The Paint On Our Skin (A Klan...

بواسطة InnocentFangirl88

A Completed Klance Soulmates AU. At eighteen, everyone is granted a soulmate. A simple heart drawn on your wr... المزيد

Hi Guys! I'm Back!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 8

3.5K 138 94
بواسطة InnocentFangirl88

WARNING: This and the next section of the story contains descriptions of homophobic language, alcoholism, physical abuse, violence and reactions to pain. If you are easily triggered and would rather not read this chapter please skip to chapter 10. I will put a quick summarization of what occurred during this chapter in the beginning of chapter 10 for those for would rather not read this chapter 8 and 9. 

Lance just stared at his father as popped the cap off the bottle of beer. His father had gotten sober five years ago, promising that he would never touch a bottle of alcohol ever again. No one in his family even knew that there was beer in the fridge anymore. His father had promised never to drink after the escalation of his drunkenness had caused him to become violent and abusive. And if that drinking started again... then the abuse would start up again and his family would crumble.

"Papá!" Lance yells, "you promised you wouldn't drink again! Not after last time!"

Lance's dad whips around and points the bottle of beer at Lance.

"Don't you ever tell me what to do, mind your own fuckin business and piss off."

Lance felt his stomach drop, there's no stopping his father now. Quickly, Lance runs up the stairs to his room and calls his mom at work.

"Lance?"

"Hey Mamá," Lance says with a shaky breath.

"Oh hijo, what's wrong?"

"Mamá, Papá just got home."

"What do you mean he just got home?"

"Mamá... got laid off."

Silence was heard over the phone.

"And he started drinking again..."

Silence again, before Lance hears a shuddering breath from his mom.

"Is he drunk yet?" she asks quietly.

"No Mamá, but it won't be long."

"Okay... okay," his mom says, "listen to me hijo, grab a backpack and fill it with clothing and essentials for your brothers and sisters. Then get Marco, Luis, Isabella and Veronica out of the house. Take them to Hunk's, I'm going to call his mom and let them know what's going on. And don't come back until I say."

Lance just nods his head, not saying anything back.

"Hijo, I love you so much,"

"I love you too Mamá,"

"Now go,"

"Bye Mamá,"

Lance hangs up the phone and rushes to grab his backpack. He fills it with pairs of his clothes before moving to his siblings rooms to grab pieces of clothing as well. Once in Veronica's room he sees Veronica handing him a small pile of her clothing.

"Ron..."

"I know, I heard your conversation with Mamá," she says as she pulls on a sweater. "I'll go get Marc and Luis."

"Thanks Ron," Lance says as he heads to Isabella's room where she was napping.

"Hey Bella," Lance says as he gently nudges her awake.

"Hiya Lance," Isabella says tiredly.

"You've gotta get up now, we're going for a car ride over to Hunk's."

"Okie dokie," she says as Lance lifts her out of bed and into his arms. Once downstairs Lance finds Veronica by the door, keeping Marco and Luis as quiet as possible. With shoes on all of their feet, they quietly leave and head to Lance's car. Veronica helps get the twins buckled in while Lance puts Isabella in her car seat before hoping in the driver's side. Veronica finishes helping the twins and pops in the passenger side, giving Lance a nod before he backs out of the driveway and over to Hunk's. During the drive all Lance could think about was his mom, if his mom would be okay and if his dad had truly gone off the deep end. With those thoughts running on repeat, they eventually make it to Hunk's house. Hunk rushes out the front door, his mom close behind him as they come to help get the twins and Isabella out of the car. With their help, Hunk's mom ushers the kids into the house, telling them about the snacks that are ready for them and that they can go and pick a movie to watch in the meantime. Lance gives a small smile as he watches his siblings gather around the television before Hunk nudges his arm and leads him down the hallway to his room. Lance collapses on his bed lets out a deep sigh. Hunk sits down next to him and pats Lance's back as he sits up next to Hunk.

"H-h-he started drinking again, and I had to get them out of that house so they would be safe." Lance says as he starts to break down. Hunk wraps Lance in a big hug, letting his friend cry on his shoulder. Minutes pass and Lance breaks away from the hug before lying down on Hunk's bed. The crying taking it out of him.

"Hey, you can rest for a little dude," Hunk says looking down at Lance's tired form. "My mom is watching over the kids, and we will let you know if we hear anything from your mom."

"You sure?" Lance asks.

"Yes, now sleep for a little,"

Lance gives Hunk a small thumbs up as his eyes slowly close and he dozes off to sleep. Hours pass and when Lance wakes, he notices Hunk's alarm clock reads 8:00pm. With a stretch, he pulls himself off the bed and towards the living room. In the living room, he sees Marco, Luis and Isabella all asleep on the couches and Veronica across the room in an armchair on her phone, the television playing cartoons in the background. He wanders to the kitchen where he finds Hunk and his mom cleaning.

"How'd you sleep sweetie?" Hunk's mom asks.

"Guess I was a little tired." Lance says.

"You want something to eat? We made the kids macaroni and cheese for dinner and there's some leftovers in the fridge." Hunk says.

"Sure," Lance says as he takes a seat at the kitchen table. Hunk quickly grabs the food from the fridge while his mom gives Lance and pat on the back before heading into the living room to watch over the kids. After popping the macaroni and cheese in the microwave, he gives Lance the bowl and Lance digs in. Hunk sits down across from his friend with a concerned look on his face.

"How are you holding up?" Hunk asks.

"I'm okay, just a little worried. I haven't heard anything from my mom yet."

And just as Lance says that his phone vibrates. Notifying him of a message. Pulling his phone from his back pocket he looks to see a message from his mom.

Hey hijo, it's alright for you to come home now.

It puzzles Lance, so he sends a message back.

So, what happened?

Except all he gets back is a read receipt and no response. This wasn't right, something was wrong.

"Hey Hunk,"

"Yeah?"

"I just got a message from my mom, but it doesn't seem right." Lance explains. Hunk gets up from the table and goes to look at Lance's phone.

"You're right, what do you think you should do?"

Lance looks down at his bowl and then back at his phone. What if the message was just his mom and she was busy talking to someone so she couldn't respond? Or what if she was in trouble?

"Okay, I'm gonna go investigate but I'm leaving the kids here. I'll message you to let you know if it's safe to bring them home." Lance explains.

"Alright, just be careful," Hunk says. Lance nods and together he and Hunk head towards the front door. Lance sees that now everyone, including Hunk's mom and Veronica have all fallen asleep in the living room. Quickly, Lance slips his shoes on and grabs his car keys before opening the front door. Before exiting, he turns to Hunk and says,

"If you don't hear anything from me in the next hour, call the police."

Hunk nods and watches Lance close the front door behind him. Getting into is car and pulling out of Hunk's driveway, Lance drives as quickly as possible home. But as he drives all he can think about is the first time Lance experienced his father's drunkenness and rage. It was six years ago, when his dad got fired for the first time. He told everyone that he would get a new job as soon as possible but that never happened. Instead, he went out drinking every night, coming back reeking of alcohol and filled with a drunken rage. About a year late, on one really bag night it seemed like Lance's dad had finally passed out and in a moment of vulnerability Lance went to his mom and came out has bisexual. Unfortunately, his dad wasn't actually passed out and became enraged. Lance's mom tried protecting him from his dad but by stepping in front of her son, she ended up getting punched in the face. Causing a massive black eye. Once his dad had realized what he had done, he immediately sobered up. Lance's mom didn't press charges against him as long as he promised to never drink again. That was five years ago, since then his dad and him haven't seen eye to eye about the who him being bisexual thing but he'd remained sober and had gotten a new job. But look what happened now.

Eventually Lance arrives at his house, seeing his mom's car parked out front and the lights on. Getting out of the car he quickly dashes to the house and pulls open the front door. In the entrance way Lance can see his mom's shoes, purse and coat but the house is oddly silent.

"Mamá?" Lance whispers.

He takes off his shoes and tiptoes further into the house. Silence echoes throughout the house, before he eventually walks into to kitchen.

Clink.

Lance's head shoots up to see his father closing the fridge door, a beer bottle in hand. His father straightens up and turns to face Lance.

"Where's Mamá?" Lance asks worriedly.

"Oh, she's upstairs," his dad says with slur. Lance takes a step back from his father.

"Well, she messaged me so I'm going to go talk to her," Lance says, and he slowly tries to creep out of the kitchen and away from his father.

"Your Mamá didn't text you... I did."

Lance stops in his tracks, frozen with fear, watching as his father lifts up his mom's phone. Lance's dad stalked towards him causing Lance to back away as fast as he can until he ends up hitting a wall.

"P-Pa- Papá," Lance whispers.

"Don't call me that!" Lance's dad yells as he stops in front of him.

"Lance!" a muffled voice yell.

"Mamá!"

"Run! Leave! Call the police! He locked me in the master bedroom and knocked the phone from my hand! Please leave! You don't know what he's capable of!"

"Shut up!" Lance's dad yells. Lance just stares up at his dad in horror. Knowing that his dad was going to hurt him.

"Papá!"

"I said don't call me that you little faggot!" Lance's dad yells as he forcefully grabs Lance by the collar of his shirt. Lance's eyes widen in fear as his dad pulls back his arm and punches him directly in the stomach, throwing him hard against the wall. He crumbles into ball on the floor, stomach and back bursting with pain. He watches as his father backs away and stumbles over the sink and dump out his beer before turning back to Lance. He slowly makes his way back to Lance as Lance tries to stand but the pain in his stomach and back are too great. His father crouches by his cowering form and whispers.

"No son of mine will be a homo freak." Before lifting the glass beer bottle above his head and swinging. 

(A/N: I'm so sorry)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

301K 17.7K 25
Everyone who goes to Redwill High knows of the trickster Gabriel. His antics were legendary among the students, and everyone was always talking about...
246K 7.2K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
203K 5.2K 28
In this reality, at the age of 10 you can contact your soulmate. Any scratches, bruises, marker on your skin, it appears on your soulmate. Keith didn...
8.8K 322 8
jisung,the sheltered son of a king,who wants to go on an adventure.one day,he get attacked and escapes.but on the first step outside,he encounters a...