Of Love and War Book 3: In Th...

AngelDesaray

READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS (Dawn of a New Life and The Oncoming Storm) FIRST OR YOU WILL BE LOST! War! The Clon... Еще

Chapter 2: The Movie (Teth)
Chapter 3: The Movie (Tatooine)
Chapter 4: Season 1 (Rising Malevolence)
Chapter 5: Season 1 (Shadow of Malevolence)
Chapter 6: Season 1 (Destroy Malevolence)
Chapter 7: Season 1 (Dooku Captured)
Chapter 8: Season 1 (The Gungan General)
Chapter 9: Season 1 (Jedi Crash)
Chapter 10: Season 1 (Defenders of Peace)
Chapter 11: Season 1 (Hostage Crisis)
Chapter 12: Season 2 (Cargo of Doom)
Chapter 13: Season 2 (Children of the Force)
Chapter 14: Season 2 (The Zillow Beast Strikes Back)
Chapter 15: Season 2 (Landing At Point Rain)
Chapter 16: Season 2 (Legacy Of Terror)
Chapter 17: Season 2 (Brain Invaders)
Chapter 18: Season 2 (Grievous Intrigue)
Chapter 19: Season 2 (The Mandalore Plot)
Chapter 20: Season 2 (Voyage of Temptation)
Chapter 21: Season 2 (Duchess of Mandalore)
Chapter 22: Season 3 (The Academy)
Chapter 23: Season 3 (Overlords)
Chapter 24: Season 3 (Altar of Mortis)
Chapter 25: Season 3 (Ghosts of Mortis)
Chapter 26: Season 3 (The Citadel)
Chapter 27: Season 3 (Counterattack)
Chapter 28: Season 3 (Citadel Rescue)
Chapter 29: Season 4 (Darkness on Umbara)
Chapter 30: Season 4 (The General)
Chapter 31: Season 4 (Plan of Dissent)
Chapter 32: Season 4 (Carnage of Krell)
Chapter 33: Season 4 (Kidnapped)
Chapter 34: Season 4 (Slaves of the Republic)
Chapter 35: Season 4 (Escape From Kadavo)
Chapter 36: Season 4 (Deception)
Chapter 37: Season 4 (Chasing Hardeen)
Chapter 38: Season 4 (Crisis on Naboo)
Chapter 39: Season 4 (Brothers and Revenge)
Chapter 40: Season 5 (The Revival)
Chapter 41: Season 5 (The Lawless)
Chapter 42: Season 5 (Ahsoka)
Chapter 43: Season 6 (To Be A Leader)

Chapter 1: The Movie (Christophsis)

1.4K 27 7
AngelDesaray

Zelina sighed, eyes closed as she rested her head against the ships cool wall, stretching out. She was somewhat impressed that the trip had been smooth so far. Recently, her descents onto planets had been full of turbulence and Separatists shooting at her ship.

The smooth ride coupled with the fact she was about to see Anakin and Obi-Wan again meant that today Zelina was in an actual good mood.

"We're almost there."

Zelina cracked open her eyelids to peer at the Togruta Padawan that was on the ship with her. Zelina gave her a small smile. "Good. This will be the smoothest ride I've had since this Force forsaken war started."

The Padawan—Ahsoka was her name—returned the smile, though said nothing. So Zelina decided she needed to coax some information out of her.

"So Padawan, why did the Council send you?" she asked her.

"I've been assigned," Ahoska said cheerily. She didn't need to say anything else; Zelina understood.

"Oh, I see. I heard that Master Kenobi signed up for a new Padawan learner."

Ahsoka shook her head. "No, I haven't been assigned to Master Kenobi. Master Yoda said that I was assigned to Master Skywalker."

Zelina stared at Ahsoka in shock. "Anakin?" Zelina remained in her shocked state for a few moments before she started laughing hysterically. She had heard Anakin's spiel that he would never have a Padawan learner before, and the thought of the look on his face when he heard this...

Zelina wiped a tear from her eye. "Oh, this is going to be priceless."

Ahsoka gave her a strange look. "Am I missing something?"

Zelina, still laughing, clasped Ahsoka's shoulder. "Let's just say Anakin is not a conventional Jedi, and you are in for a pleasant surprise: as is he!"

Ahsoka frowned. "You know Master Skywalker?"

Zelina nodded, her laughter reducing to chuckles. "Yes, I've known him since we were children. How about this: watch how Anakin and Obi-Wan react to the news. Then you will know why I find this so amusing. It seems I'm not only here to deliver a message, but to watch the show!"

"Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Ahsoka mumbled.

Zelina finally sobered. "Don't worry young one. Anakin may be...something else...but he is a wonderful person. You're lucky to be his Padawan learner. We all just have to get through his initial reaction, and then I bet things will smooth over and be all right."

"If you say so," Ahoska said doubtfully. Zelina felt a little bad. She hadn't meant to make the girl think that she was over her head, or that Anakin wouldn't like her. Though at the same time, Zelina was sure Ahsoka would figure it out.

Zelina and Ahsoka felt the ship land, standing up from their seats as they prepared to depart. Zelina's hand instinctively went to her lightsaber at her side; she had been ambushed while being dropped off one too many times not to keep the weapon ready to use.

The ramp lowered as Zelina shifted her weight foot to foot, anxious to get off. Her eyes scanned what she could see of Christophsis, the planet coming into view little by little. Finally, she saw a familiar mess of dirty blonde hair...

With a grin, Zelina started towards Anakin before the ramp even lowered, hugging him just as tightly as she did any other time she saw him for the first time in a long time. "Anakin," she greeted him softly. Anakin chuckled.

"It's good to see you Zee," he said with a small smirk. "Still a Padawan I see," he teased, yanking playfully on her Padawan braid as she pulled away. Zelina smoothed down her hair to fix whatever damage he had done in the process. Her hair had been bleached to a lighter shade of blonde after all the time she spent in the sun during the many battles she had been in.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm perfectly aware of that Ani, thank you," Zelina said with a scowl before she turned to Obi-Wan. "It's good to see you again Obi-Wan," she told him with a wide smile.

Obi-Wan inclined his head, his eyes dancing with a rare look of mischievousness. "And you, Zelina. Though I believe introductions are in order."

Zelina glanced back at Ahsoka as she hesitantly approached the group and gave the girl a reassuring smile. "Oh, right. Anakin, Obi-Wan, this is Ahsoka Tano. She's a new Padawan learner. Ahsoka, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker."

"Master Yoda sent us," Ahoska chimed in. "We were told to tell both of you that you must get back to the Jedi Temple immediately. There's an emergency."

"Jumping the gun, aren't we Ahsoka?" Zelina asked with a cocked eyebrow. At least no one could say Ahsoka wasn't willing and eager.

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but we're in a bit of an emergency right here," Anakin cut in.

"Yes, our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help," Obi-Wan added.

Zelina frowned. "Well then this is awkward. Why is it always you two that end up with all of the complications?"

"Hey," Anakin complained.

"Master Yoda hadn't heard from you so he sent us to deliver the message," Ahsoka explained hesitantly.

Anakin gave a huff of frustration. "Oh great, they don't even know we're in trouble!" he griped. Zelina chuckled.

"Don't worry, you've got me, your problems are solved," Zelina said with a smirk.

"Says the one who's still a Padawan," Anakin shot back.

"Hey: Aayla just believes I need a little bit longer to polish up on a few skills here and there. Everywhere else she says I'm perfectly capable, even advanced," Zelina said defensively.

"Maybe you can send a signal through the cruiser that just dropped me off," Ahsoka cut in.

"Yeah, there's that too," Zelina said as nonchalantly as she could.

Anakin and Obi-Wan shared a look. Zelina rolled her eyes. "Come on you two, let's go contact the fleet."

******************************

"We're under attack by Separatist warships, but I'll try to make contact with the Jedi Temple for you. Stand by."

Zelina eyed the holoimage of the trooper in front of her, giving a small sigh and shake of her head. They really were prone to issues, weren't they?

Anakin turned to Zelina. "So how did you end up out here?"

Zelina shrugged. "Aayla got sent on a solo mission while I stayed behind at the Temple. Yoda felt that someone should come with Ahsoka to help her get adjusted. Guess who got picked?" Zelina asked with a smirk. She met his eyes, unable to help her gaze flicker to the scar over his eye and the two on his cheek. She hadn't forgotten the day he'd gotten those...

********************************

Zelina followed the detailed instructions Anakin had given her to find him hastily, clutching the basic medpac he had asked her to bring under her robes. A voice in the back of her mind wondered why he had wanted to meet her in the industrial section of Coruscant. Why not the Jedi Temple? And if it had to do with Padme, why not just have her meet him at the Senate Building or at Padme's apartment?

"Zelina," she suddenly heard his voice hiss from the shadows. She turned sharply, startled and almost jumping to attack. Had she not seen his familiar silhouette, she probably would have attacked.

"Anakin, what are you doing? What's going on?" Zelina hissed in reply, drawing closer. Anakin retreated further into the shadows, signaling that he wanted her to follow him. She did just that, her curiosity growing as he led her into a dimly lit warehouse room. He kept his back to her, though Zelina could tell that he was disheveled. "Anakin, what happened?" she asked him.

Slowly he turned to face her, and Zelina took in a sharp breath as she registered the nasty lightsaber wounds on his face. Immediately she pulled out the medpac, wordlessly getting him to sit on a rickety crate in the room before she kneeled down and started to clean him up.

"Anakin what happened?" she asked him seriously.

"Ventress," Anakin hissed. "I came down here to listen to a message that Padme left for me, and she overheard. She threatened to kill her and we got into a fight. She did this, but I sent her plummeting to Coruscants depths," Anakin finished vehemently.

Zelina gently made him look at her. The anger was swirling in his eyes, but by now, Zelina had learned not to even flinch or shrink away. She knew her friend's temper well, and she also knew how she needed to treat it.

"Anakin, take a few deep breaths," Zelina told him calmly. "It's over, all right? Try to calm down."

Anakin looked away, but she knew that he had listened. Gradually, his breathing evened out, though he startled her when he grabbed her wrist before she could put bacta on the injuries.

"No, don't," he told her firmly.

Zelina frowned. "Why not?"

"I don't want to forget this. I want to remember it. Let it scar."

Zelina's frown deepened. "Are you sure Anakin?"

"I'm sure."

****************************************

"Zelina? Are you going to be rejoining us anytime soon?"

Zelina jumped a little as Anakin's voice brought her back to the present. "What? Sorry, I was thinking."

"I think you might do that a little too much," Anakin teased her.

"I think you might not do that enough," Zelina retorted without missing a beat.

A holoimage of Master Yoda kept Anakin from firing back.

"Master Kenobi: Glad Ahsoka found you, I am," Yoda said immediately.

"Master Yoda: we are trapped here and vastly outnumbered. We are in no position to go anywhere or do anything. Our support ships have all been destroyed."

"Send reinforcements to you, we will," Yoda said. However, before he could continue, the transmission cut off.

"Master Yoda. Master Yoda!" Obi-Wan cried out.

"We've lost the transmission sir," reported a trooper the moment that the connection was reestablished with the ships above.

"We have to leave orbit immediately. More enemy ships have just arrived," reported a second trooper. "We'll get back to you as soon as we can."

With that, the connection ended.

"It's always us," Zelina muttered to no one in particular.

"I guess we'll have to hold out a little longer," Anakin said bitterly, turning to Obi-Wan.

"Well, my apologies young one," Obi-Wan said, practically ignoring Anakin. "I believe I'm you're new Master."

Zelina hid a grin with her hand, drawing a curious look from Anakin.

"I'm at your service Master Kenobi, but I'm afraid I've actually been assigned to Master Skywalker," Ahsoka said, pointing right at Anakin.

Zelina had been right: the look on his face was priceless.

"What? No, no, no, no, no, no, no! There must be some mistake. He's the one who wanted the Padawan!" Anakin said, pointing an accusing finger at Obi-Wan.

"No. Master Yoda was very specific. I am assigned to Anakin Skywalker, and he is to supervise my Jedi training," Ahsoka said, looking pretty pleased with herself.

"It's true Ani," Zelina chuckled. "She told me so on the way here."

Obi-Wan grinned at Anakin, who looked as if Ahsoka had slapped him...though maybe there was too much horror in his expression for that. It was more like Ahsoka had told him Anakin had to serve several weeks of hardcore meditation with Master Windu.

"But that doesn't make any sen—"

"We'll have to sort this out later," Obi-Wan interrupted. "It won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons."

"I'll check on Rex in the lookout post," Anakin grumbled, already turning to leave.

"You better take her with you," Obi-Wan said with a smirk, putting a hand on Ahsoka's shoulder.

Anakin seemed to be trying very hard to retain his patience as he waited for Ahsoka to catch up.

"I think I should go make sure they don't kill each other," Zelina chuckled, turning back to Obi-Wan. "It really is good to see you again Obi-Wan. It's been a while."

"It has. How are you holding up?"

Zelina glanced away for a fraction of a second. She knew what he was talking about, and she wished he would skip this part of the conversation. He had asked it every day he'd seen her since the funeral.

"I'm fine."

"How are you really?"

Zelina looked him right in the eyes. "The same as you."

That got him to stop. Though she felt a pang of guilt for bringing up Qui-Gon indirectly, she didn't want Obi-Wan bringing up her own fresh wounds. So long as she didn't think about it, she would be fine. Before the conversation could continue again towards a more dangerous topic, Zelina turned on her heel to follow Anakin.

"It really is good to see you again Obi-Wan," she said smoothly before she followed after Anakin and Ahsoka.

***************************************

Zelina arrived not too far into the conversation between Rex and Anakin. It seemed they had started talking about the most important things.

"Who's the youngling?" Rex asked.

"I'm Master Skywalker's Padawan," Ahsoka replied somewhat indignantly. "The name's Ahsoka Tano."

"So everybody watch out, there's two of them now," Zelina chuckled as she came up behind them. Rex smirked and Anakin rolled his eyes.

"Sir, I thought you said you'd never have a Padawan?" Rex asked skeptically.

"There's been a mix up, the youngling isn't with me," Anakin said sourly.

"Stop calling me that!" Ahsoka said sharply. "You're stuck with me Skyguy," she finished smoothly.

Rex smothered his snickers, though Zelina burst out laughing, unashamed, as Anakin turned sharply on Ahsoka. "What did you just call me? Not get snippy with me little one. You know, I don't even think you're old enough to be a Padawan!"

"Says the guy who almost didn't get trained for being too old," Zelina mocked lightly before the situation could escalate. "Force Ani, lighten up, give her a break. Yoda sent her here, I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with it."

"Well, she's not with Master Yoda now, so if she's ready to be a Padawan, she better start proving it," Anakin said sharply.

"Especially if she's going to survive you," Zelina responded coolly.

Anakin shot her a glare before turning his attention back to Ahsoka. "Captain Rex will show you how a little respect can go a long way," Anakin said firmly.

Rex eyed him wearily. "Uh, right...come on youngling."

"Padawan," Ahsoka corrected Rex through gritted teeth. Zelina shook her head.

"It was good seeing you Rex," Zelina said lightly. She had been with the captain before, and enjoyed working with him immensely.

"You too Commander Du'ahn," Rex replied before leading Ahsoka away.

Zelina crossed her arms, shaking her head. "You need to lighten up Ani. Could you be any rougher on her?"

"I didn't sign up for a Padawan, all right? I'm not going to bet held up taking care of a youngling I didn't even want or volunteer for in the first place," Anakin responded.

"Yet you'll take care of an entire legion," Zelina said lightly.

"Because I have to!"

"And technically you have to take care of Ahsoka too, since Yoda assigned her to you."

"I don't have to. I can decide not to train her if I want to Zee."

"But it wouldn't be fair."

"On what grounds?"

"Let's jump back a few years, hmm? You wouldn't be here if Obi-Wan hadn't agreed to train you."

Zelina might as well have shot him with Sith Lightning he seemed so surprised. "That's not fair."

"Oh, how does it feel Ani?" Zelina said sharply. She sighed and looked away. She'd become much too bitter recently. "I'm sorry Anakin...Just give her a chance, okay? It's only right."

Anakin looked away with a scowl before he sighed in resignation. Obviously he could see her point. "All right. One chance. That's it."

Zelina gave him a genuine smile. "Good."

A few moments of silence passed between them before Zelina spoke again. "It's great seeing you again Anakin."

Anakin nodded slowly. "It's good to see you too. How are you holding up?"

She just couldn't escape that question, could she?

Zelina sighed. "I'm still alive. Isn't that enough?"

Anakin looked away for a moment, a thousand emotions flickering across his face. Loss, grief, and pain probably came due to his own losses, as well as what they had been through so far. Also came the agreement, peace, and even some happiness at the reminder that they were lucky, and did have something to be grateful for.

"I suppose your right Zee."

"Of course I am," Zelina said with a smile.

**********************************************

The ease of reunion didn't last long. Anakin and Zelina were called back to Obi-Wan with news of a complication. That complication apparently came in the form of an energy shield.

"The shield generator is somewhere in this area," Obi-Wan said, pointing to a spot on the layout they were all gathered around. "They're slowly increasing the diameter and keeping it just ahead of their troops."

"Heavy canons are going to be useless against that," Rex complained.

"As they get closer I suppose we could try to draw them into the buildings. That might level the playing field a bit," Obi-Wan observed.

"If that shield's going to be such a problem, why don't we just take it out?" Ahsoka asked.

"Easier said than done," Zelina and Rex told her at the same time.

"Well...I, for one," Anakin said slowly. He paused to clear his throat, seeming to be reluctant of what he was about to say. "Agree with her," Anakin finished with a mumble.

"Someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it," Anakin continued. "That's the key."

"All right then: maybe you two can tiptoe through the enemy lines and solve this particular problem together," Obi-Wan said with a small smile.

"Can do Master Kenobi," Ahsoka said firmly.

"I'll decide what we do," Anakin said sharply.

"If Rex and I can engage them here, you two might have a chance to get through their lines undetected here," Obi-Wan said, pointing out each location as he spoke.

"They won't have much time. The droids far outnumber us," Rex said. "So our ability to street fight is limited without the use of heavy cannons. They will march forward under the protection of their shield until they are right on top of our cannons. Then they will blow them away."

"We'll figure out a way. Come on Master, let's go," Ahsoka said cheerily.

"Hey, wait a moment, let's not forget me!" Zelina protested.

Obi-Wan chuckled. "Do you have any ideas Zelina?"

Zelina smiled a little about the fact that he was letting her speak for herself. "Should I make sure these two stay in line? They act so alike, I'm afraid they might blow up half the planet on the way there," Zelina joked.

"It might complicate things and make it harder for them to slip behind the lines," Obi-Wan said doubtfully before Anakin could complain.

"Don't worry about me; I have my own ways," Zelina chuckled.

"All right then. Anakin, I guess she's going with you two," Obi-Wan said with a smile. Anakin sighed.

"Okay then. Try not to fall behind Zee," Anakin said with a hint of indifference.

"I'm probably one of the few who can keep up with you Ani," Zelina said with a smirk.

Anakin scowled as they all started to walk away. He turned to Ahsoka. "If we survive this Snips, you and I are going to have a talk," he told her sharply.

Zelina sighed. This was going to be a long and painstaking mission at this rate.

***********************************

"So, what's the plan?"

Zelina glanced at Ahsoka as she jumped down from her perch, coming to stand beside Anakin. Zelina had reclined against the railing next to him, waiting for him to decide where they were going to slip in at.

"Oh, I thought you were the one with the plan?" Anakin asked smartly.

"No, I'm the one with enthusiasm!" Ahsoka said confidently. "You're the one with the experience."

"And I'm the one with the common sense," Zelina said in amusement. Anakin shot her a look for encouraging her.

Ahsoka continued as if Zelina hadn't spoken. "You're the one I'm looking forward to learning from," she finished, holding Anakin's gaze. Zelina smiled a little at the sight. Ahsoka was already growing on him, she could tell.

"Well first we need to get behind that shield, and get past their tank lines," Anakin said, returning to the task at hand.

"Why don't we just go around, out-flank them?"

"That'd take too long," Anakin responded simply.

"Sneak through the middle then?"

"Impossible. Unless you can turn yourself into a droid..." Anakin suddenly trailed off, and Zelina felt a pit of foreboding form in her gut.

"Alright, you win: my first lesson will be to wait while you come up with the answer," Ahsoka said snappishly. Zelina, however, had watched a daring smile fall across Anakin's features.

"Oh no...what are you thinking now Ani?" she asked wearily.

"Well, the waits over! I've got a plan," Anakin announced.

"Why am I suddenly very afraid? Oh, that's right. Because it's you, and I should be," Zelina said with a shake of her head.

"Have a little faith Zee. When have I ever led you wrong?"

"Do you want me to name all of those times before we leave? Because if I do, then by the time I finish this planet will be under Separatist control."

"Ha ha, very funny. Now come on, what are we waiting for?"

Zelina sighed as she followed him. "Why do I even try?"

****************************************

"Never again. Never, ever, ever again Anakin. Ever!"

Zelina fumed quietly to herself under her crate, listening to the sound of droids marching closer to where she was hidden away. How Anakin always managed to talk her into his crazy plans continued to evade her. This was a suicide mission!

Isn't it always with him, Zelina asked herself. She sighed. It was great to see him again, though since this war had started, they hardly had any time to be themselves. She couldn't remember the last time she had truly unwound and was openly herself. The war had pretty much dominated her life since it had begun.

I think they're getting closer, Zelina thought, stretching out her senses to try and see where Anakin and Ahsoka were. It seemed they had already started moving forward. Zelina waited a few moments, just to be sure the droid army had passed over her, before she followed after them.

"I need to stop picking the missions with Anakin because they're with Anakin, I really do," Zelina muttered to herself. "It's going to be the death of me."

She heard a commotion ahead of her, followed by a very familiar voice.

"See what I mean?" Anakin asked, his voice peculiarly high.

Shots rang out and Zelina tossed her crate off, standing up straight to see Anakin and Ahsoka sprawled out on the ground facing off with a droideka. Their lightsabers flashed to deflect the blaster shots the droid sent towards them.

Zelina, without a moment's hesitation, activated her own lightsaber before rushing to join them.

"I leave you alone for five minutes," Zelina said in a scolding tone as she came even with the two.

"We can't get past its shield!" Ahsoka called out.

"Oh really? I didn't realize that," Zelina replied. While the two backed up, Zelina moved forward, drawing closer to the droid, her lighsaber having to move quicker to deflect the shots.

"Run!" Anakin called out. Zelina immediately realized what he was going to do and started to back up. He was going to need some room.

She was just going to get up and personal with it. Perhaps Anakin's plan was less risky though.

"Jedi don't run," Ahsoka said stubbornly.

"If it's in the plan they do," Zelina responded. "Come on," she told Ahsoka. With that, the three of them retreated; but only for a moment.

"Ahsoka stop!" Anakin called out.

"Make up your mind," Ahsoka responded through gritted teeth.

"I said stop!" Anakin repeated. They all came to a skidding halt before they all spun around, taking a turn in cutting through the droideka as it slid past them.

"Good. You take direction well," Anakin said, his breathing slightly labored as they all deactivated their lightsabers.

"She reminds me of you," Zelina added.

Anakin pretended not to hear her.

"It's about kriffing time!" Zelina called out when the shield generator came into view.

"Zelina, there is a youngling present. Watch your language," Anakin responded.

"Look who's talking."

"Come on," Ahsoka cut in, obviously impatient.

"She is so much like you. It's scary," Zelina whispered to Anakin. He didn't answer. "And yet again you ignore me. I'm going to take that as agreement," Zelina said with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes and gave a sigh of frustration. "Zee..."

"I'm just saying," Zelina said in amusement. "Now, shall we get down to business?"

"Let's," Anakin said with a small smile. The group quickened their pace, drawing closer to the generator. They all came behind what was left of a wall as Anakin and Zelina surveyed the surrounding area.

"Stay close. We've got to be careful," Anakin told Ahsoka.

"Come on!" Ahsoka said, rushing forward.

"Wait!" Anakin called out, trying to grab her before it was too late. Of course, it already was.

"Oh yes, she is definitely, exactly, like you. What's it like being in Obi-Wan's shoes, huh Anakin? Starting to feel sorry for him for having to keep you in line all those years?" Zelina asked innocently.

"Now is not the time Zelina!" Anakin said through gritted teeth. "I said wait!" he called out to Ahsoka as they raced after her.

She had already activated the trap.

"Well, things are about to get interesting," Zelina grumbled lightly. "I blame you."

"Hey!" Anakin complained, already pulling out his lightsaber.

"Just saying," Zelina said lightly as she activated her own lightsaber.

Retail droids erupted from the ground as Anakin and Zelina rushed to catch up with Ahsoka. "Forget about the droids, set those charges!" Anakin shouted at her, throwing himself right into the midst of the droids to draw their attention away from Ahsoka.

"Finally, some action. I was beginning to think you guys were slacking down here," Zelina chuckled, cutting off the legs of one of the retail droids before plunging her lightsaber through its center.

Anakin and Zelina weaved around each other in a seemingly perfect dance, their movements as connected and flawless as if they hadn't been apart as long as they have, as if they had practiced these exact movements every day of their lives.

Zelina had missed this.

Even though she thought she needed the time she had spent away, being away from her friends, from her central support, might have done more harm than good. She had grown the wrong way recently; colder and harsher to be precise. Maybe, if she could spend more time around her friends, the walls she had built up around herself to keep the world out could be brought down, and she'd be able to truly open up again.

The clanging of a bouncing retail droid head drew her attention, and Zelina audibly groaned. Ahsoka had sent the head of one of the droids rolling by, activating several more traps, which meant even more droids for them to fight off.

"Sorry!" Ahsoka called down.

"Whose side are you on anyway?" Anakin asked her angrily.

"I think she's even more prone to trouble than you are Anakin: and that's saying something!" Zelina said.

"Do you think you could stop with the comparisons and help me out here?" Anakin grunted as he fought off several droids at once.

"I'm a little busy myself, but I'll set up an appointment as soon as I can," Zelina responded smoothly, dancing around the feet of several retail droids.

It didn't take long for Anakin to get cornered, and Zelina's heart fluttered in fear. "I could use a little help!" he called out.

"Skyguy! Master Du'ahn! Don't move!" Ahsoka responded.

Zelina, rather nervous to know what the Padawan could possibly be thinking, glanced around to try and figure out what she was thinking.

"What?" Anakin asked, just as confused as Zelina.

When the wall behind him started to fall, they figured out her plan rather quickly.

"No, no, no, no, no, no!" Anakin cried out, instinctively kneeling and covering his head as the wall came crashing down. Zelina had to back up a few steps to avoid getting hit, her heart in her throat as the dust cleared.

Thankfully, Anakin was all right.

Zelina went over to him, grasping his arm gently and helping him back up. "Oh yes. This has got to be revenge from Obi-Wan for all the stuff you put him through all those years," Zelina said lightly, though her voice wavered a little. She was still rather shaken.

When Ashoka arrived, Anakin was on a warpath.

"Ahg, you could have gotten me killed!" he growled at Ahsoka.

"I know what I'm doing!" Ahsoka defended herself.

"I had everything under control," Anakin countered, brushing past her.

"Actually, you did say you needed help Ani," Zelina said accusingly. Anakin shot her a glare that could have melted Hoth.

"I just saved your life!" Ahsoka added, folding her arms and shooting Anakin a glare.

"Did you get the charges set?" Anakin asked her sharply, changing the topic rather quickly, even for him.

"Yes," Ahsoka said firmly.

"Then what are you waiting for?" Anakin bit back.

"Why are we standing so close?" Zelina shot at them both. "Why are we arguing? Why don't we, oh, I don't know, get out of the way first before we start blowing things up?"

Anakin threw his arms in the air and they all retreated a few steps as Ahsoka activated the charges. The debris rained down around them as Anakin gradually started to cool off.

The sound of republic cruisers filled the air as they passed above them, and Zelina allowed herself to relax a little before she gave Anakin a pointed look, nodding towards Ahsoka. She was sitting on the ground, looking rather disheartened. "You should talk to her," Zelina said quietly.

He sighed, shaking his head and shooting her a small smile. "I've missed having you around Zee." With that, he went to sit down beside Ahsoka.

"You're reckless little one," Anakin said, his expression purely serious. "You would have never made it as Obi-Wan's Padawan."

Ahsoka looked away, probably afraid of what she would hear next. Zelina too was waiting anxiously to hear what Anakin would say next.

"But you might make it as mine."

Zelina gave a sigh of relief, smiling warmly at the two as they shared a smile. The tension in the air disappeared, and things seemed almost...right.

"Come on," Anakin said, standing up. Ahsoka and Zelina both followed him as they hitched a ride on a cruiser. Zelina looked at Ahsoka, a small smile on her face.

Anakin was definitely going to keep her. That much Zelina was sure of.

*********************************************

Obi-Wan watched as Anakin, Zelina, and Ahsoka approached, Master Yoda's words echoing in his mind.

Concerned for her Padawan, Master Secura has become. Closed off and bitter, she has been. Much contained anger, fear, and frustration, she can sense in the girl. Believe some good it will do her, Master Secura does, that she spend more time with old friends. Become lost, I fear she will, if continue on her current path, she does.

Obi-Wan could only hope that they could help Zelina. He had already noticed such things in the short time that he had seen the girl, and it worried him. What had happened to the bright and energetic girl he had patched up on Senator Amidala's ship?

She's seen too much, been though too much, his mind answered for him. And things will only get worse. She'll need all the support she can get.

As Zelina stepped off the cruiser with Anakin and Ahsoka, Obi-Wan could already see a change in her. She seemed lighter almost, much more comfortable and at ease. Being around Anakin had always done her good. Yoda was doing the right thing, putting her back around them.

Hopefully they could make the change permanent, and not fleeting.

"Master Obi-Wan, Master Yoda," Anakin greeted respectfully as he approached them.

"Hmm, trouble you have, with your new Padawan, I hear," Yoda said.

All eyes riveted to Anakin, though Obi-Wan noticed that Zelina was smiling, which was a good sign.

"I was explaining the situation to Master Yoda," Obi-Wan said lightly.

"Really?" Anakin asked.

"If not ready for a Padawan, you are, than perhaps Obi-Wan, we can—"

"Well, wait a minute; I admit Ahsoka is a little rough around the edges, but with a great deal of training, and patience, she might amount to something," Anakin said.

Obi-Wan was rather amused that Anakin's opinion had been changed so quickly, though he had a feeling that there was more to it from the look of amusement on Zelina's face. He would have to get the story from her later.

"Then go with you and Padawan Du'ahn, she will, to the Teth System," Yoda continued.

"Teth?" Anakin asked. "That's wild space, the droid army isn't even in that sector."

"Kidnapped, Jabba the Hutt's son has been," Yoda explained.

"You want us to rescue Jabba the Hutt's son?" Anakin asked. Obi-Wan detected an all too familiar tone to his voice, and moved to intervene.

"Anakin, we'll need the Hutt's allegiance to give us an advantage over Dooku," Obi-Wan explained calmly. He didn't miss the dark look that had flickered across Zelina's features at the mention of the Hutts.

"Hmm, negotiate the treaty with Jabba, Obi-Wan will. Find the renegades that hold Jabba's son, your mission will be, Skywalker and Du'ahn," Yoda said.

"Come on Master, it doesn't sound that hard," Ahsoka said in a peppy tone. "I'll find Rex and get the troops organized."

Obi-Wan shook his head. The girl was oblivious to just how difficult this would be for these two, given their past.

"Don't worry Anakin: just teach her everything I taught you, and she'll turn out just fine," Obi-Wan assured Anakin.

"You know, something makes me think this was your idea from the start," Anakin muttered. Zelina laughed beside him.

"I think so too. You should have seen these two. This has got to be some form of revenge for all those years of grief Anakin has given you," Zelina said, her eyes twinkling with mirth.

"Oh, not that again!" Anakin groaned.

"I've already got some stories for you Obi-Wan," Zelina added. "I'll have to talk to you later to tell you about them."

"That reminds me," Obi-Wan said, turning to Anakin. "I have to talk to you about something later as well Anakin. And it's rather important."

Anakin frowned. "All right Master."

Obi-Wan figured it might be easier to help Zelina if both of them were on the same page. Anakin especially. He had always held much sway over Zelina, even if he didn't realize it. If Anakin was aware of the help that the girl needed, then Zelina would receive just that and then some.

Of that, Obi-Wan was sure.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.5K 72 18
In a universe where Anakin defeats Palpatine, he's sucked through a wormhole into a different reality. The Republic is gone, transformed into an Empi...
23.3K 818 55
Akya Sagral is no Jedi. Not yet. And in her situation, you'd think she may never get there. Yet, the midichlorians still run through her blood, an...
12.1K 416 15
After his death, Anakin awakens in his younger body at the beginning of the Clone Wars. He tries to reconnect with his once family while struggling t...
245K 6K 41
The Galactic Republic is in grave danger. Since the dramatic death of the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, the Senate believed the Republic was in no ha...