Adversaries | P. JM

marveljeons által

Park Jimin has always been at the top of your list when it comes to people you despise. You and him could nev... Több

Adversaries
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Q&A Answers
Part 24
goodbye jeonbird
Part 25
Part 26- Final

Part 10

9.8K 510 499
marveljeons által

"So," you try and hide your smile, "what do you think of Taehyung?"

"T-taehyung?" Ji-Eun stops walking in the middle of the hallway, "As in Kim Taehyung?"

"Yeah," you nod at her, trying your best to sound casual.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," you nudge her with your elbow, "do you think he's cute?"

"C-cute?" she stutters, "Erm, well, I don't really know him very well," she laughs nervously.

"Ok, but what if I told you he thinks you're cute?"

"He does?!" She says instantly with wide eyes. "I-I mean cool, yeah, whatever," she tries to recover.

Well, you think, now I know the answer to that question.

"How would you feel if he were to ask you out?" You say, grinning at this point.

"I guess I would say ye-" she stops and looks suspicious, "wait is this a prank?"

"No!" You assure her, not wanting to mess this up for Taehyung. "I promise. He's actually interested in you."

"Well," she looks down, "I guess I would say yes," she mumbles quietly.

You breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Ok, good, he's had a crush on you for ages."

"What?" She looks astonished.

"Oh, fuck," You facepalm, "I don't think I was meant to tell you that."

Ji-Eun doesn't respond. You assume she's still in shock.

Ah, young love.

But anyway.

"So are you free this Saturday?" You ask her.

"Yeah, why?"

"He's probably going to ask you out later," you smile, "on a double date, because he doesn't want you to be uncomfortable. He's kind hearted like that." You add.

"Y/n, you can stop trying to put in good words for him," she smiles shyly, "I already like him."

"Oh, thank God," you laugh, "anyway dress nice for the double date on Saturday," you smirk.

When she stops blushing she innocently asks you, "Is it with you and Jimin?"

"What?" This time its you that stops in the middle of the hallway. "No. No, no, no. It's with Chae and Yoongi."

She must sense how wrong she is and seeing your facial expression change like lightning she says, "Y-you guys aren't together...?"

"No," you try to smile. You don't want to scare her away. "Why would you think that?" You laugh, although it probably sounds very forced. And bitter. Which you are.

"Oh, sorry. It's just that he looks at you a lot, so I just, you know, assumed," she shrugs.

"Yeah, he probably glares at me when I'm not looking. Pfft, everyone thinks he's such an angel. Guess they're wrong then aren't they," you mutter to yourself like a crazy person.

"Yeah," she drags out the word, "so, erm, I need to go."

You look up from your mini rant, realising you're being weird.

"Sorry," you apologise, "Uh, look out for Tae by the way. He said he'll ask you out at lunch."

"Ok," she tries to hide her smile, "I'll see you later. Bye!" she waves.

"See you," you mumble although she already walked away.

***

As the date went well (you had forced details out of Ji-Eun obviously), you see that Taehyung and Ji-Eun have been spending a lot of time together.

Hm. You should probably play matchmaker more often.

"I'll be back," you sigh, not wanting to get up from your chair, "I need to get a new book, I just finished this one."

You're at the library with Seokjin, Jimin, Chaeyoung, Yoongi and Namjoon. Jungkook and Hoseok are at the gym and you assume Tae is somewhere with Ji-Eun.

Chaeyoung nods absent mindedly, her attention going back to her phone. She's probably on Pinterest you think, rolling your eyes.

You walk over to the Fiction shelves and look for City of Bones, your favourite of The Mortal Instruments series.

You notice it's on the very top shelf and your shoulders sag in resignation because you know how hard its going to be trying to reach it.

Here goes.

You know there isn't any point trying to reach it and you're just about to go ask one of the boys (not Chae since she's actually a few centimetres shorter than you) when your fingertips skim the book.

Finally, you grin to yourself, the day has come where I have actually been able to reach something on a tall shelf.

Just as your about to reach it, your leg cramps.

You huff out a breath and turn around to get Namjoon but you're met with someone's chest which shoves you against the shelf.

Guess fucking who?

You almost snort at how cliche this whole situation is.

But you don't.

1. Because Jimin is literally two centimetres away from you and that would probably be weird.
2. Because you momentarily forget how to function when he reaches to get the book you need.

Reaches.

As in over you.

You suck in a breath and back yourself against the shelf even more which honestly does nothing to create a bigger space between the two of you.

You realise he smells really good. You don't figure out what though, because you stop before he realises that you were sniffing him.

When he effortlessly manages to get the book, he hands it to you with a faint smirk and quietly murmurs, "Here," which makes his voice deeper and your stomach does a weird flip.

Erm. This isn't supposed to happen.

"Th-thanks," you mentally curse yourself for stumbling over your words when his eyes glow with amusement.

Huh. Who knew someone could have such nice eyeballs?

You clear your throat and shake your head when you come to your senses.

You realise Jimin is still standing a little bit too close for your liking. You look up at him and give him a slightly awkward smile where your lips set in a straight line and you raise your eyebrows as if to say, are you going to perhaps, I don't know, move out my way????

He hesitates for a few seconds watching you get slightly flustered under his gaze and then steps back to create a very small space for you to move out of.

As you move out of the space, which forces you to brush your body against his (there's that weird flip again), you see two familiar faces walking with each other.

Taehyung and Ji-Eun are holding hands.

You gasp.

"What?" Jimin says, startled by your sudden noise.

"Ji-Eun is letting Tae hold her hand," You grab onto Jimin's arm without thinking because you're so occupied with the current sight you're seeing.

"Y/n," Jimin deadpans, "we're all in university. People do a lot more than holding hands."

He sniggers when you glare at him.

"Remind me why you're making a big deal of this?" he asks, trying not to think about your hand on his arm. Which you still haven't removed.

"Because, Park," you say as if it's obvious, "This is Ji-Eun we're talking about. She must be really comfortable with him if she's holding his hand," you smile as if you're a proud parent.

"Well, that's cute and everything," he's smiling widely and you don't know why, "but you're cutting off the blood circulation in my arm and I kind of need it."

You probably broke some sort of record in how fast you moved away from him.

He starts laughing hard at your red face which is currently set in a scowl.

The reason you're scowling isn't just because you didn't realise you were gripping his arm, but because you can't seem to understand why you want to smile at his laugh.

Well you understand why. It's because Jimin's laugh is literally the cutest thing in the world as he giggles slightly but also somehow manages to make it sound angelic and musical like his voice.

You just don't want to like it.

After seething silently for a few minutes watching him laugh, you mutter, "I hate you," and then turn around about to make your way to the group.

Jimin runs up behind you and gives you a back hug.

You're very glad he can't see your face.

"What are you doing?!" You struggle to get out of his iron grip. His koala like tendencies with everyone else and the fact that he works out doesn't help the situation.

But when did he get so touchy with you?!

"Sorry," you can hear the grin in his voice, "but I'm not letting go until you accept my apology." His voice is muffled due to the fact that his face is buried in your shoulder as he's hugging you.

"Urgh, why are you like this," you whine.

"I'm waiting," he says in a sing song voice, his grip even tighter around your waist.

"F-fine," you say reluctantly, stuttering when he adjusts so that his chin is resting on your shoulder and the side of his face is pressed against your ear. "You're forgiven," you grit out.

"There," he says, letting go and you almost frown at the lack of warmth, "that wasn't so hard was it?"

He winks at you and makes his way back to the table.

What the fuck was that?

After standing in that same spot for a few seconds you also make your way back to the table.

"Y/n," Chaeyoung hisses next to you under her breath so that the boys can't hear.

"What?" You whisper back, fully aware that Jimin is glancing at you over his book knowing that he's making you flustered.

"I couldn't help but notice that Jimin came back smiling to himself and then you came a few seconds later looking like you just kissed Brendon Urie."

"First of all," you scowl, "if I ever kissed Brendon Urie I wouldn't be alive to tell the tale. Second..." You hesitate to tell her.

"I'll tell you later."

"Bitch, you better," she whispers, raising her eyebrows at you, "as your best friend I feel like I have the right to know if you and Jimin had sex behind the textbook shelves."

"Chae!" You splutter, cheeks reddening, forgetting you're in a library.

"What's wrong, Y/n?" Seokjin asks since it's unlike you to do this.

"Nothing, Jin," you nervously laugh, aware that everyone's eyes are on you and Chaeyoung is trying not to laugh.

"Oh," Yoongi concludes, "they're probably talking about their period or something," he mumbles, returning to his book.

"Yoongs, what the fuck?!" You exclaim, swatting at him with your book.

"Ow!" He yelps, "Also you know I hate it when you call me that," he rolls his eyes, although you know he doesn't really mind and is just trying to keep up his tough exterior.

"Nah, you all know you love me," you grin at him, propping your feet onto Namjoon's lap who just adjusts his book over them and doesn't bat an eyelid.

You don't notice Jimin tense up slightly at that comment. You also don't notice him relaxing as Seokjin says, "True. You're like the annoying little sister I never wanted," he teases and then he also yelps as you throw your book at him this time.

"Oh no," you rush to him, "are you okay?!" You frantically ask.

"No," he pouts, "you just assaulte-"

"I was talking to my book."

"Wow," he places a hand over his heart, "I'm hurt, Y/n. How could you choose those stupid shadow finders or whatever, over me."

"Okay, first of all, I will always choose these Shadowhunters over you," you deadpan, "second, have you read the description of Simon?" You raise an eyebrow, "The things I would do with him." You shake your head wistfully.

"Oh my god, literally," Chaeyoung agrees, "The whole hot nerd thing he's got going on-"

"Stop," Namjoon holds up a hand, "too much information."

"You're just jealous," you mumble, loud enough for him to hear.

"Okay," Jimin interjects, "we've had this conversation too many times. Let's not argue about whether or not Simon 'probably has better abs'. We all know how worked up Jungkook got last time."

You and Chaeyoung just shrug, letting it go even though you'll probably bring it up another day.

"And for the record. It's me. I have better abs." Jimin states before going back to his book, ending the conversation.

"Looks like somebody wanted you to think of their abs," she quietly sniggers to you.

This time you swat her with your book, which causes her to shout out.

Not realising how loud you were all being, the six of you get kicked out of the library.

{A/n}
Phew, finally a long chapter😅 I've been writing this one all day👏🏻Hope you guys enjoyed it❤️😁Please ignore any mistakes as this is unedited. Love you all🖤💚🖤💚✌🏻

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

63.8K 1.7K 25
"It wasn't for you, if she called you a slut, and I was seen hanging out with you, it would ruin my reputation." You had fallen in love with Jeon Ju...
248K 5.9K 109
ᴀ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴛᴡᴏ ʙᴏʏs ᴡʜᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇᴅ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sɪɴᴄᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴋɪᴅs ᴀɴ ᴜɴɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ sᴇǫᴜᴇʟ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ғɪʀsᴛ ɪɴsᴛᴀɢʀᴀᴍ ʙᴏᴏᴋ :)
169K 12.1K 41
Everyone hates him in school. Still, that only makes me fall in love with him more!
554K 32.5K 71
"Let's get one thing straight. We're friends. But you're still mine. Okay?" - Highest Ranking : #59 in FanFiction Highest Ranking : #17 in BTS