Nothing Like Us (L.H.)

penguinlukex által

"You know how, when things start to fall into place, there comes this big bowling ball to disarrange them aga... Több

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17..
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter *
A/N
SEQUEL

Chapter 7.

633 12 6
penguinlukex által

Sydny's POV

"Each of you will he assigned a mentor." Ms. Josie announced, up front. She was the one who would show the newbies (us) around the beauty school.

I have been in L.A. for the past 12 days, and I've got myself a flat and enrolled myself to beauty school. So far, I haven't attended a 5SOS gig yet. Their schedule doesn't agree with mine, which totally sucks.

Anyway, we were supposed to pick out names of licensed stylists and/or beauticians from the little fish jar they put at the front of the room. God. I feel like I'm on an initiation.

"Hey, Sydny." This girl, Melissa, said. She's one of my new galfriends around here. I've found that she lives just blocks away from my flat.

"Huh?" I looked at her.

"Who do you think you'll pick?" she smiled.

"Uhh.. I dunno. Let fate decide, I guess." I shrugged.

"No." she groaned. "I mean, if you could choose one..."

I thought for a second.. "Well, I hope someone French." I said. "I mean, they're pretty good at these stuffs, right?!"

Melissa shrugged. "They say that French are a little wild... Short-tempered and all that."

I just frowned at her.

"What?!" Melissa exclaimed. "It's what I've heard."

Then someone tapped our shoulders. I whipped around to see who it was. It was a guy... Or is it a guy?

"Hey, sisters." He beamed. Definitely not a guy. "I was just wondering if I could join you two? I feel... awkward."

I laughed lightly. I don't think it's in their nature to be like that. Gays are like... so outgoing and friendly.

"No problemo, senorito.." Melissa said. It's funny how Spanish she sounds, although she's pure American.

We all laughed out loud. "Oh, by the way, my name's Andy." He said, while whipping his imaginary long her to his back.

"I'm Sydny." I smiled. "And this is Melissa."

Melissa bowed and said "Mi amigo."

"Uhh.. Is she really Spanish?!" Andy asked me. "Because that's totally good acting if she isn't." He chuckled.

"Oh, God. No, of course, she isn't." I was laughing by now. "She's just crazy."

Melissa frowned. She looks like she was going to argue... But instead, she said "Yeah. You're right."

And we all laughed.

"And you're.... Australian?" Andy asked.

I smiled. "I guess so?"

"OHMYGOSH THAT IS SO FRICKING AWESOME."

.

.

It wasn't long before it was our turn to pick the names out of the fish jar. We still aren't allowed to open it, not until we all got our picks.

"Ohmygod. I swear if this isn't guy, I'm gonna' slit myself." Andy told us.

Melissa laughed at that. I was kind of creeped by how he said that he was going to slit himself. "No. No slitting, sister." Melissa patted him. 

I just nodded at them.

"Okay. Ladies and... Uhm... Gents?" Miss Josie said, almost in a question. "You may now unfold you papers."

Unfold...

Unfold...

"OHMYGOD." Andy screamed. "I got----" I have no idea how to pronounce or spell the name he mentioned. "He's like soooo genius."

Melissa got a guy for a mentor. "You sure he's a guy?" I asked.

"Yeah, DUH.. I think he graduated here or something."

 "Oh."

I unfolded my paper one last time, and looked at the name on the paper.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.Lou Teasdale

I don't know who the hell he or she is, but when Andy saw my paper he practically screeched.

"What?" I asked. "What's wrong."

"You got Lou Teasdale!!!!!!!!" He said, pointing at the paper in my hands.

"Yeah, so?" I nodded.

Andy sort of facepalmed. So did Melissa. "Damn it, Sydny. How man years were you hibernating back there in Australia?"

I gave Melissa my best 'it-aint-funny' face. "How the hell am I supposed to know who she is?"

"Well..." Andy sighed. "For starters, she's like the stylist of the world's biggest boyband."

I froze when he said 'boyband'. "Like I would care?" I shrugged. "What boyband is it anyway?'

"ONE DIRECTION." Melissa and Andy sort of shouted.

"Ohh.. really?" I lightly laughed.

I swear Andy was taking all his willpower not to slap me. "You, my friend" he patted me. "need a tour in the modern world."

"Whatever, guys. I think I know them." I said. "What are their songs?"

Melissa and Andy thought for a second. "Uhhh... What Makes You Beautiful?"

"Sing it."

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else......." Melissa and Andy sing together. The tune was quite familiar. I think I heard it somewhere.

"I know that song!" I smiled. "I think I heard it at the mall or something. Wait... Were they the sculptures at Madame Tussaud's?"

"YEAH! YOU WENT THERE?"

"No. My friends talked about them sometimes, I think?"

Andy nodded. "Well, back to Lou Teasdale. She is still working for the boys on their tour, and I think she's also doing favrs for that band that supports One Direction on their tour..." Andy explained. "What's the name of that band again?" He asked Melissa.

"5..." Melissa started. I froze. "5 something something??"

Oh my god. "Could that band coincidentally be 5 Seconds of Summer?"

"YES. EXACTLY. Wow. Can you believe you know something?!" Melissa said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes.

"How did you know them?"

"I sort of met them on the plane?"

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Andy screamed.

"Hey, mister. Would you mind listening?" Miss Josie told Andy.

Andy looked at Miss Josie and said sorry. When Miss Josie proceeded, he turned back to me and murdered me with questions.

"When did you meet them? Do they know you? Are you guys close? Did you guys talk? What were they doing on that plane? HOWWWW?"

"Ohmygod. Hold your horses." I told Andy. Melissa laughed at my comment. She'd been listening to Miss Josie for the past couple of minutes. "Well, they were also going here from Australia... And their lead vocalist, Luke?"

"HOTTIE." Andy said, fanning himself.

I chuckled at his remark. "Yeah." Wait. NO. I frowned a bit. "Well, anyway... He sat beside me, while his bandmates were behind us. They kinda' set it up." I laughed as I recall our trip.

"You sat beside Luke?! What was he like?" Melissa, now tuning out of Miss Josie's boring speech to listen to our conversation.

Fuck. I looked at the ground. "Umm.. He's really cool. He's funny, and cute, and awesome." I sighed. "And he has really pretty blue eyes. He's super tall, like you need to look up to talk to him." I demonstrated looking up. "And, he's sweet, and he laughs at little things, which I found a little adorable. And he's a great hugger. Like he hugs you tight but he won't crush your bones." I laughed, looking again at the ground.

"Are you blushing?" Melissa asked.

"No---" I started.

"Yes, you are." Andy interrupted.

"No, I'm not."

"You like him. You so like him." Melissa is laughing now.

"What the hell? No. I swear. And even if I do, there's like 10% chance we'd meet again." I told them, not mentioning the fact that I was supposed to watch their gig sometime.

"Whatever." They both said. Then they began asking about the other members. I don't really know them as much as I did Luke, because we haven't really got the chance to talk.

Melissa told us she liked the bassist the best, becuse he had a hot voice. I told her that was Calum Hood. She just shrugged and said, "I'll stalk his twitter later."

I invited Melissa and Andy over at my flat.

As I was preparing some food in the kitchen, I suddenly realize that It's weird to have friends over, and not have mom around. Ugh damn. I don't need to cry right now. I took a deep breath and went out with a bowl of chips.

"So what do you guys wanna' do?" I asked.

They both shrugged. "You wanna' watch some movies or------" I asked, before my phone interrupted me.

"Hullo." I answered my phone.

"Hi Sydny." Calum said. He asked Michael for my number a couple of days ago, but they still haven't told Luke about their communication with me.

"Yow, Cal."

Melissa's eyes widened. "Is that---?" she mouthed. I shook my head, yes. Melissa burried her face in the pillow and screamed. Andy was just laughing at her.

"We got a gig tonight. You should really come." Calum said.

"Uhmm... Well, I don't think I could make it. I got some friends over." To be honest, I'm not yet ready to see them.

"Sydny, please! I beg of you! Just take your friends as well. I swear, it will be fun." Calum could be very persuasive sometimes, you know... "Luke is not feeling well too. So the boys and I think it's time to tell him about you."

"And how am I supposed to help in that?" I rolled my eyes, though he couldn't see me.

"We just know... Just come okay?! I'll text you the address. Bye." He hung up even before I could say yes.

I sighed. "Boys.." I rolled my eyes once again. "Guys, you up for a gig?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Luke's P.O.V.

"Ughhhh.." I groaned, as I got up from my bed at 6 in the evening. My body hurts. It feels like it doesn't want to get up and do some sick gig tonight.

"Luke." Someone on the door knocked. Calum peeked his head, and said "You got 10 minutes to get ready."

"Ugh Cal. Can't we postpone it tonight?"

Calum rolled his eyes. "No. It's too late for that. Besides, I swear once you get on stage you'll forget about whatever you're feeling."

Fuck. I groaned, letting myself fall into my comfortable bed. "And... You should really come, cause we got a surprise for you." Calum said, immediately leaving the room.

"CAL! HEY CALUM!" I shouted after him. Surprise? Seriously? They think they could get me with that...

Hah. I need to get ready, anyway.... For the 5SOSFam.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"One, two, three, four." 

The guitars and the drums slam into life, as we perform Try Hard. Gotta' admit, the crowd was really pumped today. It always feels so good to perform when the crowd is into the music.

"'I get dressed up when I go out, but she gets dressed down."

I looked at Michael, then Ashton, then Calum... Calum was waving at someone in the crowd.

"It's stuffs like these that makes me wish that I could change somehow.

I scanned the crowd for anyone that we might know. Who was Calum waving at?

Sitting here at home...

It's obvious."

Then I saw her.

"She's so out of reach.

And I'm finding it hard that she makes me feel, makes me feel

Like I try, like I try, Like I'm trying too hard...."

Her brown hair flying wildly as she jumps up and down, being as pumped as everyone.

Her eyes glinting as the spotlights blink continuously.

She's got two friends with her. A girl and a guy.

I need to stop looking...

I looked around at the crowd and concentrated to the song.

"But now who knew, she's in the crowd of my show.

Nothing to lose. She's standing right in the front row."

The girls at the front row screamed louder.. I smiled. But my eyes involuntarily focused at her...

"The perfect view... She came alone on her own.

And there's something that you should know..."

The drums stopped, and everyone screamed.

We finished the song, and the gig...

"THANK YOU EVERYONE! HAVE A GOOD NIGHT!"

The boys and I went backstage, and I walked over to Calum.

"You invited her here?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Told you, we had a surprise." Calum winked.

.

.

.

.

Sydny's POV

"Sydny Green?" The big man asked.

I nodded. He lead me and my friends to backstage. He said one of the boys were looking for me. Damn it, Calum. This wasn't on our deal.

We followed the bouncer anyway... Andy and Melissa were just talking about the gig. How "sick" their performance were. They won't shut up abvout it. I pulled out my phone from my pocket, and checked the time. It was almost 9 in the evening. I also checked my twitter notifications.

It's funny. They're flooding my phone. A lot of them are asking for a follow. Wow. I'm famous. Lol. Just kidding.

"Miss Green, just continue the hallway. And the last room to the left." the bouncer said.

"Okay, sure. Thanks." I smiled, and the big man left us alone. "Come on, guys."

"Uhmm, Sydny." Melissa coughed. "Can we just stay outside? I mean..."

"Why?" I pouted.

"We're not yet ready. I guess?" Andy said. "We'll just meet you later."

"Well, alright guys." I smiled. "See yah."

I continued fumbling with my twitter as I walk down the busy hallway. People running around, with mics, and headphones, and makeup brush. Wow. I could see my future.

I scroll through my twitter, and kept walking. Honestly, the member of what they call the 5SOSFAM are hilarious. I favorited and retweeted and followed and scrolled.

"Shit." I almost dropped my phone, when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." the voice said, breathless yet, familiar.

I looked up to see those startling blue eyes looking down at me. "Luke."

He smiled. "Sydny."

.

.

.

.

.

Bye!!! Have a great day.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
52.9M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...