Wonder Boy (Robin Love Story)

Door pelletsofblue

Rosalyn Bent, or Rose for short, is just your average, fourteen year old girl. But all that changes when... Meer

I
II
III (grayson's point of view)
IV
V (grayson's point of view)
VII
VIII (grayson's point of view)
IX
X

VI

536 23 7
Door pelletsofblue

Once Robin left, I was completely at lost on what to do with myself. I just stood there, alone on top at that roof, staring blankly at the sky with the past events simply repeating themselves through my head.

Being with Robin was so, completely breathtaking. It's as if the clock stops and time moves as slow as possible when he's standing by my side. And the taste of bitter danger lures me in towards him even more. I know I should be scared about the people trying to hurt him by either going through him or through others, but the thought that we're always running is kind of exciting.

I shook my head, my brown hair flying everywhere. I can't think like that, danger was bad for a reason. But why am I even overthinking this? He could have just done this in the heat of the moment, it doesn't mean it meant anything to either of us.

I laughed at myself, whom am I kidding? That feeling he gave me every time I saw him, especially the breath-taking emotion I felt when we were millimeters apart was something I never felt before, and something that excited me to no end.

As I climbed down to my bedroom, my thoughts fell back into check. I may be impulsive, but I'm not insane. I know nothing can happen between us until there's trust, and right now he needs to keep his secret safe and I need to start taking care of myself.

I looked at my clock and noticed that it was only seven thirty so instead of getting ready for bed, I decided to cook something for when my brother woke up. He can't stay asleep forever, can he? 

I started cooking Xander's favorite food just as a treat for sleeping for eternity. As I finished setting the meal on the plate for myself, I heard a loud thud from the lounge followed by a grunt.

I ran to check out the noise in a panic until I saw my brother on the floor with his hand pressing against his head. I leaned on the doorframe and stared at him for a while, amused.

"Good," I checked my watch mockingly, "night, Sleeping Beauty."

Xander looked up and glared at me for a while before breaking into a smile, tried to stand up using the table for support and walked towards me with his arms open.

"Hey, lil' sis."

"Hey, Xander?" I questioned at his suspicious greeting.

"I missed you, Rosie." I looked at him with eyebrows raised and gave out a light scoff.

"You were passed out for more than twenty four hours, Xan." I stated, "there is no possible way you could have missed me."

I untangled myself from my brother's arms and looked up at his tall frame. I couldn't help but note that his shirt was different from this morning and how his eyes weren't slightly red like it usually was when he woke up but decided to ignore it.

"Dinner's ready, Xan."

After my brother and I finished our dinner, I decided to go to bed so I could be fresh for tomorrow. Xander said he would stay up for a while and I don't blame him. I mean, if I slept for nearly two days, I would be wide awake.

As I lay in bed, random, uninvited thoughts started popping into my head. My eyes were wide open while I thought over every single detail in my life, or more importantly, the two people in my life. In the span of three days, I've already met the two most amazing people. Dick, the soon-to-be best friend I know I'll always be able to count on and Robin, the wonder boy who I can't help but feel attracted to.

I know it's stupid to already have feelings for the Boy Wonder but the more I try to push my feelings down, the more they want to retaliate and bite me in the ass.

As the minutes I lay awake turned to hours, I finally got up and made my way to the kitchen to get myself a drink of water. But I never expected to come across the scene I saw, and the sight that fell upon me shocked me to the core.

There laid my brother, his eyes opened wide in shock and a knife pressed into his back. It seamed like he put up quite a fight due to the mess held in the kitchen. Chairs were turned, books on the floor, food squished into the carpet, hundreds of things that could be noted but all I could see was my brother.

I fell to my knees as a sob escaped my lips. The tears came faster than I imagined and I got up and raced to my brother, placing his head on my lap and accidentally getting his warm blood on my hands.

I looked at my hands in shock. I lost him. I lost the only family I had left. The only person that took care of my ever since our parents were shot.

He was dead.

Suddenly, a silhouette emerged from Xander's room with a bunch of cash in his left hand and Xander's old laptop in his right. The man's eyes were covered but I could faintly see a smirk playing on his lips.

"Hello there, sorry about your brother. He wouldn't let me pass." He muttered playfully.

Something stirred within me as he talked, a fire with one death instinct I hated to admit, but loved to feel.

I quickly grabbed another knife lying on the counter and chased after the man, screaming bloody murder. The man's head fell into place as he realized what I was doing and ran towards Xander's room once again. The man's legs were much longer, therefor faster so before I could reach him and make him pay, the man had already jumped out of the window, counting the stolen money.

I threw the knife on the floor and grabbed the closest phone. My first instinct was to dial 911 but my figures flew to the Batman helpline before I could comprehend what I was doing. (I don't actually know if there's a Batman helpline in Gotham but for the sake of the story, bare with me.)

"Yes?" A gruff voice answered after the second ring.

"Hello, Batman? Oh please help, my brother just got murdered and I don't know what to do! Please come quick, his killer is getting away. Please." I managed to get out behind my tears and shaking voice.

"We'll be there. Stay put." He replayed before hanging up.

And there was nothing I could do but wait.

bruce's point of view

"Robin," I called out to the fourteen-year-old vigilante, "we have an emergency"

"What's up Bats?" Dick strolled in with his costume on the ready, and an playful smile drawn on his face.

"There's a red alert in 32 Westmond Street, Riverhead apartments. Room 26A. Someone's been murdered and the killer's on the run." I wheezed out as I type codes into the computer, watching as Dick's mouth hangs open.

"32 Westmond Street?" Dick asks with a shaky voice.

"That's the one. Now-"

"Batman, you get the car and I'll ride ahead. I'll see if there's anyone else hurt." He says, rushing out of the garage in a panic with his helmet in hand.

"Dick!" I call out before he can leave the Batcave. He loops around with his motorcycle and raises his eyebrows with impatience.

"Don't jump into conclusions. The person who was murdered was a-"

"I don't have time for this, Bruce." He spits out, spinning around again and zooming off towards Riverhead.

"Male." I finish, rolling my eyes at the young hero and finished the final coding, chasing after the boy.

rosalyn's point of view

The tears already dried out by the time the front door flew open to reveal a crazed Robin. I looked up at him with tears forming in my eyes again, wrapping my arms tighter around my brother's neck.

As Robin took one look at me, he sighed in either relief or sadness, neither mattered to me either way. He walked towards me, hesitating to touch or talk to me. But I waited for his embrace, sobbing as he pulls me to his chest.

"He was r-right there. I could've done s-something." I manage to scrape out but Robin shook his head at my words.

"You couldn't have done anything without getting hurt."

"I would have rather gotten hurt than have let this happen, Robin."

We stay in silence for a while until another figure enters my apartment. The big, black costume instantly shows the outline of Batman as he takes in the sight with Robin, Xander and I. His eyes scan over my apartment until his gaze falls on a blood-red envelope.

"Where have you been?" Robin asks half demanding, half questioning while I stare, confused at the envelope.

"Chasing the killer. Did you analyze this place, Robin? And did you see the man drop this envelope, Rosalyn? Describe him for me."

"I, um. I didn't see him drop anything a-and I couldn't see his face. H-he was wearing a red hoodie, jeans and sunglasses."

"And this is where the victim was killed?"

"This is where I found him." I answered shortly, tensing up as he said 'victim', but already dry out of tears. Robin hugs me tighter and motions for Batman to check out the place.

"Rose, I'm so sorry. If I've known-"

"Don't," I butt in, "don't apologize, it's not your fault. It's not anyone's fault but that man." I spit out the last word as if it was made with venom. That killer wasn't a man, he was a monster.

So as Batman tore my brother's bedroom from piece to piece, all of his noise was dulled with Robin holding me. We stayed there for God knows how long, in which I was praying for Xander to be happy wherever he was.

Loosing your friends are a disappointment, loosing your parents are a jab to the heart, but loosing the only person who took care for you through thick and thin, that was insanity.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

89.7K 3.1K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
918K 21.1K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
140K 5K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
135K 6.2K 35
"I can never see you as my wife. This marriage is merely a formality, a sham, a marriage on paper only." . . . . . . She was 10 years younger than hi...