Prince of the Wild [Link x Ma...

Autorstwa DreamDepot

You had never been able to confess your feelings for Hyrule's greatest swordsman, but a second chance at life... Więcej

Prologue - An Unusual Offer
Chapter 1 - Farewell Hyrule King
Chapter 2 - The Knight Returns
Chapter 3 - Lost and Found
Chapter 4 - A Parting Gift
Chapter 5 - A Night of Song and Remorse
Chapter 7 - A Fresh Start
Chapter 8 - Infiltration
Chapter 9 - Eye of the Storm
Chapter 10 - The Master Sword
Chapter 11 - Homecoming
Chapter 12 - It's Over, Isn't It?
Chapter 13 - The Prince and his Knight
Extra Chapter 1
Extra Chapter 2 - Absolutely Divine
Prince of the Wild: Media Credits

Chapter 6 - The Lord of Akkala

8.8K 277 115
Autorstwa DreamDepot

"Officer present, a-teeeen-tion!!" The company snapped into formation with a synchronized salute.

"At ease," you ordered as you strode through the parade grounds in the shadow of the Akkala Citadel. You were dressed in your more casual regalia today, visiting a place near and dear to your heart. "How goes the training today, Captain Russell?"

"Fair, your majesty. Preparing to begin survival training down at Malin Bay."

"Fantastic, your soldiers are in for a treat," you grinned. "Don't let me keep you. As you were."

"Sir!"

You sensed Link walk up behind you. "So, hell week at Malin Bay?" He asked.

"It's effective training, one of the best classes. I'm sure it has been essential to our soldiers."

"Didn't stop you from complaining."

"Hey, better them than me," you laughed, remembering the week of freezing water and mud. You led Link to a small doorway at the base of the mountain. "This is your first time inside the Citadel isn't it?"

"Yeah. Never expected it to be this big."

"I have to admit it's a bit excessive, but it was a political move. My ancestor, King Daphnes III, built the Citadel in the Time of Falling Rain. Our power in East Hyrule was not well enforced. He hoped for better defenses against threats from the Great Sea... and it was a bit of a show of power to the Gorons."

"The Gorons were a threat?" Link was shocked, especially considering the many Gorons walking through the halls of the Citadel now.

"It's a long story and not a pleasant piece of history," a gregarious voice called. The Goron Champion Daruk stomped in. "What's more important is moving on from that past."

"Daruk's right," you added. "I've been trying to change the Citadel's reputation by asking Goron engineers to help rebuild the oldest sections. We've even installed new cannon batteries strong enough to blast a Lynel to pieces. Outside of Hyrule Castle, this fort will be the safest place for those fleeing the Calamity."

"Your majesty," Daruk added, "we finished the, uh, you-know-what."

"The you-know-what...? Oh! Link, you'll like this!" You took his hand without thinking and pulled him into the great hall.

"Alright, brothers!" Daruk called. "Let's show 'em!"

Gorons pulled back a few curtains. Light streamed in from special skylights and refracted through crystals to light up the hall as bright as day, despite there being very few windows. The light bounced back into one giant crystal that split the light and bounced it off of mirrors. These mirrors lit up several stained-glass portraits, depicting the great heroes of Hyrule's past, from the Hero of the Picori to the Hero of Twilight. Your royal guard snapped to attention as you entered, relaxing slightly with a wave of your hand. "What do you think?"

Link's eyes sparkled. You found it hard to believe that the little boy you once saw at Telma's place was now a young man of seventeen. "It's beautiful, just like the Sanctum. And you get to live here?"

"Only after my sister's coronation." It was only proper for you to live somewhere else once Queen Zelda XXI – or was it XXII? – took the throne. It seemed a lifetime away, as you were nearly eighteen and your sister almost seventeen. "Besides, it will be far easier for me to promote economic development in Akkala from here. Plus, I can always meet with the Gorons and the Zora. Being Lord of Akkala has its privileges."

Link's smile faded. "Oh, um, [Y/n], I wanted to talk to you about..."

"About becoming my sister's royal knight?" You turned to face him. "Surprised? Father was very adamant about someone protecting her at all times. When he asked my opinion, well, there was only one person I would trust with her life."

"You recommended me?"

"Link, you're the best swordsman I have ever met in my life; it's no wonder why the Master Sword chose you. You'll make an excellent knight and Champion. Besides, as my sister's knight, you'll live at the castle, and that means we can see each other all the time again!"

There was more you wanted to say. About how you first suggested to your father that Link join the military as a Major. About how he could eventually become the General of the Hylian Army. About how he would live at the Akkala Citadel with you. You also wanted to say how you didn't want to put him close to Zelda; the family tradition seemed to follow that Zeldas tended to marry their Links... especially when that Link held the Master Sword and the Triforce of Courage...

It didn't matter, Link seemed to believe your words. "Do they really have to do the whole knighting ceremony?"

"Aww, c'mon little buddy," Daruk said. "You deserve it!"

"Honestly, I agree." Link was special, you had made that clear to your father and sister. He deserved the full ceremony. "Don't worry, I'll be there with you during the whole thing."

   ▲
▲ ▲

Six weeks had passed since you last saw Link. You heard stories of the Hero of Hyrule as you traveled. At first, you pursued him, but there was no way you could keep up. Every time you got close, he was long gone. Finally, you decided if and when he wanted to talk, he would come to you. There was a small dark voice that told you he was right; especially when you saw a now calm Vah Rudania perched on the side of Death Mountain. That said, you knew it was wrong, especially considering all of the work you were doing, and all of the people counting on you. You weren't some weakling, though you still wished you told him everything at the beginning.

However, as your father used to say, wishes and intentions do not make a change, action does.

You slammed the hammer down, narrowly missing your fingers. "Ah-ha, the boy can learn!"

"Very funny Greyson. Pass me another nail." You grabbed another and worked on securing the last chain link. You straddled a large beam that served as an archway. The Goron below you looked on proudly since you managed not to mangle your hand this time.

"Hey, [Y/n]!" Fryson, the blue Rito, landed just below you. "I just saw the next caravan coming up the road from the stables."

"Great, that should be the last of the wood and hopefully your first shipment of gunpowder for Bomb Arrows." With a mighty thwack, you drove the nail into the base. "Well, take a look, what do you think?"

With a flourish, you let the sign drop from the arch. It read, in freshly painted white letters, "Welcome to Tarrey Town."

"Looks good." Hudson and Rhondson now joined the group. "Think we can tell the boss."

You beamed. Lord of Akkala might not mean much now, but you kept your responsibility all the same. The hard work had really paid off in spades. You climbed down from the arch and looked around the new thriving town. The Age of Burning Fields was now just a distant nightmare in the minds of those old enough to remember.

"[Y/n]!" A little girl suddenly grabbed your legs in a giant hug. "Can you play with me today?"

"Sorry Hunnie, I have a few other things to get done, but I'll play later okay? I'll even make some more cake for you!"

"Yay!!" The little girl bolted off to play with her dog.

You smiled and walked to the inn, where you were temporarily staying. Given that you and Link were... well, not traveling anymore, you thought about moving your business headquarters here. The New Hyrule Trading Company was becoming legendary in its own right. It now spread between Rito Village to Lurelin Village and to all of the northern stables. Soon, you would set up a new route up to Goron City, though the need for Flamebreaker Armor was slowing that down a bit. All of it culminated in a partnership with Bolson Construction to create the all-new Tarrey Town. Funnily enough, your name was getting around too, and soon you became a bit of a celebrity.

"Hey Prince [Y/n]," a young Sheikah man called, with a much older man in tow holding a strange sack. Those in the town came to know your lineage, mostly thanks to the older man, though they swore to keep your secret.

"Hey Granté, Robbie. So, what's this project you needed help with?"

Robbie produced a strange amalgamation of broken Guardian parts, fused together with the unusual metallic alloy you saw on the Guardian Stalkers. "This, my friend, is the answer to defeating the Calamity!"

"Robbie, I've seen you make some weird stuff before, but... a strange pot? Really?"

"No, no! This is the helm!" He flipped the bucket-like piece over and handed it to you.

You slid the helm on. For a moment, your eyes were in darkness, obscured by the rim. Suddenly, a blue light filled your vision and you were looking at a blue-filtered heads-up display. "Ancient Armor Version 1.0 online," a strange voice murmured in your ear. "NaVI system active. Welcome, FamiliarNameMissing."

"This armor is designed to be better than any other, specifically for fighting Guardians!" Granté explained. "Father just needs someone to test it."

"We need more data, especially for the NaVI system." Robbie agreed.

"NaVI system?"

"That's the Navigation and Voice Interface. It helps you lock onto targets and can present pertinent information."

"Sounds handy..."

"If it works, we can mass produce this armor to make it safer for people in Guardian-prone locations!"

The idea sounded good, but... "You want me to test it?" You asked, not all that keen on being the lab rat.

"Well, you are a better warrior than most people, and you do a lot of traveling."

"Besides!" Granté added, "you said you wanted to help!"

He did have you there. You nodded, defeated and accepted the rest of the armor. You stepped away to change in your room at the inn. The armor glowed softly with the same strange energy of the helm and the Guardians. It fit strangely well... a little too well.

"Oy!" Fryson poked his head in. "The shipment's here!"

"Be right out!" You put the helm on and came out to see crate after crate being unloaded. One of your best merchants, a young man named Botrick, checked the wares with Fryson against the manifest.

"Twenty units of gunpowder brought directly, just as you asked Fryson. Fortified Pumpkins, check. Hearty Salmon, check. Cane Sugar, check. Hello [Y/n]... what in Hylia's name are you wearing?"

"Nice to see you too, Botrick. Testing new armor, not important. How are the roads looking?"

"Solid, but we'll need to reinforce the roads near the Great Plateau. A few places are getting washed out again. Would prefer to have a safer way through the Hyrule Field as well."

"We're working on it; should have better bridges up for you soon." You pulled out a slip of paper from the shipment. A scientist who lived near Dueling Peaks Stable was able to predict the cycle of Blood Moons with some accuracy, so you carried notices with the shipments to spread the news. As far as you heard, it saved countless lives. The next was scheduled for tonight.

"I've been spreading the word," Botrick commented. "There was a young man who refused to listen though. Seemed intent to get to one of those strange towers."

Red flags shot up in your head. "Who was this young man?"

"Nice guy, really good with a sword. He wore a blue tunic that made him look like the old Champions."

"Which tower? Where was he?"

"He saved me from a few stray Bokoblins near Akkala Span, so I assume he was going to the Citadel."

"What the hell is he doing at the Citadel? On tonight of all nights?!" The others simply shrugged. Before anyone could stop you, you leaped onto a horse and rode as fast as possible to the Citadel.

   ▲
▲ ▲

You stared a little forlorn at the entrance. Your beautiful Citadel was now filled with rubble and rusted Guardians. You could only hope that the great hall was still intact... somehow. Guardian Skywatchers made their rounds above you. Malicious blight oozed over the edges of the top of the tower. "Ganon, I will reclaim my castle," you growled, "but first, I'm getting my friend back."

The steps were slick with puddles of rain. There was a strange lack of Bokoblins – probably Link's doing. You dove out of the way of the Skywatcher's eye beam. "Hey! Listen!" the armor's voice announced in your ear. "Ranged attacks recommended."

After leaving so quickly, you forgot to change into your normal armor. The noisy program decided to bark out any time you got close to anything that was a potential threat. You made a mental note to tell Robbie to make the thing a little less annoying.

You snuck a little higher, but there was still no sign of Link. Suddenly, all of the Guardian Skywatchers lifted higher, converging on the top of the Citadel.

You ran as fast as you could. The Blood Moon was rising high again. Dark wisps of Ganon's magic twisted and writhed, pulling monster souls back to life. "Look out! Targeting System Unavailable," the helmet chirped again. "Too many potential targets!" You tossed the malfunctioning helmet aside.

Link was bleeding, propped up on an old broadsword. Your heart raced. He was dying, no Shrine of Resurrection would bring him back.

A blinding light filled your vision; rushing strength and power filling every inch of your being. The Triforce on your hand began to glow white-hot. As the light faded, you were surrounded by a red aura. You drew your Soldier's Claymore and charged the mob of creatures, knocking them off the cliff edge. Feeling your Claymore soon reaching the end of its usefulness, you reached for your Soldier's Bow.

You drew your bow and time seemed to stand still. Your hands flew, sending volley after volley into the first Skywatcher, sending it plummeting down the side of the mountain. You spun around, dropping your bow and grabbing your Soldier's Shield. A blast of light from the second Skywatcher seemed to crawl towards you. You charged and batted the beam back, causing the corrupt Guardian to explode. The third and final scrambled to fly out of your range, but it was far too late for that. You leaped, swinging your Claymore and sending it flying into the final foe's eye, shattering its head.

Your power ebbed and concentrated again into your left hand, the tattoo dimming. As the last Guardian fell you turned to Link, who stared in open shock. You couldn't help but smile, just happy to see him alive. His head drooped as the adrenaline began to run out.

"Oh Link," you sighed, propping him up on your shoulder. "Don't you know it's dangerous to go alone?"

   ▲
▲ ▲

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

8.8K 264 10
After realizing your true feelings for Link, you made the decision to accompany him on his journey to save your friend, Zelda. You were the top knigh...
2.7K 52 8
Prince Sidon is seemingly upset that his father is insistent on assigning him a knight, but that all goes away when he first sees Sir Link of Termina...
2.9K 95 20
It was an endless cycle where he'd never fall for you. You've been betrayed and disappointment that Link will never accept you for who you are. You...
132K 3.1K 24
After you mysteriously find yourself trapped in the world of Legend of Zelda, you're attacked, but soon saved by someone who goes by the name of Link...