Trying to Train a Player (ON...

lalalaLiving által

Jack and Alice are best friends. They have known each other since secondary school. Alice certainly isn't one... Több

Trying to Train a Player
Chapter 1: Green Skin With a Hint of Sparkles, a Stuffed Penguin and a New Girl
Chapter 2: Cold Revenge, Getting Dressed Up and Conversations about Kitchens?
Chapter 3: There's No Getting Away
Chapter 5: Who Are You?
Chapter 6, Part 1: Alice
Chapter 6, Part 2: Sarah
Chapter 7: A Surprising Morning
Chapter 8: Love Hate
Chapter 9, Part 1: Something About Her
Chapter 9, Part 2: Figuring Everything Out
Chapter 10: What Just Happened?
Chapter 11: Time To Grovel
Chapter 12: Double What?
Chapter 13: Eventful Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It...
Chapter 14: Phases In Training
Chapter 15: Mr Ducky, The Teaching Master
Chapter 16: Progress

Chapter 4: Hide and Seek

2.9K 45 24
lalalaLiving által

Hey guys!:)

I hope you all enjoy this chappy:)

Also i cant believe all you guys got me to over 340 reads for just 3 chapters! That is insanely awesome to me and I love you all for it:)xxx you guys are great:)

enjoy!

love lalalaLiving :) xx

All Rights Reserved.

Chapter 4: Hide and Seek

“Now, if I take my hand away, do you promise not to scream?” He asked Alice in a low voice. She simply nodded, her eyes wide with fear and her body trembling. Then she felt something sharp being pushed against her neck, slightly digging in to her skin in an uncomfortable manner. It was strong and cold, it felt like metal, which caused Alice to inwardly panic as she thought of the only thing it could be, a knife.

“Just in case you decide not to keep your promise.” He explained, pushing the knife a little more into her neck, indicating that that was what he was talking about. Alice shivered so severely with fright; it felt like she was in the middle of the Antarctic, caught in a blazing blizzard.

The man slowly removed his hand from her mouth, putting it on her waist as he applied a bit more pressure to the knife poised on her neck as a warning. She whimpered and closed her eyes, trying to wake up from this nightmare. Her mind was blank, clouded with fear; standing there, paralysed and frozen; the only thing she could think to do was plead for her safety and freedom. Maybe it would convince the man to let her go. He had to have a heart right?

“Please!” she begged “Please! Don’t hurt me; just let me go…please?” Then suddenly the knife was removed from her neck and his hand leaned down on her shoulder, his other hand removed itself from her waist and she could hear low chuckling and snorting coming from him still stood behind her. She cautiously turned around as she knew that he still had the knife with him, only to jump back in surprise. Her eyes narrowed and she let out a threatening growl before slapping him round the head. This stopped him from laughing.

“You stupid idiot!” She yelled at him “I thought you were going to kill me! That wasn’t funny in the slightest Jack!” She went to swing at him again but he caught her wrist and pulled her close, wrapping one arm around her lower back while the other still gripped her wrist gently. He smirked at her.

“I found it pretty amusing if I’m being honest.” He laughed.

“Why on earth would you do that?!” Alice demanded glaring at him.

“Why’d you think? I told you that this wasn’t over and that I would get you back – you really think you could prank me back and get away with it? I don’t think so. You should know better than that; I always get the last word.” He leaned in close, his breath fanning her nose and lips “Always.” He whispered. Alice’s breath quickened causing Jack to half-smirk.

“Don’t make a judgement too quickly Jack,” she smirked back “it may cause a dent in your pride.” Then she leaned in closer to him, their noses touching “Don’t underestimate me.” Jack seemed a bit surprise that she had answered, for all the time he had known her, she had never been able to come up with a witty come back, sure she was loud and spoke her mind and she could sass anyone, except for him. He always used to win their mini arguments/disagreements and she could never think of the right come back – something he loved and made sure to use all the time.

“What are you going to do if I do underestimate you?” He challenged. It was the best come back he could manage right now, he was still stunned at this new Alice, and she had definitely looked a lot different and more confident when he saw her going out with Sarah. The way she was earlier when she was annoyed was different, although she was sulking and grumpy, she still seemed confident and it had drawn him to her more. He would have followed her out of the apartment just to catch another glimpse of her if it hadn’t been for her friend, Sarah, basically handing him a chance to embarrass her.

A gust of hot air blowing gently on his face brought him back to the present to find Alice laughing softly to herself, causing hot wisps of air to escape her mouth and travel his way. When she had finally finished she looked back at Jack square in the eye and shook her head a little at him.

“Well, let’s just say that not only will your pride be wounded, but also your ego. I might also touch your reputation a little with a small secret or maybe a lie. I’m sure that’d drive the girls wild and the boys wouldn’t exactly look up to you as much, would they?” She smirked at his puzzled face. To him, she seemed to be talking in riddles and he definitely didn’t understand, but it made his emotions mix up, he was uneasy about what she was secretly telling him through her puzzling words, excited at the idea of her challenging him, thrilled that this would no longer be a one sided prank war (his side always won) like it normally would be and another feeling that made him feel happy and a little fuzzy inside, but he didn’t understand quite what it was.

“So what are you exactly telling me Alice? That you have recently started talking in riddles?” he smirked and the corners of her mouth twitched up in an amused smile.

“Why, do you like it?” she whispered teasingly, sticking her tongue out at him slightly. He chuckled at her childishness but had to move his head back a little when she stuck her tongue out because if he hadn’t have moved, he would of ended up getting poked by it, they were that close. She looked at him a little confused and truth be told she didn’t like the fact that he moved, she felt a little hurt and cold. She wanted to feel his breath back on her face.

He had a shocked look on his face; he was surprised that she had actually said that to him. He was beginning to wonder who on earth this girl was stood in front of him and where the Alice he had known for almost his life had gone. Not that he was complaining. He snapped out of his shock and looked into her eyes and he felt himself beginning to lean in, all he could think was how perfect she looked.

She looked at him, it seemed like he was in his own world, in a daze and then suddenly he was out of it in the blink of an eye, he had pulled himself out of his state so quickly she almost jumped – almost. He turned and looked her in the eyes and he slowly began to lean in. Her brain was shouting at her to move away but somehow, her body rebelled and changed its loyalty from its leader to her heart, something tugged lightly at her heart as she watched him hesitantly lean in, putting himself on the line, she felt her heart take over everything and she too began to lean in. To her, in that moment, he looked perfect.

The closer they got to one another, the faster their heartbeats went, so fast, yet so thrilling, beating as one at the same speed and the same apprehension. Their eyes bore into one another’s piercing each other’s soul as they drew nearer; Alice fluttered her eyes shut, her mascaraed lashes splaying out delicately on her cheeks, her lips ready. Jack followed suit and when there was the gap the size of a piece of paper between them, Alice suddenly jumped back as if she had been pricked with a needle giving a small squeal, Jack looked at her with hurt eyes, confused and surprisingly deflated and feeling let down.

She looked towards her back trying to get a glimpse of his hand that rested there, but no matter how hard she tried to crane her neck to see, she just couldn’t. Her hair was in the way and if she kept of looking back too much, she would begin to feel dizzy with all the alcohol that she had consumed.

“What? What happened?” He asked her, intrigued at her sudden actions. She looked at him, her vision blurring a little bit as the alcohol began to come down heavily on her and hit her with its full force.

“What did you poke me with? Was it your knife from earlier?” she slurred, swaying a little, she clung to the only thing holding her up, when she looked to see what it was she realised that it was her hand intertwined with Jack’s, his hand had somehow moved from her wrist to intertwine their fingers. Jack looked at her puzzled for a second before realisation hit him, clearly shown through his features.

“Oh, right. I’m not carrying a knife, I faked it, it was our apartment key and I still had it in my hand when we were…err…when we did…about to…” he cleared his throat trying to stall for time to finish his sentence. “You know what? Never mind, let’s just go home.” He said sounding defeated.

“No, no, we have to go back and get Sarah.” Alice slurred. Jack looked at her, tiredly sighing as he knew that she was right. There was no way that he could handle taking Alice with him with her being like this.

“Ok, ok, we’ll go get her but do me a favour.” He put his hands on her shoulders and stood her in front of him and made sure she was focusing on him, well as much as she could. “Take a deep breath in and out, slowly; don’t overwhelm yourself, but just try to sober up a bit. Alright?” he instructed. He watched as Alice did exactly as he said and he watched the slight faraway look begin to fade in her eyes.

“Better?” he enquired, silently hoping that she had improved drastically. She nodded slowly before answering him.

“Yeah. A lot. Thanks. Now let’s go get Sarah.” She said, her words no longer slurring. She turned away from him, exiting the alley and turning back into the street, she was still a bit wobbly, but it was hard to notice as she carried herself well. She had already seemed to have forgotten the whole scene in the alleyway with Jack.

As Jack watched her retreating figure, he couldn’t help but wonder what had just happened. He felt strangely affected by it and didn’t feel as confident as he had first done when the night had begun. Where was the original Jack gone? Why is he losing his control and player side? He thought about all this as he watched her walk away as well as check her out from behind – of course. He began to feel his confidence return from that simple action as he realised his inner player speak to him.

I’m back, although, you and I both know I never left. I just felt like playing…playing a little game of hide and seek… 

What do you guys think?:) I hope you enjoyed the little Alice and Jack moment:) Also, can anyone come up with a little couple/team name for them.

So, I want know what you guys all thought of their moment and Jack's little thought at the end of the chappy:) I wanna know, so tell me, don't be shy:L ahaha

Also, this chappy is dedicated to alex_dominguez_ as she is a new wattpad friend and she also taught me this awesome face, check it out: :(|) It doesn't work on a story but in our chat it did and it was sooooooooo cute:L ahaha anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chappy!:)

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN PLEASE:) xxx

love lalalaLiving xx

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

18.8K 573 29
"I don't know what to tell you, it's your fault for catching feelings." He states, so harshly. And I thought I was the mean one. "It's your fault fo...
2K 73 33
ALL WE ARE Synopsis: [COMPLETED] He was your typical complicated entitled high school boy, to put it shortly. He drank, he smoked, he partied, and he...
155 0 20
Alia starts her graduation year at St. Xavier's after 5 years gap in her education due to cancer. Not just her college but everything has changed and...
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...