Calm Before the Storm (Urban)

由 rhymeoverreason

This is the sequel to Joyful Storm! Storm, Joyful, and Reagan are back plus two more; Skylar and Sunni. Every... 更多

Calm Before the Storm
What We Used to Be
Consolation
Doing My Own Thing
Not Down With Defiance
I Messed Up
So Wrong
Oh So Petty
We'll See
Update on Life....
Didn't Think You Cared
NEW STORY!!!!!!
About That Time...
Useless Without the Other
I'm Just Not Ready
Everything About You
Can y'all see this?
Unexplained Sensation
We Don't Do That....
What Does Love Feel Like?
To Our Own Beat

Lost Cause

17.6K 795 164
由 rhymeoverreason

Three Weeks Later

Joyful

“Poppa go put your shoes on. Your dad should be here any minute now.” I instructed my son.

“But, mommy I don’t wanna go with daddy. I wanna stay here with you.” He whined. I let out a soft sigh.

“Come on Poppa, please don’t give mommy a hard time today, I’m not feeling good.” I pleaded with him. He looked at him like he was contemplating his next move then he proceeded to go do as I told him to do. As soon as he left the room, the doorbell rang.

I opened the door and saw Storm standing there. “Sunni! Poppa! Your daddy is here!” I called out to the twins. I turned to walk away and left him standing there in the doorway.

I was still angry with Storm. After ten years of marriage, how do you deliberately cheat? Regardless to whether he penetrated her or not, it was unacceptable. With the way I was feeling today, I was in no shape to talk to him.

“Bye, mommy. See you later.” The twins said to me as they hugged me and went toward the door to their father. I watched them as they greeted their father and I smiled faintly. Storm is a great father and he’s still my baby. I’m just angry with my baby. He really hurt me.

After the twins ran outside toward the car, he looked up at me and our eyes locked into a gaze.

“I’ll have them back in the morning.” He said.

“That’s fine. Have fun.” I told him.

“I love you, Joy.” He said softly.

“Mhm.” I nodded my head in response. He looked a little hurt but I couldn’t hide the way I feel. He finally turned to close the door and as soon as he did I felt the urge to vomit. I quickly ran up the stairs, pushing pass Rae-Rae in the course and made it to the toilet just in time. I emptied all the contents of my stomach and felt relieved.

                “What’s wrong mommy?” Reagan asked, alarmingly. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth before turning around to answer her.

                “Get your stuff. We need to go to the doctor’s office.” I told her.

--------

                “Well Mrs. Jackson, the test came back positive and you are indeed pregnant.” The doctor informed me. Hearing the news is kind of bittersweet. I was happy to be having another child but that happiness was offset by sadness because Storm wasn’t here to hear the good news.  I looked over at Reagan and her facial expression looked rather mixed.

                “How far along is she, doctor?” Rae-Rae asked.

                “She’s about six weeks pregnant. I’m surprised she didn’t come in sooner. You weren’t experiencing any symptoms?” the doctor asked me.

                “Well now that I think about it, my cycle didn’t come last month. But, I just thought that with birth control, my cycles were always a little off.” I explained.

                “Right. Well Joy, you know the routine. It’s the same procedures you carried out with the twins. I’m going to tell you now though, that your blood pressure is through the roof. Calm down or you’re going to lose this bundle of joy, Joy.” He warned me. 

                “I’ll calm down.” I assured him.

                “I’ll take your word.” He said with a smile then turned to Reagan. “You’ll be my lookout. Let me know if she’s taking care of herself and the baby. The baby’s life is in your hands now. It’s your job, along with Joy to make sure this baby makes it into the world. Can I trust you?” he asked her.

                “Yes sir.” She said, nodding her head excitedly.

                “Alright, good. Now here’s your prescription for the prenatal pills. I’ll have the nurse schedule you an appointment for the start of the second trimester. She’ll call you to verify it with you. You two have a nice day.” He said with a smile before walking out the room.

As soon as he shut the door, Reagan placed her hand on my belly. I placed my hand right on top of hers as tears cascaded down my cheek. “What do you want it to be?” I asked her.

                “I want another little brother so we’ll be equal. Two girls and two boys.” She said after thinking.              

                “I was thinking the same thing. I hope it’s a boy as well.” I told her with a smile. “Come on. Let’s go to the grocery store so I can get all the enjoyable food I want because when your daddy finds out, all I’m gonna be eating is vegetables.” I said with a laugh, thinking of Storm.

-------

                “What’s wrong Rae-Rae?” I asked as we cuddled up on the couch. We were watching Daddy’s Little Girls which is actually one of Reagan’s favorite movies.

                “I miss daddy. I want to apologize. I didn’t mean to hurt him. I was just angry.” She confessed as tears welled up in her eyes. I pulled her in closer to me and caressed her forehead.

                “He understands. But he is really hurt. He went through a lot to take care of you and keep you in his custody. You should’ve seen him when your biological father took you away from him. He barely even talked. He loves you Rae-Rae and he doesn’t want to see you hurt at the hands of a guy like how your biological father hurt your mother.” I explained to her.

                “I’m going to call him over right now. I can’t wait any longer.” She said.

                “Do what you gotta go.” I stated simply.

As she left the room to call Storm, my phone started to ring. Strange enough, it was Noriah.

                “Hey, Noriah.” I answered.

                “What’s up, Joy? How are you?” he greeted.

                “I’m doing ok.” I told him. I held back my news about the pregnancy because I knew that was a soft spot for him.

                “Have you talked to your sister lately?” he asked.

                “Nope.” I replied quickly.

                “She’s pregnant…” he stated.

                “What?!” I nearly yelled, as a whole bunch of thought filled my mind.

                “Calm down, girl. She’s pregnant by me.” He assured me.

                “Wheww!” I said wiping my forehead. “So ya’ll working it out?” I asked him.

                “Well yeah. It’s partly my fault that she went after Storm anyway. She explained it to me and I see where I’m at fault. I wasn’t showing her no love or that I cared about her. I was pushing her away from me. Then when she seen the way Storm treats and loves you, she wanted to feel the same thing. I’m sorry, Joy.” He apologized to me.

                “Don’t trip off of it, Noriah. I’m happy for you. I guess it’s a fine time to let you know that I’m pregnant again.” I told him.

                “Forreal?” he asked.

                “Yeah. I found out today. Storm doesn’t even know yet.” I admitted.

                “Joy you better hurry and tell him. I talked to him before I called you. He misses you really bad, Joy. That dude is a lost cause without his better half.” He said. I smiled at what he said.

                “I will.” I assured.

                “Alright, well congratulations. Tell Reagan I’m sorry for calling her a liar. And if our sister calls, give her a chance.” He instructed me.

                “Sure thing. Goodnight.” I said before hanging up the phone. Talking to Faith is the last thing on my mind. As I placed my phone on the coffee table, the door bell rung and Reagan raced down the stairs to answer the door. I watched her hug her daddy like she’d hadn’t seen him in years. I smiled before going in the kitchen to fetch me some ice cream and give them some time alone.

After five minutes, Storm entered the kitchen.

                “Wassup, ma?” he asked.

                “Nothing.” I said shaking my head and eating my ice cream. I looked up at him as he started at me. He looked at me like he was trying to figure something out.

                “Are you pregnant?” he asked, after minutes of staring at me.

                “What made you ask that?” I asked, raising my eyebrow. He tapped my ice cream carton.

                “The only time you eat Chunky Monkey ice cream is when you’re pregnant.” He admitted truthfully. I tried to hide my smile but I couldn’t. He knew me too well.

                “Well, I found out today that I am six weeks pregnant.” I informed him. The biggest smile spread across his face. Storm loved kids. He moved to the other side of the island where I stood and placed his hand on my belly. I instantly melted at his touch. Storm hadn’t laid a finger on me in three weeks.

I placed my hand on top of his and looked up at him.

                “I’ve missed you baby.” I admitted, trying to hold back my tears.

                “I’m sorry for hurting you, ma….” He started before I placed a finger to his lips.

                “You made a mistake and I forgive you. If it happens again I’m divorcing you and that’s a promise.” I told him seriously.

                “I promise you it won’t happen again.” He stated, before pulling me in for a hug. I pulled back from the embrace and stood on my tippy toes so that I could kiss my husband. Right as we finished the kiss, I heard the shutter from a camera.

                “Awwww Kodak moments!!!” I heard Reagan squeal, before she came and joined our embrace.

I got my hubby back.

*******************

Comment! Comment! Comment!

Tell me what you think! Is the storm over?.....nah i dont think so. Leave your predictions in the comments.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

83.7K 2.3K 58
People say opposites attract... Differences can bring out the best in your partner. It can break the cold block of ice that...
100 35 40
Life is hard. For Max and Audrey, it's a never-ending cycle of chaos. Between the drama of fights, relationships, family, and the complications of th...
6K 296 53
Willow needs to make ends meet and pay for her grandmother's medical bills but her measly income can't help the situation. UCLA's heartthrob, Nathan...
338K 6.4K 48
Aurora and Kaden Ferrari have only ever had each other, ever since they were sold at the age of 5 to be put into foster care. They have always known...