The Princess and the Wolf

Od Sunshinehappygirl81

If a princess kisses a frog; the frog will turn into a prince. But what happens if a hero falls in love with... Více

Chapter One: Blue Eyed Beast
Chapter Two: Archery
Chapter Three: Telma's
Chapter Four: Lord Daltos
Chapter Five: A Strange Sadness
Chapter Six: Trouble Maker
Chapter Seven: Out of the Friend Zone
Chapter Eight: The King of Light and Shadow
Chapter Nine: The Crowning of a Queen
Chapter Ten: "Do Not Think It Ends Here"
Chapter Eleven: Return of Darkness
Chapter Twelve: Lanayru's Spring
Chapter Thirteen: Tears of a Goddess
Chapter Fourteen: Shakespeare Insults
Chapter Fifteen: A Warm Welcome
Chapter Sixteen: Blooming Friendship
Chapter Seventeen: The Mirror of Darkness
Chapter Eighteen: Old Enemies and Old Friends
Chapter Nineteen: Memories
Chapter Twenty: Letting Go
Chapter Twenty-one: The Blade of Evil's Bane
Chapter Twenty-three: Darkness Falls
Chapter Twenty-four: Weakness and Strength
Chapter Twenty-five: The Trap
Chapter Twenty-six: Power
Chapter Twenty-seven: Courage and Wisdom
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-two: Lament

1.4K 57 102
Od Sunshinehappygirl81

Zelda examined her broken arm, after a week it had started to heal up; thanks to a healing power Zelda had inherited. Also a few fairies helped, even though the majority went into hiding as Ganondorf took power. Her arm was almost back to normal, Zelda smiled at the thought.

Hyrule's skies were still draped with dark clouds, not even a sliver of sunshine reached the land of Hyrule. Ganondorf intended on keeping it this way. His dream of tearing the light was almost fulfilled. Although, he did know that Link was still out there and intended on bringing light back to Hyrule.

Every attempt Zelda made to overthrow Ganondorf would fail. Zant made sure of it, keeping an eye on Zelda. As a result he spoiled all of Zelda's plots. Zant wasn't very happy about the idea that Ganondorf was considering marrying Zelda, and neither was Zelda. Perhaps that's the only thing the two could agree one.

One thing Zelda was sure of at the moment was that she was running out of time. If she didn't do something and fast, Ganondorf would be able to permanently tear the light from the Light Realm. But unfortunately, Zelda could do very little. Being the prisoner of the enemy isn't the greatest position to try and take on a whole army. A very stupid decision indeed.

Zelda's last hope was Link.
____________________________________________________________________

"Master?!" Midna gasped. She turned to Link, "When did you become a master?!"

"His first lifetime", Fi awnsered for Link.

Meanwhile Link was gloating, "Master...I like the sound of that! That's my new name!"

"Stop it. All the air is going to your head", Midna scolded.

"Occording to Google, air goes to the lungs", Fi corrected. "It is true that air goes to the head, due to the fact blood contains oxygen. Blood is pumped through the heart and travels...I'm starting to believe that there is a 5% chance you're still listening."

"What on Earth is Google?!" Midna asked the sword spirit.

Fi took a deep breath, "Google is a-"

"Okay, okay", Link waved his hands. "We don't need to know what Google is!"

"What's Google?" Midna whispered to Fi.

"Chrom", Fi whispered back.

Midna looked at Fi, "Who's Chrom?"

"Excuse me", Fi corrected. "I meant Chrome."

"What should our next move be?" Link asked Fi.

"By my calculations", Fi started. "If we destroy the King of Evil  there would be a 100% chance of victory (no duh). But if we storm the castle we would have a 75% chance of failure and death. I propose we don't storm Hyrule Castle, Master Link."

"How are you getting all these so called calculations?!" Midna asked with a stony glare pointed directed at Fi.

"I am the creation of the Goddess Hylia. She created me to reside in the Master Sword and aid my master whenever he needs it. Hylia programed me to be a calculator and a GPS, to say on your terms", Fi stated.

"Sweet", Link hummed. "My sword is alive."

"Indeed, Master Link."

"Hey, if you call Link 'Master', could you call me 'Master Midna?'"

"No."

"There's a 100% chance you're gonna get your butt kicked all the way to the moon!"

"Midna", Link warned. "Don't threaten my sword or the moon. The moon has a tendency to fall down."

"Curse gravity", Midna growled.

"Shut it", Link whispered.

Midna's eyes widened and she gasped, "Excuse me?!"

"Someone's watching us", Link replied as Fi became one with the Master Sword again. "Show yourself", Link yelled at no one imparticular.

Almost on cue, someone jumped out of the bushes with their hands up above their head. That someone was Lord Daltos.

Link glared murderously at him, "You--"

"I can explain", Daltos squeaked. "Please don't kill me!"

Midna glared at the ghostly pale man, "I have no idea who this person is..."

"Trust me", Link growled. "He's not a friend. Give me a reason not to kill you, and maybe I'll make your passing quick!"

"I'm sorry!" Daltos screamed with his hands still above his head. "I'm sorry for everything! Lying to you, lying to Queen Zelda. I betrayed Hyrule...I betrayed my home! Please, I need to avenge myself and my home. I admit I was selfish and power hungry and stupid, but my mistake with helping revive Ganondorf made me understand what abused power can do to a man. I'm disgusted with myself. Please, let me help you", Daltos sobbed.

Link's mouth hung open as Daltos actually started bawling about helping Ganondorf. He was sorry...he was lamenting. Link wasn't sure if Daltos was telling the truth. He seemed like a selfish, unforgiving man. Fortunately for Daltos, Link had a kind heart. "Alright", Link said calmly. "I'm willing to give you a second chance."

"What did this guy do", Midna asked Link.

"I helped revive Ganondorf", Daltos said with lament dripping from his words.

"WHAT?!"

"Please hear me out", Daltos pleaded with Midna.

"Zelda might be dead because of you!" Midna screamed.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it!"

Link looked at Daltos, "Did you run away after you brought back Ganondorf?"

Daltos nodded.

"Why?"

"Well", Daltos started. "Technically I ran away before the Mirror of Darkness was activated. It was Zant and Ghirahim who activated the mirror with Queen Zelda's tear. How they got her tear brought to many painful memories...for the both of us."

"What did they do to her", Link and Midna
asked in unison.

Daltos cleared his throat nervously, "Ghirahim somehow created a link with Zelda to bring back memories from one of her earliest lifetimes. I'm guessing it was the her first lifetime's memory. Ghirahim explained that the memory was a painful one for Zelda. A memory where she betrayed the one she loved."

Link pointed to himself, "Me?"

Daltos nodded, "I believe so."

"One last question", Midna said. "Why did you decide to leave the whole Crazy Evil Weirdo Club?"

"I didn't like how Ghirahim forced Zelda's past upon her again", Daltos explained. "I felt her pain."

"How", Link inquired.

"Being a participant in politics I have betrayed a lot of people and lied to many individuals", Lord Daltos said.

Link rolled his eyes, "Typical polotics."

Daltos forced a laugh, "Honestly, I've always felt bad for all of that. Even the lies I tried to tell Queen Zelda...The lie I told you. Anyways, when I served Ganondorf it was like I was being brainwashed. It was like I was a puppet. I wasn't in control of myself. When Queen Zelda woke up from her memory coma thing, that's when I cracked, that's when I saw her pain. I realized that so far in life I only hurt people, I never build them up. I was a selfish idiot and only cared about power and wealth! Life was a lie. That's why I'm asking you to give me, I guess, another chance in life. One where I don't hurt anyone, one where I don't cause that kind of grief like I did to Queen Zelda. I'm one of the reasons she's in danger and that Hyrule has subsided into ruin."

"I don't forgive you", Midna said coldly. "But if we do give you a second chance I may be able to forgive you."

Daltos smiled, "Thank you, both of you. I guess this all I've ever wanted: a life where I build others up not bring them down. I'm ready to right my wrongs!"

"That's the spirit", Link clapped Daltos on the back. "Are you done with your speech about life, because we need to find out what's the best way into Hyrule Castle."

"Yes", Daltos laughed. "I'm done for today."

"Good" Midna managed a smile.

"Back on subject, Fi told us that if we go willy-nilly into Hyrule Castle we will be crushed", Link stated.

Daltos looked around them, "Who's Fi?"

Fi jumped out of the Master Sword and landed at Link's side, "I am 100% Fi."

"She likes percents", Midna explained.

Daltos was dumbfounded, "A lady just came out of your sword."

"That's my line."

"Sorry."

Author's Note
Sooooooo Daltos has a heart😊. I've decided to make him a person who thinks ahead of him instead of the past. That's another reason why he felt bad for Zelda, due to the fact his past wasn't the best and he lamented that. Hence the name of this chapter. Well, that's Chapter Twenty-two for you guys😀

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

12.9K 462 21
Zelda always wanted to explore the world above. As a mermaid princess, it feels like she's always under the watchful eyes of her overprotective fathe...
3.8K 150 46
The story is around a hundred years later after the calamity Ganon took over hyrule. Hyrule is in great danger! Not only that, humans and other bein...
3.4K 210 12
What if Link was on the verge of death? Goddess Hylia opened up a portal when the hylian hero Link was close to dying at the hands of Calamity Ganon...
6.4K 161 62
Time has passed. Hyrule is getting rebuilt. Zelda on the other hand is not quite sure what to do. She is no longer a princess, She's a queen with res...