Behind A Smile ✔

Por deey_jah

On the verge of tears, she smiled. ~~~~~ "I have noticed a thing about you; you don't like being treated lik... Mais

Behind A Smile
1
2
3
Hello
4
6
7
8
9
10
A Few Awesome Reviews On BAS
Notice!

5

11K 897 104
Por deey_jah

Sitting idly in the huge house alone, Zynah felt extremely bored, as usual. She had slowly learned to adapt to the boredom. She smiled sadly as she continued to stare into space. Memories of the past suddenly invaded her mind again.

Before Zynah could react, she was yanked back forcefully and when she was turned around, a tight slap met her face. "Subhan'Allah! How dare you act so indecently in front of my house?" He asked, his voice quivering from anger.

She gasped and her hand flew involuntarily to her mouth. "Dad... I— I can explain. He...he was just leaving." She turned to him. "Please leave." She pleaded as tears prickled her eyes. She could only imagine what her father was thinking of her now — what a compromising situation he had sighted her!

"Why shou—" he started to talk, but was immediately interrupted by Zynah.

"Please." She repeated as a lone tear escaped her eyes. She didn't utter too much words, but she was sure her eyes conveyed the messages her lips couldn't. She was speaking to him through her eyes and hope he would comply. He had to.

With one last menacing look at her father, he turned around and walked away in an apoplectic manner.

"Dad—" before she could finish what she had to say, he seized her wrist a little bit aggressively and practically dragged her into the house. "Dad please listen to me. I didn't know he was holding my hand. I —"

"Quiet!" He hurled. "You didn't know he came here either, right?" He asked sarcastically. "It seems you've forgotten what I said the last time. I will have to remind you then."

"What are you doing? Please let go of her." Her mum appeared from nowhere and begged, making the both of them avert their gazes to her.

"Just stay out of this, Hafsa. I don't want you taking her side now. This isn't the time to do that." He warned and continued dragging her towards her room. "From now henceforth, you are not allowed out of this room and if you ever leave this house without my permission..." He trailed off. "Don't test me. You haven't witnessed my wrath yet and I pray you never. You won't like me." He finished and slammed the door. Hard.

Zynah flinched. She could hear him locking the door with a key and the sound of his footsteps retreating.  She couldn't keep her emotions in anymore and burst into tears. Her dad was disappointed in her for the very first time since her existence – the thought alone shattered her heart. She could take anyone's disappointment, but not her parents'. She felt like slapping herself until she was numb, but she knew better than to do that. She knew her dad well – he would never be able to stay angry at her for a very long time. He loved her too much. Maybe even more than how he loved his other kids. She managed to smile a little as the thought brought a tad bit of comfort to her.

"Zynah! What happened? What did you do to make your dad that angry?" Her mum asked from the other side of the door.

"Mom..." She cried and moved closer to the door. "Mom, please talk to my dad on my behalf. Tell him how sorry I am." She pleaded amidst tears. She couldn't take his anger towards her. She was not used to it at all. It was a foreign feeling to he; she couldn't bear it anymore.

"I'm asking you right now; what did you do wrong?" She asked again for the umpteenth time.

"I... I met up with Bilal." She confessed with her head hung low in embarrassment and regret. What she wanted last for to break her parents' hearts, but it wasn't entirely her fault. She didn't know about his visit until he arrived right inside the compound.

"You did what? Zynahhh..." She slurred. "How could you even do that after your dad gave you orders not to?" She asked. Exasperation clear in her tone.

"I'm sorry, mom. Please tell dad to forgive me. I can't bear his anger." She begged still in tears. No matter how hard she tried to keep her tears at bay, it only worsened the situation.

"I know, dear. Don't worry too much, you know how your dad is. He can never get mad at you. You know that, don't you?"

"I do, but—"

"All will be well in shaa Allah. Just get some rest and don't over think. You will create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place." She advised.

"Thank you." She smiled even though she knew she was not able to see it. She was grateful to Allah for blessing her with such a loving, considerate and beautiful woman as a mom.

Sighing, she spurned the memory from her mind. No matter how hard she always tried to avoid recalling all about her past, she couldn't. How was it even possible for her not to recall her past when that was the only thing she could do alone in that huge mansion of his. She had no one to converse with, no one to cook for and no one to anticipate their return. She also had no interest at all in watching movies or playing games as well. Her life was the definition of boredom, glumness, melancholy and whatever synonyms that can be found in a dictionary.

She picked up her cellphone and subconsciously, her fingers dialed a familiar number. She was about to end the call immediately it started ringing, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. If wanting to hear her his voice after so many years was selfish, then she was ready to be called a selfish person. She wanted to be selfish and quit being a coward for once. Just this once. She promised herself to end the call immediately she gets what she wanted.

"Assalamu alaikum. Who am I speaking to?" Came his deep, steadfast voice.

Swiftly, she covered her mouth with the palm of her hand to suppressed her cries from erupting. She choked out a strangled sob. She got what she wanted. She finally got to hear the voice she yearned to hear again. How much she missed him!

"Is anyone there?" He asked and when he got no reply within the next minute, he repeated; "Is anyone there?"

Zynah abruptly ended the call and embraced the phone close to her heart. "I miss you. I miss you everyday." She cried, pressing the cellphone tighter against her chest. "Will I ever get to see you again?" She asked herself as more tears fell down her cheeks. Her emotions took the best of her and was slowly drowning her in a pool of misery.

She gasped a little and quickly hid her phone behind her as she heard the sound of the main door unlocking. Without being told, she knew Bilal was already back and would start a new drama. Like always. She averted her gaze to the floor and wiped all traces of tears from her face.

Second later, she heard his footsteps approaching and it finally stopped just in front of her. She mustered all the courage she could and kept her gaze fixed to the floor. Inwardly, she was very scared of what he might do to her. Did he hear her talking? She looked up at him and when their gazes met, he got down on his knees and before Zynah could comprehend what was happening, he wrapped his arms around her waist and his tears drenched the part of her dress that covered her abdomen.

Zynah's eyes bulged as if they were about to pop out of their sockets and on reflex, she pushed him away. "Please don't touch me." She grimaced and stood on her foot.

He also stood up and took two steps forward.

Her breathing quickened. She took a step backwards and immediately started backing away from him in an increased pace until her back met with a wall and she could move no further. "What... What are you doing?" She stuttered, trying all she could to calm her nerves. 

He ignored her question and continued walking closer to her until he was barely an inch away from her. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her once more, trapping her in a not-so-comfortable hug.

In spite of how hard she tried to free herself from his hold, her effort proved abortive.

He tightened his arms around her shoulders and buried his face in the crook of her neck. "Don't ever leave me. Please."

Zynah blinked severally like a maniac. It had been a really long time since she last saw this side of her husband. She had even started to forget all about it until he decided to remind her, but she was no fool to fall for his deceits. Not anymore.

"I love you so much, my Zee." He kissed the side of her head.

Now that was unexpected!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

Fallible Por UmmSalmaan

Ficção geral

4.2K 602 21
She didn't know she had it for him this bad until Umaymah told her he will be travelling out. It wasn't like she was going to see him often anymore...
278K 11.8K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
14.3K 518 20
"Please, let him go!" I begged, struggling to free myself but his tight grip around me refused to budge. A scream escaped me as he jerked me around t...
131K 5.1K 27
Being a Muslim girl and in a conservative family with three protective brothers to care for you for your entire life....It makes you spoiled, protect...