The Final Hope - Transformers...

Bởi babsgordon152

The third installment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew her place. She was a leader, a fr... Xem Thêm

Chapter One
Author's Note
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Conclusion
Author's Note

Chapter Four

1.8K 69 60
Bởi babsgordon152

Episode 4 - Rebellion

[Elsewhere - Jack]

  Jack stepped out of the ground bridge, phone in hand and ready. "Because this worked so well last time," he muttered to himself, then hit send on a text. He stayed deathly still for the long moments that followed, praying that the Autobots' plan would work, before seeing a ground bridge open up behind him. He ran through, emerging in the Harvenger to find Finn shooting him a confirmation nod.

  "There are five Decepticons converging on Jack's former position," Ratchet said, then clicked a button to call- "Miko, it's your turn."

  "You got it, doc."

[Elsewhere - Miko]

  Miko twirled a finger through her hair as she called the number she saw moments ago on a delivery van. "Hello, I need two large pies, Sicilian. Wait, you deliver, right?"

  She didn't wait for the person on the other end's reply. A beep in her ear told her she had another incoming call.

  "You're clear, Miko," Raf said over the phone just as a ground bridge opened up behind her.

  "Sweet," she grinned and hopped through. On the other side, her stomach growled as she stepped into the Harvenger. "Man, I could have really used that pizza."

  Ratchet shook his head slightly, then turned to Jack, who was standing next to the girl. "I've tapped into the Decepticon communications network. Jack, are you ready?"

  Jack cleared his throat. "Decepticon command, do you read me?"

  The medic and Ultra Magnus exchanged a look before the commander said, "I remain unconvinced."

  "I'll enhance his performance with some static," Ratchet offered. It wasn't the best, but it was all they had. The plan had to work if they had any hope of kicking Megatron off his throne on Darkmount.

[Amanda]

  "No," I said immediately, crossing my arms. "No. No way, no chance, no."

  Smokescreen stumbled back, unable to process what Optimus had just said. "I-I can't do this. I mean, sure, who wouldn't want to be a Prime? But I.. I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility!"

  Optimus had chosen to ignore me, his focus solely on the rookie. "Smokescreen, the- choice is neither yours- nor mine to make. When- it is time the- Matrix of Leadership will present itself only- to one whose spark is worthy."

  I got to my knees, getting the Prime's attention again. "Optimus Prime, I completely forbid this. You are not allowed to give away your chance at getting patched up, understand? Forget about the Omega Lock- I can probably figure something out to fix that- but I will not let you do this. Again! I'm not letting you give your life for this!" I gave him a hard look, remembering how he did the exact same thing just days before, which made my blood boil. "Not again."

  There was so much I didn't say. So much I should have said.

  I can't lose you. You're the only family I have. I need you here, Optimus. The team needs you. Hell, the Autobots as a whole need you. You can't just go. You can't.

  But I never got the chance. Because Optimus' eyes flickered once more, before they went out.

  "No!" I yelled, feeling tears pounce to my eyes as I leapt forward, putting all of my powers into the Prime. "No, Optimus, you can't leave! Optimus!"

[Optimus]

  All he could see was darkness for a long moment, then a blinding light with the shapes of... someone.

  "Who stands before me?" The Prime asked, trying to see through the light. "Who beckons?"

  "Come, Optimus," a familiar voice said, causing Optimus to walk forward uneasily.

  "Is it truly you, Alpha Trion?" He asked, unable to believe who he was seeing.

  Alpha Trion nodded. "I stand before you, my student."

  The Prime was unable to form anymore words, nothing intelligible coming to mind. He could hear other voices, so distant but distinct.

  "Optimus! Optimus please!"

  "I see you have found your way to us," A new voice overthrew the faint one, and Optimus looked to the side to see Cleona approaching him, looking as flawless and powerful as she had been before the war drained her.

  "My lady," Optimus moved to bow, stopping when the goddess held up a hand.

  "You do not bow before your equals, Optimus," she said, tone light. "As such, it would seem that it is your time." She held out a slim hand for him to take.

  But he didn't move, even fighting the urge to step back.

  "Optimus, don't leave us! We need you!"

  Alpha Trion frowned slightly. "Why do you hesitate?"

  The Prime looked down. "I do not fear joining with the Allspark.. But for the fate of the Matrix of Leadership."

  "You know as well as us," Alpha Trion said. "A worthy candidate is near. One who will learn to be a Prime, as you once did." He stepped forward. "Take Lady Cleona's hand, Optimus, and join us. Join with the Allspark."

  Still, the Prime didn't move, the distant voices becoming a nagging in the back of his mind.

  "I swear Optimus, if you don't wake up I will drag your spark from the Allspark just to smack you over the head!"

  Cleona's head tilted to the side. "It is not the matrix, is it Optimus? It seems my champion has become very attached to you, and you to her. She's the one grounding you. Look."

  Optimus looked down to see his body, not only lacking the damage he sustained days ago, covered in silver. Amanda.

  "It is time, Optimus," Cleona said.

  It is time.

[Amanda]

  Tears were now falling freely down my face. "Optimus! Please, please wake up!"

  But the Prime didn't stir. I felt everything from grief to disbelief, my emotions on such a high that I couldn't even decipher them. I tried to focus my powers into Optimus' spark, but it was impossible without my ability to focus my emotions first. It was too late, though. Too late for my powers to save him. Too late for the Prime to be saved.

  No. There has to be something. I have to be able to do something!

  "I am afraid even the mightiest warriors fall, my dear. It is time to let your dear Prime go." Cleona's voice rang around my mind.

  No!

  Optimus' chest shifted, causing me to jump onto his shoulder to avoid falling in as his chest plates moved to reveal the matrix of leadership. The first time I saw the glowing blue relic, it gave me nothing but hope. This time, I felt nothing but agony because this was it. I looked back to the Prime's face, my dad's face, and saw no evidence of life left in him.

  "Oh, Optimus," I dropped my head into my hands, not bothering to hide my tears.

  It's over.

  Dimly behind me, I hear Smokescreen stumble back.

  "No," the rookie sounded as grief-stricken as I felt. "This isn't how the story's supposed to end."

  I lifted my head, shaking it. "It's over, Smokescreen. I don't have the power to bring him back. He's gone."

  The rookie looked torn for a long moment, before he glanced over his shoulder. I gasped, having completely forgotten that we had-

  "The forge!" I exclaimed, jumping to my feet. "Smokescreen, put it in Optimus' hand!"

  "How about a boost of magic then, A?" Smokescreen hurried to do as I said. Once the forge was in the palm of Optimus' still hand, I felt a surge of energy flow through me. I aimed one hand at the forge and the other at Optimus' chest, the sudden power allowing me to shove my emotions aside and truly focus.

  "That'll do just fine."

[Elsewhere - Darkmount]

  "All invaders have been taken captive, master," Starscream reported. "And there was no sign of Optimus Prime."

  "So tell me, commander," Megatron loomed over the beaten body of Ultra Magnus, who winced as he tried to look up at the Decepticon leader. "Where might your leader be?"

  Ultra Magnus stayed silent, struggling to get to his feet instead of answering.

  "I will not ask again," Megatron growled.

  "If I knew," Ultra Magnus' voice was low. "I wouldn't tell you."

  "Very well," Megatron said, his anger flaring. "Execute ou prisoners and fire each cannon at the nearest metropolis within its sites. It is time to show the known universe that this planet belongs to Megatron."

  Starscream wasn't paying attention to the Decepticon leader's commands anymore though, and he walked past Megatron, eyes fixed on the sky ahead. "Master, something's coming."

  True enough, a dark spot had appeared in the sunrise, a spot that was growing by the second. Soon, even the Autobots being detained at the foot of Darkmount had their eyes on the spot.

  "The Predacon?" Megatron questioned.

  "Hmmm," Starscream squinted. "Not beasty enough."

  For a moment, everyone froze, their eyes all fixed on whatever was approaching. Only when it got within range did they realize-

  "I know that color scheme..." Starscream mused, still confused. Then it hit him. "Wait, he can't fly! Can he?!"

  It was an Autobot, one bigger than the others, with a jetpack allowing it to speed across the skies. A weapons pack rested on its back, and there was a significant amount of armour on its body. It looked like an entirely new Autobot, except for the blue and red colour scheme that made the Autobot quickly identifiable.

  Optimus Prime's feet barely reached the surface of Darkmount before his fist went flying out, hitting the stunned Decepticon leader hard as another kick made its impact, sending Megatron flying into his throne. The Decepticons on the roof of Darkmount stood, shocked for a split second longer, and then opened fire on the Prime, who reached behind his back and unsheathed a machine gun, firing back immediately. Starscream, with a horrified look on his face, began to sneak back when Ultra Magnus rose behind him, slamming his fist into the Decepticon. That caused Optimus to turn and finally lay eyes on his fellow Autobot.

  "Commander?"

  "Sir," Ultra Magnus' tone was professional, as always. "You're looking... robust." But greetings were soon over, as he didn't miss a beat. "It is paramount that we disable the fusion cannons below."

  Optimus nodded. "Understood." He launched himself off the roof of Darkmount, flying towards the fusion cannons.

  Ultra Magnus pressed a finger to his comm. "All units, Optimus Prime has returned."

  Cheers filled his ears.

  "Yes!" Jack and Raf exclaimed.

  "Awesome!" Miko yelled.

  "Thank the Allspark!" Ratchet cheered.

  Ultra Magnus couldn't help but smile a little, mostly since there was no one here to see. "I repeat, Prime is alive and quite well."

  "Yes!" Finn whooped.

  "I knew it!" Agent Fowler exclaimed.

  At the base of Darkmount, the four captured Autobots exchanged a look before Wheeljack unsheathed his swords, and they attacked their captors, making a dash for Shockwave. Within moments, the attack on Darkmount had resumed, and this time, the Autobots were winning.

[Amanda]

  Fighter jets cut through the skies above us as Smokescreen sped towards Darkmount. Even from the highway leading towards Jasper, I saw the explosion near the top of the Decepticon fortress and the figures flying around it, just before the fighter jets fired missiles. The entire top half of the fortress lit up, fire and debris launching into the sky as the rest of it came crumbling down. Smokescreen skidded to a stop and I hopped out, allowing him to transform and stare at the collapsing building.

  "Aw!" He exclaimed. "We missed it!"

  I laughed, causing the rookie to smile as well.

  "Come on," I said, turning to him. "Let's go meet up with the others. I'm sure they've missed us."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

136K 4.2K 45
The sequel to 'Scars Don't Heal - Transformers Prime'. Amanda Beckett had changed. She became a leader, a friend, and something she never imagined. J...
1.6K 47 4
In war, nobody really wins. The true objective is to lose less people and of what you are fighting for than your opponent. And the natives of Cybertr...
37.1K 1.3K 51
The final instalment of the Transformers Prime Series. Amanda Beckett knew the battle wasn't over, but she wasn't ready to fight again. Jack Darby s...
57.8K 1.5K 33
Amelia Moore is Raf's babysitter since she was thirteen and has known Raf for three years. She is known to be cold and angry at everyone at Memorial...