Perfect and Pathetic

By asronan

Sarah Harrington is probably the definition of 'Pathetic'. She lives alone in her family house with more than... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 - Eaton's POV
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Eaton's POV

Chapter 21

6.1K 225 8
By asronan

{a/n} I'm going to watch One Direction's exclusive Where We Are tour movie tomorrow.

And omg, my biggest exam is like three weeks away. Wish me luck!!

ENJOY~

______________________________________________________________________

"Confession is not betrayal. What you say or do doesn't matter; only feelings matter. If they could make me stop loving you-that would be the real betrayal."

― George Orwell, 1984

"L! A! N! C! A! S! TER! LANCASTER HIGH!" The cheerleaders chanting while did their awesome acrobats movements. The bleachers played their instruments with full of enthusiasm.

"Go! Go! Go! Aim High! Lancaster High! Go! TROJANS! Go! Go! Aim High!" (a/n: omg the chants are so lame...)

Eaton walked in first on the grassy stadium and followed by few midfielders and others. Finnick then Nate, the last one came.

The crowd on the bleachers roared for the team, including me. Hydra sat on my right while Emily on my left.

"Trojans! YOU HAVE TO WIN!" Hydra roared louder.

"Seriously, Hyd!" Emily rolled her eyes and I giggled. Even though Hydra was always busy with her chairs and school works, she was a die-hard-fan of our school's football team. She also wore our school football jersey; 'Lancaster High's Trojans' written at the back with white font. Her cheeks were painted with red, gold and white stripes. Poms-poms in her both hands and her head was neatly tied up with a headband which also read 'Trojans!'

She looked ridiculous.

"I ain't give you a shit! Our school will win this." Hydra said cheering for us school team with her poms-poms. "Doesn't give me any shit to give a shit." Emily glared.

On the other hand, Emily hate football, sports in general. She stared at the grassy field with boredom in her eyes. She dressed up so ladylike- strap floral dress, her curly frizzy hairs was tied up into a bun because she thinks was starting to bugged her (which was I realized since sophomore year) she still wore her stupidly dirty platform shoes.

"It starting!" I hissed.

The footballers started to wear their helmets. They formed a circle listening Principal Landon's strategy (he was also the team's coach). I watched Eaton. I couldn't see his face but the way he motioned his body gave me a sign the he will fight until his team win this game. They gave each other a screamed "Trojans fight!" and went to their position.

Lancaster High (Trojans) vs Wintertown High (which surprisingly a public school. They were also known as Greeks)

The whistle blew, the game started.

**********************************

The wind blew shivered down my body. It was already spring and I still wore my army jacket and boots.

My eyes were wide watching every player that held the ball. Hydra chewed her nails, her eyes showed mixed expression. Emily was edge of her seat, the game took her attention finally. This was Trojans last chance to score and they will win...

Finally, the ball that Finnick held was threw at Nate. But he was guarded and there was no way he could escape. He saw Eaton gave a signal to pass the ball at him. Nate did.

When Eaton got the ball, he ran to the goal. Five Greek players ran after him. He managed to escaped the obstacle that the Greeks made.

"C'mon, Eaton. Make us proud..." Hydra mumbled. "Oh my god, c'mon, Sarah's husband!" Emily hissed. I was looking at Emily feeling the embarrassment rose up in me. "He will make it!" Hydra squealed, I looked back at Eaton, he was a few meters away from the goal. But he was out numbered, there was about six Greeks ran after him.

The nervousness rose in my lungs, my throat.

Eaton, you can make it!

The whole school chanted for him. "Trojans! Trojans! Trojans!" The longer we chant, the louder it got.

The whistle blew off. Our school won.

Our school wins!

The crowd cheered out of happiness. Some of them hugged each other, some of them kissed. Our school band stared to play our school song and Hydra hugged me on the side and said, "I told you you will give a shit on this game." so proudly to Emily.

The players held Eaton up on their shoulder, cheering so loudly.

"PARTY AT MY HOUSE TONIGHT!" That was the last thing Finnick said when the team left.

*************************************

My face went plum when I tried to entered the gym room.

Too many shirtless, sweaty and smelly guys.

Each of them yelled, "Hey prez!" Or "Gonna see Eaton, huh?" Or "We won prez!" When walked passed me. It was okay if they tried to say 'hi' but the problems were their body were only wrapped with towel and mostly of them nearly slipped their towels in front of me.

I never wanted to see boys naked. Seriously.

If it wasn't for Emily and Hydra forced me to congratulate Eaton, I wouldn't come to the gym at the first place.

As if I couldn't just congratulate him at home. I sighed.

I walked to the end of the gym where Eaton's locker were. I heard his laughed when I nearly turned to the corner. His laughter was raspy and he sounded so happy. Some of voices heard too. Like mumbles from Nate and giggles for Finnick and some more from people I didn't know of.

"Hello..." I said, popping my head until they can see it. I needed to be careful they probably naked in the corner.

"Hi" echoed all of them in the locker section. Nate squeezed Eaton's shoulders and then made a signal for all of them leave for two of us to talk. Finnick stared at me with hope in his eyes and gave me a nod. "We'll waiting for you outside," one of the guys said.

"Congratulations on scoring the last goal." I said to Eaton who sat on a bench. "Thanks," he said, nervous. He patted the bench and asked me to sit beside him, clearly wanted a conversation. Coming at him, I asked, "Aren't you late for the party?"

"Nah," he said. "Are you going?" His turn to asked me. I shrugged, "I don't think so," I sat beside him. He looked so nervous. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah! I'm fine," His hand sweeping his wet hair and slight formed a blond wave. "I'm fine," he said again. "No you're not." I grinned at him. "How's that?" He asked determined. I knew.

"As a person who living with you about months now, I realized that if you're nervous , your hand will running trough your hair and form a sloppy blonde wave, like right now." I stated, pointing at his head and he stopped doing it right away. "And you washed your hair too." I continued. He chuckled.

"Do you still don't want to smell it?" He lowered his head so it was the same level as my nose. Honestly, I wanted to touch his hair. My hands slowly went up and touch his face. Heck, his skin was also soft. I closed my eyes.

His hair reminded the me of the beach we went. "You hair smells like sea..." I muttered, still smelling his hair. I felt his hands cupped on my mine. Hi face was inches from mine when I opened my eyes.

"San..." He breathed.

"I am in love with you." He said quietly.

"Eaton," I said.

"I am." He was staring at me while his hands still on mine on his cheeks. I saw the corner of his eyes sparkling. "I love you since we were little. I love you even when you didn't remember me. I know you're not perfect. You always say that you're not perfect. But, that's why I love you. The way you treated everybody so equally. The way you worked hard as our president. The way that your hair styled. Yes, Sarah Lesley Harrington. You're perfect to me and I'm in love with you."

"Eaton." I said again, not knowing anything else to say.

I felt like as if something was rising up in me, as if I was drowning, my lungs were full of water, in this weirdly painful joy. But, I couldn't said it back. I couldn't said anything back. I just looked at him and let him looked at me until he nodded, released my hands, lips pursed and walked away.

*************************************

"What are you gonna do after this?" He asked on the same booth when I first came here and watched him performed.

"Don't know," I mumbled, shrugging. My mouth tastes horrible, and I tried to keep it shut for fear of poisoning the bar.

I looked over at Christopher, who his hands were busy tried to tuned his guitar.

After Eaton left, I quickly ran to Marcel's Bar knowing Christopher would be here, working. Emily and Hydra already left for the party and I didn't know where I was going.

"Good," he said, finally looked at me. "Let him calm down at the party first then you guys have a talk."

"Christopher,"

"I'm just saying," he said. "Then what would you do if he just decided back then to wait in the locker room for your answer?"

The party already started hours ago. My stomach still felt like it already done a thousand acrobats since Eaton confessed. And my body still shivered out of fear.

"Prez," he said. "Just reject him if you don't love him."

"I," I said. I kept think that words may fell off out of my mouth, but nothing happened. Then finally, I said, "I don't know if I love him or not."

"Ah, you're conflicted." His hands started to pick the guitar. "Nobody ever not like Eaton Lancaster before, include you, I guess." He played the guitar louder, drawing attention to our booth.

"No, it's not like that," I denied. "I don't know whether if I love him or not but I do know that I like him. It's impossible for me to not like him. I already live with him for six months." I explained.

"Whatever," he said, harsh.

"Are you mad?"

"No, I-" he stopped as of he couldn't finished his sentence. "I-" he said again. Between us the tea the cup were moving.

"I like you, Sarah." He confessed.

"And it already hard for me to know you two are married and it's harder for me to see you like this." He stopped pick his guitar and really looked at me.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I didn't mean it like that. I was just thinking about myself."

"Yeah, you were." He said, not harsh but it hurt enough for me.

"I'm sorry." I said again. I couldn't see his eyes because his hair fell on his bridge of his nose.

"You could be worst."

I nodded, agree. I could.

My phone rang. It was from Hydra. Christopher gave me a signal to answer it.

"Sarah!" She said the second I pick up. "Come to Finnick's party now... We had sooooo much funnnnn." Emily slurred. She must been drinking too much.

"Em!" I heard Hydra hissed. "Guys..." I said.

"Please hurry. Come to this party..." Hydra begged. It must be serious. "Emily's drunk! Finnick and Nate took too much weed that they're high!! I need you help."

"Weed?" I lifted my eyebrows. I looked at Christopher that wondered what Hydra was talking about.

"And Eaton... I don't know what wrong with him but he's off too..." She said, worried.

"Please. Hurry." Her phone went off.

"Um, Christopher." I said. "That's..." I didn't know what to say. He wasn't looking at me, and it felt like invasive of me to look at him. He started to concentrate on his guitar again.

"Well," he said. "If you want to go, you go."

"I'm sorry for saying about Eaton to you." I said. "I didn't mean to,"

I stood up threw my coat on my body. Ready to leave.

"I'm sorry," I said again.

"Me too," he said.

"I didn't meant to said what I feel about him to you," I told him.

"Oh, I wouldn't mind, school president. Have a save journey."

_____________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.2K 35
You have always hated the rich life. Your father, a major in the photography and film making industry. Your mother, a clothes designer. Having to co...
3.6K 304 24
In many ways, Leslie Mitchell is just like her father Shawn. Cocky, sarcastic, has a knack for causing trouble, funny, fiery, and let's not forget, c...
35.5K 1.9K 29
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ...
127K 5.4K 63
Cassie Hansen is one of the youngest assistants to the President of the United States. She's the best at her job and wouldn't want to be anywhere els...