) Hart lived in the bad part of the state. Eighteen year old Stryder O'Brie... Więcej

the one where it all begins.
the one where they meet.
the one with the school.
the one with Autumn.
the one where the girl has guts.
the one where they get closer.
the one with the glass fiasco.
the one with the cramps.
the one with the 'dating'.
the one with the longboards.
the one with Prom
the one with the flight.
the one with the truth
the one with the town.
the one with her dad.
the one with the birthday
the one with the proposal
the one with the christmas party
the one with the phone call
the one with two years
the one with today's the day
the one with the feelings
the one with the surprise
the one with the happy ending.

the one with the job.

10 3 0
Autorstwa psyxhedelicc

-five-

Katherine

A week passes. Same stares from Vanessa, same stares from everyone as Stryder and I get out of his car, same stares as we leave together. Autumn and I had been texting and we got closer. Ryan and I talk at school, getting closer, and learning more about one another. Bryson has gotten creepier and I'm starting to feel a little creeped out sitting next to him. Other than that, I'm fitting in nicely. Stryder's friends greet me in the hallways. At first, I was paranoid they were just messing with me, but they all seemed sincere. Now, as I wake up at nine on this sunny Saturday, I don't want to get out of bed.

I don't like how quickly everything's been changing so quickly. This day a week ago, I was snuggling with Gunner on my couch, watching t.v. Now, look at me, getting out of bed in a strange room. I am glad I didn't have any friends other than Gunner, or this transition would've been even harder. I do miss my home though. I mean I lived there for seventeen years. I shake my head as I roll out of bed. I walk downstairs and into the kitchen in my pajamas.

I yawn as I make myself a cup of hot cocoa. "Morning shorty," He says teasingly. I roll my eyes. "Morning Stryder," He gets into the fridge, grabbing the eggs and jelly. He turns the stove on and goes to the pantry. Once my cocoa is done, I lean on the counter watching him with curious eyes. He comes back with bread. He puts a pan onto the stove, cracking two eggs and frying them. He puts the bread into the toaster. As they finish, he smothers them in jelly. He puts them on a plate and the eggs next to them. He hands me the plate. "Here creepy, maybe this way you'll stop staring at me." I let out a laugh, grabbing the plate. I sit at the bar counter. "Thank you," I say sincerely. I grab a fork and start eating. I smile as even though it was just toast and eggs, it wasn't bad.

Out of the talents I had, I couldn't cook. It did make me sad, but now I'm a professional cereal maker. I smile to myself as I eat breakfast. On Friday during my free period, I was looking through jobs that were hiring and I found the perfect job. Now all I had to do was get Stryder to take me. As he sits in the chair across me, I look up at him with puppy dog eyes. "The point of the food was so you wouldn't stare." I smile. "I was wondering if you could take me somewhere." His face drops. "Where," I think of the name, but can't remember. "The car shop down the road." He looks at me weird. "The dealership?" I shake my head. "The automotive repair place." He looks at me weirdly but nods.

I smile, running upstairs to get dressed in a pair of shorts. I put a black shirt on with black tennis shoes. I grab my phone and license. I run downstairs to see him waiting by the counter. He sees me then starts walking to the car. About ten minutes later, we make it. "I'll call you to pick me up later?" He rolls his eyes but nods.

I get out of the car and walk inside. The smell of tires hits me like a truck. I take a deep breath, appreciating the smell. I walk to the front desk. "Hi, can I see a manager?" The lady nods, calling over a tall man. He looked to be in his mid-fifties. He had black hair, a few grey strands, and blue eyes. He smiles politely at me. "Yes, ma'am?" I swallow my nerves. "I was wondering if I could apply for a job," I can tell he's holding in a laugh. "To be a cashier?" I shake my head. His eyes widen, I can tell I've piqued his attention. "I want to be a mechanic." He smirks. "Alright slick, follow me." I follow him to the back, which a door leads to a garage, a big one might I add.

There were two trucks sitting there, untouched. "If you can fix one of these, you've got the job." I smile, grabbing some overalls off the wall. I put my hair into a pony-tail and grab a toolbox off the table. I go to the truck that had more parts missing from under the hood. First, I reconnect the battery. Then I reattach everything taken out of it. I replace the belt because it was so worn down, it was tearing in my hands. I check the alternator making sure it was still in place.

I get the keys off the roof of the car and put them in the keyhole. I start the truck then run to the front to check what it looked like running. The cylinders were doing their job, the belt was good and new, and then the alternator was working good. I turned on the headlights and they weren't dim. I turn the truck off, then close the hood. I wipe off my black greasy hands then put them on my waist. I turn toward the manager with a smile. He smirks. "Alright Slick, you got the job." I cheer and then jump up and down. "We're about to open, so if you want to get started today you can." I nod enthusiastically.

He nods, going back inside. A good minute or two passes and the garages open. One by one, each is filled up with a car. My first customer has a 2008 Chevy Silverado. "What's the problem, sir?" He lifts the hood open. "As I drive, it makes low medium thumping noises and I can't figure out why." I nod. "You have worn bearings, sir." He makes an 'O' shape with his mouth, I laugh.

All day, I get a new problem with a car. It really made me happy too because I got to practice different problematic areas. There were about three boys from school. As I worked on their cars they told me how hot it was that I, a girl, knew how to fix cars. It was awkward at first, but I just rolled with it. It's now seven and the place is closing. I take the overalls off, hanging them back up. I put all the tools back and wash my hands in the little sink they had by the exit. I walk into the main area and my boss claps. All the other employees start clapping too. I look at them weirdly. "You dear, are our first girl mechanic in a long time. I guess it's a turn on for guys watching you work. You got tipped extra today, making us a thousand dollars more than usual." I blush.

"You're a blessing in disguise and other than that, I really love your outgoing personality. Welcome to the team, I can't wait to start working with you more often." I smile. "Thank you, it's an honor to work here." The guys smile, then leave. I do as well and my boss locks up. I text Stryder, telling him to pick me up. I sit on the curb, waiting. My boss, Eddie taps my shoulder. "Do you not have a car?" I shake my head. "My uh, friend dropped me off. My dad and I couldn't afford to buy another car." He nods, deep in thought. "Well, I have a blue 1977 Chevy C10 pickup in the back. It needs major work, but I'm willing to let you work on it for free here in the shop in your own time."

I spring to my feet, tears coming to my eyes. "You're serious? Like I can keep it serious?" He laughs. "Yeah." I throw my arms around him, almost knocking us both over. "I'll show you it tomorrow, just come in early." I nod. "Oh thank you. This is my dream car. You're literally the best person ever. I'm thankful for you Eddie, truly. This job and now my truck, mean the world to me." He smiles. "Of course. The fact I could make you this happy with a little old truck makes me happy." I hug him one last time, finally letting him go to his car. He pulls onto the main road, leaving me there on the curb, waiting for Stryder.

Ten minutes later his little black car appears from the dark. He pulls up and I get in the passenger's seat. As I buckle myself I can hardly contain my excitement. He looks at me weirdly. "You good squirmy." I nod. "You seem really happy." I smile. "Because I am," He sighs. "Do I even want to know why?" I shrug my shoulders. "Do you like old cars." He looks at me as if I'm stupid. "Hell yeah, I do." I smile. "My boss is letting me have a blue 1977 Chevy C10 pickup." He slows to a stop at a red light. Then he turns his body to me.

"Okay, so one, you got a job," I smile. "Two, you just get a really good truck for free?" I sigh. "Well, as I imagine, it needs a lot of fixing up. He said I could use the tools and stuff there, but I have to do it in my free time." He smirks. "Sounds like today's a good day for you huh shorty?" I ignore the name, smiling. "Very!" He lets out a laugh from his nose.

We drive the rest of the way home in silence. I watch as we pass homes, shops, schools. They had everything in this little town. When we get to the house, I get out of the car as he does. "Thank you," I say sincerely. He closes the garage as I walk into the house. "Yeah," He mumbles passing me. I go into the kitchen to tell dad the good news. He smiles as I walk in. "What were you up to today?" I smile, sitting in a chair. Lee and Anna were feeding Delilah, they smiled as they saw the smile on my face. I tell them all about the job, what cars I worked on, the truck I get soon. I also mentioned how Stryder gave me a ride.

By the time I finished, they all looked at me with proud faces. I smiled as they congratulated me. "I'm happy for you honey." My dad says kissing my head. I wave goodnight to everyone then go to my room. I get into the shower, washing the motor oil out of my hair and off my body. I get out and lay in my bed. I hadn't been on my phone all day and I recieve a million notifications as I open it. I'm not used to having many notifications. I added most kids from school on snap and insta. So I had a lot of likes on Instagram and lots of random snaps from kids. I have a few Imessages from Autumn but that's about it.

I open her messages first. Can we have a sleepover one day? It read. I smile at my phone. Yeah of course! I just got a job, so once I figure out my schedule I'll talk to my dad. She sends a smiley face back and as I set my phone down, my eyes start drifting shut. Today has been exhausting. When I used to work at the auto repair shop by home I'd never get this much business. You'd think rich folk would have personal mechanics or something. Obviously not.

I'm not complaining though, the more money earned by the shop, the less I work and the more I get paid. I smile as I start thinking of my new truck. I wonder what's wrong with it. I just hope it's fixable. My dad would tell me cars any older than two thousand would be harder and more expensive to take care of. All cars are different of course, but the trucks and cars I want would cost tens of thousands just to fix. It'd still have the possibility of breaking down on a highway or something. I fall asleep to the thought of me driving the truck to a beach, something I always wanted to do as a kid.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.3K 102 73
Last story was reported/removed. This is my revised version; meaning I have to start all over. The rating is Mature; meaning only 18+ NO MINORS!!! T...
387 45 12
When Kate lost her father in a fire, she couldn't get her self to be in his shoes. She turned down her dad's job even though she was the best to be c...
1.1K 42 52
WARNING!!! CONTAINS ADULT THEMES THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!! 18++++++ New town... New school... The po...
271K 5.1K 104
"I didn't want a fight." I look down in my lap sadly, "That's one of the reasons why I didn't want to tell you." Chris walks over and sits...