Martha My Dear

Autorstwa mysweetlordharrison

1966. Charlie is a struggling waitress who's never cared for romance. Paul McCartney is a womanizing Beatle... Więcej

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 1

10.8K 258 160
Autorstwa mysweetlordharrison

"Charlotte." My best friend Audrey sang closely in my ear. I groaned groggily as I pulled my blanket over my head not wanting to wake up yet.

"Oh come on, we're supposed to meet my Bennie and Oliver at the country club in less than an hour." She whined.

I remained silent cursing myself in my head. I wish I never would've agreed to that stupid double date, I wasn't even interested in being set up with Oliver.

"You promised me you would give Oliver a chance. I just want you to meet someone Charlie, I really think you and Oli will really get on." She spoke softly, making me huff annoyedly in my half awake state.

"Fine, but only because I get free brunch." I finally cracked my eyes open to be greeted with her gigantic smile as she sat on the edge of the bed looking down at me with excitement in her bright blue eyes.

"How did you even get into my flat?" I asked wiping my eyes as I sat up.

"You leave your key under the mat, it wasn't exactly rocket science." She laughed. I shrugged, I really should move that key.

I looked down to my covers noticing the outfit laid by my feet on the bed. A baby pink shift dress with a pair of white high heels and tan stockings were sitting there making my stomach drop.

"You have to be joking me." I spoke underneath my breath in disbelief as I stared at them.

"Those aren't even my clothes." I complained as I looked up at Audrey.

"They're mine. I just want you to make a good impression." She smiled wearily.

"What's wrong with my clothes?" I asked defensively.

"Nothing! Nothing at all." She blushed.

I sighed and got up from my mattress, slinging the covers to the side, silently grabbing the clothes and making my way to the shower.

"You're the best!" She called from behind me.

"I know!" I yelled back sarcastically as I went into the bathroom.

I looked in the dirty old mirror and groaned at the sight of the makeup I had yet to take off from yesterday after I had gotten home late from a shift at the café I worked at.

Quickly, I took a shower and got dressed, loathing the stockings I had to wear underneath the shift dress that made me feel completely unlike myself. I felt like it wasn't flattering on me and was meant for someone more petite like Audrey, it was a little snug on my body and was an awkward length, but I knew Audrey would never let me go wearing something plain like  I'd normally wear.

I let my brown hair hang wet preferring how it looked when it dried on it's own, loose curls  that hung down just past my shoulders and my bangs that laid perfectly across my eyebrows.

"You look stunning love." Audrey smiled widely in awe as she was sat down on the edge of my bed.

"I feel like a piece of bubblegum." I looked down at myself with a frown, still unsure of how this dress looked on me.

"You look lovely." She assured me with a grin.

"Right," I responded not believing her. "Tell, me more about Oliver, yeah?" I grinned slightly making an effort to care, sitting down beside her.

"Oh I'll tell you on the walk there, we're running late." She informed me getting up and walking out of my room to the front door.

"Alright." I sighed tiredly following her out of my small flat.

"He works with Benjamin as an accountant, he's twenty seven, he has brown hair and blue eyes," Audrey began her list as we walked to the elevator.

"-he works five days a week, he has a wet mop of a personality, he's a virgin," I cut in knowing his type all to well, making Audrey hit my arm.

"He's a good guy Charlie." She huffed.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry." I shook my head smiling slightly to myself.

"You're twenty three now, not five years old, I need you to act like an adult today Charlie, for me." Audrey pleaded.

"I can be an adult." I spoke defensively.

We got off of the elevator and onto the street beginning to walk to the country club.

We walked about three blocks before something had suddenly made the day a hell of a lot more interesting.

A loud screech of a car made the both of us snap our attention over to the road suddenly in shock.

A big old English sheep dog had almost just been ran over by a car in the middle of the street. I gasped and walked to the edge of the sidewalk looking both ways before running over to the dog.

"What are you doing?" Audrey yelled to me.

I ignored her and grabbed the dog by the collar, bringing it to the other side of the road onto the sidewalk, apologizing to the driver that was stopped cursing at the dog and I.

It was a pretty obedient dog to my surprise and it followed me without resistance, I wondered to myself how it could've even escaped in the first place, it was just so calm and gentle.

I squatted down to see if the dog had a home address or a phone number on the collar.

"Martha." I smiled to myself as I read the name engraved into the metal.

She perked up and stuck out her tongue, almost seeming to be smiling. I smiled back at her joyfully with a laugh.

"You're a very pretty girl, aren't you Martha?" I giggled scratching behind her ear before receiving a big slobbery kiss on the cheek.

I rubbed it off and laughed as I pet her.

"7 Cavendish Avenue, St. John's Wood." I grinned reading the rest of the tag triumphantly.

"I don't think that's too far from here Martha, we can get you home in no time." I smiled at the contented dog in front of me.

"Charlie what are you doing? We've got to go." Audrey nagged as she caught up to me.

"We can't just leave her here." I spoke worriedly getting up and turning to Audrey.

Audrey looked down to the dog beside me and contemplated for a moment.

"Whatever, fine." She groaned with a frown.

"Look, if it makes it any better you can go meet with the two of them and explain to them why I'm late and I'll be there as soon as I can." I smiled hoping it would lighten her mood.

"Alright," She nodded.

"But you better hurry, I really don't want to upset anyone." She pushed a stray piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"I'll be less than twenty minutes, Cavendish Avenue is only about three blocks from here." I grinned.

We split paths and Martha walked beside me willingly without even having to be held onto. I think she liked me, because she seemed to still have her tongue flopping around merrily as she walked closely beside me.

"I don't know how someone even lost you." I spoke giggling while Martha looked up to me with her mouth open as she panted.

We continued to walk for awhile until I found the correct street go turn on to.

"Now, lets look for your home Martha."  I grinned as we finally walked on to Cavendish Avenue.

She barked at me playfully, almost seeming to have understood what I had said to her.

She began to pick up speed down the sidewalk and I followed her curious of her pace, keeping an eye on the house numbers around us.

Martha stopped before an all brown gate surrounded by a tall brick wall and began to bark and scratch at the door.

7 Cavendish Avenue.

I saw the number on the gate and rubbed my forehead, how was I supposed to get Martha through the gate? I wasn't even sure why I had such strong feeling about bringing her home in the beginning.

"Martha?" I heard a thick Liverpudlian accent yell from the other side of the gate as a door creaked open.

Martha began to wag her tail and barked furiously at the sound of her owners voice.

I fixed my hair quickly and dusted off my dress that I still dreaded.

The gate opened and revealed the face that I had already known from radio and television.

Paul McCartney?

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

17.8K 800 23
𝑖 𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝒚𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚. © -flowermoons 2019 ─ pre-beatles/beatles time travel au
55.2K 1.5K 43
She would never understand why she signed the contract, but she did. A contract to be Paul McCartney's on screen girlfriend, but it seemed that contr...
9K 213 50
❝𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖑𝖞 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖑 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞 𝖇𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉,❞ ❝𝕺𝖓𝖊...
2.9K 78 16
Your mum sells you to Beatle Paul McCartney. Romance, tears, and drama ensue. A love story for the ages.