better man // calum hood

Door ephemeralabyss

casual sex is never just casual sex. OR pop icon leilani falls for her best friend's off limits brother. Meer

i n t r o d u c t i o n
p l a y l i s t
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
A Statement
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
e p i l o g u e
BONUS CHAPTERS
bonus #1 - lani dyes her hair

thirty-three

3.8K 77 37
Door ephemeralabyss

PRIVATE CONVERSATION
Leilani [Lele]
Calum [CalPal💗]

Lele
where tf are u guys

CalPal💗
hi miss u too babe 😭😍

Lele
fine
i miss u
now where are u guys

CalPal💗
almost there
give us five
don't stress 😘

Lele
🤬

Leilani Morales slid her phone into her pocket and headed out into the spacious den where Luke and Ashton's surprise party would take place. She took one look at the guests mingling around and cupped her hands around her mouth. "Five minutes, everyone!" She shouted, and like the flick of a switch, people began to shuffle into suitable spots next to each other. As soon as they stopped moving, she turned off the lights and used the bright screen of her phone to navigate beside Eliza before tucking it away again. Eliza grabbed her hand and squeezed reassuringly until the sound of the front door opening reached their ears. A barely audible murmur rippled through the crowd, only to dissipate into silence once again.

"Damn, you've got a key already. That's a big deal, mate," Ashton's voice rang out first, increasing in volume as he approached. Leilani pictured the four of them shuffling side by side, Calum slightly ahead of the pack. She imagined his fingers reaching the light switch on the wall, and as if on cue, the chandelier illuminated the silhouettes of her boyfriend, Ashton, Luke, and Michael.

"Surprise!" The guests cheered, Leilani joining in. Shock registered on both Luke and Ashton's faces as they took in the width of the room. This was the exact reaction that made Leilani so eager to do things for other people. The pair seemed genuinely touched that someone would do this for them.

"Holy shit," Luke cursed, running a hand through his curly hair while a smile lit up his features. "What's all this?"

"This—" Michael gestured to the party. "—is what happens when Leilani has an idea and ropes people into it. Happy middle birthday to you two."

Ashton's eyes landed on Leilani first. "Aw, Lan, you shouldn't have."

"It was no big deal. Happy birthday guys," Leilani chirped and approached the boys, hugging Ash tightly first before moving onto Luke who squeezed the life out of her.

"Thank you so much," Luke murmured into her ear, his breath disrupting a few hairs on the side of her head. Then, louder, he added, "Thank you all for coming. Let's get smashed, yeah?"

A collective cheer rang out amongst the guests. Ashton and Luke immersed themselves amongst their friends immediately. Michael found Crystal at the front of the crowd and kissed her. Meanwhile, Calum approached his girlfriend and pulled her into his chest. "Hi, baby. You feeling calmer now?"

"Now that Luke and Ash are here and everything went fine, yes, I'm calmer," Leilani declared and gripped the fabric of his button-up between her fingers prior to bringing their lips together. He rested a hand on the curve of her waist and pulled her against him while his other hand went to tilt her chin to a better angle. They kissed without worry that anyone was looking because they most likely weren't. There was enough alcohol and entertainment around to occupy everyone all night if need be, as well as a car service out front to take home drunken individuals if they wanted to leave. Despite tour rehearsals, Leilani managed to plan down to the last detail with a lot of help from Eliza and Crystal. Unfortunately, Mali couldn't make it due to an event her manager set up, so the party lacked the older Hood's creative touch but it still thrived nonetheless. Leilani was utterly and truly happy, and on top of that, she was in a healthy relationship with someone she truly cared about. It was the first time in a long time.

"Hiya, lovebirds, mind if I interrupt for a second?" Eliza chirped, the pep in her voice as prominent as always. Leilani reluctantly pulled away from Calum, peering into his eyes with a soft smile before gazing over at her best friend. She stood next to a familiar female with straight black hair and beautifully tanned skin. If Leilani remembered correctly, this was Eliza's newest girlfriend Valeria that she spoke so fondly about in the groupchat. Eliza would often times send pictures of the two so that her friends could give her the boosting comments that her few Instagram followers couldn't provide. It was Eliza's second relationship with a female and first since she came out as bisexual two years ago. Leilani remembered that moment like it happened yesterday for two reasons; one: she couldn't believe her best friend had been able to hide something as important as her sexuality for so long; two: the shock that coursed through her when Eliza confessed she was attracted to Leilani was more than enough to send of signals in her own brain that she might not have been 100% straight either. They didn't get together or anything, but it was a moment of self-discovery for both of them. Eliza eventually got over her crush, and Leilani continued to suppress her attraction to females. She knew it was 2018 and there was a lot more acceptance going around in the world, but she just didn't feel ready to share that part of herself with anyone just yet. Maybe the day would come or maybe it wouldn't. All she knew was that there was no hiding your true colors.

"What's up, babes?" Leilani wondered, sliding her arm around Calum's waist and leaning into him. His warmth brought her immense comfort and tranquility.

"I just wanted to officially introduce you to my girlfriend Valeria Montez. Valeria, this is my best friend Leilani Morales and her boyfriend Calum Hood," Eliza claimed proudly, gesturing to each of them individually.

Valeria's smile was beautiful. She waved with a slight hesitance and glanced between the couple. "Hi, it's great to meet you two. I've heard a lot about you, Leilani. All good things. As for you, Calum, Eliza has only told me that you're a testosterone-filled buffoon who makes googly eyes at your girlfriend."

Leilani laughed. Calum snorted. Eliza shrugged. "I mean, it's true," the dark haired girl said, gesturing toward Calum. "If you just watch them for a while it's quite sickening."

"I'm more concerned with the buffoon part," Calum pointed out, pretending to be offended. "I mean, what exactly classifies me as a buffoon?"

"Let's see, a buffoon is a ridiculous but amusing person and you, kind sir, are both ridiculous but amusing. Also, as of right now, I have no proof that you are anything other than a person. I'll get back to you on that, though," Eliza responded and brushed her thumb over her chin pensively as if stroking her nonexistent beard.

Before either of them could speak again, Leilani stepped away from her boyfriend and wrapped her arms around Valeria for a friendly hug. "Well, Valeria, it's very nice to meet you. Liz has told me all good things about you as well. I'm glad you're making her so happy. Feel free to call me Lan or Lani. It's what all my friends do."

Once again, Valeria displayed her beautiful smile. "Thanks so much, Lan. You all did great on this party by the way."

"Aw, you're sweet. It was a lot of planning but with Eliza and Crystal's help it came together. The boys, of course, did nothing," Leilani teased and poked Calum in the cheek.

Calum grabbed her hand and stuck his tongue out at her. "I turned on the light so technically the surprise party wouldn't have been as big of a surprise without me."

She giggled and squeezed his bicep. "You're right, hun, what was I thinking?"

Valeria nudged Eliza. "He does make googly eyes at her a lot."

"Right?!" Eliza exclaimed, making both Calum and Leilani laugh. "It's sickening. One day they'll have their first fight and then we'll be back on top as the cutest couple. Valiza over Calani any day."

"Imagine someone twenty years ago hearing this conversation now. I mean, Calani sounds like a dish served in a restaurant, and Valiza sounds like something to help erectile dysfunction," Leilani stated, cringing at the ship names the public had come up with. Well, Eliza created Valiza on her own but either way it was weird.

"At least there are people who ship us together," Calum remarked with a half smile. "Although I'm pretty sure there are more fan accounts dedicated to you and Luke than you and I."

"It'll pass," Eliza reassured him, linking her arm with Valeria's. "We're going to go get a drink. Maybe along the way we'll make a Calani fan account. Who knows?"

Leilani laughed and waved them away, her attention turning to Calum once again. She found he was already looking at her and her heart swooned. "Should we at least hang out with Ashton and Luke before we disappear somewhere?"

"I mean, I hang out with them constantly and they're huge pains in the ass so naturally I'd like to get you alone," Calum replied, slipping his hand around her waist until it rested just above her backside.

Leilani rose to her tip toes and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I want to be alone with you too, but tonight is about them. It'd only be a few minutes."

"Every night is about you in my mind." He grinned, planting a kiss on her cheek.

"Oh, fuck off," Leilani said, rolling her eyes. "You know you get me when you say cheesy shit like that."

His brows rose. "Does that mean we're going to your bedroom now?"

She pressed a chaste kiss to his lips and stepped from his grip. "Nope. I'm going to go find Ash or Luke or both. We'll see what happens. You coming?"

Calum playfully pouted. "Since my girlfriend has decided to ditch me, I'm going to go get a beer and find Roy or something. I'll find you in a few. Don't have too much fun without me?" There was a hint of protectiveness in his tone that made her smile.

"Of course not, daddy," Leilani joked and nearly burst into hysterics at the change of expression Calum experienced in a matter of a second.

"Holy fuck, babe," Calum declared, running a hand through his hair. "Don't do that to me."

"Does it really affect you that much?" She wondered with a grin, pushing a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"I'm literally getting hard right now," he replied in a low voice, shifting his weight from one leg to the other.

Leilani couldn't help it. She giggled. "You men are so weak."

"Only weak for you, baby girl."

She took her bottom lip between her teeth upon hearing the pet name and nodded. "Okay, just kidding. That was pretty hot, I'll admit."

"So are you going to lead the way to your bedroom or should I? Because I have a few things I want to do to you and it'd be wildly inappropriate to do them here," Calum murmured, his words dripping with a seductive quality. It was the raspiness in his tone that almost made her give in. Almost.

"Give me an hour to mingle and then meet me upstairs," Leilani instructed, noticing immediately the way his lips curved downward.

"Half an hour."

"Forty-five minutes."

"Fine."

"Fine."

"Okay, go now. You look gorgeous, by the way," Calum stared as he ushered her toward the crowd of people. "Forty-five minutes are ticking. Bye." He kissed her cheek and was gone, heading straight for the open bar. Leilani shook her head with a smile, eyes following his figure until she couldn't make him out anymore. Then she weaved between bodies, stopping occasionally to have conversations with people she knew or people who knew Calum and wanted to congratulate her on the relationship. It was crazy how fast word spread after her Twitter rant yesterday. Well, actually considering it was the internet it wasn't so crazy after all. Her tweet about Calum being the cutest human being had over 150 thousand likes and counting after being published for less than a day.

Probably because it was true.

Leilani found Ashton sitting around the TV with a few people she recognized, several of them playing fortnite including Michael. The person next to him shifted over so she could sit down and immediately his arm went around the brunette, tugging her close. "Thanks for all this, Lan. It's so thoughtful."

She smiled and slung her arm over his chest, hugging him back before shifting into a more comfortable position against his side. "You're welcome, Ash. You know you guys are some of my closest friends so of course I'd put a lot of thought into making sure you had a great birthday even if it already passed."

"Well, this is a pretty killer middle birthday," Ashton declared as a few people around them began cheering. Apparently Michael killed two people in a row and was doing better than average. Leilani still didn't understand the popular game but when Crystal suggested setting it up for some of the guys she complied, knowing another form of entertainment couldn't hurt.

"I'm glad you like it," she responded, focusing on the television screen. She spent the next several minutes chatting with Ashton and making fun of the losing players until she decided to find Luke before her forty-five minutes expired. Ash informed her that he recently saw the curly haired boy pass by and head toward the foosball which was where she found him moments later, cup in hand while he watched Mitchy and Luke's brother Jack. He waved to her, a smile decorating his lips as well as the remnants of whatever he was drinking.

"Hi. Are you enjoying yourself?" Leilani asked, taking the cup when he offered it to her. She took a sip and recognized the taste of rum immediately. It burned slightly in her throat before settling happily in her stomach.

"Yeah, loads. You did a good job, babe," Luke stated as he took his cup back. "Well, you, Crys, and Eliza. Crys told me she'd cancel this party if I didn't give credit where credit is due."

"I love her." Leilani sighed wistfully and grinned. "But thank you. I appreciate that." She shifted uneasily, voice lowering to a softer volume. "Also, I wanted to thank you for being so cool about Calum and I. That was really awesome of you and I know it's been kind of flaunted in your face but I'd never intentionally want to make you uncomfortable with it."

Luke shook his head and smiled, maintaining such a direct eye contact that it was almost too personal. "Don't worry about it, Lan. In another reality, remember? Plus, I had my kiss. That was enough. I'm good now."

Leilani recalled that moment in her living room, not far from her very spot, where she let him kiss her. It seemed so long ago when in reality it was nothing more than a few weeks. "Yeah, I don't know if I should tell Cal about that. I mean, it was before he and I started dating but you're his best mate so I feel like he deserves to know either way."

"I can tell him if you want, let him know it was something I initiated," Luke offered, taking a sip from his cup.

"That would be so much easier for me, but I don't want you to have to do that. I should be the one to say something."

"You sure? I really don't mind."

Leilani thought about it for a moment before nodding. She needed to tell him; she was his girlfriend after all. Plus, it wasn't like it meant anything. They weren't dating at the time, and Luke was the one to encourage Leilani to step out of her comfort zone and tell Calum how she felt. In a way, he was partially responsible for their relationship.

A quick glance at her watch told her Calum would be looking for her shortly. "I'll probably go find him now. I'll see you later. Have a good time. Love you," she chimed, kissing him softly on his stubbly cheek. "You still need to shave."

Luke playfully swatted her as she walked away giggling, a grin on his pink lips. "You can't just say you love me and then insult me. It's not how friendship works."

"It's exactly how friendship works, Lukey," Leilani called, smiling over her shoulder before focusing back on the task at hand. She searched around for Calum, only to find him chatting with Roy toward the corner of the room. Roy saw her coming first and nodded as a form of greeting, his beer-holding hand nudging Calum on the shoulder.

Her boyfriend turned around and grinned at her. "Time already?"

"Don't try to tell me you haven't been counting down the minutes," Leilani stated, stepping next to him and bumping his hip with hers. "Hi, Roy."

"Sup, Leilani. Your boyfriend here has been checking his phone every two minutes I swear."

Calum narrowed his eyes at his friend. "Fucker."

Roy laughed and lifted his beer up. "Cheers, mate. I'll leave you two alone. Don't get too lost in each other's eyes," he joked, offering Leilani a friendly smile before waltzing off.

"I like him," Leilani commented, peering up at her boyfriend. "He's funny."

"He's a rat, but he's pretty cool most of the time. So, are we going upstairs or what?" Calum cut straight to the chase, causing Leilani to laugh.

"Yes. I have something I want to tell you. Let's go to my room first, though," Leilani said as she intertwined their fingers and led him in the direction of the stairs, surprisingly calm despite the upcoming conversation.

"Uh oh, are you breaking up with me?" Calum asked, his tone both teasing and slightly serious.

Leilani gaped at him as they entered the quiet hallway. "What? Fuck no. Why would you even ask that?" She demanded, almost tripping on the first step as they began to ascend the stairs.

"Okay, good. I can handle anything but that," Calum responded and pulled her along. "What's suddenly got you in this mood to talk seriously?"

"Um, just a conversation with Luke."

He gave her a sideways glance. "We're not having a threesome."

She slapped his bicep. Hard. "Calum! You're so fucking frustrating sometimes."

"Sexually?" He teased, though upon seeing her solemn expression, he squeezed her hand. "Hey, I'm just joking. I'm sorry if I upset you."

A sigh escaped her lips. Leilani led him down the hall to her room and turned on the light, illuminating his apologetic features. "It's okay. I'm not mad. Just sit down for a sec," she instructed, pushing him toward her bed. He gave her a curious look but didn't protest as he sat on the edge of her large mattress. "Okay, so I'm only telling you this so that we're completely honest with each other. That time that Luke came over to talk a couple of weeks ago after our bowling game was a really fucking emotional time for both of us. He got caught up in the moment and he kissed me. I'm not trying to put all of the blame on him because I did let him but it was really brief, and afterward he encouraged me to tell you how I felt once I explained the situation between us." The words tumbled out rather quickly despite there being no reason for guilt. She was single at the time, and although she and Calum hooked up, they were never anything more than casual until recently.

Calum's brows furrowed a fraction, the only indication of any reaction to the revelation. He poked his tongue out to wet his lips, brown eyes staring at her with an emotion she couldn't quite pinpoint. "That was it?" He asked and without hesitation, she nodded.

"Yes. Just a very brief kiss. Then he helped me realize I should take a risk and tell you how I felt which obviously led to our relationship that I'm completely and utterly happy in." Leilani reached out and brushed her fingers along his round cheeks. "Very fucking happy."

A few seconds passed before Calum smiled. "Okay. I'm glad you told me."

She matched his expression with a smile of her own. "Thank you for being so understanding."

"It was before we started dating. I can't exactly be mad about it, especially since the bloke had a hand in us getting together," Calum stated and rested his hands on the brunette's hips, tugging her forward so that she stood between his legs. "I'm also very fucking happy in this relationship. I guess I should be thanking him."

"I don't think that's necessary." She laughed. Her hand shifted to the back of his head where she tugged on his soft locks. "We good?"

Suddenly, Calum stood up, lifting Leilani by her hips so that she was forced to wrap her legs around his waist. He fell back on the bed, settling in until his head rested comfortably on the pillows while she rested comfortably on his abdomen. "We're perfect, baby girl."

Shivers ran down her spine, and she bit her lip briefly before releasing it. "Oh, we're going there, are we?" Leilani arched one brow challengingly when he smirked at her, fingers traveling down his chest to the crotch of his jeans. She palmed him softly through the fabric, urging a brief exhale from Calum. "Like this, daddy?"

This time a low moan escaped his lips, and he reached down to grab her wrist, stopping her movements. His eyes were dark with lust and traces of the domineering personality itching to come out. "Say that again."

"Say what? Daddy? Your obvious kink," Leilani stated, grinding down against him. "How much is it turning you on?"

"So much so that I want to turn you over and show my good girl a great time," Calum responded simply.

"Okay, daddy." She smirked, batting her eyelashes. "It better be pretty fucking great, though, because I'm going to have to fix my makeup."

Calum rolled his eyes and eased her off of him. "Face down, ass up, pretty girl."

leilani's snapchat story

calum's snapchat story

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

237K 3.8K 69
• title pretty much explains it • © : copyright 2017 | @jetblakcal • cover by 5SOSx1DxSM •
44.4K 1.6K 39
"Being in love was never a Mistake." Michael Clifford Fanfiction • AU ⓒ laijoon | 2014. All Rights Reserved.
565 40 20
Please enjoy your stay. Your secrets are safe with us.