The Forgiven Bionic| Lab Rats...

Per caler_jo_hyden

*Book two of Secretly Super, the Lab Rats story* Lab Rat D, but known as Destiny, finds herself intertwined w... Més

Destiny
The Rise of Six
Holding out for a Hero
Power Play
The Superhero Code
Need for Speed
Follow the Leader
The List
Coming through in the Clutch
The Rock
Home Sweet Home: Pt.1
Home Sweet Home: Pt.2
Remember
Game of Drones
They Grow Up So Fast
The Attack: Pt.1
The Attack: Pt.2
Season Two ❤️
Shapeshift Sickness
How Long Is Forever?
Going Wonkers
Switched
The Mark
The Prophesy
The Wish: Pt.1
The Wish: Pt.2
Memory Lost
The Ghost
Quake Exposed
Inevitable
Choices
A Brave New World
Season 3
Date with Destiny
Inhumans: Pt.1
Inhumans: Pt.2
The Puppet Master
O Brother of Mine
Surprise Birthday Party
You'll Be Okay
Come Back To Us
The End
Epilogue
Last Author's Note
Epigraph by Lab Rat D

The Intruder

3.1K 62 10
Per caler_jo_hyden

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I was sitting at the table outside on the balcony beside Bree and Skylar just as Chase stepped outside also. "Kaz, buddy, there's plenty of room over here. You don't have to eat on the floor." Chase commented, sitting next to me as I take half of his sandwich and took a bite of it, cheekily smiling at my boyfriend.

"I'm not eating on the floor." Kaz replied and stood up to face us while showing us uncooked hotdogs on a rake, "I'm preparing my food on the floor."

Oliver walked onto the balcony and moved over to Kaz, saying, "Ooh, my favorite, hot dogs on a rake!"

"Wow, you actually made tubes of random animal parts even more disgusting." Bree spoke up, disgusted.

"Hey, they only look gross because I haven't grilled them yet." Kaz replied as Oliver held the rake of hotdogs and spun it around slowly while Kaz cooked them with his fire power.

When Kaz was finished cooking them, he grabbed one and took a bite of it, inquiring, "Who's disgusting now?"

"Still you." I remark, noticing Chase fixing to take a bite of his sandwich as I take it and take another bite of it again. I hand it back to him and grinned.

Kaz took another bite of his hotdog and then pulled out something. "Ooh, wet leaf," He laughed a little and tossed it on the floor.

"Yeah, you know I just used that rake to clean the gutters, right?" Skylar spoke up.

Oliver shrugged and commented, "Mm, you can taste yesterday's rain."

"You boys are ridiculous. Your powers are a gift. You shouldn't be wasting them on trivial things." Skylar replied.

"Yeah, you guys are always using your powers when you don't have to. Yesterday, Oliver flew across the street just to go to the grocery store." Bree added.

I exchange a look with Chase, already knowing where this conversation was headed.

"That was an emergency. We were out of loopy loops." Kaz replied, "And, you know what, for your information girls are just as bad. When Mr. Davenport called, you use your vocal manipulation to pretend to be me." He pointed the last part out to Bree.

"Okay, calm down, all I said was-" Bree started in her regular voice and then Kaz's voice, "Bree's not here. Stop calling, old man."

"Oh, so you made me look bad?" Kaz replied.

"Yes, that was the goal. And yes, I occasionally use bionics to make my life easier. But I can stop whenever I want. But you guys are the ones that have no control." Bree said.

"Oh, really? Well, then I propose a challenge, guys versus girls, to see who goes the longest without using bionic abilities or superpowers. Last man or woman standing wins." Kaz replied.

"You're on." Bree accepted, sticking her hand out as did Kaz. Chase and Skylar stood up also.

"I'm in." Chase also accepted.

"Me too." Skylar added.

They put their hands on top of Bree's and Kaz's, now Skylar's was on the very top. Oliver walked over to them with a mouthful of hotdog and put his hand on top of Skylar's. "I just want to touch Skylar's hand." Oliver commented.

The five of them looked over at me curiously as I sigh and stood up also and moved over to them, placing my hand on top of Oliver's. "I'm in."

We put our hands down as Chase spoke up, "You ladies are going down. I mean, when you calculate the statistical odds, the boys have an 83.37% chance of winning."

"Interesting. But, uh, how exactly did you calculate these odds?" I ask him in amusement.

"Yeah, I'm out." Chase answered, taking my hand and dragging me away from the team. "Don't worry, I'll let you guys know if Des slips and uses her powers."

I roll my eyes and we both walk down to the basement and notice Douglas; I release Chase's hand and run up behind one of my favorite men and hop on his back. "Whatcha up to, Dougie?"

Douglas chuckled as I hop down and look at him. "Just looking for a place nearby to grab a nice macaroon." He clicked his tongue as Chase looked at him weirdly.

"Macaroon?" Chase repeated.

"Are you gonna order enough for me too?" I grin at the man who looked at both of us.

"Hey, just because I'm a little rough around the edges, doesn't mean I can't enjoy a sophisticated treat." Douglas said to Chase and then glanced over at me and added, "And of course, D."

I smile, "Awesome."

Douglas looked over at Chase and also added, "By the way, you need to be careful. It's your job to secure this place and you left that rock wall open last night."

Chase scoffed and shook his head, "What? No, I didn't. I locked down the entire perimeter before I went to bed."

"Well, I was the first one down here this morning and it was wide open." Douglas pointed out.

"Let me check last night's security footage- and I don't have to use my bionic abilities for that." I reply, directing the last part towards Chase.

I move over to the cyberdesk and check the footage from last night as Douglas stood on one side of me and Chase stood on the other side, letting out, "Huh, that's weird. It's been wiped."

"I bet it was Roman and Riker." Chase added.

I notice the rock wall opening as the three of us moved over to it. "Freeze!" Douglas told the intruder but stopped as we stared at a ten year old boy in confusion.

"Who are you?" Chase questioned.

"My name's AJ. I live a floor below you guys." The kid answered and then looked over at Douglas who still had his gun pointed at the boy, "Are you gonna drop the weapon or are you really afraid of a little kid?"

I step beside Douglas and put his gun down. "How come we haven't seen you around?" I asked the kid as he walked further into the room.

"I like to keep to myself. A man of mystery, if you will." AJ answered while making a pose as I narrow my eyes slightly. That's what Perry had said back when Donald was bankrupt. "But I know all about you guys. The Elite Force-" He looked over at me and grinned really big, "And Quake! I'm a huge fan of you. You're like my role model."

"How did you even get down here? It's surrounded by walls of solid rock." Chase asked.

"Well, I was checking on the building's energy consumption and I noticed an unusually high drain coming from below the building." AJ answered.

Douglas voiced my thoughts, "Wait, you check the building's energy consumption?"

AJ looked at Douglas and answered, "Of course. Gotta keep tabs on all over-users. The future is green, my man. Anyway, I used a structural entometer to scan the area and locate the room. Then I cracked the security code and I've been coming here ever since."

"Ever since?" I start. AJ moved over to the cyberdesk as I continue, "How often do you come here?"

AJ chuckled and replied, "A lot more than you'd like. My parents work a lot, so I figured why hang out at home when... I can hang here with all this cool technology. I just had to copy your online calendar, so I'd know when to slip in undetected."

"You copied our calendar!?" Chase repeated in disbelief.

"Yeah, which reminds me... Aren't you suppose to be at a dental appointment right now?" AJ asked Chase.

Chase pointed at Douglas and answered, "No, no. He rescheduled it so he could sleep in. Wait. Why am I telling you this?"

"I know I should be upset by this massive security breach, but you rigging on a ten year old is kinda fun to watch." Douglas replied. I nod in agreement.

"Okay, it's time for you to go." Chase told the boy and dragged him to where he came in from.

"Aw, but I actually like this kid. I don't know, he reminds me of someone..." I speak up, trying to think of who he reminded me of.

"I'm changing all the passwords so this doesn't happen again. Goodbye, AJ." Chase finished. I smile at the boy.

"Fine, I'll go. But just so you know, I have a photographic memory, which means the schedule's up here too." AJ commented, tapping his temple.

"Oh yeah? Then what am I doing tomorrow?" Chase questioned him.

"You really don't want him to answer that, Chase." I remark just as AJ answered him, "Same thing you always do every Saturday night- Nothing." Then AJ walked away.

"Smart kid. Can we keep him?" I comment after the rock wall was closed again. Douglas grinned and nodded as Chase looked at both of us unamused.

Realization hit me then as I snap my fingers. "I know who he reminds me of now." I reply.

"Who?" Douglas and Chase asked in unison.

"Blake, my little brother." I murmur, the dull ache in my heart for my family still very clear and present. "Which reminds me... Dougie, I need to talk to you. I would say, Chase too, but he has homework to do, meaning the security around here." I smile a little.

"How about we talk on our way to get the food I had just ordered?" Douglas suggested.

"All right." I shrug.

"You can't use your powers, Des, remember the challenge." Chase called after us.

"I know." I smiled and both Douglas and I head out of mission command and leave the penthouse, walking down the street.

"What'd you want to talk about, D?" Douglas asked curiously, glancing over at me as we continue to walk.

"Justin's alive. He was there at the Olympic send-off celebration." I answer, not beating around the bush this time.

"Where's he at now? Do you know?" Douglas questioned, his eyebrows raised at the news.

"No, not a clue. But it's different now. Justin doesn't even remember himself or me or the kind of life he had... Someone- Someone erased his memories, I'm pretty sure. He said that he works for someone that basically wants me to join his side." I reply.

"Who wants you so badly that they basically bring your brother back to life and erase his memories to make him forget you?" Douglas asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

I let out a sigh, saying, "I don't know. Honestly, part of me wants to look for my big brother and fight for him, but the other part of me is telling me to let him go because this man who he spoke of... I don't think I want to meet him. He's powerful."

"What part are you going to listen to, D?" Douglas asked, glancing back at me again.

"Whether it's a trap or not, I will continue to fight for my brother, for my family. I've always have and I always will. I can't just abandon family." I answer.

"D, what else to this man are you not telling me? I know you. You're not telling me everything." Douglas replied.

I stop in my tracks and look around and at Douglas who had stopped as well, admitting, "He's somehow formed a telepathic link to my mind and occasionally tries to speak with me... I- I think to make me start doubting my loyalties and even myself."

"How long has that been going on for?" Douglas questioned once the two of us started walking again.

"I don't know, not long, I guess." I answer truthfully. "Maybe a few weeks."

"D-" Douglas started just as a man in all black ran up to us and pointed a pistol at us.

"Give me all your money now and maybe I won't shoot your daughter." The mugger threatened.

I make his gun explode in his hand as he held his left hand in his other one, letting out a grunt of pain. "You- You're her. That freak with powers and goes by- what's her name...? Oh yeah, Quake."

"Hang on, Dougie." I reply and super speed the mugger to the nearest jail and lock him up in a cell and teleport back to Douglas, "You were saying?"

"Hang on. How come he actually sounded scared of you once he realized that you were Quake, D?" Douglas replied.

I smiled sadly, saying, "Not everyone accepts supers- and with me being the only superhero actually revealed to the public, it terrifies some people. They fear the impossible."

"I didn't realize it was that bad with you being the only revealed superhero. I'm sorry, D."

"It's okay. I've handled worse things than that before." I reply lightly.

"Yeah, I suppose you have." Douglas said, "I just never actually realized all of that before. I guess, no one's really noticed it, huh?"

"Only because I don't let anyone know what I'm going through because their problems, worries, fears, they come first. And I will continue to put everyone above me first." I comment.

"D, you don't think I know this, but I actually do. Kid, you're literally breaking your bones, harming yourself, to protect the people you care about." Douglas replied, "You don't want to hurt anyone, especially the team-"

"Because you guys are the only family I have left, so yeah, I'm willing to knock myself out with a percussion beam, break every bone in my body, to keep you guys safe." I cut him off.

"And that- that's incredibly sad. You don't think we need you like you need us. Because we do." Douglas replied and then scoffed a little and looked back at me, "If no one else, I need you, Kid. I don't think... I would ever see good inside of me again if it wasn't for you believing in me, D."

I smile a little and hug him as we continue to walk to the store. "Anyways... Will you help me find my big brother?"

"Of course, D. You helped bring me and Donny back together and help make us brothers again, helping you with your brother is the least I can do."

***

Chase, Douglas, and I were sitting down and eating macaroons. "Mm, you were right about these macaroons, they are great!" Chase complimented.

"By the way, I'm out of the competition. I used my powers. At least, it wasn't anything trivial." I reply.

"What happened?" Chase asked.

Douglas and I exchange a look and both answer in unison, "A mugger attempted to mug us."

"What?" Chase replied with raise eyebrows.

"He's now in a jail cell, thanks to me." I add.

"Alright, last but not least, our online calendar is all secure. It'd take about two years of decoding for any outsider to even see when my birthday is." Chase commented, changing the subject back to the matter of hand.

"June 1st?" Douglas suggested as Chase glared at him.

"August 5th." I correct him as Chase nodded and replied, "Des is right. But close, Dad. Well, twenty-four hours and no AJ. We successfully locked him out! No one makes a fool out of Chase Davenport and gets away with it! No one."

Chase got up and moved to the cyberdesk and began disarming the security system for no apparent reason. "Hey! What are you doing?" Douglas and I question him.

Chase looked up at us and smiled. "Disarming the security system I worked so hard to perfect." He answered as I walk up to him.

"Why?" Douglas asked.

"I don't know! My mind is telling me to do it even though I don't want to." Chase answered, his smile fading. "Also, I'm proud to announce that I'm the dumbest person in the world!"

"I think I know what's going on." I reply just as the rock wall opened and AJ stepped into the room, a tablet in his hand, laughing.

"AJ! What'd you do?" Douglas said.

"He reprogrammed Chase's bionic chip, so that he could control it. Right, Kid?" I reply.

"Right." AJ agreed.

"You what!?" Chase said, shocked, and walked up to the three of us.

"That's right. I didn't have to break into mission command, I broke into you! But I couldn't hack into Des's- Hers is designed differently." AJ commented. Douglas and I started laughing as did the ten year old.

Chase started clapping, smiling, "I'm really impressed that you tapped into my chip. You are so much smarter than I am." He was still clapping. "Hey, stop making me say things! And stop making me clap!"

AJ stopped laughing but still held a devious smile on his face. "Fine." He commented and made Chase do a little jig. We laugh at this because it is entertaining to watch.

"Stop encouraging him! This is a major security breach!" Chase replied.

I put my hand out to AJ and spoke up, putting an end to this, "All right, fine. Fun's over. Kid, give me the tablet."

AJ began to disconnect Chase but his tablet flew toward Chase as did every other metal thing, including a keyboard which hit Chase in the crotch.

"Ow! Douglas, Des, what's going on?" Chase asked.

"When AJ tapped into your chip, he must have caused a glitch." Douglas answered.

"Your magnetism app is going haywire." I add just as Douglas's hand started moving towards Chase but Douglas had grabbed his own wrist and attempted to pull back.

"Oh no, it's a heavy bracelet day!" Douglas said as he moved over to Chase by force and struggled to get free.

I felt something move on me towards them also. My silver heart locket. "No, not my necklace." I complain, quickly taking my locket off as it flew to Chase and landed on his left hip. "Great, now I feel exposed."

"See, this is why kids shouldn't play with technology." AJ commented.

Douglas removed his bracelet from his wrist finally and moved back over to AJ and me at the cyberdesk. "Well, this is unpleasant." Chase said, a bunch of metal objects on him now.

"Wait a sec. His capsule! It can reset his operating system-" I start as AJ finished, "And bring his magnetism app to its original state."

"We have to get upstairs." Douglas said.

"And we better hurry, this room is made out of reinforced steel." I reply as Douglas and AJ had made a human shield around Chase. I help push them into the hydralift as the four of us was now in the penthouse.

Douglas explained to the the team what was going on and then the group had a small debate on the challenge and such.

Finally, they agreed to put it on hold and work together to save Chase. After each one of them blocked an object, the ceiling began to tremble.

"Oh, no, kid's amping up. His magnetism app is gonna rip the framework of the room right out of the walls!" Douglas replied.

"Go get his capsule already! I'll handle holding this ceiling up." I state.

"I'll use my super strength to bring his capsule down." Oliver replied.

"I'll help you take it down." Bree commented, super speeding the two of them upstairs.

I shake my hands a little and move one hand to one side of the ceiling and my other hand to the other side of the ceiling, using my earth ability and magnetism app together to help keep the framework in place.

A cracking sound sounded as I let out a pained grunt, continuing to hold it steady. "Got it!" Bree exclaimed as her and Oliver appeared with the capsule.

They help push Chase into the capsule while Douglas now worked on his chip, letting out, "There. That should... do it!" Every metal object dropped down from Chase's body as everyone cheered.

I stop and drop to the floor and then just sit there, blood had dripped down my nose from using two abilities simultaneously. I'm not used to exerting that much power on my body- I've done it a few times before.

"D!" Douglas said and ran over to me, kneeling by my side, his arm wrapped around me as I caught my breath, "You okay?"

I continue to breathe slightly uneven, my eyebrows furrowed as the unsettling, cold feeling overwhelmed me again along with the same male voice speaking through my mind telepathically, You did good, Tremors, you did good.

That's what my foster dad would say to me. That was his nickname to me. No, I'm not him.

"D?" Everything seemed to echo and blur for a minute or two. "You alright?"

I groan a little and finally answer Douglas, "Yeah."

"You sure? Because I'm pretty sure I heard something crack." Skylar spoke up, kneeling on my other side now.

I rub my left wrist and nodded, "I'm okay, just using more than one ability can be draining sometimes."

The two of them helped me stand back onto my feet as Skylar left with the other team members. I nod at Douglas as he left also. "What about you? You alright?" I ask Chase.

"Yeah, my back's a little sore, but I'm okay." Chase answered, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"I lost my locket- It was pulled away by that whole event." I reply.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his warm embrace. "You mean this locket?" He whispered in my ear and pulled back, revealing a silver heart locket in his hand. "It had fell into my pocket when my magnetism app had finally shut down."

I turn around as he moved the necklace around my neck as I face him again. "Thanks." I murmur and kiss him lightly as he deepened the kiss then.

He continued to hold me in his arms still, now slightly rocking from side to side. I let out a small sigh and closed my eyes, letting my anxieties go for now.

Tremors is an adorable nickname for you. It suits you, doesn't it?

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

52.8K 1K 24
After splitting up the team, Harley and the two Davenport siblings find themselves joining forces with another team, Mighty Med. Harley has to learn...
49.6K 2K 37
"You're such a joy to be around."- "Well, you're a pain in the arse." Jordyn had no idea that befriending the lovely idiot who broke her locker would...
13.6K 324 39
"Why do you see me like that? We've just met today, you know?" "Because the moment I saw you, you looked like a Princess to me. Besides I saved you l...
55.8K 1K 22
Your Y/n L/n your have powers but only because your evil mother used you as a science experiment. You have Sonic waves that come from your hands, ni...