The Lost Heir

Od jykuarak2

When a clan with blood relations to the Senju arrive in Konoha, the ninja and civilians are all excited. The... Viac

1
2*
3*
4
5
6
7*
8
9
10
11
12
Sorry
Recovery
13
14
15
16
17
.
18
19
Author Note
20
21
Important
22
23
Artist wanted
24
25
Finale

Special

8.9K 146 70
Od jykuarak2

This chapter is a special chapter in commemoration of the new cover for this story. Because I feel like it, this chapter will be very different and won't add anything new to the plot, but rather be like a retelling of everything up until this point. However it may add in details of the past before chapter 1. It may also skip some parts of the story. I hope you enjoy!

WARNING: Some of the songs may be changed to fit the story

WARNING: The feels may be strong in this one

BONUS POINTS IF YOU CAN TELL ME WHERE EACH ITALICISED PARAGRAPH IS FROM, OR THE NAME!

The little boy dug through his pockets. He'd just gotten back home from Ichiraku's ramen. He could still remember the warmth of the ramen he'd eaten. It had only been one bowl. But that was enough to fill him. He opened the door to his apartment, and a small sad smile crossed his face. There was something new inside. Scrawled across the wall were the words "Street Rat", "Peasant", "Monster". Naruto closed the door and went to one of the side windows where he had a clear view of the Hokage Mountain. One day, he aspired to be a Hokage. Because then he'd have a family. Not a blood family, but a family all the same. He felt tears in his eyes, as he poured his heart and soul into his mouth, he opened it and sang.

"Riff raff. Street rat.
I don't buy that.
If only they'd look closer
Would they see a poor boy?
No siree,
They'd find out, there's so much more,
To me."

-----

Across the desert, another window was opened. Inside, was a blond haired girl, twirling around a small paper fan idly. Behind her, was the bed which her younger brother slept in. Well, was lying in. He was suffering despite his happy demeanour and their father did nothing. She sighed. Her older brother was off playing with his friends and as usual it was up to her to make sure her little brother didn't go off somewhere. She felt a yearning in her heart. None of her friends visited. They never came. After Gaara was born, Temari's friends never showed up. They never even talked to her anymore.

"I woke up, it was seven
I waited til eleven
Just to figure out that no one would come...
I think I've got a lot of friends
But I don't hear from them
What's another night all alone...

When you're spending every day on your own
And here it goes

I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me tonight

And maybe when the night is dead,
I'll crawl into my bed
I'm staring at these 4 walls again
I'll try to think about the last time
I had a good time
Everyone's got somewhere to go

And they're gonna leave me here on my own
And here it goes

I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me"

Temari sighed and turned around when her brother entered the room. He joined her at the window and together they looked out at the starry night. Kankuro opened his mouth to sing.

"What the hell is wrong with me?
Don't fit in with anybody
How did this happen to me?
Wide awake I'm bored and I can't fall asleep
And every night is the worst night ever

I'm just a kid...
I'm just a kid...
I'm just a kid...
I'm just a kid...
I'm just a kid..."

Then they both sang.

"I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Nobody wants to be alone in the world.

I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Nobody wants to be alone in the world
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me tonight

I'm all alone tonight
Nobody cares tonight
Cause I'm just a kid tonight"

Kankuro grabbed Temari and hugged her.
"Don't worry sis, I'll protect you, and keep you safe, no matter what the world thinks." He said as Temari finally started to cry into his shoulder. Kankuro knew what she felt and also could feel tears in his eyes but he held them in. He was going to be strong for them both.

-----

Naruto approached his new team with caution. They all looked at him with equal caution. Kakashi was looking at him like he wanted to question him, Sasuke was giving him the same, arrogant smirk, although with a little intrigue that they'd get to find out more about him, and Sakura was watching him with disgust.
"Hi... my name is... Uzumaki Naruto..." he said nervously, shifting from foot to foot. He had never spoken much in class. He was a complete mystery to his classmates. He kept everything as private as possible.
"Nice to meet you, Naruto. I'm Kakashi." The white haired Jonin sensei said as he smiled at him. From under the mask. Sasuke grunted.
"Hn. Uchiha Sasuke." He spoke with emphasis on the 'Uchiha'. They all turned at looked at Sakura.
"Sakura's the name! And I'm with Sasuke! So don't you get any funny ideas!" She practically shrieked. Naruto flinched but it went unnoticed.
"Right. There goes the team meeting. Meet me at training grounds 7 next morning for our survival test." Kakashi said as he disappeared in smoke. Everyone else left and Naruto stood there, feeling his heart rate slow back down to normal. They were all going back to their families. He clenched his fist. He didn't need family to be strong. He'd been strong all his life before family, so he could damn sure do it now!

-----From chapter 1 onwards

"What's the matter, Naruto?" Iruka asked as they sat down for the ramen. Naruto shook his head.
"Nothings the matter sensei!" Naruto said happily, and Iruka nodded. They sat and ate ramen, with Naruto telling him all about the wave mission and how Zabuza and Haku had attacked them. After the meal, they waved goodbye to each other and then left for their houses. Naruto felt pain in his heart. Sure, Iruka might have been like a father to him, but he wasn't his father. He longed for family. Or even someone to actually adopt him. He needed that comfort.

"When I was young
I never needed anyone
And making love was just for fun
Those days are gone
Living alone
I think of all the friends I have known
When I dial the telephone
Nobody's home

All by myself
Don't want to be
All by myself
Anymore

Hard to be sure
Sometimes I feel so insecure
And loves so distant and obscure
Remains the cure

All by myself
Don't want to be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't want to live
All by myself
Anymore...

When I was young
I never needed anyone
Making love was just for fun
Those days are gone...

All by myself
Don't want to be
All by myself
Anymore
All by myself
Don't want to live
Oh
Don't want to live
By myself, by myself
Anymore
By myself
Anymore
Oh
All by myself
Don't wanna live
I never, never, never
Needed anyone"

He reached his lonely house and entered. He fell into bed, and cried himself to sleep.

-----

"Karin. Be a dear and pack your belongings. We are going to Konoha." Lady Mito said. Karin nodded.
"I believe my nephew, our lost prince and heir to the clan, is living there. I thought him dead until recently." She said and Karin smiled, her face beaming with excitement.
"What's his name!?" She asked happily.
"I believe -" she looked down at the letter Hiruzen had sent her. "- Naruto."
"Naruto..." Karin skipped down to her room and began to pack a suitcase for her clothes, and another one for her shinobi gear. She was very excited to meet her cousin.

"Look!" Karin said. She pointed at the very end of the bridge where they could see a group of shinobi waiting for them. "That's the Konoha escort waiting for us!" Karin said all excitedly. She was an easy girl to excite, travelling to places she'd never been usually put her in the mood. Ashina and Uru urged their borrowed horses to move faster, and they began to speed up, crossing the bridge at a much faster pace than before. Arriving at the bridge, they were greeted by the four Jonin who were standing there, and watched as the group of Genin slowly rushed over to them.

"This is Queen Mito of Uzushio." Kakashi said as he gestured Karin's mother. Everyone gave a respectful bow.
"My name is Hatake Kakashi, and I am the squad captain in charge of your protection."
"Hi, my name is Kurenai Yuuhi."
"Asuma Sarutobi."
"I am the Leaf's handsome blue beast! Might Guy!"
"Sasuke Uchiha."
"Wow, um Kiba."
"I'm Ino Yamanaka!"
"I'm Sakura Haruno!"
"Such a drag... Shikamaru Nara."
"Choji Akimichi."
"H-Hinata Hyuga."
"Neji Hyuga."
"Tenten."
"Shino."
"Rock Lee!"
The Genin introduced themselves.
"Hi, my name is Naruto Uzumaki. Nice to meet you, ya know." Naruto said. Karin looked at him with a keen eye. She felt her mum nudge her.
"My name is Karin." She introduced herself, entranced by her cousin's blue eyes. Then she caught sight of the boy with red tattoos and a dog on his head staring at her. She blushed slightly but said nothing.

-----

Karin gripped Naruto's arm tightly.
"It's time for the ball. Please vacate the area for the dancers." Someone announced.
"This is so exciting!" Karin said in a barely contained whisper. She could see everyone was wearing their best attire and she knew she'd get to be able to see Naruto finally dance with Temari. It had been a long time coming, if Karin had to say so herself. She walked down to grab a drink when Kiba approached her.
"Do you... want to dance?" He asked. Karin gave him a beaming smile.
"I'd love to." She said. They walked to the middle of the clearing where a lot of people were waltzing around already. She raised her arms into position but Kiba stood there awkwardly.
"I... uh... can't dance..." he said with a hint of disappointment, and shame.
"I didn't know it was a waltz." Karin cupped his cheeks with her hands.
"Hey hey, I can teach you. Trust me, you'll have so much fun." Karin said with a warm smile, extending her hands once more.

This is really the moment when Kiba falls hard for Karin, and I think Karin starts to feel it too. But she doesn't know what she's feeling at this point in time. She's still confused about Sasuke-douche.

"(Karin) Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
And let the music be your guide.

(Kiba) Won't you promise me (now won't you promise me, that you'll never forget)
We'll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

(Both) It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

(Karin) Take my hand, I'll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don't be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I'll catch you through it all

(Both) And you can't keep us apart (even a thousand miles, can't keep us apart)
'Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

Oh no mountains too high enough oceans too wide
'Cause together or not, our dance won't stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be

It's like catching lightning the chances of finding someone like you (like you)
It's one in a million, the chances of feeling the way we do (way we do)
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

Can I have this dance"

As their waltz finally came to an end, Karin felt her pulse quicken slightly. Staring into Kiba's eyes, nothing seemed to matter at that moment. For Kiba, it was a done deal. That waltz had sealed it. He was in love. He'd fallen head over heels in love with her. He could feel his heart pounding a million miles an hour. It was now or never. He took a step closer, going forward to lean in when she turned sudden, a blush on her cheeks.
"Let's go sit down and get drinks." She said with a strange voice. Kiba followed her, content to just let himself be pulled along by her.

-----

Naruto screamed in anguish the moment he returned home. He'd just witnessed the kiss between Sasuke, and his girlfriend, well, ex-girlfriend Temari. He sank to the floor and cried, locking himself in his bedroom, much to the despair of his Aunt, cousin and their two guards. After what seemed like hours, Naruto came to a decision. He was so infatuated with her, so in love with Temari even after that incident, but he couldn't bring himself to look at her again without seeing her betrayal, clear as day.

"I'm lying alone with my head on the pillow
Thinking of you till it hurts
I know you hurt too but what else can we do
Tormented and torn apart

I wish I could carry your smile in my heart
For times when my life seems so low
It would make me believe what tomorrow could bring
When today doesn't really know, doesn't really know

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong

I want you to come back and carry me home
Away from these long, lonely nights
I'm reaching for you, are you feeling it too?
Does the feeling seem oh, so right?

And what would you say if I called on you now
And said that I can't hold on?
There's no easy way, it gets harder each day
Please love me or I'll be gone, I'll be gone

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late I know I was so wrong

Ooh, what are you thinking of
What are you thinking of

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late I know I was so wrong

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late I know I was so wrong

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right, believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to I know I was so wrong"

-----

Kiba stared at the departing Uzumaki, silently watching even after everyone else had gone. His heart had broken when they announced their departure, and now all he wanted to do was curl up in a shell on his bed and cry.

Karin sat in her own carriage, oblivious to the sounds that she could hear. She was in turmoil, thinking about her feelings and Kiba's date that she didn't even go on. It was then that it struck her. She had fallen in love. With a start, she realised that she was crying hot tears, over the funny, goofy, sometimes an idiot dog boy she had met not too long ago.

Queue cliche musical moment when two people are singing a duet while far away.

"[Intro: Karin]
When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be that? Cause I'm yours

[Verse 1: Karin]
We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face

[Pre-Chorus: Karin]
But we know this, we got a love that is homeless

[Chorus: Karin]
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

[Verse 2: Kiba]
When you're with him, do you think of me
Like I do now that I'm here all by myself?
Would you return if I was ready to settle down?
Or would you play it safe and stay there?

[Pre-Chorus: Kiba]
Girl you know this, we got a love that is homeless

[Chorus: Karin and Kiba]
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

[Bridge A: Kiba and Karin]
And nobody knows that I'm so in love with you
I don't wanna hide us away
Tell the world about the love we making
I'm living for that day, someday

[Bridge B: Kiba and Karin]
Why can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that we could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours, I'm yours

[Chorus: Karin]
Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? Cause I'm yours

[Chorus Reprise: Karin]
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

[Outro: Kiba]
Why can't we be like that?
Wish we could be like that

They stopped singing to themselves, as the carriages were slowly pulled out of view, tears rolling down both of their faces as they realised that this could quite possibly be the last time they would see each other.

Wow. I'm crying. Just envisioning it, myself in this position, really makes me emotional. Anyway, enough about me. What about you guys!? Did you guys enjoy this 'musical' version? Let me know what you guys think and I may add more of these in the future.

Songs used in this musical in order of appearance:

Aladdin: One step ahead reprise(?)

Simple plan: I'm just a kid

Celine Dion: All by myself

High School Musical: Can I have this dance?

Air Supply: All out of love

Little Mix feat. Jason Derulo: Secret love song

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

164K 2.8K 31
He was neglected, shunned, abused, battered and stabbed and ill spoken by all the villagers. Finally he took a chance. A chance that made him stronge...
6.2K 108 10
Tension between the Hyūga clan and Kumo village is at its worse. Amaya Hyūga, cousin to Hinata Hyūga is sent on a top secret mission to infiltrate Ku...
823K 32.9K 54
Uzumaki Asami finally joins her sister in Konoha after looking for fellow clan members after the destruction of Uzushiogakure, and she meets Madara t...
925 85 43
The incident a few years ago killed many shinobi who risked their lives to protect the village of Konohagakure. Among them: Minato Namikaze and Kushi...