Mighty joe young.

Bởi ChelseaElliott1

Five year old Katelyn and her older sister Jill who was ten at the time made a promise to there mother the ni... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Gorilla's and the promise.
Chapter 2: Someone discovers Joe.
chapter 3: Some painful decisions.
Chapter 4: L.A and our first day at the reserve.
Chapter 5: Joe troubles, Henry and more trouble.
Chapter 6: The party and making a rash and dangerous decision.
Chapter 7: He Killed our mother!! Joe is in danger!!

Chapter 8: Chapter 8: promise broken and then finally keeping that promise.

341 8 3
Bởi ChelseaElliott1

Chapter 8: promise broken and then finally keeping that promise.

Chelbell2016:

Tear filled eyes as I write this chapter. Hope you enjoyed.

Katelyn's POV:

We find Henry and Gregg near the Ferris wheel. I am so worried right now as we both go running over to the two men.

"Jill, Katelyn!!" Gregg says when he spots us.

"Strasser was here!!" Jill tells the two men. "Joe just killed him!"

"We've got to get out of here now!!" I yell knowing we do not have much time we need to act fast. There is no time to waste.

We look around and see some officers heading towards us with guns. They are obviously after Joe.

"It's too late!!" Gregg says.

"No!!" Jill says. "We gotta stop them!! Come on!!"

We run over and try to get them to lower there guns. I will not let them hurt Joe.

"DON'T SHOOT!!" I yell at the commanding officer as I step in the way of his gun. "He's not dangerous!! Don't shoot him!!"

"GET OUT OF HERE!!" The commanding officer yells at me.

I hear a smash behind me and I turn to see Joe climbing onto the walking platform around the Ferris wheel.

"JOE!!" I yell and Jill turns to see what I am yelling about.

Joe turns and looks at us. But then he turns and for some reason he begins to climb the Ferris wheel.

"JOE!!" Jill and I yell again and then I turn to my sister. "What is he doing?"

She shakes her head but then the officer from before walks to stand besides us and gives his orders. "Fire on command!!"

As Joe puts his foot on the Ferris wheel and begins to climb I worry about whether that thing will hold his weight. I cannot loose Joe anymore then I could loose Jill.

"READY!!" The officer tells his team.

"Officer!!" A woman says and I turn to look at her. "I can't find my son. And I never saw him get off the Ferris wheel."

I squint my eyes as I glance at all the different compartments on the Ferris wheel. Then I freeze as I notice something.

"LOOK!!" I yell and everyone else looks up as well.

"OH MY GOD!!" The mother says as she sees her young son trapped on the Ferris wheel still. "JASON!!"

We can hear the boy yelling for his mum.

Joe begins to climb the Ferris wheel. He dodges all the flames and moves as sparks come at him. But it is at that moment that I realise what he is trying to do.

"He's trying to save him!!" I tell the officers holding my hand up. "Don't shoot!!"

Jason's mum turns to look at the leading officer who takes a second before coming to a decision. "Hold your fire!!"

I lower my arm and Henry steps to my side as we watch Joe climb up. Jill and Gregg are also on the other side of me. I feel my heart begin to beat really fast.

"Come on Joe!!" I whisper and I feel Henry place a hand on my shoulder.

There is a burst of flames and Joe slips. I cover my mouth with my hand and look up as Joe stops for a second.

"Joe come on!! Please!!" I say hoping he does not fall.

"He's gonna be okay!!" Jill says.

I try to control my fear as Joe goes on.

"Hang on!!" Jason's mother says.

Joe continues his trip to get the little boy down and I cannot take my eyes away from them right now. Joe finally makes it to the boys cart and the boy looks to scared to move at first.

But after a few moments Joe manages to get the boy into his arm.

"He's got him!!" Gregg confirms.

Suddenly there is a bang and Joe looses grip with his legs. He roars as he goes smashing into the Ferris wheel.

"OH NO!!" Jason's mum cries out as she worries for her son. "JASON!!"

Joe manages to get his legs back on and I sigh. "Come on Joe!!"

Suddenly the bars begin to groan and break that are holding the Ferris wheel up. I know what that means and I feel like screaming.

"My god it's gonna tip!!" Gregg says. "ITS GONNA TILT EVERYBODY GET BACK!!"

Henry grabs my arms and he has to drag me back.

"JOE!!" I yell as Henry continues to drag me and Gregg also tries to get me to move quicker. "JOE!!"

We make it far away and the officer had to drag the mother away as well.

I turn and watch as Joe begins to yell as the ride begins to tilt. Jason also begins to yell. All the sparks and the fire flashes in front of our eyes as the ride begins to come down.

Henry pulls me into him as Joe kicks off from the ride not too far from the ride. I feel myself shake with fear.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

I finally look back to see Joe on the ground. Jason nestled in his arm. Joe protected him.

I look at Jill and we both go running over to Joe. Henry and Gregg go to help Jason. Jill and I go straight to Joe's head and we are worried when we see his eyes closed.

We stroke Joe as we try to get him to wake up.

"JOE!! Open your eyes!!" I beg him. "Come on big guy open them for us!!"

"Come on!!" Jill also tries to get him to react.

"Open your eyes!!" I say again as my eyes fill with tears. "Joe please open your eyes!! Don't do this!!"

"Oh I'm so sorry!!" Jason's mother says as she holds her son.

"COME ON JOE!!" I yell as Jill moves to Joe's chest. "YOU CANNOT LEAVE US!! WE NEED YOU!!"

She looks at me.

"Joe?" I ask him again.

"Katelyn," Jill says and I look at her. She shakes her head.

"NO!!" I yell loudly and turn back to the gorilla. "NO. NO!!"

I begin to sob as I feel my heart begin to break.

"Mommy is he going to be okay?" I hear Jason ask his mother.

"I don't know," his mother replies.

"NO!!" I scream and Jill comes over and kneels at my side. "JOE!!"

Henry and Gregg move forwards as a bunch of people try to come towards us.

"Keep these people back!!" Gregg says.

"No," I say quietly as I weep and so does Jill. "NO!!"

I continue to weep and Jill sobs as we both lay our heads on Joe's arm. I feel as if I have failed my mother. We promised. We promised we would look after each other and Joe.

That promise has now been broken.

"Don't leave us big guy," Jill says.

"Come back," I say and I feel all hope leave my body. "Please come back!! Don't leave us we need you."

We go silent as he does not reply. Closing my eyes Jill pulls me towards her and we both hug as we feel all our hopes for Joe crash. We will never play hide- and- seek again.

I will never smile again. I will never laugh or talk again. We just lost our best friend and broke our promise to our mother all in one go. I do not know what to do.

Something suddenly touches my cheek. Realising that it is not Jill's hand I open my eyes. It is Joe's hand.

"Joe," I whisper so Jill don't hear me just in case.

Joe's eyes begin to open. I feel shock and relief fill my chest.

"JOE?!" I say louder this time and Jill looks up.

Henry and Gregg look back.

Joe begins breathing heavily. He has started breathing again and is conscious. I feel my heart leap and I begin to cry. Happy this time.

"He's alive!!" Jill cheers.

"He's alive?" Gregg and Henry both say as they come over to us.

"Joe!!" I say as Jill and I begin to kiss him.

"Joe!!" Henry says and I can hear the humour in his voice.

"He's alive!!" I say as I look him over.

"You big Balooka," Henry says as he places a hand on mine. "That's no way to ride the Ferris wheel."

"Joe!!" Jill says. "Big guy you scared me."

"We gotta get him out of here," Gregg says. "Get him somewhere safe."

I look up at him and so does Jill.

"Somewhere safe?" I ask him and he turns to look at me. "Somewhere safe means a knew home for Joe."

"Where are we going to get that kind of money?" Jill asks knowing that it will not be easy.

"I've got some money for Joe," Jason says and he looks to his mum.

When she nods he steps forward and I smile at him as he places some money in my hand.

"Thank you," I say.

The commanding officer steps up and goes to Gregg.

"Here for Joe," he says before turning to the rest of the crowd. "Come on folks lets help him out."

People all begin to come up to us and give us a lot of money. I am shocked by how many kind hearted people there are.

I turn to Jill and I know that we are thinking the same thing.

We are taking Joe where all three of us belong.

Were going home.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

We are now back home. Today is the opening for the Joe Young Wildlife preserve.

Birds fly around us as a group of us stand in the opening. Joe is on the other side so people can see him.

Kweli walks towards us with a knife. Jill and I both grab it with one hand each. Then Henry, Gregg and Kweli grab the rope and they cannot stop smiling.

Jill and I raise the knife and then strike down cutting the rope.

Then we turn to our people.

"TOME FAHURA!!" We yell and everyone begins to clap for us.

I hug Kweli and Jill hugs Gregg. Then as I turn to hug Gregg she hugs Kweli.

I turn to Henry and we kiss. I notice that Jill hugged Gregg.

As Joe walks towards us I grip the necklace that was my mothers. I notice that Jill is doing the same thing.

Joe looks really happy to be home. We are happy that he is home and safe.

Joe runs off and I smile after him.

That night I keep another promise. I write a letter to Cecily.

Dear Cecily,

We promised to write you when Joe was settled, and now I finally can. With all the contributions people sent in for Joe, we were able to buy a beautiful land preserve that's even big enough for him.

We dedicated the Joe young wild life park today, and it was one of the happiest days of mine and Jill's.

At last, we have kept our promise to our mother.

The people here are saying N'Gai Zamu the sacred guardian has returned to protect the mountains. Other people still say N'Gai Zamu is still a legend.

I say Legends live forever,

Thanks for all your help,

Katelyn.

Chelbell2016:

Okay hope you enjoyed it.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

10.5K 708 20
When 15 year old Jackie discovers her parents were in a horrible car accident and has to move in with her aunt Stacey,she finds out secrets...really...
Wars and Lies Bởi Catmonk

Tiểu Thuyết Chung

866 55 23
The animals went crazy and humans turned on each other. Humans had to adapt to survive in the wild. Katie is a kind, smart and feisty seventeen year...
1.4K 21 15
This story is about Sergio, a 10 year old girl who's lived a hellish life for the past 5 years. She was kidnapped at 5 years old and the worst part i...
5K 130 18
might do a small rewrite on some chapters, idk TW: this story may contain mentions of death, mental illness(s), and slight gore. If you find somethin...