𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 || Sleep...

Door Asttyx

Before L'manberg existed, those who dreamed for a free world where no fear existed were only children. Some w... Meer

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

2

3.2K 127 92
Door Asttyx

Three years have passed after Y/n was adopted. They never really knew that fact and thought that everyone is equal in their house. This one for now was running along the stairs with Tommy as they were being chased by the second adopted child, Deux. Deux was a blond kid with brown orbs. There was a small scar on the left side of his forehead and it was oddly shaped like a D. The kid was was never the one to engage himself on studies like Dave and Vivoe but he was always the mastermind of every prank that would be happening inside the household which was the sole reason of him chasing the two running toddlers.

"H-How could you two! I am the only one allowed to do that!" He began to catch his breath as he glared at the giggling duo.

"What a loser..." Tommy laughed at the pathetic kid as Y/n nudged him.

"Bad word! Bad word! I'm telling Nana!" The other kid gasped at the threat as he glared at the other.

"You do not tell!"

"Will do!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Uh-uh!"

Tommy looked frightened for a reason but continued to hold his head up high.

"Loser..."

Y/n looked at Tommy with a shocked expression as the other smirked at the secured victory. But before he could apologize at the kid, Y/n ran away from his direction and seemed to be going at their Grandmother's room.

Tommy couldn't move and begin to remember multiple punishments that their Nana used on them. Read books, read books, read books and read books. Heck doesn't he want to read more books!

"That's why you need to watch what you say, kid. You can never trust a little snitch." Deux rubbed his eyes before he begin to walk in the opposite direction.

"Which reminds me that I will deal with you two later, you have ruined my beautiful amount of beauty sleep." Deux proceeded to climb the stairs while stretching his arms.

"Stupid whipped cream..." Tommy could hear him mutter before finally disappearing from his view.

He smiled at this as he decided to prank Wilbur next before he could get another punishment. Better enjoy the moment before the big storm.

Tommy ran down at the hallway on his bedroom and saw Wilbur strumming his guitar and beside him was Nathaniel listening. The guitar was actually brought by their father during a trip to Vsov, the guitar was originally Aciel's but Aciel was too lazy to study the guitar.

Wilbur had been practicing it for a month now and Tommy loved how Wilbur could make something melodic out of it. It would lull him to sleep and he would never grow tired of it.

Tommy snuck inside but his loud footsteps was caught by Nathaniel.

"What are you doing..?"

He stopped on his tracks as his eyes met with a grey one. His soft expression but piercing eyes would always make Tommy shiver. Tommy was very scared of Nathaniel, he was ranked third on his scary tier list after their Grandmother and Dave. He couldn't point it out but Nathaniel was always hanging out with Wilbur which could've make him less more scary, but the way how sweet and outgoing he is scared the hell out of him.

"Um...walking?"

Tommy stood stupefied on his answer, but he looked at both of them as the both of them did the same to him.

"Is that whipped cream in your hands?" Wilbur asks as Tommy tried to hide the whipped cream in his back but it was bigger than his body.

"No... I just found it outside..."

The two looked at each other as the other shrugged, Nathaniel then begin to lay down on Will's bed leaving the other one sitting before looking at Tommy.

"I didn't know nature offers whipped cream."

"That sounds very wrong."

"I know."

Nathaniel groaned as Wilbur cackled loudly, the other two was clearly distracted which made Tommy look away and decided to file an escape. Abort mission! Abort! They knew what he was about to do!

He slowly made his way out of the door without the two noticing before he slammed the door and shut and ran far away from the room.

The sound of heavy footsteps was echoing to the halls as Tommy ran away from the house and began to go outside. Slowly closing the door, he began to pant. The whipped cream was still on his hand but what worried him the most was wether or not did his two older brother chased him.

After catching some lost breaths, he begin to finally hear the sound of the birds chirping and their wings flapping, this mesmerized him as he heard the sprinkling of water and he begin to turn in that direction.

On their backyard it was surrounded by trees, but there was enough space for them to plant Lettuces and Potatoes. The potatoes was managed by Dave and their father and the Lettuces was planted by Vivoe.

As he made his way on the back, the familiar red hair was on the lettuce field, her wavy shoulder length was tied in a low ponytail. She was wearing a plain navy blue oversized shirt, a straw hat, black leggings, some rubber boots and to top it all in, she wore huge purple rubber gloves that must've belong to their dad.

She was spraying water all over the lettuce to mist them. Especially this time of the year, there wouldn't have much rainfall to keep the lettuce growing in a balanced temperature.

She looked over to her back, her emerald greens only meeting with two ocean eyes looking at her figure. Her lips curled as she waved at the kid.

"Hello, Tommy." She said in a high-pitched voice, it wasn't piercing nor annoying.

"Would you like to help me?"

Tommy waved back and nodded, he began to look at the nearby shed, he went over and picked up his yellow rubber boots that he would usually use during gardening. He wore them and went to put the whipped cream in the small wooden divider. While he was busy putting on his shoes, he could feel the familiar breeze of fresh air in his skin. He really enjoyed the outdoors but never have he set foot outside of their area.

Their house was located away from their small village Origin, they could've just build a house in there since their father owned a lot. But their grandmother preferred to live in their late grandfather's house which is two hours away from the main village as it was located on the top of a mountain in Origin.

The house was big, but it was made out of wood. It was located on the entrance of a forest which had its perks as there was a small river meters away from the house. There wasn't much wild animals in the forest which was kind of a relief for the family. They have enough open space to build another house but remained to live in the house. The open space was mainly used by Vivoe to plant her flowers, she asked Phil if she could have a greenhouse and Phil agreed and built her one. There was a playground and a swing for the younger children to use, there was also a grassy field where Phil would always teach Dave and Allendis some archery, there was a small concreted space where they would dry their clothes and they have a shed near their fish pond.

Even though Tommy was satisfied with the house because they got everything they needed there, there are times that Wilbur would rant about them not being able to go to school and not meeting new people. They first knew about school is when they found out about their grandfather being a teacher, and there are multiple times that someone would visit them and encourage their father to let them go to school, claiming that shes their mother's sister. Although he was satisfied, he always thought about going out of the house and expected to meet new people. It was probably the influence of Wilbur to him.

As soon as he finally fit his boots, he stood up and clumsily made his way to his sister. His sister was watering the lettuce and as soon as she noticed him, she made him hold the watering can and proceeded to supervise the little one.

She continued to look at the little toddler, she was very fond of the kid but his quality time with Aciel scared her as he was starting to imitate his foul mouth. Aciel wasn't really a mean guy, in fact he was the most lazy and would prefer to sleep all day, he was the best cook out of all of them and he is pretty good-looking, he would probably be a hotshot if it weren't for his laziness and foul mouth.

Speaking of kids, she really like children. Especially the two who always runs around and would involve themselves in Deux and his stupid pranks. They were cute and very chaotic, although Y/n is more well behaved than Tommy.

Her siblings was also kind of nice, Deux would always lighten whatever room he could walk in and his mere presence would make everyone smile even though he could be annoying sometimes. Deux was also the most fanciest of them all, he would always put whatever moisture he could find in his face and would literally try to convince them all to follow a certain face routine. Allendis was a bookworm and a great archer, he would rather hang out with her and Dave as they would always share similar interests. Dave was also a bookworm, he would spend everyday in his grandfather's library and he is often seen with Allendis. He is good with literature which made him the exact opposite of Allendis as his skills in archery isn't really that good. Nathaniel is the nicest of them all and was the exact epitome of a good kid, he is very polite and would always smile, he would was always spotted to be hanging out with Wilbur as those two were the closest. Wilbur is also a good kid, but he have severe anxiety and is always awkward in any given situation so he would always stay in his room and could be seen playing his guitar. Tommy is a curious soul and she could find him wandering in any part of the house within a minute, he's very energetic and loud but he is a complete coward. Y/n on the otherhand is the quiet kid that would always follow Tommy around and could be always seen with their dad or their grandmother. Y/n is very polite at times but would most likely cause chaos whenever no one is looking.

"Viv, it's empty..." Tommy whispered which made her break out of her thoughts as she looked at the little kid who was eyeing the watering can.

"Let me refill that for you." She took the can as she smiled at the kid, she quickly took a quick glance at her lettuces before seeing a specific plant overflowing with water.

"Oh my gosh..."

As Y/n made their way in front of their Grandmother's door. They began to knock but no answer, another knock but it was followed by another silence. They didn't think twice before twisting the doorknob to peek inside the room. They were welcomed with the familiar linen smell, as their eyes darted at the dim candle-lighted room. They inspected the medium-sized bed in the middle of the bedroom and their nana wasn't there. Their eyes then trailed on the single sized-sofa beside the bookshelves and table where their grandmother would always drink Jasmine tea while reading romance novels.

She wasn't there which confused them but remembered that she went downtown to buy fresh meat for dinner. The idea saddened the kid but decided to apologize to Tommy for snitching and would try to cause more pranks since their Nana wasn't home, which is great since they would get away with lots if things for now without getting in trouble.

They then proceeded to close the door and go find Tommy to apologize when their walk was interrupted by a cat. The cat have a black fur and Y/n knew who this cat was, they begin to squat and look at the cat which was somehow bigger than them.

"Come here, Squinch..." They said and started to motion the cat to come closer.

The cat looked at them and started walking closer, the big glass window in the hallway was the only thing that gives it light for now. The orange sunlight hit the walls as the cat was illuminating a dark orange color while walking towards Y/n.

As soon as the cat's head hit Y/n's hands, they started to rub it as the cat was sitting In front of them.

"Aweee, soft kitty..." They muttered.

"I wonder if you want to play pranks with me." They asked as they lifted their hands from the cat's head and the cat stared blankly at them, it was evident that the cat wanted more patting.

"How about we go find, Tommy?" The kid gave the cat two big thumbs up but the cat didn't seem to respond. Instead, it started circling the kid and rubbing itself in their leg.

"Ohh, nice idea! We go find Tommy!" The kid almost squealed because the softness of the cat's fur tickled them.

Y/n stood up and started walking, the cat was walking alongside them. The sounds of heavy footsteps echoed throughout the dim hallway. But even so, the kid kept walking while looking at Squinch. The cat looked very elegant while walking, it almost reminded them of its Deux. Squinch wasn't really close with Y/n at first but Y/n kept feeding him with treats and fishes. Gosh did Squinch love fishes, especially the fresh ones and Y/n happened to be always in the shed near the fishpond to go fishing with their father.

Y/n liked the way that Squinch would cling to them as he would constantly rub their face in their legs, which is a good thing considering that he never really approach the other kids.

They were walking down when suddenly, Y/n saw a familiar silhouette in the distance. As soon as they came closer, she could made up the features and soon the face became familiar.

He was standing in between the two big windows that would illuminate light which made him slightly concealed in the shadows.

Y/n halted at this as they stared at him for a minute and the older guy stared at them back, his brown hair gave him away and the glasses in his face made it more obvious on who he is.

The two stood there without any word. Y/n would always want to talk to him but this sibling would always avoid them without any clear explanation. Y/n would always guess that it must be that he was uncomfortable around them and would always choose to go away.

Sometimes they would get jealous of the their other siblings as he would always talk with them and especially Tommy, he was close with Tommy. And whenever they were around, he would always find ways to avoid them even if it meant cutting his conversation short with the other siblings.

They were confused at the avoidance and wondered if they ever did something to offend the older sibling. There were times that they would constantly ponder about it every night in their shared bedroom with the others and would drift to sleep without getting any answer.

They didn't know what was wrong, sometimes it confused them and would try to ask their father but he also never have any idea. His one-sided avoidance was never noticed by the other siblings, except for Wilbur and Y/n would always ask about it to him but he also never did give them a clear answer.

It was pretty sad that they never had any proper conversation except for times where they would hear about him talking about them in front of the others, he would always mention their names along with the lines of 'they're ugly'. Maybe the only time where he talked to them with more than two words was the time in the table. It was family dinner, everyone was pretty happy on how Aciel made the roasted ribs. They were very lively, until Y/n became curious on one thing. They turned to their father as they looked at him in the face.

"Father, what was mum like?" The atmosphere changed almost instantly as the whole table fell silent. Y/n and Tommy was too dense to notice and thought nothing wrong of it.

Philza didn't say a word, but his hands weakened in the question almost dropping his knife and fork. When Y/n tried to meet everyone's gaze, they would avoid them. The kid didn't know the reason why bur when their eyes met Dave's, he was looking at them furiously.

Did they do something wrong? What was Dave so mad about? Is asking really the right choice? Their thoughts was interrupted when Dave started to speak.

"She was very kind, too nice for her own good. She never hesitates to care for someone else before herself. She was very sweet and lovely, everybody loves her. But she was careless." Ears perked up as they all looked at his direction. What was he talking about?

"She was very careless to the point where she would forget to spend time with me. Very careless cause she would always make me the second option. I would sometimes wonder if I was never important and it turns out, maybe I wasn't."

"That's right. I never have the justification to be upset to begin with." Slamming his hands on the table he begin to stare at Y/n. "I'm not even important even if I'm the legal son. Maybe father would end up the same like her. Who knows, maybe he even thought the same." Walking out of the door everyone fell silent. "I'm leaving, I lost my appetite."

No one talked about the night, though Y/n couldn't understand why. They never had the the guts to ask about it once again. They are afraid to find out what it meant and they seem to think that everybody had already forgot about it.

But what was the sole reason for Dave's avoidance? If there's something unpleasant about them, they would gladly change it for the better. Maybe...

"Dave—"

"Come here, Squinch." Squinch didn't waste his time as he quickly made his way towards his owner.

As soon as Squinch was beside him, Dave walked away in the opposite direction without giving the smaller one having a chance to talk.

His footsteps weren't echoing, it was rather quiet. Every step he take feels like there wasn't even someone on the hallway and Y/n was left alone.

"Cause I over-watered the stupid plant..!" Tommy was sobbing in the shed as Y/n looked at him confused.

"But that doesn't explain why you're crying?"

"I'm sad, okay! Viv's plant is starting to die!" He hiccuped as they looked over Viv's direction and saw Viv plucking the lettuces.

"She looks like she's harvesting it."

"No! She's burying the dying plants!" Tommy sniffled as he tried wiping his tears.

It was clear in broad daylight that Viv was harvesting the plants, she was just watering the other that is yet to harvest and somehow Tommy did no fault.

Tommy on the otherhand was overrun by guilt, he just felt like he could eat rocks for breakfast if it could only make things better. He looked at Y/n who was staring at him poker-faced as they kept on sighing which scared him.

"This is frustrating me!" He shouted which made the other pout their lips.

"Perfect."

"What do you mean, 'Perfect'?"

"I meant that we could go fishing to ease your worry."

"What..?"

The other did not say anything but started walking towards the small cabinet where they keep their fishing rods. Their mind filled with the event that occurred earlier. It was rather peculiar that they have ever saw Dave on the hallway, most times they would ever see him was on the table or the library.

Their mind wandered about how he would stare at them with a blank expression, they were pretty sure that he never really hated them. Maybe he just hated the idea of them and never really hated them but that personally blinded him.

Though things were like that, they kept remembering how he was really tall. Maybe because they never really know how he looked like since he is always in a sitting position everytime they laid their eyes on him.

It was very bizarre yet it feels very right. They looked at their walking feet and could see their sandals on the moist grass. They were pretty distracted but seemed to safely reach the cabinet.

Taking out the smaller fishing rods, the got the red one and the f/c one. They motioned for Tommy to come closer which was easily granted and they handed them the red rod.

Closing the cabinet, they started walking to the small aquarium beside it where their father would always refill it with earthworms every week. They took out a grab full of them and placed them on a small aluminum container.

"I don't even like fishing..." Tommy whined, still sniffling.

"You don't have a choice..." Y/n then began making their way towards the pond while Tommy followed.

Their small figures made Vivoe looked at them as she began smiling. Surely they look very adorable, with Tommy in his oversized white shirt and big brown shorts that would reach below his knees and Y/n with their brown-black striped t-shirt and denim jumper. They look like they could be squished in pieces.

She looked back at her lettuces and began to stand up to put it in the cooler inside the house.

The two kids soon made their way to the pond and Y/n didn't waste any time readying their rod. They took an earthworm and pierced its body directly in the plastic hook. Tommy gagged while the other stared at him blankly before he stopped and did the same.

"I don't know how to fish."

"Now are you making things up?" The h/c haired looked at the other as the other shrugged, but then proceeded to stab the worm in the hook.

"Probably..."

They started to throw the hook in the pond as they waited for the fishes to take the bait. It didn't even come past thirty seconds before Tommy could feel something tugging in his hook.

He slowly started rolling his fishing line and a huge fish arose from the waters. Y/n cocked an eyebrow as they saw Tommy having their first catch of the day.

"Should we keep them or not?" He asked as he held the fish on its gills.

"I think it would be better to let them be, Nana's buying food and the cooler is too small."

Tommy nodded at the response before almost letting it go.

"Wait, how about we have a little snack?" He eyed his sibling curiously as Y/n rolled their eyes.

"We just had pavlova, remember?"

"That thing is just too sweet, how about something filling and heavy?"

Y/n really liked the idea of eating fresh fish but Y/n have always had a weak stomach and eating a meal after another would cause their stomach to hurt. But the mere sound of seafood would churn their appetite.

"But we don't know how to make a fire..." They trailed their words as they looked at him timidly.

Tommy looked at them for a second. Re-checking their surrounding as he whispered.

"I'll do it.."

Horrified at what he said, Y/n's eyes widened as they began to feel uneasiness, They never even have the rights to step in the kitchen to avoid harming themselves and now they're making a fire? Great.

They began shaking their head, this is beginning to feel like a bad idea and normal fishing would be better.

"You don't want fish?" He pouted, his puffy eyes began to water again.

Ugh, stupid simple emotions.

"Of course I do!"

"Then why do you not support the idea of me making fire?"

"You don't even know how to make fire!"

"I do!"

"Nu-uh!"

"Uh-uh!"

"Stop! Stop ! Stop! Fine! I'll go fetch some sticks!" Y/n stared daggers at the boy while his face lightened.

"I'm gonna be independent! A big man! A big man!" He jumped happily as he started putting the worms and rods away.

Y/n walked the opposite direction, in the bushes in the back of the shed where the entrance of the forest eventually started.

They wiped their wet hands in their cloth as they began making their way. Even though they would try to play hide and seek in this part of the forest, they were only allowed to wander around 20 meters away.

They were very unfamiliar of the place and would never thought that the forest they once would hide in would feel so foreign. The rays of sunlight peeking through the high leaves would made them squint their eyes.

As soon as they reached the 20 meter barrier, they started to worry. There wasn't any any sticks but one before their eyes. And it was outside the 20 meters. They started to stare at it intently just in case something would happen to it like whatever would happen in superheroes in stories. As soon as they realize that nothing would happen, they decided that they would just take a little step to reach for it and that would be it.

They stood up and as soon as that happened, they took a step and finally their hands reached for the piece of wood on the ground. They then took a step back, satisfied with the single piece of wood. Is a single piece enough to light a fire? Maybe.

They were about to go back to their brother but they couldn't help scan the off-limits area one more time. The trees were full, the more deeper you go, the more you are devoid of sunlight. There wasn't really much that caught Y/n's eyes other than another twig that was present poking out from the bush.

"Yeah, I'll take that too."

They begin to step across the zone and soon made their way on the bushes, the pick the stick up and finally upon realizing that there were more trails of sticks behind the bush, they didn't hesitate to make their way to it.

The sound of birds chirping made Y/n feel at ease to hat they broke their father's rule. But maybe a sense of thrill came rushing down to them, it could probably be the thrill that they are getting. Them and Nathaniel were always the good kid and would constantly follow the rules, Y/n was mischievous at times but those were just harmless pranks that didn't involve breaking one of their father's rules and would wander to the forest alone. Maybe the sole idea of setting their foot out of the house made them conscious of the fact on how secluded they are.

They have never been out to town, never even aware that people would civilize. It's just a bizarre thought that they would even dream of running away and would maybe find other children to play with. Their father would never let them go to school but he wasn't strict and would agree to bring them in town. It's just that none of them never really wanted to step out of the house, even if Y/n would love to, they were also kind of scared on what's out there. So it's kind of a big deal for Y/n to be stepping in the forest outside the bounds of the 20 meters.

The sound of the clacking sticks in their arms was what they could hear, while picking up the sticks they have lost count on how many they even have. Maybe less, maybe more. It didn't matter as all they knew was it was enough to keep the fire burning.

Heck, if Tommy couldn't make a damn fire, they wouldn't even hesitate to tell on him to Nana, that he made fire, ate another meal, forced them to join his plan and probably killing Vivoe's lettuces?.....Maybe they shouldn't snitch much?

The sticks were starting to grow heavy and they couldn't even pick up another without supporting the whole weight that they were holding. Their goal was to get back as soon as possible, they were sure that their father is currently in the library teaching Allendis some math equations and they would literally kneel to salt if their father would find out on what they are up to.

Of course, Tommy was no exception since he is the initiator of the whole idea. Maybe they are starting to think of this as a bad idea, maybe once they go back to Tommy, they would talk to them and convince them to discontinue the plan. But knowing Tommy, he probably didn't put the caught fish in a container with water so by the time they would reach to them, the fish would most likely be dead.

What are they going to do with a dead fish? Maybe coincidentally finding it by the time that they would go fishing with their father? Put it back in the pond and would act like noting happened and the view of a dead fish floating with a hole on its mouth was nothing suspicious at all? Bury it in the backyard? Put it in the cooler? Their head was starting to hurt with all the possible solutions and thoughts and they really thought of going on their way back.

As soon as they turned around, there was nothing familiar to them anymore. There wasn't anything that they remembered upon making their way, they were probably deeper in the forest as they didn't see the warm sunshine that they were used to seeing. The dim forest was starting to scare them, instead of the soft chirping of the birds, they started to hear some odd ones. Like very weird sounds that was indistinguishable to Squinch's loud purrs.

They were starting to tear up, nothing looks familiar. Should they go left or right? They were both dark path and nothing seemed too close with the sunlight lit trees. They couldn't see their house that used to be seen in the distance when in the forest. Maybe straying too much made made a huge impact. Maybe they should've listened to their father. Why are they so stupid?

A small rustle amongst the bush startled them, it wasn't quite random. It seems to be coming from a human and their relief finally came kicking in, they were sure that this was Tommy or their father. Who else would go in the forest? Maybe their father because they are used to be in here, maybe Tommy because they were taking so long so he had to check.

"Father? Tommy? Is that you?" Their loud voice asked. Even if it was loud, the nervousness never left their voice at all.

They started walking towards the rustling sound and once they stepped in the bushes, their e/c was met with brown ones.

The kid seemed shocked. They were staring at a guy much older that him, he have brown fluffy hair, he is probably in his early 20's. This amazed them, they have never seen other people other than their family members.

The weird dressing the guy before them wore made them question if they were really secluded.

The guy didn't seem fazed at all, but rather astonished. It seems like they were expecting them and their appearance made them finally satisfied.

"Hello.." The guy said, his voice wasn't deep nor soft. Slightly in the middle as they could hear slight cracks on their voice. Probably must be because they are nervous.

"Hi.." They greeted at the guy, they were just plain greetings but the thought of communicating with another person thrilled them.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, the little kid lowered their gaze as they could almost feel the heavy sticks hurting their arms.

"I'm lost." They replied, they never really know how to talk and what subject should they talk about but their answer seemed very satisfactory.

"Oh...." The older guy didn't say anything to that but kept staring at the little kid.

"How about you? What are you doing here?" They asked as the other began to checked their surroundings. When finally knowing that they are indeed safe, the turned to the little kid and smiled.

"I'm hiding."

"Are you playing hide and seek? I know that game." Y/n looked at him with a small smile on their mouth. They were kinda shy and would love to ask him if they could join.

"Not quite, but I am hiding from someone." He clarified which made the younger one even confused but they continue to nod.

"Can you help me, though? I'm lost." They asked the man as the guy tried to inspect his surroundings quickly before nodding at the child.

"Do you live in Origin?"

"I do but our house is in this mountain, I just couldn't find my way back home."

The older guy nodded and motioned them to follow him which Y/n gladly did. The forest was starting to get loud and the chirping of the birds eventually became more lively unlike a moment ago.

The sunlight was becoming evident through the open leaves in the trees, but never did Y/n remember the place.

Soon they came to a halt and the guy waved at them goodbye.

"But sir!"

"Yes?"

"I do not recognize this place."

The brown haired guy laughed at the kid like they were making an award winning joke, they soon stop while readjusting his sling bag.

"Go forward, you'll see your house there." He said as he waved the kid goodbye while finally going on his way.

This left the kid alone while still holding the sticks, they didn't waste any time and started going forward on the said direction. As soon as they reached the end of the forest, they finally saw the familiar bushes.

The set down half of the sticks they found and decided to bring the other half to Tommy. While entering the bush, they could see Tommy on the shed, rubbing a stick in a stone with some hay.

Tommy noticed their entrance and looked at them frustrated.

"What took you so long? I've been waiting and I started losing hope you'll ever come back."

"That's mean." Y/n looked at him while he led out a piercing laugh at the sibling.

They were soon interrupted when a small wind-like sound came from under Tommy's hands and saw a fire starting. The two clearly amazed at this, the started panicking.

"Ahh! Should I put it out?!" Y/n shrieked as Tommy shook his head at the sibling while pointing at the sticks.

"Put the sticks! Put the sticks!" He stuttered. As soon as Y/n dropped the sticks, the fire started growing in a small size.

"It's fire! It's actual fire!" Tommy was very excited as Y/n also couldn't believe at when he just did. Even with their knowledge capacity, they knew that it is never safe for children to make fire. The excitement made them look like middle ages discovering fire.

The fire started to become smaller and Tommy kept blowing at so it would remain in size and power.

"Wait here, I've got plenty sticks left. I'm going to go get them." Y/n then started walking towards the bushes and was soon met by the forest when they squeezed themselves in.

The sticks were left exactly where they left them and they stayed picking up half the sticks.

It wasn't too much now unlike before so they didn't have a hard time picking it up. They were still in the middle of picking it up when they heard a cry from the forest. Their eyes immediately looked at the direction and saw a crying boy in the distance. Their immediate fear came, meeting two new people in a day was way too much. They were fine with adults but kids? That's rough.

They felt the immediate rush to squeeze their face in the bushes again and when they did that, they saw Tommy in the distance, preparing their snack.

"Tommy, Tommy!"

The boy looked back at him with a confused look.

"What?"

Y/n didn't say anything but their frantic movement of motioning him to come closer made the think there is actually something wrong. As soon as they step closer to the bushes, they could hear cries. Almost of a toddler. And this made his heart race.

His head perked through the bushed and soon looked at the direction of the cry that Y/n was pointing at. Surely his guess was right, it was a kid.

"What am I supposed to do? He seemed to noticed me!" Y/n panicked as they looked at their brother.

Tommy thought for a minute before finally fully stepping inside the bush, he was now in the entrance of the forest. He quickly helped Y/n collect all the sticks and he swiftly went to the other side again.

Y/n did the same and now they were in the shed facing the pond. As much as they are relieved with the sticks, they could hear the kid's sobbing grow louder.

"Tommy, I could hear them—"

"Shush, let's pretend we didn't hear him."

Y/n felt guilt but it was for the better, maybe the kids parents were just playing hide and seek like the other guy earlier and the kid must be the seeker. Speaking of the guy earlier, he looks so foreign. They have never seen a clothes texture like his before, he probably came from somewhere far where their dad would actually know.

Y/n set the sticks slowly in the fire as it started burning, another sharp stick was used to stab the fish. Oh they are so dead once father sees this. 

Tommy held the fish towards the fire as it started burning a bit. It reminded them of that time where their father made a campfire in his birthday and made them all eat s'mores in the very cool weather. Soon after, it seems that the fish's meat is becoming tender, and it's ready to be flipped because Tommy is a stupid idiot that held the fish in one direction and didn't seem to flip it cause he don't know how to cook.

"Ready the plate."

"What plate? We don't have plates. What are you gonna make me do? Get plates in the kitchen and throw our secret away?"

"Look inside the cabinet, stupid."

"...I'm telling, Nana."

"Whatever."

Y/n made their way towards the shed's small cabinet and saw two familiar plates. They took both and started making their way back to Tommy, just in time that the fish is finally finished.

Without any exchange of words, they held the plate out and Tommy set the fish in there and begin to close the fire.

Y/n went to place the fish on the shed's table and sat on one of its chairs and waited for their brother. The other came after and they could've started digging in when they heard the same cry from the forest and Y/n couldn't help but look at their brother as Tommy rolled his eyes.

"Let's check it." He trailed his words as Y/n warily looked at him but nodded.

Leaving their meal on the table, they made their way to the same familiar bush that they never thought that they'd get tired of seeing and soon saw the little boy in the distance towards the outer of the forest.

"You go first." Y/n nudged their brother as Tommy groaned in annoyance but agreed nonetheless.

Ever steps feel heavier and heavier, their ears almost perked up as soon as they would come one step closer towards the boy as his cry was loud. But Tommy's was louder.

Soon they were face to face with the poor boy who seemed to be a little bit taller than them. It was weird as the boy stop immediately upon their presence.

"Are you going to bully me again...?"

The two siblings shared a confused look as they looked back at the boy who seemed to be recovering. As soon as the boy wiped his tears, he took a quick glance at them before his eyes fell into a confused state.

"Who are you..?" He asked, he became more confused as the two never reminded him of those who bullied him.

What in the world happened? He knew he had a father who said that he will be right back and he is going to drop him on a house full of children. He waited for him but he never came, the other children are starting to bully him because of the hope he had that his father would eventually come back. The moment he woke up, he found himself laying in a random forest without any idea how he got there, he never ran away nor decided he would.

"We are supposed to be asking that, Who are you? What are you doing here?" Tommy asked as the boy looked at him in confusion. Never did he know what he was doing here.

"I...I don't know." He replied, almost dissatisfied on his own answer, the kid started tearing up once again.

Tommy and Y/n noticed this and shared a look before comforting the stranger. They lead him in the bushes, and finally stepping out of it they were back in the shed.

As soon as the kid looked up, his eyes met with a big house that made his mouth agape. There was a playground and what seemed to be a farm, a greenhouse, a grassy field. It looks so nice.

"Is...is this a school?" He asked as soon as the two made him sir in one of the chairs in the shed.

"A school?" Y/n raised an eyebrow. "This is our house, silly."

"A house? But—but it's so big!" He looked at them in concern as Tommy laughed at the boy.

"What do you mean big? It looks very small to me." Tommy said as Y/n nodded at what he just said.

The kid didn't say anything, his blue eyes just looked on what's before him and the two swore that they heard his stomach grumble.

"Help yourself." Y/n told him as the kid shyly took the fork that was set on the table. Tommy shot a look at Y/n and Y/n looked at him back, indicating to let the kid be. The kid started digging in and Y/n couldn't help but stare at the kid. He have darker brown hair than Wilbur, Dave or Nathaniel, And he even have darker hues than Aciel or Tommy's. The kid was rather cute looking and Y/n couldn't help but get lost in thought as the kid ate.

"Where are your parents?" Tommy asked and the kid looked at him with sad eyes.

"My father was a single dad, and now he's gone." He trailed his words carefully.

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

"No, it's okay. I'm sure he's not dead." He laughed a little, assuring Tommy that it's fine.

"Wait, so he abandoned you?" Y/n raised an eyebrow as the poor kid avoided their gaze.

"I wouldn't like to put it like that..."

"So he did?"

Y/n got no answer from the kid which was pretty obvious since the kid looked down in his hands, he fiddled with it as he timidly nodded his head. Tommy looked at his sibling as he thought he got the craziest idea ever.

"What if we ask our father to take you in?"

"What? Tommy are you crazy?"

"Look Y/n, don't you want to keep this face?" Tommy asked as he squished both of the kid's cheeks and made them look in Y/n'a direction. "W-well I do..."

"Then...?"

"Wait hold up, aren't you being too clingy to him? You're the one who told us to be wary with him."

"I have changed my mind."

Y/n facepalmed at what he just said as they breathe a sigh. They looked at the kid who was staring directly at them, the darker blue eyes was so foreign yet there is some sense of innocence and Y/n couldn't help but nod.

"I guess...."

They both looked at the kid who was eating the fish as he looked at them both flustered and uncertain.

"I...I don't know.."

Tommy patted him in the back as he smiled reassuring the kid. "Don't be hesitant. I'm sure that you'll be okay here, you mentioned something about bully? I don't know what that meant but I'm sure we won't do that here." He smiled at the kid as the kid eased their nervousness.

He nodded at the kid before him as Tommy grinned widely. "Let's finish the finish the fish first before I introduce you to father, yeah?"

The kid nodded slightly before continued to dig in to the food. As Y/n looked at him, they could see how livelier the kid was comparing moments ago.

"I'm Y/n, and that's my brother Tommy and you are....?"

The brown haired kid looked at them, gulping the fish meant down before replying.

"My name's Toby. I'm...." He held out four fingers as he showed it to the siblings.

"...years old." The two looked at the kid in delight.

"To......b....i......To....by......Tobu..." Tommy on the otherhand kept of repeating his name for some reason. He then pointed at himz

"Tubbo! You'll be called Tubbo from now on!" He them stood up and made his way towards the used sticks for their fire and began picking them up one by one. Y/n came to help him just in case their father would see the evidence of fire made by the hands of a three year old. Tommy gave Toby a thumbs up when he saw him looking at his direction.

"Eat quickly, Tubbo! I can't wait to introduce you to our father!"

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

451 25 27
"The first thing I saw was green. It was dark. I was cold. And I was scared." Meet Maedr, Dream's daughter only recently spawned in the Dream SMP. Bu...
63.6K 1.9K 17
RE-WHRITE ON MY PAGE This fanfic is about Tommys life after exile and how much he suffers from the trauma Dream caused him by emotionally manipulatin...
488 12 16
He swallowed as he realized the depth of the situation he was in. He knew what kind of knight was hunting him down right now: a bounty hunter. A fero...
126K 2.9K 37
life is a lot harder than in a dream even tho in this world monsters exist along with fucking animal people but what happens when someone appears at...