Be Your Everything

Por wallxflowxer

He tangled his hand in the tips of my hair and rested his chin on the top of my head, "You don't always have... Mais

Chapter One: Moody
Chapter Two: Family
Chapter Three: Goody Two Shoes
Chapter Four: Tutors
Chapter Five: Concerned
Chapter Six: The Boogy Man
Chapter Seven: I Know a Cute Couple When I See One
Chapter Eight: A Bit of Heart Break
Chapter Nine: Three-Pointers & Rambling
Chapter Ten: Detention? Ugh.
Chapter Eleven: Stuck In The Storm
Chapter Twelve: Perfect
Chapter Thirteen: Snow & Ice
Chapter Fourteen: Everlasting Smiles
Chapter Fifteen: Mickey D's at Midnight
Chapter Seventeen: Bruises
Chapter Eighteen: So Many Kisses
Chapter Nineteen: Again
Chapter Twenty: Just Not A Good Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprise Surprise
Chapter Twenty-Two: Prom?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dazed and Red-Faced
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Night
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Day
Chapter Twenty-Six: After
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Alive, Barely
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Always There
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rules Were Made To Be Broken
Chapter Thirty: Anxious
Chapter Thirty-One: What Am I Going To Do?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Love You, 'Night.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bad Luck
Chapter Thirty-Four: A Long Night
Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!
Chapter Thirty-Six: Home Sweet Home
Epilogue: My Everything
He Stole My Bandana (So I Stole His Heart) Preview!
Surprise: Please Read!

Chapter Sixteen: Being Helpful

11.7K 354 56
Por wallxflowxer

(I just wanted to let you see what Cameron was thinking at this moment! Sorry for such the short POV!)

Chapter Sixteen:

Being Helpful

____________________________

Cameron's POV

A smile stretched across my face so wide when I heard the word "Yes" come out of Sophia's mouth. I wrapped my arms around her and picked her up, spinning around so she was on the edge of the porch. A giggle erupted from her mouth and she smiled up at me.

"I'll see you later?" I said in a low voice, resting my forehead against her's. She nodded her head and beamed at me. I leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips before stepping to the side and letting her unlock her front door. She stepped inside and waved goodbye to me before shutting the door completely.

With a warm, fuzzy, feeling swirling around inside me, I walked away reluctantly. There is nothing I'd like more than to just go lay down with her. Stare at the ceiling and talk. It sounds so good right now that I'm having trouble walking in the opposite direction towards my truck.

There is nothing that could make me happier right now.

*

Sophia's POV

I woke up with a smile on my face the next morning. I'm usually a morning person, but today I am definitely am. My mom and dad are going to think I'm going crazy or something from all the happiness coming from just my smile.

I reached school just a little bit after leaving the house and made my way straight for my locker where I hoped Amber would be waiting. I texted her last night about what had happened. It kind of seems crazy for me to do that, but she really has proved herself to be my best friend again and be trustworthy.

But now, seeing her whispering to Danielle, I'm having regrets.

Slowly, I approached Amber after Danielle walked away with a mean expression on her face. Amber went about her way towards my locker. She jumped and held her hand to heart when she laid her eyes on me, obviously startled that I saw her with Danielle. I thought she didn't like her.

"So, what did she want?" I asked her as I twisted my combination and opened my locker.

"She was just ya know..." Her voice faded when she looked the other direction. I had my own suspicions but right now I was in to good of a mood to ask her crazy questions about why she was talking to the enemy. That sounds more childish than I thought it would. Just as I shut my locker a pair of arms covered my eyes. My back was suddenly pressed up against another's and my hands automatically lifted to the person's hands covering my eyes. The smell of someone familiar floated through air and I knew who it was.

"Guess who," Cameron said in a high pitched girly voice. I couldn't hold back the smile stretching on my face.

"Gee, I don't know." I played along. Through his fingers I could see Amber with an astonished look on her face. It was like she was seeing me for the first time. Then another figure which could only be the blonde that calls himself Cameron's best friend, Adam.

"Cameron I know it's you." I twisted myself around and was now trapped in his arms and pressed up against his chest. I could hear my heartbeat in my chest beating a million times in one second, my breath hitched in my throat when I saw his face. He looked just so... handsome. I always knew he was cute, but now he's all mine. And I can call him handsome if I want to.

He leaned down and kissed me right on the lips, staying there for a short moment before dramatically pulling away from my face. I had a feeling my cheeks were burning red from embarrassment.

"PDA," I whispered to him. His smile didn't fade as he let loose on me and let me turn around, lacing his fingers with mine. Butterflies were still fluttering around in my stomach and I had a feeling there was a dazed look on my face. Amber and Adam stared at the two if us with their jaws almost touching the ground. I'm kidding, of course.

"This is what you wanted to show me?" Adam asked, his eyes flickering between Cameron and me. A smile made it's way onto his face and he smirked at Cameron. I giggled and looked at Amber expectantly.

"Wow..." Was all she could muster. I was a little scared of her reaction since her lip didn't even twitch up into a fake smile. Does she not like Cameron, or what? Is there something my so called best friend isn't telling me?

I mentally wiped the dumbfounded look on my face and replaced with a half fake grin, since there was already one half way there. Amber's expression turned cold as she said her goodbye's and hurried off down the hallway. Cameron's chest vibrated against my back and brought me back to reality. He tugged at my hand, pulling me toward first period.

"Do we have test in here today?" He asked me before we took our seats in the classroom.

"Yes. And we studied for it so you better do good. Remember; concentrate." I made the motion that meant "I'm watching you" and watched the boyish grin on Cameron's face take it's place. Mrs. Foster walked into the room and announced the test.

I glanced at Cameron and saw his eyes widen once the test was placed in front of him. I wanted to tell him to just take his time and don't worry about anything, but that would mean talking and talking would get me in trouble. Then again, my support to him probably means more. I leaned over and whispered-yelled, "Take your time, OK?" I smiled at him and he nodded to me. My eyes flickered towards Danielle giving me the stare down. Why was my life so important to her? I will never understand what she envies so much about my life. Her's seems perfect. What the heck, it is perfect. I've been to her house before after basketball practice every now and then when I played. She's an angel at home. You know, to have her parents on her side.

I fixed my eyes on my test and took a deep breath -not a nervous one, just one to put some breath in my lungs- and began writing answers done immediately. I've always thought that if you know the answers, you need to hurry up and write them down so you don't forget them in that short time frame. So, I was the first to finish my test.

My eyes scanned the room to see all my other classmates working hard on their tests. Cameron had squinted eyes as he contracted hard on his test. It was so hard for him, and although neither of is like sympathy, I felt a smudge of it for him.

I hesitantly got up and took my test to Mrs. Foster who was grading another classes papers, her glasses perched low on her nose. She looked up at me and pursed her lips, "Meet me at lunch here? I need some help with something." She said. I nodded my head swiftly and took my seat again. Thoughts ran through my head about what it could be about, but I'll never know until after class.

Everyone had turned in their tests eventually. Cameron was the third from last to turn his in, slipping a folded piece of notebook paper under my binder. He never glanced at me to make his action look casual just in case Mrs. Foster saw him. After he sat down I took the paper and held lose to my lap, unfolding it and reading his sloppy and boyish handwriting.

It said for me to meet him by the bleacher outside at the football field before 7th period. That was the second to last class of the day. What in the world would he want me to meet him there for?

Soon enough my endless train of questions going through my brain about what Mrs. Foster wanted ended. The bell rang and I walked up to the front desk while the other kids filed out. Cameron gave me a questioning look as he exited the room. I returned a shrug of my shoulder.

"Um, so after lunch?" I asked Mrs. Foster. She looked up at me with a startled look on her face as if she didn't expect to have someone talk to her at the time. I gave her a small and weak smile.

"Oh yes! I need help organizing my files and you seem like the one to do it. Is that alright?" She had gestured to the file cabinet in the corner of her room. My eyes widened when I saw there were files sitting sloppily on top of the cabinet, sitting on the floor around it, and jammed in the top of it like it was a junk drawer.

"Dang..." I mumbled on accident.

"I'm a little bit in a tizzy with all this grading I'm behind in and this isn't acceptable for a classroom. I'm glad you agreed to help with it." Mrs. Foster smiled at me. I nodded my head and told her I'd meet her after lunch to help with her mess then left the classroom.

I ran in to someone as soon as I stepped out if the room and turned towards my next class. Cameron was staring down at me with a blank face, eyelashes batting. I cocked an eyebrow and unbent my arms from between the two of us.

"What's up?" I asked. He turned so he was right beside me and laced out fingers together. I felt my body tense at his touch -I loved his touch. Did that sound creepy? Sorry.

"So I heard you might try out for the All Star team. What's up with not telling me?" He actually seemed hurt by the fact that I didn't tell him about it.

"I actually was going to, ya know. It's just that... I didn't want to get you excited and then get myself excited if I didn't make it." I explained as we walked slowly towards my next class hand in hand. The last thing I wanted to do was let go of his hand but my grades are very important. I feel like I'm not a normal teenage girl that would rather make out with her boyfriend than go to class. But hey, I was made differently.

"You'd make it, I know you would. I've seen you play and you're amazing. The way Amber put it was that you were trying out next week." He told me. I stayed quiet for a moment. I didn't think it was that important of a thing to tell your boyfriend that you were trying out for a sports team. Then again, I'm kind of new at this whole dating thing and I don't know what the heck I'm doing.

"What's this whole thing with you wanting me to skip 7th period to meet you outside?" I asked with a grin that I couldn't make disappear. I also wanted to change the subject. Talking about tryouts made me nervous. Cameron smiled and chuckled, glancing down at me then back in front of him.

"I don't know. I just want to spend some time with my girl." He pulled his hand out of mine and slung it over my shoulders. I grabbed his hand over my shoulder with my left hand so that it was bent and my fingers were laced with his once again.

"Sounds good. You do realize that's against school rules. Skipping class?" I asked when we stopped in front of my classroom. Cameron grabbed both my shoulders with his hands and got so close to my face that his forehead was pressed against mine, "Rules were meant to be broken," He said quickly and kissed the tip of my nose before running down the hall like a maniac. A teacher yelled at him, too, but he kept going with a giddy laugh coming from his mouth. That moment was so Cliché it's not even funny. OK, it was. I laughed a lot at it.

Time passed quickly and by the time the lunch bell rang, I was already in the cafeteria and getting a tray to take back to Mrs. Fosters' room. I wasn't that hungry but I decided that it wouldn't be bad if I had a snack to munch on while doing all that hard work for her. I told Cameron and Amber what I was doing and told than I'd see than later.

Mrs. Foster was bent over in the back of the room on a desktop computer typing away when I entered the room. I dropped my tray on her desk a little roughly so she'd know I was here. She jumped a little when the tray banged and turned to greet me.

"Can you organize these files here for me? I am just such a mess." Mrs. Foster clicked her heels as she mobbed her small, old body over to the file cabinets in the corner of her room. I stood back while she pointed to a few of the stray files and told me exactly how they needed to go. She informed me that they were all her classes' files and that she needed them for our important papers. None of it was so confidential that I couldn't help her place them in alphabetical order. So, she went on doing her business at the computer and I did mine at the file cabinets.

I grabbed a bunch of them in my arms in attempt to sit them on her desk so that I could organize the files that were already sitting in the drawers. One flopped right off the top of the tall stack in my arms and fell to the ground. I quickly sat the stack down on the desk and bent over to pick up the fallen one. My eyes latched on to a name that I recognized.

Danielle Pierce. I could have choked right then and there when I saw that her GPA was higher than mine by a few points. What is going on here? Only one question ran through my head at that point. Why was I chosen for Cameron's tutor if Danielle is smarter than me? Not that I was complaining about being introduced to him. It was fate. But why?

"Mrs. Foster?" I asked as I walked towards her, eyes trained on the folder.

"Hmm?" She voiced.

"Why did you pick me as Cameron's tutor?"

My question must've caught Mrs. Foster off guard since she stopped moving her fingers in the middle if the keyboard. She spun around on her chair and looked at me, a faint smile playing on her lips.

"Because you had good grades and understood what we were doing." Was her simple answer. I dropped my hands to my side with the file still clutched in one hand.

"No, I don't have the best grades. Danielle does. Why didn't you pick her?" I asked. It was like an interrogation in court right now.

"Sophia," she began, "I picked you because I knew you'd be the perfect one to help him."

"What?"

"You have patience, you have the kind heart that would help him even if he was mean to you. I think you two are a cute couple."

I let out a disgruntled laugh and followed behind Mrs. Foster as we walked up to her desk and she took a seat in her rolly chair.

"So you paired us together because you thought we'd make a cute couple? Not that I' complaining, I really like him. But... why?" I asked her.

"Cameron obviously has dyslexia. I have known Danielle longer than I should have from her years in this class and we all know what she would do with that information if he'd have broken her heart. I could tell he struggled with letting that information out. I figured you'd be the perfect one for the job." She told me.

"Yeah, but-"

"Miss Belle, must you know the answer to everything? I know you have excellent grades and all but... Anyways, I don't just pair my students that need help with the best student in my class. I take their situation in to mind first." Mrs. Foster explained further. I leaned on her desk and smiled brightly at her. I couldn't be mad at her for that. There wasn't anything to be mad about anyway.

"Did I ever mention that you are my favorite teacher of all time?" I asked her. She just gave me a small grin, "Why no. No you have not."

___________________________________

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

40.9K 1K 37
|| NOT EDITED SO DONT EVEN COMMENT ABOUT THE MISTAKE I MADE THIS A FEW YEARS AGO || Three year old Sophia has gone through quite a lot. Being abused...
Facing the Kings Por D.G

Ficção Adolescente

108K 3.2K 20
"With his death I nearly met mine. Till revenge told me to behead the King." Cameron Martinez, an unnoticed girl who lives in Chicago which seems to...
19.3K 932 31
Mikayla is used to working hard. As the only person in her house, she works multiple jobs to pay the bills and put food in the cupboards. Having no f...
4.5K 133 18
{COMPLETED} Riley, Maya, Lucas, Farkle. They're an amazing group of friends who love each other and would do anything to protect one another. But wha...