"Sweet Mistake (Book 2)" ✔

_yveschanelle_ által

Engaged to another, she resists his allure. A shameless womanizer, he seeks her surrender. She's a wealthy he... Több

Sweet Mistake
Chapter 1 (EDITED)
Chapter 3 (EDITED)
Read Unedited Version

Chapter 2 (EDITED)

34.3K 1.4K 175
_yveschanelle_ által

~Author's Note~
Here's a second sneak speak of the edited version 😌♥️.

*.*.*.*

Kloe:
I stood on the balcony, gazing down at the beach. It looked even more stunning under the night sky.

"Here," I heard his voice and turned around.

"Thanks," I muttered, accepting a glass from Leandro's hand. He had brought a glass for himself and a full bottle of wine as well.

He poured some wine into my glass and filled his own.

"I hope you didn't add anything to this," I said, eyeing the wine cautiously.
He smirked mischievously, and suddenly I had the urge to pour it out.

"I didn't. How could I spike it when we'll both be drinking it?" he asked.

"I don't know you, but I'm convinced you're capable of the worst."

He shook his head, amused.

What was so funny? Why was I even spending time with him? He scared me, yet I was foolish enough to agree to have a drink with him. But I needed a drink. My mind was filled with overwhelming thoughts that consumed and stressed me.

I felt genuinely happy for Donnica, seeing her so joyful and married made me wonder if I would ever marry Tyler. Yes, we were engaged and loved each other, but to me, that didn't feel like enough. Whenever he suggested a suitable date for our wedding, I would find excuses to postpone it. He couldn't understand.
I did this because I felt miserable within. I believed he deserved someone in good health. Someone he wouldn't have to worry about losing at any moment. Someone he wouldn't have to spend a fortune on for hospitals and treatments. That was me.

Not only was I anemic, but I also fell sick frequently. I felt like a burden to him, even though he didn't see it that way. He didn't care and loved me as I was. But I cared, and it infuriated me. At times, I completely lost my confidence and sought solace in alcohol, friends, or Donnica. Donnica was my pillar of strength, the sister I had never had. Not even my older brother could provide the reassurance she did. I was glad she had found happiness.

"Hmm, alright," I said, raising my glass. "Cheers..."

"Cheers, signorina."

I took a sip of my drink and turned to gaze at the beach.

"Your family has great taste. Not only is the property beautiful, but the surroundings as well," I continued.

"Yeah, you seem preoccupied. What's troubling you?" Leandro asked, taking a step closer. I was wise enough to take a step back.

"It would be preferable if you respected my personal space," I stated dryly, and he smiled. His smiles always had that wicked, mischievous aspect to them.

"I see you're being cautious around me," he said in a low voice, slowly sipping his drink.

"Naturally. What did you expect? I know about your slutty reputation."
As soon as the words left my mouth, I regretted them.

A frown appeared on his face, and a voice inside me urged me to run for my life. I was naturally sarcastic and dry, but it had its drawbacks. Sometimes I unintentionally provoked the wrong people.

"Don't worry," he began slowly, his frown fading as a smile replaced it. "...I know you're engaged."

I started to breathe again, hastily finishing my wine. I felt relieved that he hadn't attempted to harm me.

"Allow me, signorina," he offered, suggesting to refill my glass. I allowed him, and after pouring my glass, he filled his as well.

Leandro:
I observed her drinking her second glass. She seemed troubled by something, and I wondered what it could be. I watched her finish the contents of her glass for the second time.

"I want you to drink yours too," she told me, her speech slightly slurred. She was getting tipsy.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I don't trust you. Let's drink at the same pace so that if I get drunk, so do you..."

I smiled.

"Alright." I emptied my glass as well.

There was something intriguing about Kloe that captivated me. Perhaps it was her unapologetic honesty. Most people would be afraid to admit that they didn't trust me, but Kloe made her feelings clear.

Kloe thought she was being clever, but she wasn't. She believed we would both get drunk together. However, I was experienced. A bottle of wine was enough to make me slightly tipsy, but not intoxicated. A bottle was sufficient to make her divulge her secrets. It was a game she was already destined to lose.

"You can confide in me. I'm a good listener," I said, attempting to capture her attention.

"I have one problem," she slurred, gesturing for me to refill her drink. I drank my wine and refilled both our glasses.

"Which is?" I inquired.

"I have iron deficiency anemia," she laughed drunkenly. "Or nutrient deficiency anemia. Whatever you choose to call it."

Narrator:
Leandro hadn't expected that response, and he doubted it was her only problem. However, he had no intention of probing further. He simply didn't care. It was better to avoid being bored.

He didn't know what to say to her, and he had no desire to comfort her. He didn't have the time to listen to anyone's tragic story.

"Well, I'll leave you alone now, if you don't mind," he informed her.

"Even if I did mind, you'd find a way to leave. Go. I'm not holding you back," Kloe dryly replied in her intoxicated state.

The indifferent Mafioso turned to leave when she stopped him.

"Give me the bottle of wine," she ordered, visibly disturbed.

Leandro knew that giving her the bottle would likely encourage her to drink more, but he still handed it to her. She wasn't his concern, and he didn't have the patience to worry about anyone else.

Once he was gone, Kloe sat on the wooden floor, staring at her glass. She wasn't an alcoholic, but at the rate things were going, she feared she might become one. That's what some people said. However, Kloe was a resilient young woman, and she made sure not to always drown her problems in alcohol.

~

That night, Leandro had one target and one target only: Amelia Sanchez, Xavier's wife. She was a promiscuous French woman, known for her preference for younger men. Xavier had no idea who his wife truly was, how unfaithful she could be. It was the perfect leverage against him. He was a cunning old man, but he wasn't cunning enough. He had attempted to ruin Leandro's businesses and had sent goons and trained assassins to kill him on multiple occasions. He had no clue that Leandro was aware.

Well, it was time to teach him a lesson, using his forty-year-old wife. She was a nymphomaniac, which would make things easier for the mafioso.

~

Leandro grinned to himself as he discreetly hid a mini camera in his bedroom. It had a perfect view of the bed. Not only was he going to make a sex tape with Amelia, but he was also going to humiliate her and send the entire package as a gift to Xavier before killing him.

~

Leandro observed the others dancing and enjoying themselves from a distance in the hall.

His eyes remained fixed on Amelia. The French woman swayed her hips seductively to the music, sipping her wine and laughing with her friends. Her husband was absent from the late-night party, providing the perfect opportunity for Leandro to prey on her.

Leandro approached Amelia slowly, taking advantage of the dim lights and crowded area. He stood behind her and lightly placed a hand on her buttock.

Amelia froze and glanced to the side.

"Leandro," she murmured in her French accent, taken aback.

"Shh. You look stunning tonight," the Mafioso whispered.

The dancing crowd and dim lighting made it difficult for anyone to notice them.

"Thank you," she replied, smirking. "Is there something you want?" she asked, eyeing him.

She had always admired both Leandro and Antonio from a distance, fantasizing about having a threesome with the two men. However, now that Anthonio was married and deeply in love, her attention was solely focused on Leandro. And finally, he had approached her.

"Sí, I have a big surprise for you," Leandro replied, giving her a squeeze.

The naughty woman bit her lower lip and smiled.

"Oh, really? What is it?"

"You'll find out if you follow me."

"Fine," she turned to face him, "I'm right behind you."

The devilish smile on Leandro's face grew wicked.

She was unknowingly walking into a trap. But the foolish woman had no idea.

Taking Leandro's hand, she discreetly followed him out of the hall.

Leandro:
She followed closely behind me as we walked. It was going to be a highly amusing experience for me.

As we passed the balcony, I noticed Kloe. I had completely forgotten about her.

She lay on the floor, an empty wine bottle and glass at her side.

I realized I couldn't leave her there. Not because I cared, but because she was Donnica's friend. If I left her outside, something might happen to her.

Reluctantly, I turned to Amelia.

"Go back to the hall. I have something to take care of. I'll be back," I said.

Amelia nodded and walked away.

I approached Kloe and helped her up.

"Let me go!" she screamed, attempting to fight me. She was heavily intoxicated, and I knew it would be challenging to take her to the next building.

~

I finally managed to bring her to the house, but I couldn't make it to her room. She was being incredibly aggressive and agitated. I had no choice but to take her to the nearest room. My bedroom.

As I led her towards my room, she started to giggle and laugh.

"Where are you taking me, Mister?" she giggled. "Do you know you're attractive?"

I reached my door and struggled to open it.

"Ohoho, to your room? Do you want to sleep with me? You sick criminal," she laughed, rubbing my chin. "I won't let you. If you try, I'll castrate you..."

Ignoring her threats, I successfully got her inside, the door closing behind us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: This brings back memories 😭❤️.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.3M 80.5K 36
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
4.4K 294 35
I turn and glare at him for giving me such a fright but he just stands there staring at me, then his eyes trail from my head down to my toes and only...
680K 22.8K 49
"I want you forever, not just for tonight." - Xavier. Alexandria Reid's life is about to change drastically when she accidentally bumps into Mr. Bill...
425K 30.8K 69
"I'm a terrible dancer," I whisper. "And I guess the cowboy is much better than the city girl." My sarcasm is purely intended, and when he smiles hea...