Belated Blessings

idreamofme

Elise Riley-Tate moves through life in search of her happily ever after. After suffering a devastating loss... Еще

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1: Honeybun
Chapter 2: First Things First
Chapter 3: Who's the Doctor?
Chapter 4: Hopeful
Chapter 5: Memories
Chapter 6: Peaceful Slumber
Chapter 7: All White Everything
Chapter 8: Slowly but Surely
Chapter 9: Feelings
Chapter 10: Where were you?
Chapter 11: Realizations
Chapter 12: Back To You
Chapter 13: A Deal is a Deal
Chapter 15: As The World Turns
Chapter 16: Change of Plans
Chapter 17: A Day to be Thankful
Chapter 18: The Lies We Tell; The Secrets We Keep
Chapter 19: Twinkle Twinkle
Chapter 20: Sharing is Caring
Chapter 21: Daddy's Blues
Chapter 22: Birthday Wishes
Chapter 23: Let's Straighten It Out
Chapter 24: Enough is Enough
Chapter 25: Preventative Measures
Chapter 26: Birthday Woes
Chapter 27: Cuts and Bruised Egos Pt. 1
Chapter 28: Cuts and Bruised Egos Part 2
Lets Talk
Chapter 29: Heartbreak Hotel
Chapter 30: Talking Tables
Chapter 31: New Year, New Possibilities
Chapter 32: Tate v. Simmons
Chapter 33: Aftershock
Chapter 35: These Are My Confessions
Chapter 34: Cake Cake Cake
Author's Note
Chapter 36: Just Spit it Out
Chapter 37: On Sight
Chapter 38: Taming the Beast
Chapter 39: New Adventures
Chapter 40: Game Changer
Chapter 41: Roads Less Traveled
Chapter 43: Champagne in my Chalice
Cherry Soliloquy
50K!!!
Chapter 44: I'll be Here
Chapter 45: Someone Please Call 9-1-1
Chapter 46: A Dangerous Woman
Chapter 47: I Was Here
OVOS AWARDS
Chapter 48: I Understand
Chapter 49: Rise Up
Prayers
Epilogue
Hmmm...
Sneak Peek: Peace from Pieces

Chapter 14: Sunny Skies and Thighs

4.1K 217 60
idreamofme

August 29, 2014

This month had really flown by. Being back at work was so healing for me. I chose to pour my love out that was intended for my son into my students. We had only been in school for a couple of weeks, but I already had students that stopped by regularly. I was just as grateful for them as they were for me.

Zach and I decided to take the 5-hour drive down to Orange Beach. It's a long stretch, but after you pass through Birmingham and Montgomery, it's a really relaxing ride. I always loved riding through the country. The air seems cleaner, and I just feel at peace. We cruised down 65 south as we jammed to music playing from my phone.

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist

Like it doesn't exist

I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier

Zach cut his eyes at me from the driver seat. "The fuck is this you singing Elise," he spoke looking from me to the road.

" It's Sia baby! You don't like it?" I said still rocking and bobbing my head to the music.

"Nah, not at all! Why is she hollering?" he threw back while scrunching up his face.

" She's not yelling she's singing. You really need to expand your musical horizons," I preached while changing the song. We continued to ride while jamming to random music and making fun of each other's musical taste. Four and half hours later we were pulling up to Turquoise Place.

" Baby, we got here too fast. I told you, you were driving too fast," I fussed with my hand on my hip.

" Did you die though?" He questioned pulling his blacked out Raybans over his eyes. The sun was shining brightly. August in Alabama is probably one of the hottest months of the year. You would think that with Fall almost a month way it would make a difference, but it doesn't. Alabama has two seasons, Summer and Fall. Our winters weren't really winters.

We checked in at the front desk and made our way over to our condo for the weekend. When I walked in, I was immediately drawn to the floor to ceiling glass doors that led to the balcony. I dropped my purse on the couch and made my way outside. I grabbed onto the railing, closed my eyes, threw my head back, and exhaled. I felt as if I had been holding that breath all my life. The breeze from the ocean just below swept across my face. I rolled my neck as I thought about the past few months of my life.

Unlike Alabama weather, my life had seen many seasons in such a short amount of time. During the summer of my mini-lifetime, I was overjoyed to add mother to my list of titles soon. I was excited to carry the next generation of Tates within me. Summer rolled into Fall, with a whirlwind of emotions and bad news. Stressful doctor's visits and imbalanced hormones kept me on edge. It wasn't all bad. I got to hear the sweetest melody flow from my womb, a sound that I could never forget. Fall quickly snapped into Winter, the day I saw my sweet baby boy laying their peacefully, unmoving. Our Winter was filled with below freezing conditions and blizzards. Instead of our love being blanketed in white like snow, it was covered in black. The dark clouds were hovering and setting in.

Now I feel that we are in the Spring of our mini-lifetime. Much with any other Spring, there is rain and tornadoes, but you also saw the blooming of flowers and life being restored to the places that harsh winter damaged. All of a sudden I felt arms wrap around me. I leaned back into my husband's embrace with his familiar scent tickling my nose.

" Bighead, what you out here thinking about," Zach queried leaning in nuzzling his nose in my neck peppering my neck with warm kisses.

" Just life baby, but I'm good," I said while rubbing my hands along his strong forearms, " and I'm hungry."

" What you got in mind" Zach stated lazily while still semi-assaulting my neck. I knew that he was sexually frustrated. It had been almost three months since we last had sex and somehow, I felt like this trip would be spent in this room if I didn't reign him in.

" I was thinking the Hangout, let me just get in the shower and wash this ride off," I spoke while wiggling out of his hold. I heard him sigh and suck his teeth. I just laughed to myself and kept on my journey. I was equally as sexually frustrated as him, but I was also hungry.

I laid out a change of clothes across the bed then grabbed my toiletries and headed into the bathroom. I turned on the shower, allowing the water to warm, while I stripped down. I pulled my hair up into a bun and hopped in. I allowed myself to get lost in the warmth of the water until I felt a presence behind me. Zach took the loofah from me and began to run it across my body softly.

It had been so long since I was intimate with my wife, my body immediately stiffened when I felt her hand graze my thigh. I dropped the loofah and began to replace it with my hands. I ran my hands hungrily over her body washing the left behind remnants of soap away from her body. My left hand traveled upwards to caress her breast while my right hand moved south to her treasure. She threw her head back melting under my touch.

I rested my head in the crook of her neck grazing it with my tongue. I moved my index finger from stroking her pearl allowing it to slip within her folds. Elise gasped and leaned more into me. I added my middle finger enabling it to massage her insides gently. I was surrounded by the steam from the shower and her melodic moans. I felt her body lean forward slightly while her hand smoothly glided against my member. I hardened immediately.

I missed feeling physically connected to my wife. Over the past two months, we have been working on connecting emotionally and mentally, but I needed her physically. I slid my hand out of her treasure and brought both of my hands to her waist gently pushing her body forward. She leaned forward and pressed her hands against the tiles in front of her. I used my right hand to keep her in place while I used my left hand to position myself at her entrance.

As I slid between her folds, I had to pause before I came. Elise's walls had a death grip on my piece which was causing my toes to curl. She began pushing back against me letting me know that she was tired of waiting. I started to slowly stroke her, taking my time because I knew it had been awhile. Her moans turned into pants encouraging me to speed up.

I grabbed her breast and pulled her back to my front and began pummelling her. She began to claw at the wall.

" Let it go" I whispered softly in her ear, and she did. She came so hard; she almost pushed me out. A few strokes later, I was right behind her. We stayed connected for a few moments, allowing our adrenaline to come down. She bent down to pick up her loofah that was long forgotten, and I smacked her on the ass.

" To be continued... after you feed me," she said while kissing me. We cleaned ourselves, got dressed, and headed over to The Hangout. The food at the Hangout wasn't all that special, the energy and the environment is what drew you in. The music was lit, and at any given moment they would have people standing in chairs and on tables dancing. It was a family-friendly environment.

After we ate, we headed back to the hotel. We went up to our room and relaxed on the patio listening to waves crash along the shore. I was leaned back in the chair while Elis sat perched on my lap. We fell into a comfortable conversation about nothing much in particular. I wasn't pressed or looking for some deep life-altering conversation; I was just happy to be around my wife.

"You know," she spoke, " I never saw us here, but I'm glad we made it. The past three months had me thinking we wouldn't make it to year three but I'm grateful to God that we did," she finished pulling my hand up placing a gentle kiss on it. Her words sent a pang through my heart, but at the same time, I understood where she was coming from.

" God didn't say the weapon wouldn't form; He just said it wouldn't prosper," I responded looking out onto the ocean. There were a few people scattered along the shore. Some with flashlights, I assume looking for seashells or turtles, couples cuddled on blankets, it was peaceful nonetheless. I felt Elise shift in my lap and turn around until she straddled me. She looked me dead in my eyes as if she were searching for something or trying to see into the depths of my soul and then her lips latched onto mine.

I felt her love fill me. As crazy as it sounds, every time her tongue swept across mine, I felt myself going further and further inside of her love. She kissed me with so much emotion and passion; I felt overwhelmed. I put my hands underneath her thighs and stood with her legs wrapped around my waist. I carried her into the bedroom and dropped her on the bed, and that's where we spent our Friday night into Saturday, wrapped and tangled in each other.

We finally came up for air on Sunday. Our anniversary was tomorrow, but we would be on the road headed back. I had the whole day planned for us. I booked us a Couples Massage at Serenity at The Beach Salon and Spa and a manicure and pedicure for Elise. The massage was relaxing, and the atmosphere was soothing.

"You're just full of surprises aren't you Mr. Tate?" Elise stated while gently pecking my lips.

" I am and the night is not over," I responded while pulling into the parking lot for the hotel, " Let's get changed and head down to the beach for a bit" I continued talking while getting out the car. We went upstairs and began changing into our swimsuits. Elise came out in her two-piece while pulling her cover-up over her head.

" How do I look babe?" she said while twirling around. I groaned in frustration. SHe knew I hated when she went out looking half naked, but I decided not to press the issue, things were going well, so I wanted them to stay that way.

"You look beautiful babe! Now let's go because we have jet-ski and parasailing reservations" I said smacking her ass and pushing her towards the door. We rode jet-skis for an hour and a half and then went parasailing. I rushed us back to the room to change because I had one more surprise for her. After showering and changing, we headed downstairs.

" Where are we going?", Elise queried following closely behind me.

" Be quiet and trust your man I said," throwing a wink over my shoulder at her. She huffed and followed me through the lobby and out onto the boardwalk. We traveled over the bridge leading us to the beach. Once we got closer to our destination, she gasped.

" Babe, it's beautiful" she cooed.

" I know right. Your husband the real MVP" I said smirking. She scoffed and turned her lip up, and it immediately turned into a bright smile. I pulled her chair out for her and allowed her to sot, then walked to the other side of the table and did the same. We ate, laughed, and talked throughout the night. We retreated to our room and clothes immediately began to disappear. We made love all over the condo, not giving a damn about a mess or noise.

It was around 2 am and Elise had drifted off to sleep. Her hair was sprawled out over my chest as she lay on me softly snoring. I ran my hands over the outline of her body on top of the covers. As I watched my wife sleep peacefully, I silently thanked God for her. I thanked God for allowing us to get through the valley and make it to the other side. I know there are more to come, but I'm grateful that we made it through this one.

I was also praying that Elise made it through this weekend unfertilized. 

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE

I  would really love to hear your feedback! What are your thoughts on the book this far? This is my first book, so your criticism is needed and welcomed.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Shattered Madison Butler

Подростковая литература

485 7 22
Hayley has lost everything. Her world fell apart in seconds and now she has to find a way to put herself back together. Full of grief and hopelessnes...
Ava's World dream_outlouddd

Любовные романы

710K 40.7K 87
After a terrible break up with her boyfriend, we get inside of Ava's World and how she's handling her business, family and her constant reoccurring e...
369 4 9
This book is about the journey to happiness and the ability to let go of the past. In that process of rediscovery for some people grows a blessing. A...
Cruel Intentions ObeyTriple

Подростковая литература

3K 123 48
Rebecca struggles to get over the death of her boyfriend Sebastian. After months of depression and anxiety, she finally has the courage to move on wi...