Never Say Die [Walking Dead F...

Av xlaurynwritesx

"It's the apocalypse, what else was I supposed to do?" Lyla Rose Brooks was a normal girl before everything h... Mer

~<Part One>~
Chapter 1: Right Now
Chapter 2: Don't See Us
Chapter 3: They're Coming
Chapter 4: They Were Taken
Chapter 5: I'm Not a Drug Addict
Chapter 6: What an Asshole
Chapter 7: Okay, Sheriff
Chapter 8: How Annoying
Chapter 9: Shit
Chapter 10: Everyone Sucked
Chapter 11: It Wouldn't Last
~<Part Two>~
Chapter 12: Been Better
Chapter 13: High
Chapter 14: Not My Dad
Chapter 15: Black
Chapter 16: This Meant War
Chapter 17: Dreams Sucked
Chapter 18: Close Enough
Chapter 19: Some Fucking Cookies
Chapter 20: 1
~<Part Three>~
Chapter 21: Away
Chapter 22: A Baby
Chapter 23: Made Me Happy
Chapter 24: Should Have Fucking Said Something
Chapter 25: Life Sucked
Chapter 26: Like That
Chapter 27: Don't Mess Up
Chapter 28: Pretty Badass
Chapter 29: Real Life
Chapter 30: We'll Figure It Out
Chapter 31: Lasts Forever
Chapter 32: A Lot of Punching, A Lot of Blood
Chapter 33: A Killer
~<Part Four>~
Chapter 35: A Cheesy Sitcom
Chapter 36: Bonus Points
Chapter 37: Traffic of Nightmares
Chapter 38: Better Alive
Chapter 39: Couldn't Do Anything
Chapter 40: All A Lie
Chapter 41: Good and Brave and Strong
Chapter 42: Never Say Die

Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire

26 1 0
Av xlaurynwritesx

That night after I left Rick found a walker inside the walls. Pete killed Reg and the Rick killed Pete. Morgan found his way to us and Tara woke up. For that night, everything was done.

I stayed inside with Carl and Judith. I wanted to go apologize to Ron for what had happened but it was late so I waited for the next day.

We woke up and got ready for the day. Carol was making cookies. I grabbed one and she raised her eyebrow at me. "Thank you." I smiled as she shook her head.

"So what's the plan for today?" Carl asked as I sighed lightly.

"Find Ron and tell him we are here for him." I shrugged lightly as I broke my cookie in half and gave it to him.

"Yeah we should." Carl replied eating some of the cookie.

We went to his house first. His mom opened the door. "Is Ron here?" I asked concerned. Her eye was hit too but it wasn't as bad.

"No he's been out. Dealing with things on his own time." Jessie shook her head. I nodded putting my hair behind my ear. "I know it's a weird time but if you two ever need a haircut I can do it for you. Might help take my mind off things." She said as I nodded lightly.

I felt bad for her. She had been through the most and I honestly needed a haircut. "I'll take one now." I smiled lightly. She nodded with a small smile. I looked to Carl. "I'll meet you at the house when I'm done and we can keep looking, okay?" I asked as he nodded lightly. I went inside to her house and got ready to cut it.

"How short?" She asked as she came back with the supplies.

"Right here." I said pointing a little under my armpit.

She nodded. "First haircut since?" She asked.

"Yeah. I usually had it to my armpit all the time. My dad liked long hair. He said it was luxurious." I smiled.

"I think it's nice. You can do so much with it too." She said as she made the first snip.

"My mom would always watch videos on braiding it and stuff. She was always so eccentric with it when I was little." I chuckled lightly. "She lived for crazy hair day at school."

"I would too if I had a girl." She responded happily.

We talked about basic things in life. I tried to talk about anything that wouldn't bring up Pete. I wanted to say how we were part of the black eye club but I refrained because we both got them out of hatred.

Eventually she finished and it was pretty short. At least for me. She had a hairdryer and she blew it out for me.

((It looks like dis. Mucho gusto))

She handed me the mirror and I looked at it. "Wow." I said as I smiled to her. "It looks really great thank you."

"You're welcome." She said as I took the towel off of me and felt my hair running my fingers through it. "Hey if you find Ron out there please tell him to come home." She said as I nodded.

"I'll tell him." I said with a small smile before walking out. I headed to the house to find Carl again. He was holding Judith.

I walked over to him with a smile. "Hey. Did you find him?" I asked as I looked at Judith.

"I saw him running in from outside. He looked pissed. I didn't want to ask." He told me as I nodded. "What ya think?" I asked as I put my fingers through my hair.

"It looks good." He smiled.

"What about you? Are you gonna get one?" I asked turning my head lightly.

"I like it long." He shrugged lightly. "I think it looks better." I nodded lightly. I'd only ever seen it long anyway.

"Okay." I nodded.

The next few days were normal. Oh, except for Rick and Morgan finding the gigantic whole filled with walkers and the walkers were starting to get out.

Note my relevant sarcasm.

The truck keeping them in fell, which meant they all were hearding up. Rick managed to make a plan. They had to rush but they were trying to get them out and from what we knew it was working. There was a flare every once in a while going up to lead them away. Deanna also allowed us to have guns just in case. I kept my pistol in my bag usually which I didn't take around everywhere much anymore, but since the walkers getting loose I decided to keep it on.

Carl and I wanted to help, but we were put on babysitting duty which I wasn't mad about completely. We went out for a walk with her in the stroller, mostly just to make sure the flares went up when they were supposed to.

"Hopefully they finish up soon and get them far enough away." I said looking to him as he pushed the stroller. He was a little taller than me now. I wasn't sure if I was done growing yet but I knew he was gonna get taller.

"Yeah me too." He nodded as we walked and saw Enid with Ron.

"Think he finally broke?" I asked looking to Carl.

"I don't know. Looks like it." He nodded lightly.

"Hey uh Lyla Rose, Carl?" We heard as we saw Gabriel.

Word got out that Gabriel told Deanna our group was bad which was a load of bull shit since we saved his ass before even knowing him.

"What?" Carl asked angrily as I crossed my arms.

"You heard what I told Deanna about your group?" He asked as we looked at him.

"Yeah. Why'd you lie like that?" I asked looking at him.

"What I said was about me, not your group. I realize that now and I wanna help. Carl you tried to teach me before, but now I'm ready." He nodded lightly.

"You're gonna need to tell everybody." Carl said looking at him.

"Yeah I know." Gabriel looked to the floor.

Carl turned around and I did too. "Come by around three. We'll start with the machete." He said as he pushed the stroller away from Gabriel. I smiled lightly to him. It was kind of him.

I looked at Enid and Ron again. Enid looked sad but Ron seemed sadder. Enid looked over and I put my thumb up to ask if everything is okay. She shook her head and I looked at Carl.

"It's not good." I sighed looking at him. "I'll ask her later to check on her." I said as we kept walking.

We got back to the house and put Judith to bed. I sang a lullaby as Carl rocked her. Eventually she was asleep but I sang for a little longer to be sure. I looked out the window and saw people coming from outside over the gate. I immediately stopped.

"Carl. Look." I said as he came over and looked as one got a machete and chopped one of the Alexandrians in the side. "Oh my god." I covered my mouth.

"We have to go to Carol." Carl said as he grabbed his gun and I quickly dug in my bag for mine. He headed out and I put all my extra weapons wherever I could on me.

I got to the stairs and bumped into Carl who was coming back up. "What's going on?" I asked looking at him.

"Carol is going out. We need to stay here and protect Judith." He explained as I nodded quickly. I stayed by the stairs to make sure no one could get up.

We heard the back door rattling and I got out of sight of it. Carl went in first with his gun. He looked and pointed and I saw it was Enid.

"Hi." She said sassily as she closed the door.

"Why didn't you just knock?" Carl asked as he lowered his gun.

"I had these. I didn't want them to get them." She said as Carl took them. "I came to say goodbye."

"Watch the door for now. We have to make sure no one gets in." I instructed as she sighed lightly.

"I'm not staying." She regurgitated.

"You can't leave now. There are mad men outside." I replied obviously.

"Just sit down and help us protect Judith." Carl said as she did so knowing she couldn't get past both of us. "We aren't letting them get inside this house."

We all sat down backs against each other, facing each door.

"Did you see any of them?" Carl asked looking at them.

"They're just people. There's no way we can protect this place, it's too big. That's why they got in. Too many blind spots. That's how we were able to get out." She explained.

"They might've gotten in but they won't make it. We won't let it." I responded looking at the door.

"They're all gonna end up dying." Carl said surely.

"Why did you say goodbye?" I asked concerned.

"Ron and I. We were about to leave." She answered.

"Does he even know how to deal with the outside yet?" Carl asked her doubtfully.

"He'll learn. He can't stay, and I don't want to anymore." She answered him.

"It's not that easy. Why would you give up being safe after everything?" I asked confused.

"You call men running in with machetes, safe?" She asked sassily.

"Point taken, but they won't be here for long." I replied with a shrug. It was quiet for a little while. "You shouldn't say goodbye. Just wait until next time." I said looking at the window.

"What?" She asked me confused.

"My grandma had this sign. It said don't say goodbye now, say it next time and you would reread it for next time and it went on like that. Just don't say goodbye. There might be a next time." I said looking at the door as I put my hand down from my knife. The grip was starting to hurt my hand.

"Then I won't say it." She sighed lightly.

"Where's Ron?" I asked after a while.

"I don't know. He was outside last time I saw him." She responded.

"I'll keep look out." Carl said as he got to the front window. "Shit. He's right there." Carl said as he opened the door. Enid and I got up and watched Carl shot the man chasing him in the leg.

"Please man! Please don't do it! My leg!" The guy whined.

"Carl don't fall for it." I said as the man grabbed for his gun. I quickly ran over and stabbed the man in the neck. His blood spewed on the ground. He was playing an act. He was about to get the gun and that would be it for all of us.

"We need to go inside. Now." I said looking to them as we went back in. I looked around and saw some people in the distance but I had to protect who we already had.

"Ron if you come inside I'll keep you safe." Carl said as he kept the gun on the man just in case.

"No." Ron shook his head as he looked at Carl.

"Ron." Carl said as the dumb ass started running away.

"Let's go Carl! He's made his choice." I said as Ron ran away farther. I pulled at Carl's shirt and he started heading for the house as I did too.

I was shaky. After I realized that I just killed another person. I grabbed a pen and lifted up my sleeve. I wrote another mark.

2.

"We should stay alert. There could be more." Carl said as we all kept our weapons in hand.

"The marks- what are they?" Enid asked looking at me.

I pulled up my sleeves. I pointed to my right. "Walkers." I said as I counted. "96." I pointed to my left. "People. 2." I said as she looked at my wrists. My hands were bloody. I went over to the sink and washed off.

"Are you okay?" Carl asked as he walked over to me. I was scrubbing as much of the blood as I could.

"I just- are you? He almost got you that's why I had to-" I stopped myself as I looked to him.

"I'm okay." He nodded. "You're fine." He said as he stopped the water. I took the tag and dried my hands.

"I don't like it, but I had to." I sighed trying to keep myself together as best I could. I looked up for Enid. "Where is she?" I asked looking at Carl.

"Enid?" He asked as he got no response. He walked over to the door and saw a note. "Just survive somehow." He read as he looked at me.

"She didn't say goodbye." I nodded once. "We'll see her again."

"Why do you think? She left." He asked confused.

"The quote. Don't say goodbye, say it next time. She thinks there will be a next time." I smiled lightly to him.

"All that from this note?" He asked almost in awe. I nodded lightly. Just then the timer started buzzing. Carl went to take out the casserole inside.

Don't need a house fire amidst all the other bull shit.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

2.1K 61 121
THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY BEING REWRITTEN BARE WITH ME Currently edited up to *guts**Jessamine didn't start in the apocalypse it's just what she grew u...
410K 10.6K 69
Anna Murphy, a young sweet girl before the zombie apocalypse, became the fighter she currently is to survive in the new world alone. But is she truly...
10.2K 312 30
"I don't want to be told to grow up. And I don't want to change. I just want to have fun. So you better give up, cause I'm not gonna change. I don't...
247K 6.8K 30
Chayla's life wasn't normal to begin with. She was a highly trained, highly paid assassin at a very young age. But her life takes a drastic turn when...